Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > THE BUTCHFEMMEPLANET PLANET > United States Forums > Arizona Forums

Old 07-24-2010, 03:16 PM   #61
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

Thanked 2,920 Times in 879 Posts
QueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by friskyfemme View Post
Being a state employee...I know all to well of how a governor can alter my benefits...
As a state employee we are not allowed to picket or give our opinions o the media.
This is the same in all states not just AZ. We depend on concerned citizens o be our voice. So if the people of the state don't stand up and vote...we are all screwed (state employees and private citizens alike).
It isn't just state employees - larger corporations demand certain "standards" from their employees as well. I work for a large financial firm - we are not to talk publicly about anything involving our company, we are not allowed to speak to the media, we are not allowed to engage in any activity that might be deemed "a conflict of interest"; we have to disclose ALL business-related activity (i.e. part time jobs, stock trading, business ventures, etc). That's a pretty tight leash. Unfortunately in this economy, I'm not going to make much of a stink about it. If there was anything in the "rules" that I was just absolutely against, couldn't live with, etc... I would file a grievance and quit. But, so far, it hasn't been an issue.

"There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way." Christopher Morley
QueenofSmirks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to QueenofSmirks For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2010, 08:13 AM   #62
friskyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
precious
Relationship Status:
down to earth

friskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Good Morning AZ

How are ya'll holding out in this 'steam bath'? Stay inside and drink plenty of water!
Old 07-27-2010, 08:19 AM   #63
asphaltcowboi

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
HAPPY

7 Highscores

Thanked 3,297 Times in 1,042 Posts
asphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputation

as far as the heat yikes!!! i have decided this is my last summer on the shouth side... moving north.
i wish this state would be more unionized.. yes the union has problems but at least you know things are not going to change do to a higher ups mood of the day.
asphaltcowboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 04:27 PM   #64
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

QueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody View Post
as far as the heat yikes!!! i have decided this is my last summer on the shouth side... moving north.
i wish this state would be more unionized.. yes the union has problems but at least you know things are not going to change do to a higher ups mood of the day.
Since I'm not yet familiar with AZ... what do you consider the "south side" and "north side?" If there is a cooler part of town, I want to be there LOL

"There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way." Christopher Morley
Old 07-27-2010, 04:57 PM   #65
asphaltcowboi

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
HAPPY

7 Highscores

asphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenofSmirks View Post
Since I'm not yet familiar with AZ... what do you consider the "south side" and "north side?" If there is a cooler part of town, I want to be there LOL
aww not in the phoenix area... i think of the north side along the I40 around flagstaff. as far as phoenix area the farest north you can get will be cooler. but just think the winters in the valley are great!! im just tired of the summers here. even the east side is a bit cooler then the west.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:46 PM   #66
friskyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
precious
Relationship Status:
down to earth

friskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody View Post
aww not in the phoenix area... i think of the north side along the I40 around flagstaff. as far as phoenix area the farest north you can get will be cooler. but just think the winters in the valley are great!! im just tired of the summers here. even the east side is a bit cooler then the west.
yep according to my GF in Mesa its about 5-10degrees cooler there(eastside). More rain over that way too. I like the Valley except in summer. But it's a tradeoff, I'll take the heat over the cold anyday. I am real whimpy about being cold. Even air conditioning below 80 degrees, My roommates like it around 72, freezes me out. Burrr.
QOS you need to come visit anytime but Summer which is not for the weak!
Old 07-28-2010, 09:53 PM   #67
asphaltcowboi

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
HAPPY

7 Highscores

Quote:
yep according to my GF in Mesa its about 5-10degrees cooler there(eastside). More rain over that way too. I like the Valley except in summer. But it's a tradeoff, I'll take the heat over the cold anyday. I am real whimpy about being cold. Even air conditioning below 80 degrees, My roommates like it around 72, freezes me out. Burrr.
yea im on the west side now but just landed a house up between flagstaff and kingman... ill be way out of the heat and a lil cold in the winter,, but my thought is ... you can always put on more clothes you can ony take off so many before they take you to jail!
The Following User Says Thank You to asphaltcowboi For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2010, 04:27 PM   #68
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

