LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

Thanked 7,689 Times in 1,610 Posts
LaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST Reputation

For anyone who loves the food but not the stance, try the copycat recipe for the "Chick-Fil-Gay" sandwich...

http://www.buzzfeed.com/wedontgiveaf...at-recipe-2t1y

Oh, and I have to give props to some of our youth for taking their own stands...

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...184508093.html

Old 07-27-2012, 02:53 AM   #62
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,661 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation
Default Boston Mayor runs "afowl" of the law in Chick-fil-a beef

Mayor Thomas M. Menino withdrew his threat to ban Chick-fil-A from Boston over the chicken chain president’s anti-gay marriage stance — but the Hub Democrat remained in the crosshairs of national conservatives, including former GOP presidential hopefuls Rick Santorum and Mike Huckabee.

“When I heard of the vicious hate speech and economic bullying being directed toward the (CEO Dan) Cathy family and their Chick-fil-A company, it was stunning. In the name of ‘tolerance’ a group was exercising extreme intolerance and trying to censor a citizen by threatening their business,” Huckabee told the Herald last night.

The former Arkansas governor also teed off on Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel, who echoed Menino in slamming the Atlanta-based chain over Cathy’s anti-gay-marriage statements.

“When mayors of major cities like Boston and Chicago actually became ‘wannabe tyrants’ and went on the record to say they would stop a business from opening in their city because they didn’t agree with the fact that the CEO of the company supported Biblical marriage, it was time to take a stand,” Huckabee’s statement read.

Huckabee, now a Fox News Channel host, also railed against Menino on his Facebook page and trumpeted support for an Aug. 1 nationwide “I Support Chick-Fil-A” rally. Huckabee’s page got so many hits yesterday it crashed briefly as thousands of Facebook users “liked” the posting.

“I’m thrilled that there have been over 250,000 people so far join with me to support Chick-fil-A but more importantly they are supporting the rights of all Americans to have freedom of speech and freedom of Faith,” Huckabee said in the statement.

Santorum, a former Pennsylvania senator who dropped out of the GOP race earlier this year, also backed Chick-fil-A.

“With two of my boys, enjoying chick-in-strips and an awesome peach shake at Chick-fil-A. See you here next Wednesday!” Santorum tweeted.

Exiled Boston Bruins goaltender Tim Thomas, who sparked controversy for skipping the team’s White House visit, also weighed in, writing on his Facebook page: “I stand with Chick-fil-A.”

Menino kicked up the coast-to-coast ruckus when he told the Herald last week “it will be very difficult” for Chick-fil-A to get licenses for a restaurant in Boston. The chain has been eyeing a pair of Hub sites.

The mayor yesterday backed off that threat, calling his quote a “mistake” and a “Menino-ism.”

“I sent (the landlord) a letter, but that’s all. There’s no pressure by me,” he said.

But in the letter — first obtained by the Herald — Menino blasted Cathy for “discrimination” against gays, and wrote, “I urge you to back out of your plans to locate in Boston.”

Civil rights experts say Menino’s hints of City Hall chicanery crossed a line — and could reap a lawsuit.

“It’s clearly unconstitutional for the city to deny permits based on a person’s opinions,” UCLA law professor Eugene Volokh said. “It opens the city up to criticism and even litigation.”

Local civil rights attorney Chester Darling said he’d “love to represent Chick-fil-A. I’d be in federal court in a New York minute.”

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/reg...oc#articleFull

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2012, 03:29 PM   #63
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

Thanked 6,231 Times in 1,462 Posts
always2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputation

Just throwing this out there because I'm interested in opinions about this particular event. On Friday, gay activists are staging "national same-sex kiss day" at Chick-fil-a. Your thoughts? Do you think this is an effective form of protest for this particular issue? Do you think it will contribute to advancing the message/boycott? If not, why not?

I am, personally, not really sure how I feel about this. The media and right-wingnuts have turned this into a freedom of speech/religion issue..which is clouding the true purpose of the LGBT boycott of this particular chain. I think it would be more pro-active to get the REAL message out...that this boycott is NOT about free speech. Dan Kathy has a right to his beliefs and opinions, misguided though they may be. The point is that he is contributing a portion of his profits to groups that are actively working to deny/prohibit equal rights (not to mention that at least one of the organizations is working in Uganda to put forth the death penalty for homosexuality). THAT is why he is being boycotted...because to contribute to his earnings is to contribute to hate groups working to undermine equality. That is the message that needs to be spread. That is what the public needs to be informed about. I really don't see how staging a "kiss-in" is going to accomplish that.

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there ~ Rumi
always2late is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to always2late For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2012, 03:53 PM   #64
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by always2late View Post
Just throwing this out there because I'm interested in opinions about this particular event. On Friday, gay activists are staging "national same-sex kiss day" at Chick-fil-a. Your thoughts? Do you think this is an effective form of protest for this particular issue? Do you think it will contribute to advancing the message/boycott? If not, why not?

I am, personally, not really sure how I feel about this. The media and right-wingnuts have turned this into a freedom of speech/religion issue..which is clouding the true purpose of the LGBT boycott of this particular chain. I think it would be more pro-active to get the REAL message out...that this boycott is NOT about free speech. Dan Kathy has a right to his beliefs and opinions, misguided though they may be. The point is that he is contributing a portion of his profits to groups that are actively working to deny/prohibit equal rights (not to mention that at least one of the organizations is working in Uganda to put forth the death penalty for homosexuality). THAT is why he is being boycotted...because to contribute to his earnings is to contribute to hate groups working to undermine equality. That is the message that needs to be spread. That is what the public needs to be informed about. I really don't see how staging a "kiss-in" is going to accomplish that.
I would prefer the LGBTQ community and our allies just turn at this point and take our queer dollars with us. Staging a kiss in will only add fuel to the fire, pissing anti-gays to keep spending their money there, and will continue to give Chik-fil-a free advertising. Plus, yes, it will take away from what is supposed to be highlighted in all of this.

Most/many in the USA don't have strong feelings about this....they just get reminded every day that they really like the sandwiches at Chik-fil-a so they pick a up on few on their way home.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2012, 04:17 PM   #65
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,118 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation
Default against kiss-in

I say give them no more publicity (or money...they can't just sit there w/o buying something) but let their brand fester and become permanently associated with bigotry. I also think that the kissing may just, once again, reinforce that our relationships are solely about the physical and that our struggle for equality is about behavior as opposed to rights.

Watching the videos and support for them has been really depressing. It seems that many of us didn't even realize how many of those around us are willing to support this asshole business which has given money to damaging anti-gay causes (reparative therapy! uganda!) besides being against marriage equality.

I do think we lost this round--they framed it as freedom of speech, which we know it isn't--and rallied their "freedom loving Americans" by the hundreds of thousands.

Really sickening.
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2012, 04:27 PM   #66
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowSoonIsNow View Post
I say give them no more publicity (or money...they can't just sit there w/o buying something) but let their brand fester and become permanently associated with bigotry. I also think that the kissing may just, once again, reinforce that our relationships are solely about the physical and that our struggle for equality is about behavior as opposed to rights.

Watching the videos and support for them has been really depressing. It seems that many of us didn't even realize how many of those around us are willing to support this asshole business which has given money to damaging anti-gay causes (reparative therapy! uganda!) besides being against marriage equality.

I do think we lost this round--they framed it as freedom of speech, which we know it isn't--and rallied their "freedom loving Americans" by the hundreds of thousands.

Really sickening.
exactly. Why give them more free advertising? I drove by the location by my house and there were more cars then I ever seen before. All we are doing is keep their brand in the public's face. I think that a "Kiss In" will only fuel the fire and accomplish nothing. The sooner we stop spending money there and keeping them in the public eye the better.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2012, 04:37 PM   #67
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

I wouldn't go to that place for anything...ever again.

Was wondering, however, when KFC or another Chicken or perhaps Burger place is going to come out with a "Support the LGBTQ Community Day". Just for us to show support.

I think they should. I think we would get just as much, if not more support, than Chick Fil-A-holes
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2012, 04:40 PM   #68
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,118 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachita View Post
exactly. Why give them more free advertising? I drove by the location by my house and there were more cars then I ever seen before. All we are doing is keep their brand in the public's face. I think that a "Kiss In" will only fuel the fire and accomplish nothing. The sooner we stop spending money there and keeping them in the public eye the better.
Yeah.

I can look at an upside--I do think their brand has been now permanently scarred with its fundamentalist and bigoted associations, and I am glad for that. Their brand approval ratings have already dropped and, despite the large turnouts in some areas of the USA, I think that many will not consume their product any longer.

I think those mayors/politicians did a disservice by speaking out as they did. It seemed more of a political manoeuvre than anything and most (all?) have backtracked or softened their original comments. There was a way to handle owner S. Truett Cathy's comments and have this all played out differently. Also, the media was no help or we didn't do a good job exposing the awful types of organizations this business owner supports. As we know, it is not a matter of free speech but an active support of organizations that harm and deny people their humanity and rights.
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2012, 04:45 PM   #69
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,783 Times in 4,470 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

Instead of national kiss day how about queers go out and volunteer at soup kitchens or something useful- something the haters would never do.

I agree with Soon and say let the brand fester. The best thing to do is to stay aware of corporations using their profits to fund anti-queer causes and to take our queer dollars elsewhere.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2012, 05:08 PM   #70
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowSoonIsNow View Post
Yeah.

I can look at an upside--I do think their brand has been now permanently scarred with its fundamentalist and bigoted associations, and I am glad for that. Their brand approval ratings have already dropped and, despite the large turnouts in some areas of the USA, I think that many will not consume their product any longer.
Yes and no. That's the funny thing about controversy and marketing. Sure they will lose a sector of the market but if you think about it that may not have even been a strong market for them in the first place. You have a HUGE fundamentalist sector that will now go out of their way to show support not because of the gay agenda but them standing their religious ground. Trust me, they have more money coming through then they did prior to all of this. Like I said I drove by the store in my small southern town and it was slammed packed. If we keep shoving our sexuality down their throat do you really think it will make a difference or get people out of the churches and heavily supporting these companies.

But perhaps it will have a ripple effect and only time will tell.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2012, 05:17 PM   #71
starryeyes

How Do You Identify?:
a round peg in a square hole
Preferred Pronoun?:
Guess...
Relationship Status:
Seat taken

Thanked 10,057 Times in 2,078 Posts
starryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDog View Post
Instead of national kiss day how about queers go out and volunteer at soup kitchens or something useful- something the haters would never do.

I agree with Soon and say let the brand fester. The best thing to do is to stay aware of corporations using their profits to fund anti-queer causes and to take our queer dollars elsewhere.
Yes!!! I would love to organize something like this in my area. It made me sick to my stomach with chick fil a announced record breaking profits yesterday. I KNOW we could do the same.

Starry
starryeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to starryeyes For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2012, 06:32 PM   #72
Nadeest

How Do You Identify?:
as myself
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,118 Times in 501 Posts
Nadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST Reputation

I agree with Soon and Bulldog, let's let them fester, while we go spend our money elsewhere. Still, it definitely got people's attention, at least.
Nadeest is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Nadeest For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2012, 06:50 PM   #73
Quintease

How Do You Identify?:
Rainbow femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
princess
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,816 Times in 417 Posts
Quintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST Reputation

This is funny.
Old 08-02-2012, 07:05 PM   #74
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintease View Post
This is funny.
........omg@ the comments.....
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2012, 07:05 PM   #75
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbelle View Post

I wouldn't go to that place for anything...ever again.

Was wondering, however, when KFC or another Chicken or perhaps Burger place is going to come out with a "Support the LGBTQ Community Day". Just for us to show support.

I think they should. I think we would get just as much, if not more support, than Chick Fil-A-holes

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...tml?ref=topbar

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2012, 08:52 PM   #76
Mrs Arcstriker
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her, she...female ones...
Relationship Status:
married to Arcstriker

Mrs Arcstriker Has the BEST ReputationMrs Arcstriker Has the BEST ReputationMrs Arcstriker Has the BEST ReputationMrs Arcstriker Has the BEST ReputationMrs Arcstriker Has the BEST ReputationMrs Arcstriker Has the BEST ReputationMrs Arcstriker Has the BEST ReputationMrs Arcstriker Has the BEST ReputationMrs Arcstriker Has the BEST ReputationMrs Arcstriker Has the BEST ReputationMrs Arcstriker Has the BEST Reputation

The thing about Chick-fil-a is that each individual store is a privately owned franchise, and boycotting just on the basis of the founder's opinion only stands to hurt the private franchise owner first.

We don't have these franchises here in CT in any great abundance, and the only time I was ever a "patron" was one night when I got horribly stuck in the airport in Atlanta. Once I was resigned to the fact that they were the only restaurant willing to stay open for those of us forced to sleep in the airport, they were kind enough to give out free food until the food ran out.

I wholeheartedly agree that as consumers we all have to follow our conscience when we spent our hard-earned dollars and they may lose some customers and gain some others. That said, I am far more concerned about the fact that some major cities are now going to block the opening of new Chick-fil-a franchises because of the anti-same-sex-marriage stance of the founder. IMHO, this is NOT a time for any city to block new small business with potential for creating new jobs.

As a sidebar, recently J C Penney lost the support of the One Million Moms when JCP chose Ellen Degeneres as the spokeswoman...I didn't agree with that boycott movement. Thusly, if I didn't agree with that one then I don't agree with the Chik-fil-a boycott either.
Mrs Arcstriker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mrs Arcstriker For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2012, 09:46 PM   #77
not2shygrrl

How Do You Identify?:
as a Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
under the cover of starry starry nights...enjoying a warm fire in the pit !

Thanked 2,454 Times in 546 Posts
not2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Default my 2 cents.....

I gotta say, Dan Cathy has every right to give/donate money to where and whom ever he chooses. It is his money, and if a person does not approve of those donations then don't purchase from Chic fil a. It's that simple. I spend my money where I choose and my donations go where I choose, it is my money and my beliefs that lead me to select who gets my donations or where I spend money. I don't think there is a person here in BFP that would welcome being bashed because of what you believe in. As a matter of fact....we all here experience that now! (or have experienced it)

I am not of the school of being right or wrong. I am however of the school that what matters is the thoughts of people (and opinions to a point) . Knowledge is empowering, if the words and beliefs are said out of fear (religious) and the unknown, that is reactionary. To educate, without forcing something down a persons throat is an approach more civilized and intelligent.

They have gained notoriety, free press, support from haters and more from all this hullaballoo. The money it would have taken to get this advertising they now have for free is invaluable. Now I know mine is not the popular view, but it is how I feel. I am not angered by Dan Cathy, or his beliefs....I am upset that the press grabbbed onto this story and blew it across the globe, and we all.....reacted. Well it's been a day or so with my thoughts. I have no discontent for anyone, I own my thoughts not the freakin press who trys to gain my support by dramatizing and inflating stories to assert their control and attempt directional power. I only wish I had been able to ignore it out of the gate.
not2shygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to not2shygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2012, 10:49 PM   #78
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,366 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

I think that we should be out and present. It intimidates. The Mormons were so shocked that that many people thought it was wrong that their church donated toward passing Prop 8.

I find that more and more people are afraid of the backlash against them for their positions against lgbtq rights. I am glad that they are afraid. Those who have not or will not change their minds should hesitate before they take action against us. They should consider what it might cost them.

We need to shame them and cost them money.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2012, 10:59 PM   #79
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

It has never been about his right to say or believe what ever he chooses. It is and has been about his funding and promoting of hate groups who support killing gay Ugandans, Exodus Int'l, and Tony Perkins group Focus on the Family who equate pedophillia to gay men. He is well within his right to say what ever he wishes, he is not within his right to promote murder. And it is my right to say truth to hate and not to buy and contribute to those who, given the chance, would kill me or any of *you*. It isn't about religion or free speech, it is about hate. Food is love, not hate.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2012, 08:08 AM   #80
EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

Thanked 3,907 Times in 1,032 Posts
EnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDog View Post

I don't know too much about this Chick-fil-a thing (Do we even have them in Canada? Never heard of it before), but I think going to volunteer in disadvantaged communities would be a better reaction than continuing to support corporate greed.

The other thing to, is, yeah, be aware of anti-queer corporations using their profits to fund anti-queer causes...but also be aware of how corporations in general have been trying to use the queer community lately to try to make more money. For example, up here RBC may claim to be supporting queer communities through supporting Pride, but how exactly is that helping queer communities that need the most support? 40% of homeless youth here is queer-identified. That's a pretty big statistic. Is supporting corporate greed going to help anything? Not likely. People need to be aware of corporations and how they work in general. Because no matter what their real beliefs are, they will always go where the money is. If Chick-fil-a can make more money or the same profit by advertising their anti-lgbt stance, then they'll have no problems spending their money for anti-lgbt causes. If 10 years down the road that really starts to fuck with their profits, they'll change their "official" stance for the sake of profit. It's just the nature of the beast.

I just think we shouldn't be paying so much attention to corporations...and more attention to real social issues. Don't sign a petition to bring down a bigot corporation (cause at the end of the day, they're all bigots in one way or other), go out and help queer folks that need it in whatever way you can. I think that's more productive, imo.
EnderD_503 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to EnderD_503 For This Useful Post: