Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Religion, Spirituality, Mysticism

Old 09-01-2013, 09:43 PM   #1
Bad_boi

How Do You Identify?:
Transman (male)
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His ect.
Relationship Status:
Handsome bastard.

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 1,824 Times in 499 Posts
Bad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST Reputation
Default meditation corner

Welcome

This is a place for all who enjoy or would like to learn.

I will be sharing videos, thoughts and information I find helpful to share with everyone. I hope others will do the same.

This is also a place to talk about your experiences and ask for help.

Last edited by Bad_boi; 09-01-2013 at 09:46 PM. Reason: I haz a spel
Bad_boi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bad_boi For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2013, 09:56 PM   #2
TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,268 Times in 1,633 Posts
TruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST Reputation

Thanks, I'd like to see what you're going to put up and discuss.
Old 09-02-2013, 12:35 AM   #3
Bad_boi

How Do You Identify?:
Transman (male)
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His ect.
Relationship Status:
Handsome bastard.

Bad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST Reputation

I have been looking for a basic meditation video, however I cannot find one that is just right.

I will pass on and share with you my Dad's first lesson he taught me when I was little-

First get comfortable, however you are sitting, standing or laying. Try to keep your back straight as possible.

Start breathing in and out slowly. Start gradually breathing deeper. (Key word is gradual I used to make myself dizzy on accident when I was learning)

Next focus on your feet and your toes. Relax all the muscles in them and move up your legs relaxing each muscle. Gently let go of the tension. Continue to go up your body relaxing your torso, your chest, neck and shoulders. Make sure to relax your arms and hands too. Take as much time as you need. Relax your jaw and your face muscles, especially the forehead. When you relax your whole body scan for anything that feels tense and begin to relax that.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bad_boi For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2013, 12:43 AM   #4
Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Neither, nada, out of the box
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

Thanked 7,246 Times in 1,416 Posts
Gráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_boi View Post
I have been looking for a basic meditation video, however I cannot find one that is just right.

I will pass on and share with you my Dad's first lesson he taught me when I was little-

First get comfortable, however you are sitting, standing or laying. Try to keep your back straight as possible.

Start breathing in and out slowly. Start gradually breathing deeper. (Key word is gradual I used to make myself dizzy on accident when I was learning)

Next focus on your feet and your toes. Relax all the muscles in them and move up your legs relaxing each muscle. Gently let go of the tension. Continue to go up your body relaxing your torso, your chest, neck and shoulders. Make sure to relax your arms and hands too. Take as much time as you need. Relax your jaw and your face muscles, especially the forehead. When you relax your whole body scan for anything that feels tense and begin to relax that.
I do this for about 20 minutes, twice a day. I don't meditate in the Eastern religious form, but more as a relaxation technique. I also do a variation where you scrunch up your muscles in every part really tight, then let go.
Old 09-07-2013, 06:08 AM   #5
Bad_boi

How Do You Identify?:
Transman (male)
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His ect.
Relationship Status:
Handsome bastard.

I found a very nice chakra meditation. It left me feeling relaxed and weightless. One of the coolest things is that I feel a sort of weightlessness.

For those of you that are unfamiliar with chakras they are basically energy centers within the body. Here is a basic chart. They are more detailed than what is on the chart. (I figure most people in here don't need a wall of text and will seek out the knowledge they want after my bite sized info has been read)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bad_boi For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2013, 03:44 AM   #6
Bad_boi

How Do You Identify?:
Transman (male)
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His ect.
Relationship Status:
Handsome bastard.

I stumbled upon this the other day and thought I would share it. It is a guided meditation about finding shelter in the Hobbit shire. Its really nostalgic and peaceful. Thehonestguys do great guided meditations on youtube and I think this one is truly great.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bad_boi For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2013, 05:07 AM   #7
Joness

How Do You Identify?:
Boi Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Boi He His Him Sir Handsome Son Brother Tom
Relationship Status:
Single

Joness Has the BEST ReputationJoness Has the BEST ReputationJoness Has the BEST ReputationJoness Has the BEST ReputationJoness Has the BEST ReputationJoness Has the BEST ReputationJoness Has the BEST ReputationJoness Has the BEST ReputationJoness Has the BEST ReputationJoness Has the BEST ReputationJoness Has the BEST Reputation
Default Hobbit-ness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_boi View Post

I stumbled upon this the other day and thought I would share it. It is a guided meditation about finding shelter in the Hobbit shire. Its really nostalgic and peaceful. Thehonestguys do great guided meditations on youtube and I think this one is truly great.
Interested in using this for my work, thank you!

I am on day 5 of a 42 day, daily meditation from a book called Abundance through Reiki by Paula Horan. You don't have to be a reiki practitioner to do this. Not at all. Completely makes sense, unblocking barriers to abundance. Check it out on Amazon, good reviews.

:-) Joe :-)
Joness is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
health, meditation