Quote:
Uh... I'm way beyond visiting. I'm moving there in about 6 weeks LOL

Old 07-31-2010, 01:21 AM   #69
friskyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
precious
Relationship Status:
down to earth

Quote:
Uh... I'm way beyond visiting. I'm moving there in about 6 weeks LOL

Yipee QoS!

Where are you going to live? 6wks will start cool down here and the monsoon season probably be over. We'll definitely need to get together.
Old 07-31-2010, 01:43 AM   #70
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

I used to live in Tempe. I liked it.....its been years, but I remember drinking on ASU's mountain that overlooks the stadium and raising hell along Camelback Road.
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 09:54 AM   #71
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

Quote:
Yipee QoS!

Where are you going to live? 6wks will start cool down here and the monsoon season probably be over. We'll definitely need to get together.
Well, my office is in downtown Phoenix, and I would really like to live within 20 minutes of there, but am willing to live a little further (Scottsdale, etc) if I find a really fabulous place that is just sooo much more amazing than anything in Phoenix; but frankly, of all the places I've looked at online, I don't think I'm going to have any problem finding a great place close to the office.

I DEFINITELY would love for all of us to get together once I'm settled... like maybe early October? I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone.

FF, thanks especially to you for making me feel welcome on this thread. I don't know a single person in AZ, so it's nice to know there are some welcoming people here!

Old 07-31-2010, 10:15 AM   #72
friskyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
precious
Relationship Status:
down to earth

Yep,

Tempe-home of ASU. Definitely a college town, plenty of fast foods and dance clubs.
Less expensive housing too. Tempe Town Lake dam broke a couple of weeks ago big loss of income for Tempe. Projecting to have it repaired by Nov.when Snowbirds return.

Tempe also just opened a huge Aquarium. I havent seen it yet, but looks great. My 2 fav (so far) aquariums - Monterey Bay and Chicago.
Old 07-31-2010, 10:36 AM   #73
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Thanked 1,690 Times in 1,064 Posts
lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation

I still haven't made up my mind on whether to move to Arizona or not yet. The weather issue is huge for me I have asthma and too hot or too cold is not good!!
lipstixgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 11:06 AM   #74
friskyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
precious
Relationship Status:
down to earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipstixgal View Post
I still haven't made up my mind on whether to move to Arizona or not yet. The weather issue is huge for me I have asthma and too hot or too cold is not good!!
You would probably due well (health wise ) considering hot/cold issue. Prescott, Cottonwood, Sedona, ShowLow, Payson. They are the Central Band of AZ. The weather is a 4 seasons area, but not the tempature extremes. However, it is a trade off for cultural and community(each is at least 1 1/2 hrs from Phoenix or Flagstaff).

Have you visited AZ? You really should visit in Summer so you can check out different regions during the Monsoon season June to Sept (worse weather July/Aug). I vacationed in AZ for 5yrs several regions coming different times of the year before I moved here. I think there is something for everyone here-snow, mountains, and desert. You're welcome to come anytime.
Old 08-27-2010, 12:48 AM   #75
ComparedToWhom

How Do You Identify?:
oh geez, a box... if I must, I"ll go with GeNdErQuEeR (100% all-natural, organic)
Preferred Pronoun?:
don't care as long as it's said respectfully
Relationship Status:
Rolling solo

Location: On the road/trail (see pic)... refuel in the Valley of the Sun (AZ)
ComparedToWhom Has the BEST ReputationComparedToWhom Has the BEST ReputationComparedToWhom Has the BEST ReputationComparedToWhom Has the BEST ReputationComparedToWhom Has the BEST ReputationComparedToWhom Has the BEST ReputationComparedToWhom Has the BEST ReputationComparedToWhom Has the BEST ReputationComparedToWhom Has the BEST ReputationComparedToWhom Has the BEST ReputationComparedToWhom Has the BEST Reputation

New to the forum, just wanted to shout-out from Phoenix, 5th largest city in the US.... um, ah, where the heck is everyone??

PM sent to Queenofsmirks re your impending move here. When people razz you about it being hotter than hell here just tell them this winter you'll be in flip-flops and shorts when they are freezing their hineys off. Oh, and that you don't have to shovel sunshine!
ComparedToWhom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 08:27 AM   #76
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComparedToWhom View Post
New to the forum, just wanted to shout-out from Phoenix, 5th largest city in the US.... um, ah, where the heck is everyone??

PM sent to Queenofsmirks re your impending move here. When people razz you about it being hotter than hell here just tell them this winter you'll be in flip-flops and shorts when they are freezing their hineys off. Oh, and that you don't have to shovel sunshine!

LOL yes, trust me, I've had to battle comments from all sides! I must admit, I'm not looking forward to the "holy hell" heat, but I AM looking forward to no more snow!! yippeee!

Old 08-28-2010, 04:22 PM   #77
friskyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
precious
Relationship Status:
down to earth

Hey AZ ~~

I have been xtremely preoccupied with home repair and debugging my computer. I am looking forward to meeting you Compare to Whom. Am in Glendale...you?

Q of S...when you moving chick-a-dee?
Old 08-28-2010, 05:56 PM   #78
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

Quote:
Hey AZ ~~

I have been xtremely preoccupied with home repair and debugging my computer. I am looking forward to meeting you Compare to Whom. Am in Glendale...you?

Q of S...when you moving chick-a-dee?

I should be arriving Labor Day weekend! I'm not gonna lie, I'm kind of freaking out LOL It's a big move, I'm still trying to get everything done, and starting to really really really miss my friends...ughhhhh. I know I'll be okay in a few weeks, but this is the hardest part - saying goodbye to everyone. I'm already planning a trip back to visit in March LOL

Old 08-28-2010, 10:52 PM   #79
friskyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
precious
Relationship Status:
down to earth

Quote:

I should be arriving Labor Day weekend! I'm not gonna lie, I'm kind of freaking out LOL It's a big move, I'm still trying to get everything done, and starting to really really really miss my friends...ughhhhh. I know I'll be okay in a few weeks, but this is the hardest part - saying goodbye to everyone. I'm already planning a trip back to visit in March LOL

I totally relate! When I moved away from my family and friends by myself to AZ in 2000, I freaked as well. For awhile, I questioned my logic...but after I made friends and moved around the state I realize that this is where I was meant to be. I will certainly be happy to help you get familar with the area. I work longhours during the week but I have weekends off. Just let me know when. I'll pm my cell#.

PS I generally visit once or twice a year...LOL
Old 08-29-2010, 04:58 AM   #80
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

Quote:
I totally relate! When I moved away from my family and friends by myself to AZ in 2000, I freaked as well. For awhile, I questioned my logic...but after I made friends and moved around the state I realize that this is where I was meant to be. I will certainly be happy to help you get familar with the area. I work longhours during the week but I have weekends off. Just let me know when. I'll pm my cell#.

PS I generally visit once or twice a year...LOL
Thanks for the words of encouragement! This is actually not the first time I'm making a big move like this. The first time was 9 years ago when I left my hometown in Colorado to move to NYC. That was tough. And this move I have felt really really good about until Friday when I had to say goodbye to several people I'm really close with. All of the sudden, I started doubting my decision, and I still feel a little down today, but I know it's the right decision, at least for right now

Enough of that!

I am really looking forward to getting together with you all when I get settled in! Just out of curiosity, does anyone besides me gamble? LOL I plan to spend lots of time at the casinos!