LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

Thanked 7,689 Times in 1,610 Posts
LaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JD View Post

United Kingdom: They get my award for Best Dressed Lawyers.
Thanks for sharing these. I actually like these uniforms. They look clean, classic and truly look as if they could fit in multiple scenarios.

Great job UK!

Old 07-16-2012, 11:56 PM   #42
Ciaran

How Do You Identify?:
Altocalciphilic
Preferred Pronoun?:
Papa Smurf
Relationship Status:
Curmudgeonous spinster

Thanked 3,656 Times in 602 Posts
Ciaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiebug61 View Post
This saddens me! I refuse to give up the fight to do what's right. I will not win every time but if I do not try I will never know what the outcome might have been. Red said one of the best things ever to me early into our partnership. She said if you are an excuse driven person then your live will be one big excuse. I refuse to go out of this world spewing excuses.
No one is making excuses and, if you think I am, then I would respectfully suggest that you re-read my post. Rather, all I am doing is telling it as it is and without any sugar-coating.

The Olympic Games is one big corporate-fest and it's driven by globalisation rather than pride in individual nation states. Yes, many of us will read, and get a warm glow, from stories such as that of the Lesotho team even though such coverage tends to be both patronising and condescending.

I am fortunate enough to be able to attend some of the Olympic events this summer but enthusiasm for the games here in London is lukewarm ay best. Furthermore, until a few months ago I lived on the edge of a historic park which now houses an ugly stadium that will, in all likelihood, be used during the Olympics and then rarely used again - as was the Athens 2004 experience.

You go ahead and fight for the US uniforms to be made in the USA ..... Personally, I think that the USA has many more pressing issues to deal with.
Ciaran is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ciaran For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2012, 12:01 AM   #43
Ciaran

How Do You Identify?:
Altocalciphilic
Preferred Pronoun?:
Papa Smurf
Relationship Status:
Curmudgeonous spinster

Ciaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaneyDoll View Post
Thanks for sharing these. I actually like these uniforms. They look clean, classic and truly look as if they could fit in multiple scenarios.

Great job UK!

I actually really like the South Korean uniform but the UK one isn't bad. The UK's kit is designed by Stella McCartney but not sure about the uniform.

Personally, I'd love a Jack Wills-designed uniform for the UK.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ciaran For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2012, 06:14 AM   #44
Wolfsong

How Do You Identify?:
Aw man....another label?
Preferred Pronoun?:
Boys will be boys
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 2,031 Times in 418 Posts
Wolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaran View Post
Sure, American corporate plc has already done more than enough to ensure that American businesses are supported for the Olympics.

Why worry about uniforms when, thanks to McDonalds' food sponsorship, all spectators are being banned from taking any personal food items into the stadia. Meanwhile, when we eventually get inside, we can only pay by Visa because Visa is a "preferred provider" to the Olympics which is corporate-speak for having paid out a lot of $$$ for the privilege.

The Olympic spirit is dead - it died years ago. Where the US team uniform are, or are not, manufactured changes that not one iota.

Well now that they allow professional athletes to compete the bloom is off of the rose for me. I watch sports that I rarely get to see otherwise (like curling, track, gymastics, bob-sledding etc).

Fortunately for Olympic attendees, McDonalds didn't completely get their way. You cannot bring your own food in, however that is the rule for most sporting, music, and theater events anyway. There are going to be around 800 other vendors serving the Olympics according to Mail Online, and commercial partners Coca-Cola, McDonald’s, Cadbury, Nature Valley, and Heineken will be the only branded products sold at the games.

McDonalds did accomplish one thing that people will find to be fairly annoying.....they have engineered a ban to force all 800 food retailers at the 40 Games venues across Britain from dishing up chips (fries) because of 'sponsorship obligations.' The only loophole in the agreement, announced in a memo to staff, is that chips can be served with fish - safeguarding Britain's most famous dish. The Brits, who seem to prefer everything with chips, are bristling at the fry ruling but unfortunately for them, Mickey D's threw enough cash at the Olympics to make the ruling stick. French fries are one of their biggest money-makers (Happy Meals are actually #1)

As for the Visa thing you are 100% correct. The Link machines at Olympic Park have been disabled or moved and Visa is the only card that can be used at ATMs in the park. I'm not certain if this also applies to other vendors (such as McDonald's) but I bet that would be a fight that Visa would lose if they tried to fight it. McDonald's corporation has long been a customer of mine for the last 20years or so and I have seen them do some things over that time that just make you shake your head. (I also have not eaten fast food in years, with exceptions made for Jimmy John's and Chipotle)

Where the uniforms come from and what they look like does matter. With the unemployment rate so high, the infrastructure of the country in less that desirable shape, the economy in the shitter, and the drought having destroyed most of this year's crops it matters more now than ever. We could use a few heros right now. This is a world stage. We need to be able to stand up and feel the strength of our own resiliency. Nothing else that we are doing seems to be working.

Ok, I am going to shut-up now because the voices inside my head have now started humming America the Beautiful while I type.
Wolfsong is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wolfsong For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2012, 06:26 AM   #45
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

You go ahead and fight for the US uniforms to be made in the USA ..... Personally, I think that the USA has many more pressing issues to deal with.
Thanks for that Ciaran. You are certainly entitled to your opinions as all of us are and I think we all realize that there are global issues bigger than all of us here that are worth debating.

The issues the majority of us have been focusing on in this thread are pertinent to the United States of America, the uniforms for the Olympics being made in a country not the USA, the loss of manufactiring jobs to other countries and the impact of this loss to the economy of the USA and I do believe you are a citizen of the UK, not the USA, correct?

Globalization is a topic for all. No debate on that at all. I think we recognize that. I think we also recognize that the USA has many serious issues to deal with. Our economy is a critical one.

USA Olympic uniforms not made in the USA, yes, is a topic of concern for those of us that live here and pay taxes here. The uniforms being made in China is simply a tangible symbol to those of us that are citizens of America for the loss of jobs to other countries.

Those of us that live here are certainly entitled to to discuss the importance to our economy of the loss of manufacturing jobs to other countries.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2012, 12:29 PM   #46
Ciaran

How Do You Identify?:
Altocalciphilic
Preferred Pronoun?:
Papa Smurf
Relationship Status:
Curmudgeonous spinster

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
The issues the majority of us have been focusing on in this thread are pertinent to the United States of America, the uniforms for the Olympics being made in a country not the USA, the loss of manufactiring jobs to other countries and the impact of this loss to the economy of the USA and I do believe you are a citizen of the UK, not the USA, correct?

Those of us that live here are certainly entitled to to discuss the importance to our economy of the loss of manufacturing jobs to other countries.
That is correct. I am a United Kingdom citizen and very proud to be British. There are few things more important in my life than my Ulster - British heritage.

However, I didn't know that meant I couldn't comment on issues pertaining to the United States, nor that my viewpoint was necessarily inferior as a result.

That's certainly what the above implies - not sure whether I'm meant to take offence at that or not but, let's just say that I'll retain my right to post on topics that I wish to contribute to and, if you have a problem with that, solve it by putting me on ignore.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:41 PM   #47
Wolfsong

How Do You Identify?:
Aw man....another label?
Preferred Pronoun?:
Boys will be boys
Relationship Status:
Married

Wolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

That said, most of the world associates the USA with corporate greed and this isn't something new. The fact that US athletes will wear clothing made in China won't make any difference whatsoever as to how the USA is perceived externally.
Well....right now 100% of all US military uniforms are made in the USA.... Georgia in fact. I wonder how fast the perception would change if we stayed at home where we belong, and let the rest of the world deal with their own shit while we deal with our corporate greed.

Old 07-17-2012, 03:16 PM   #48
UofMfan
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
A very happy Mr. Grumpy Cat

Thanked 18,942 Times in 4,709 Posts
UofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST Reputation

The uniforms for the 2002 Winter Olympics, you know the ones Mitt left Bain for and retired "retroactively" from to "save", were made in Burma, which until last year were controlled by a brutal military regime.

See article here.

"According to reports in 2002, the decision to outsource the torchbearer uniforms to Burma caused an uproar among human rights advocates and trade groups. It prompted the head of the International Confederation of Free Trade Unions to write a letter to the International Olympic Committee, stating that "No responsible organization or body should make use of products originating in Burma."

No wonder Candidate Romney has remained silent during this year's controversy.

So yeah, this isn't new. Perhaps what is new is more sources of information are easily available for the average "Joe", without having to actually pick up a newspaper or a magazine to do so.

UofMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to UofMfan For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2012, 04:22 PM   #49
Wolfsong

How Do You Identify?:
Aw man....another label?
Preferred Pronoun?:
Boys will be boys
Relationship Status:
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfsong View Post
Well....right now 100% of all US military uniforms are made in the USA.... Georgia in fact. I wonder how fast the perception would change if we stayed at home where we belong, and let the rest of the world deal with their own shit while we deal with our corporate greed.

Ciaran,

I'm apologize if my post had a bit more pepper than I'd intended. It was not aimed at you personally and I can see re-reading it that's exactly what it looks like.

It's very frustrating for me to see Americans step over other Americans that are hungry, homeless, and unemployed to help people that do not want our help or appreciate the efforts. Although the rest of the world may not see it, it matters very much to those that live here where those uniforms are made and this is why....

Detroit is 254 miles from here and it's as if it does not exist and what's happening to the people there does not matter to anyone but them. 254 miles and it could be us....508 miles and it could be St Louis. You see, it means so much more than simply where uniforms are made.

This shit matters

It matters a lot
Old 07-17-2012, 05:15 PM   #50
Okiebug61

How Do You Identify?:
Light Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Hitched to Red

Thanked 5,381 Times in 1,245 Posts
Okiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST Reputation

I will always believe if you provide jobs for people those people will work. I have full faith that our textile industry would have more than stepped up to the plate and made our Olympic uniforms at an affordable price. IMO Ralph Lauren is a joke. His designs are archaic and nothing more than bringing long ago items from different decades and mix matching. A double breasted jacket is a double breasted jacket.

I would have like to seen something funky and fun maybe a throw back from the 70's. OK I am aging myself but seriously the funky clothes rocked!
Old 07-19-2012, 10:08 PM   #51
EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

Thanked 3,907 Times in 1,032 Posts
EnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST Reputation

Ugh, the rampant and arrogant American nationalism that has gone on in this thread is somewhat...nauseating.

As far as my own opinion, I really don't care if my nation's Olympic uniforms are made in Canada, China or Bangladesh. I come from an athletic background. Played sports all my life, have tremendous amount of respect for the dedication and talent many athletes have. But an event like Olympics these days is nothing short of hypocritical. The slogans talk about "bringing the world together," being "anti-racism" and ending barriers of discrimination. Bullshit. It's entirely corporate and being corporate is all about maintaining barriers of discrimination where they benefit making profit.

The uniforms for this year's Olympics are in many ways very fitting for that reason. Very Western capitalist on top of disrespecting female athletes. To me many of the styles look like American military uniforms...and that's pretty scary. And yeah, the women in skirts/gender division...not surprising, but it's been a while since the Olympics have been that overt about their sexism. Now let's see if they challenge anyone's status as a woman again this year. Maybe they can ruin another female athlete's career. They're already off to a great start by banning the Iranian women's football team and further victimising Iranian women and claiming to do so in defense of "secularism" and "leaving religion out of the Olympics." When you ban a team of Muslim women from Iran from the Olympics...you definitely ain't leaving religion out of it.

I support the athletes, but I do not support the IOC, the Olympics as a corporation, as an institution (and that includes the very institution that produced these uniforms), the blind nationalism that the modern Olympics promote, nor the promotion of normative bodies and the discrimination of bodies that are the sites of patriarchal anxieties.

Quote:
I wonder how fast the perception would change if we stayed at home where we belong, and let the rest of the world deal with their own shit while we deal with our corporate greed.
And of course, someone has to come out with the "rah rah, we save the world from everything" bullshit. Get over yourselves and your militaristic, paternalistic imperialism that you call "foreign relations." It's honestly revolting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiebug61 View Post
Are the workers who make these clothes paid well?
Are they paid well in the US? Typically, no. American minimum wages are...shocking at best. In Ontario, minimum wage is $10,25 and even then it can be difficult to survive on that. In the US there are States that don't even have a minimum wage, and those that do are often ridiculously low. Additionally, who are the Americans working in clothing factories? Do you not realise that an overwhelming majority of the people working in factories in North America are migrant workers, so-called "illegals," and recent immigrants? And what do you think these factories look like?

If the poor wages that Chinese workers receive making these uniforms is one of your primary concern, you should be turning to the horrid wages in your own nation as well. Because chances are those uniforms, if made in the US, would be made by the US's most disadvantaged demographic, namely recent immigrants, migrant workers and those without "legal" status.

Why is it so important that these uniforms be made in the US? So you can support the inhumane treatment of disadvantaged workers on US soil rather than on foreign soil? Sorry to sound snarky, but it's true.

Quote:
That said, last time I looked, many US workers in the garment industry weren't well paid and, furthermore, with the cost of living in the US, you'll find that the quality of lifestyle of many full-time workers in the US is often not much better (and can be worse) than those in comparable roles in much of the developing world (BRIC nations and the Next Eleven).
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby_woo View Post
I head up the recruiting for a company here in Vancouver that designs and produces outdoor clothing and equipment, and roughly 30% (I believe) of our manufacturing is done in Canada. Finding people who have experience working on a production sewing floor, cutting floor, etc., isn't easy. To be blunt, these aren't really jobs that Americans and Canadians are being trained for anymore. The average person working in our factory is a 50-year female Chinese immigrant.
QFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
I snipped all but the above quote Ruby.

As included in the WWD article I posted below. The jobs were here in the US, with plenty of people to do the work, until they, little by little disappeared overseas. Would there still be folks here to do those same jobs now? We will never know because they are gone now:

"Today, just 3% of apparel in U.S. stores is made in the country, according to the Cotton Incorporated Retail Monitor™ survey. In 1960, American manufacturers produced 95% of all apparel sold here, according to STGC."
They may have been, but if the US industry was anything like it was in Canada in 1960, then you'd still have people like my grandmother making up a large demographic of the workers there. Meaning poor, recent immigrant, very little spoken English, worked to the bone to try to support a family, very few recognised rights. Let's wake up a little and see who's really working minimum wage, factory jobs in the majority of the world's nations, and that includes North America.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollylane View Post
Is this the face of America? I hope not. I think it is the face of American Corporate Greed. It is a side of America, but not one that I'd like to see so prominently and shamelessly displayed at the Olympics.
Very much so. That this is surprising to anyone boggles my mind.

I can understand the sentiment behind buying products made in your own nation. I used to think that way as well, thinking "well, I'm a poor fucker and they're a lot of other poor fuckers in Canada. Jobs can be hard to come by, so let's make more jobs." Heh... yeah, but either way the jobs being made are low paying jobs that use human beings as cash cows. As a low income worker you are always expendable, and whatever rights the government affords you (if you are lucky enough to be given status at all and not forced to work under the table to avoid being deported) don't matter because in non-unionised jobs rights mean nothing. You stand up for yourself and you get fired or warned or worse. The sad reality that nationalist sentiment overlooks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillettoDoll View Post

I really don't like the uniforms , the uniforms look a little on the" French style" . I mean it looks like it would be more suited for France! Berets? Whats up with the Beret hats? And that scarf on the women ugh!!!! Totally french

Um, seriously? That's your complaint? The uniforms look "French" to you? Oh how horrid that would be! [/sarcasm]

Seriously, people. Are we really so ready to buy into a competition that is essentially corporate greed that tries to mask itself as "embracing diversity" and "promoting good sportsmanship between nations"? Overall, I think there are more important things to worry about that might actually make a difference in people's quality of life.
EnderD_503 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to EnderD_503 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2012, 12:01 PM   #52
Ciaran

How Do You Identify?:
Altocalciphilic
Preferred Pronoun?:
Papa Smurf
Relationship Status:
Curmudgeonous spinster

Quote:
Ciaran,

I'm apologize if my post had a bit more pepper than I'd intended. It was not aimed at you personally and I can see re-reading it that's exactly what it looks like.

It's very frustrating for me to see Americans step over other Americans that are hungry, homeless, and unemployed to help people that do not want our help or appreciate the efforts. Although the rest of the world may not see it, it matters very much to those that live here where those uniforms are made and this is why....

Detroit is 254 miles from here and it's as if it does not exist and what's happening to the people there does not matter to anyone but them. 254 miles and it could be us....508 miles and it could be St Louis. You see, it means so much more than simply where uniforms are made.

This shit matters

It matters a lot
No apology is necessary Wolfsong. I understand that there are key issues at play here and it's right and proper that they are debated. The issues are far from being unique to the USA i.e. here in the British Isles, we have similar issues and, whilst I live in London, my home city is Belfast.

Belfast was one of the manufacturing powerhouses from the late 19th century, linen, shipbuilding, heavy industry etc but this has been decimated over the past two generations with much of that due to outsourcing to lower-cost economies.

Similarly, while whole regions of the USA are in economic decline (rust bucket areas, in particular), that's not dissimilar to the UK where economic activity is much lower in the northern part than in the southern part (Greater London)

I'm well aware of Detroit and it's structural issues - in part because I've an interest in some of the revitalisation that occurred in the mid 2000s with some of the great 1920s art deco buildings being revitalised. Of course, short-term urban planning added to by further economic decline has eroded much of this vision.

Therefore, I appreciate the issues that have arisen in this thread and, as I've stated, it's right that they are debated. However, I do disagree with some of the comments that have been made in the thread and, whilst it may not be appreciated by all, I've registered my own point of view to counter what I've taken an exception to.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ciaran For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2012, 12:09 PM   #53
Ciaran

How Do You Identify?:
Altocalciphilic
Preferred Pronoun?:
Papa Smurf
Relationship Status:
Curmudgeonous spinster

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderD_503 View Post
As far as my own opinion, I really don't care if my nation's Olympic uniforms are made in Canada, China or Bangladesh. I come from an athletic background. Played sports all my life, have tremendous amount of respect for the dedication and talent many athletes have. But an event like Olympics these days is nothing short of hypocritical. The slogans talk about "bringing the world together," being "anti-racism" and ending barriers of discrimination. Bullshit. It's entirely corporate and being corporate is all about maintaining barriers of discrimination where they benefit making profit.
Interestingly, the head of the London 2012 Organising Committee (Seb Coe, who won Olympic gold back in the 1980s) was interviewed today and claimed that spectators wearing Pepsi t-shirts would be barred from entering any of the Olympic stadia - due to Coca-Cola's sponsorship of the Olympics.

When asked if someone would get into one of the stadia wearing Nike footwear (Adidas is an Olympics sponsor), he wasn't sure but thought it would be okay !!! Of course, the spin doctor machinery was soon rolled out to smooth over all of this.

I've limited enthusiasm for the Olympics (which is actually more than most people I know here in London) but, on the positive side, earlier this week I was able to get tickets for the United Kingdom versus Italy womens' volleyball. I've never really watched volleyball but will be looking forward to this !
Old 07-20-2012, 01:48 PM   #54
chefhmboyrd

How Do You Identify?:
man
Preferred Pronoun?:
beef
Relationship Status:
Uncle Daddy Snap

Thanked 2,845 Times in 898 Posts
chefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I like these, very steam punk, yet with a twist...

Old 07-20-2012, 01:52 PM   #55
chefhmboyrd

How Do You Identify?:
man
Preferred Pronoun?:
beef
Relationship Status:
Uncle Daddy Snap

Thanked 2,845 Times in 898 Posts
chefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

since it is the summer olympics
Old 07-20-2012, 05:16 PM   #56
Wolfsong

How Do You Identify?:
Aw man....another label?
Preferred Pronoun?:
Boys will be boys
Relationship Status:
Married

Well, revolting militaristic, paternalistic imperialism aside.....the uniforms are ugly and should have been made here at home.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wolfsong For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2012, 08:47 PM   #57
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I have to agree. This should not have even been anything that they had to think about. I would have thought RL could have done better for us. We look like reject French flight attendants

i agree as well.

The other day i made it a mission to look at items around the farm, and see where they were made. About 90% said MADE IN CHINA.

i'm in Canada, but i believe it to be the same as the states, and just feel like it's hypocritical to demand made in the USA for the Olympics when we outsource just about everything on a daily basis. The made in China uniforms were a better example of how things really are in the states, but i get that this is the almighty Olympics and we better represent ourselves well.

i would still love to know how much it cost to have the whole uniform process redone and how many starving children could have been fed with that money.

girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post: