Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > In The News

Old 12-03-2011, 08:27 AM   #21
BBinNYC

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Fine with he or she. Just don't call me late for dinner.
Relationship Status:
married to the best femme in the world

Tournaments Won: 2

BBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST Reputation

One more point, and I'll come down off the soapbox....

In the article cited above about McDonald's, the anti-gay behavior was that of employees and not the corporation. In fact, the corporation agreed to provide diversity training to 30 Louisville area store managers as a means of settling the matter, implying that the fair treatment of LGBT customers was something they were committed to.

The comparison with Chick Fil A would only be helpful if McDonalds was donating millions of dollars to anti-gay organizations, which it is not.

Let me know, please, when Chick Fil A commits to LGBT diversity training. I won't hold my breath.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:50 AM   #22
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
I am a human and not a possession

Thanked 13,441 Times in 4,316 Posts
Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

Here is an article from January of this year in regards to Chik-Fil-A:

http://www.qsrweb.com/article/179061...anti-gay-snafu

Zimmeh
Old 12-03-2011, 08:56 AM   #23
BugsAndKisses

How Do You Identify?:
ladybug, lover of little things
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Settled

BugsAndKisses Has the BEST ReputationBugsAndKisses Has the BEST ReputationBugsAndKisses Has the BEST ReputationBugsAndKisses Has the BEST ReputationBugsAndKisses Has the BEST ReputationBugsAndKisses Has the BEST ReputationBugsAndKisses Has the BEST ReputationBugsAndKisses Has the BEST ReputationBugsAndKisses Has the BEST ReputationBugsAndKisses Has the BEST ReputationBugsAndKisses Has the BEST Reputation

Chick fil a is so so sososososoososos Gross but I love their calendars!
Old 12-03-2011, 09:22 AM   #24
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,719 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Not sure why you posted this article. Do you agree with what seems to be a defense of their position or disagree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimmeh View Post

Zimmeh
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2011, 09:25 AM   #25
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,354 Times in 2,670 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsAndKisses View Post
Chick fil a is so so sososososoososos Gross but I love their calendars!
Did you read the thread before you posted?
Chancie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2011, 09:59 AM   #26
Queerasfck

How Do You Identify?:
still ballin'
Relationship Status:
Triple X

Thanked 6,497 Times in 1,639 Posts
Queerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST Reputation

I'm really surprised more people haven't heard of Chick-fil-A and their policies. I thought both the company and their stance were more widely known.
There is only one location that I know of in San Diego and it's fairly new. I have never been there and would never give them my business.
Queerasfck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Queerasfck For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2011, 11:19 AM   #27
OS Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch-BLW
Preferred Pronoun?:
Default-She
Relationship Status:
Closed

Thanked 1,378 Times in 461 Posts
OS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST Reputation

Life filled with choices. I am not the most politically active person. I rarely watch the news, when they start airing the good news I might change. When someone takes time to show me that a company is on the anti gay side of things, I stop spending my dollars there, my choice. To this day I don't usually buy orange juice unless I have company over for breakfast.

My niece loves Chick-fil-A, I don't expect her to give it up, I probably won't even point it out to her. I know she supports gay rights and loves me just as I am....Really, I am unsure of why I feel that way, that it is OK for her to go but it isn't OK for me.....How odd...I will have to think on that for a bit
OS Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to OS Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2011, 11:25 AM   #28
OS Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch-BLW
Preferred Pronoun?:
Default-She
Relationship Status:
Closed

Thanked 1,378 Times in 461 Posts
OS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST Reputation

I love it when you get on a soapbox, dude! Thanks for pointing out that it should be shared here.

Jo

Btw BB, I have moved a bit away from my more conservative base...evolution happens, slow, but happens

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBinNYC View Post
One more point, and I'll come down off the soapbox....

In the article cited above about McDonald's, the anti-gay behavior was that of employees and not the corporation. In fact, the corporation agreed to provide diversity training to 30 Louisville area store managers as a means of settling the matter, implying that the fair treatment of LGBT customers was something they were committed to.

The comparison with Chick Fil A would only be helpful if McDonalds was donating millions of dollars to anti-gay organizations, which it is not.

Let me know, please, when Chick Fil A commits to LGBT diversity training. I won't hold my breath.
OS Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OS Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2011, 12:02 PM   #29
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

Thanked 2,920 Times in 879 Posts
QueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strappie View Post
I never heard of the joint till last week when some dude got pissed cause the Chick was stealing his shirts....

I found out we have one here by the University.

I had to read a little more here to figure out why they would be closed on Sunday 's cause they don't like the gays... ahhh I quickly found out "it's a Religious" thing.

Personally I think more businesses should be closed on Sunday. We really do need a day of "rest".... (I don't need a day of praying)

Well they are getting the free publicity out of all the chatter every where you turn...

I guess we can't get everyone to like us because of our color, our looks, our sexual preferences and so on....

People will chose to go or not go!

I don't want or need to them to "like" me. I just want them to stop spending millions of dollars to promote an anti-GLBT agenda.

"There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way." Christopher Morley
QueenofSmirks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to QueenofSmirks For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2011, 12:09 PM   #30
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

Thanked 2,920 Times in 879 Posts
QueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Everyone has their own opinion and I am voicing mine. I love to shop at Target and I also love the chicken sandwiches from Chik-Fil-A. I am also, a very proud lesbian and I have learned when to choose to fight and when to walk away with my mouth shut.

Zimmeh

I agree everyone has a right to their opinion, but I'm not sure how eating a chicken sandwich plays into choosing to fight or choosing to keep your mouth shut. Really? Giving up chicken sandwiches at Chik-fil-A is that much of a hardship that you'd rather support their business, which in turn supports an agenda against equal rights for you and anyone you know who is GLBT? I don't get it. I'm not trying to be shitty, I'm just trying to understand it.

"There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way." Christopher Morley
QueenofSmirks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to QueenofSmirks For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2011, 01:41 PM   #31
ruby_woo

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her/she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,941 Times in 376 Posts
ruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputation

I've known about Chik-fil-a for awhile. I hate it, I freakin' love their sandwiches and used to always get one when I went back to visit family in Ohio. I've stopped going, and have been trying to recreate the recipe at home.
ruby_woo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ruby_woo For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2011, 03:20 PM   #32
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:

Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

I can honestly say, that I havent eat fast food in general since 2007. I only frequent a fast food restaurant, whether it's McDonald's or Chik Fil A when I forget my lunch at home. This equals to about once a month. I haven't had a Chik Fil A sandwich in over two months and I haven't had any form of meat in nearly two weeks. I have lost two jobs for being gay and I do believe we should have equal rights. As of November 21st, 2011; I am giving up meat products. I no longer will be patronizing any fast food restaurant. I am not trying to upset anyone and I apologize if I did.

Zimmeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenofSmirks View Post
I agree everyone has a right to their opinion, but I'm not sure how eating a chicken sandwich plays into choosing to fight or choosing to keep your mouth shut. Really? Giving up chicken sandwiches at Chik-fil-A is that much of a hardship that you'd rather support their business, which in turn supports an agenda against equal rights for you and anyone you know who is GLBT? I don't get it. I'm not trying to be shitty, I'm just trying to understand it.

Old 12-03-2011, 03:22 PM   #33
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:

I do not agree with what their private business matters. Again, if my posts have upset anyone, I apologize and I will not mention any place I shop at.

Zimmeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfembbw View Post
Not sure why you posted this article. Do you agree with what seems to be a defense of their position or disagree?
Old 12-03-2011, 03:29 PM   #34
LesboNascarFan

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
Single

LesboNascarFan Has the BEST ReputationLesboNascarFan Has the BEST ReputationLesboNascarFan Has the BEST ReputationLesboNascarFan Has the BEST ReputationLesboNascarFan Has the BEST ReputationLesboNascarFan Has the BEST ReputationLesboNascarFan Has the BEST ReputationLesboNascarFan Has the BEST ReputationLesboNascarFan Has the BEST ReputationLesboNascarFan Has the BEST ReputationLesboNascarFan Has the BEST Reputation

My niece posted this story on her facebook this morning.

I have never eaten at Chick Fil A and now because of this I won't be eating there.
LesboNascarFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LesboNascarFan For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2011, 03:31 PM   #35
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby_woo View Post
I've known about Chik-fil-a for awhile. I hate it, I freakin' love their sandwiches and used to always get one when I went back to visit family in Ohio. I've stopped going, and have been trying to recreate the recipe at home.
Same here. Reminds me of going to my grandmother's house. They didn't have a restaurant in my area until the last couple of years. Which thrilled me. PLEASE let me know if you recreate the recipe. I miss those sandwiches! Bastards.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2011, 03:50 PM   #36
MissItalianDiva

How Do You Identify?:
Miss Twiggy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious and that shit doesn't sound atrocious!
Relationship Status:
divorce happens..all that glitters ain't gold

Thanked 7,161 Times in 1,793 Posts
MissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Zimmeh

I am having a hard time understanding the reason for this post. Do we really expect them to come out and say that they are anti gay marriage and equality...never going to happen. Actions speak louder than words. This is like expecting Herman Cain to admit he has engaged in the solicitation of prostitution and exploitation of marriage.
MissItalianDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 08:08 PM   #37
ruby_woo

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her/she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,941 Times in 376 Posts
ruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Same here. Reminds me of going to my grandmother's house. They didn't have a restaurant in my area until the last couple of years. Which thrilled me. PLEASE let me know if you recreate the recipe. I miss those sandwiches! Bastards.
This recipe is what I tried, although I didn't use the malted milk powder. It wasn't bad. Reading the comments, apparently some people marinated the chicken in pickle juice and it was really good, I might try that next time.

Also, not to sing the praises of McDonalds, but the Southern Fried Chicken Sandwich they have is a good knock off.
ruby_woo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ruby_woo For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2011, 08:22 AM   #38
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby_woo View Post
This recipe is what I tried, although I didn't use the malted milk powder. It wasn't bad. Reading the comments, apparently some people marinated the chicken in pickle juice and it was really good, I might try that next time.

Also, not to sing the praises of McDonalds, but the Southern Fried Chicken Sandwich they have is a good knock off.
Thank you. I eat vegan most of the time for health reasons but sometimes cheat. I will be trying this recipe!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 05:34 PM   #39
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default OMG

By msnbc.com staff
Chick-fil-A is apologizing for the “unthinking behavior” of an employee at a Southern California location who issued receipts labeled "Ching" and "Chong" to two customers of Asian descent.

The Georgia-based fast-food chicken restaurant chain says the employee was immediately fired after the customers complained to management.

"Honestly, it was just a young person doing something stupid," company spokesman Jerry Johnston told msnbc.com on Wednesday.

Two Asian-American students at University of California, Irvine, who ordered meals at a Chick-fil-A in Irvine said the cashier who took their order didn’t ask for their names. Instead, she typed “Ching” and “Chong,” respectively, on their receipts, according to Kelvin Lee, another UC Irvine student who said he is a friend of the customers. Lee posted a photo of the receipts on his Tumblr account.

In a statement published on Grub Street Los Angeles, the company said the manager quickly dealt with the complaint by firing the employee.

Here is the company’s statement:

Please understand and accept our confirmation that the inappropriate, and unthinking behavior of a young team member at one of our restaurants does not support any claim or even suggestion of racism at our restaurant. The individual clearly violated our operating standards; the matter was addressed and discussed immediately with the guests on the spot; and a confirmation was provided that the employee was immediately dismissed for the individual behavior.

Our Chick-fil-A restaurant Operators and their employees try very hard every day to actually go the extra mile in serving ALL of our customers with honor, dignity and respect. The circumstances here are a simply case of immaturity, failed judgment, and human error….it has nothing to do with the service and operational standards of our Chick-fil-A restaurants which are consistently rated at the highest level of service in the foodservice industry.”

Johnston said the incident is in no way a reflection of Chick-fil-A's views or valuies.

"Someone had a definite lack of judgment and did something very silly, very stupid. We immediately acted on it and took action," he said.
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2011, 05:45 PM   #40
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

We have a chick-fil-A in the big mall hear,I ate ther once but never again in thses many years,I love chicken but the food is awfull...so is subway.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote