Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 01-28-2015, 04:46 PM   #2241
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
It was a sunny day, so I took the bus to the library as Ami needs the car to get to work. I was back before she left, good timing. Excersize was shivering in the 18* weather at the bus stops. Burrrrr.
Said the fella who was teaching ME how to dress for the cold.

<<< Zombie who learned; smug and toasty in 33F.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2015, 05:05 PM   #2242
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

I started therapy for my knee today,the exercise's aren't hard but dam they start my back into knots I haven't had in a while,I cam home hunting pain pills..it was time to take them any way,tomorrow we go to the pool....please let it be better.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2015, 07:51 PM   #2243
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Ohmygoodness, exercisers!

Clearly, I had some moments today when I thought I was a machine and I overexerted myself shoveling everything that wasn't tied down.

BUT

A lot got done and now there's a CAT machine sitting in front of one of my buildings because I finally told the account manager of my snow removal company that I wouldn't care how busy he was if one of my customers fell and sued us. It's slippery as snot out there today. I slipped and skidded a few times, but no falls were had!

I'll put that towards 'core work'.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2015, 08:28 PM   #2244
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
Said the fella who was teaching ME how to dress for the cold.

<<< Zombie who learned; smug and toasty in 33F.
Had mah silkies on, boots and gloves with inner liners, hat, and thermal LLBean coat. I was nicentoasty when moving, notsomuch standing in a foot of snowmounds..... It was that kind of day. ETA, it was 1* when I woke up.....
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2015, 05:44 PM   #2245
Bard
Family Man

How Do You Identify?:
TG Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones
Relationship Status:
She just gets me

Thanked 12,786 Times in 2,431 Posts
Bard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST Reputation

Another great Hike in the beauty that is Upstate NY went out to the Erie Canal state park and hiked along the Canal. I did 8 miles at a very good pace plus my squats this morning made for a good day. It was cold out but I layered up by the time I got done with my hike I was soaked and beat I think it is going to be a much shorter hike tomorrow
And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Give yourself over to absolute pleasure. Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh - erotic nightmares beyond any measure, and sensual daydreams to treasure forever. Can't you just see it? Don't dream it, be it.
Bard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bard For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2015, 06:22 PM   #2246
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I'm pretty excited that this time next week I may be able to start *real* resistance workouts, like the go for it variety instead of the treading cautiously kind.

For today I did my 90 on the bike at HR and spent a little time with the hydro massager.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2015, 07:16 PM   #2247
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Resistance workouts aren't all that they cracked up to be. I've met a LOT of resistance with the hundreds of pounds of snow I have shoveled in the past 3 days.

ba dum BUM

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2015, 04:50 PM   #2248
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Member Photo Albums

Well, I'll say this for that...

Going to a gym loaded with screens and getting sucked into something makes you work out longer. 2 hours on the bike at HR.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2015, 07:13 PM   #2249
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Snow shoveled total 1 hour yesterday, paying for it today, still getting some steps in during shopping, now down for the count....the long count....
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2015, 10:06 PM   #2250
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,719 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

I slept in which really makes a big difference in giving me energy.

Today at the gym:

1 hour treadmill 4mph, 1st 30 min uphill incline of 12, 2nd 30 min uphill incline of 9

30 min stairmaster, intervals

15 min upright bike, random program

45 min ab exercises weight lifting and stretching

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2015, 09:24 AM   #2251
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

PT and shoveling on the 30th. A little more shoveling yesterday. Today was a gym day! Tomorrow will be another storm day so I wanted to really kick it into gear. Since I get lots of upper body training with shoveling, I decided to stick to cardio.

Machine 1: elliptical

E17, random program, level 5
Stats: 158 cal, 1.19 mi, 18:00 min

Machine 2: step climber

Matrix, manual, level 1
Stats: 82 cal, 433 steps, 18:00 min

Machine 3: Arc trainer

A7, program 3, level 1
Stats: 237 cal, 1.15 mi, 20:00 min

Machine 4: recumbent bike

B6, random program, level 5
Stats: 156 cal, 6.08 mi, 25:00 min

Total calories: 633
Total miles: 8.42 plus 433 steps
Total time: 81 minutes or 1 hour and 21 minutes

Booyah!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2015, 10:02 AM   #2252
MrSunshine

How Do You Identify?:
The Gardner
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ummmm
Relationship Status:
Nah

23 Highscores

Thanked 3,889 Times in 1,154 Posts
MrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST Reputation

Yeah. I think shoveling fifty fucking tons of snow covers it for the day. The tread mill can suck it!
MrSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MrSunshine For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2015, 01:13 PM   #2253
Candelion

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her/you
Relationship Status:
He can till my field.

Thanked 4,035 Times in 897 Posts
Candelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I haven't posted for a while. After an emergency appendectomy at the end of November, I had to take some time out from running. I have spent the last few weeks getting back into my routine. However, the sidewalks have been icy so I have been jumping rope. Jumping rope has always been part of my routine but for a Christmas present to myself I ordered a custom skipping rope. Designed specifically for my height, arm length, jumping speed etc. I don't know how I ever managed with my old skipping rope. Jumping rope is a great cardio workout and a great way to cross train for running. It improves one's endurance, balance, and coordination. Today I jumped for 25 minutes...2 missteps.

Have a great day everyone and, as always, thank you for providing motivation through your posts.
Candelion is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Candelion For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2015, 05:49 PM   #2254
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Glad you are better, Candelion.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2015, 08:01 PM   #2255
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candelion View Post
I haven't posted for a while. After an emergency appendectomy at the end of November, I had to take some time out from running. I have spent the last few weeks getting back into my routine. However, the sidewalks have been icy so I have been jumping rope. Jumping rope has always been part of my routine but for a Christmas present to myself I ordered a custom skipping rope. Designed specifically for my height, arm length, jumping speed etc. I don't know how I ever managed with my old skipping rope. Jumping rope is a great cardio workout and a great way to cross train for running. It improves one's endurance, balance, and coordination. Today I jumped for 25 minutes...2 missteps.

Have a great day everyone and, as always, thank you for providing motivation through your posts.
What type of shoes (I assume sneakers of some sort), does one use for jumping rope? Running shoes?

As an aside, I actually worked out today, people.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2015, 08:35 PM   #2256
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Gym today:

1 hr treadmill at 4mph, started at uphill incline level 12 and then decreased by 3 every fifteen minutes

30 minutes stairmaster, intervals

1 hour of floor exercises: weight lifting, ab exercises, leg weights, back strengthening, yoga, tai chi, stretching

How do I... ?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 02-02-2015, 06:33 AM   #2257
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
What type of shoes (I assume sneakers of some sort), does one use for jumping rope? Running shoes?

I thought I felt a ripple in the force.

Good for you, Dapper!

Today I get to..........................drum roll please..........................shovel SNOW!!!

At least it's not the foot we were originally forecasted.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-02-2015, 07:10 AM   #2258
Candelion

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her/you
Relationship Status:
He can till my field.

Thanked 4,035 Times in 897 Posts
Candelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post

Cross trainers are usually recommended as the best shoe for jumping rope because they offer a firm, supportive surface to protect small foot bones and to stabilize ankles. Jumping rope is a high impact exercise so your knees and hips require the extra cushioning that cross trainers offer to reduce your risk of injury from the repetitive jumping motion.

Admittedly, I wear an aerobic running shoe for jumping rope. It provides support but not as much support as a cross trainer. The aerobic running shoe is lighter, though. And for me, the lighter the shoe the better.

One of the best sources of information for jumping rope is Buddy Lee's book, Jump Rope Training. I think he has jump rope workout routines on YouTube, as well. I hope this helps.
Candelion is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Candelion For This Useful Post:
Old 02-02-2015, 09:14 AM   #2259
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candelion View Post

One of the best sources of information for jumping rope is Buddy Lee's book, Jump Rope Training. I think he has jump rope workout routines on YouTube, as well. I hope this helps.
I could never jump rope as a kid, even though I tried to learn. I didn't mind the excuse to go play with the boys, though.

I know it is a great form of exercise (except for the knees).

Makes total sense about the cross trainers. Thanks.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-02-2015, 07:43 PM   #2260
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Gym: 1 hour treadmill, uphill incline 12 reduced by 3 every 15 minutes, 4mph

I didn't sleep enough last night; it was slushy outside and freezing; somehow I made it!

How do I... ?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:

Tags
exercise, weights