Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 01-05-2012, 03:52 PM   #2721
PinkieLee

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
I need ya boo, gotta see ya boo

Thanked 13,087 Times in 3,051 Posts
PinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvie View Post
omg omg omg omg OMG...
Soooo had to come in with my exciting news!

First of all, i went girl shopping today, and bought some pretties, new bras (one is cheetah print) how CUTE.. And new pants and new shirt and new workout gear......ok ok but that's not what was exciting.. Back in June of 2011 i was a size 26 pants... When i was in Oregon, i was 24... Today?? i am a size 20 !!!!!!!!!!

my shirt went from a 4x in June to a size 1x OR x-large depending on the style of the shirt.. AND...

i weighed in today, 11 more lbs lost since last weigh in almost 4 weeks ago...
for a grand total of................ 82 lbs lost!!

82 frigging lbs... i reached my 75 lb milestone & passed it even, i'm SOOOO happy... next milestone will be 100 lbs lost! So aiming for 10 more lbs in the next 4-5 weeks !!

<-------- bouncing girl!

Happy boucing girl... you have every right to be SUPER proud of yourself!!!! We are so so happy for your and your progress.... it's been a pure joy to watch your journey unfold! You keep up the amazing work honey.... the sky is the limit for you!!

82 pounds gone forever... WOW!
PinkieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PinkieLee For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2012, 04:14 PM   #2722
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

You are ALL such wonderful motivators!!!!!!! Thanks again for this thread and the warm welcomes!!!

Tomorrow is a challenge for me. I work in homecare and am on the road Fri Sat and Sun. What i usually do for lunch is pull through a Sonic or Wendy's. Now, my plan is to pack a healthy lunch, something i can nibble on all day without feeling deprived. A sandwich on low fat wheat toast and cheeses, grapes, Special K bar....that sort of thing. Wish me luck!!! There are fast food places everywhere!!!!!

signed,

belle the shrinking woman
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2012, 04:17 PM   #2723
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Thanked 7,501 Times in 1,850 Posts
sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

Indeed Belle, it's difficult to break habits..
i pre-plan all my meals for next day the night before, (whether i am working or not) . i will cook it all up and pack it and then if i have the food with me, i am almost always successful at behaving, because i have the food there available for me.. Pack some extra fresh fruit that you can open and pick at, (grapes work best for me).. Because sometimes i want something extra or *different* from what i planned, and having something extra helps me not to get in the "well i could stop and pick something up* mindframe i seem to get stuck in..

You can do it! We're all so proud of you both!♥

my facebook weight loss page:
http://www.facebook.com/asyllyjourney
sylvie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2012, 04:30 PM   #2724
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:
spiritually minded dirt dog

Thanked 2,593 Times in 663 Posts
foxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack View Post
I am having issues getting to the gym. I don't enjoy it this time of year with all the "resolutionists" there clogging up the place. Yet, I need to be accountable and go. I know others have mentioned this issue. Can we put our heads together and think of a way to support each other?

Jake

PS....no offense to the resolutionists who have just joined this thread! I totally support you!
Unrelated to your issue Jake ...but related nonetheless. There are a number of us regulars who cringe waiting for the various waves of resolutions. This year, so far, (searching for wood to knock on) there have been very few new people in the gym. We were wondering last night if it is because the kids are still not in school. So, perhaps in my area, people are waiting for 'routine' before they commit to their own routine. However, I may have just jinxed myself cause tonite is Zumba... and it may be PACKED.

Just sharing... nothing more really to contribute.

Ok another thing....

I did a Kundalini yoga class last night. I have only ever done individual kundalini yoga moves in other classes, this was an entire class dedicated to it. Oh my stars what a hard class. Reminds me of Aikido yoga. Nothing easy about that. But we got to chant and I went to this class for two reasons:

1. The breath work is quite similar to some of the breathwork used in tantra and I wanted to push myself (why o why do I do that);
and
2. I wanted to chant. I did some improv vocalizations, but like what are you gonna do?? A fox can't play by ALL THE RULES!!

Next Wednesday gay yoga is back on. But I may do one Kundalini a month and the other three wednesdays stick to my gay yoga. I love that class. I get to be a smart ass. Shocking, I know, but I do that a streak of that in me. And yoga classes can be so serious. Until someone that is

Muriel Strode
foxyshaman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to foxyshaman For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2012, 07:05 PM   #2725
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvie View Post

Indeed Belle, it's difficult to break habits..
i pre-plan all my meals for next day the night before, (whether i am working or not) . i will cook it all up and pack it and then if i have the food with me, i am almost always successful at behaving, because i have the food there available for me.. Pack some extra fresh fruit that you can open and pick at, (grapes work best for me).. Because sometimes i want something extra or *different* from what i planned, and having something extra helps me not to get in the "well i could stop and pick something up* mindframe i seem to get stuck in..

You can do it! We're all so proud of you both!♥
GREAT ideas there Sweety!!!!! I'm gonna pack some snackies (healthy ones) to get through the day. Twelve hours driving around is gonna be rough when i pass those yummy caramel frappes at MickeyDs at every turn!!!!

TY for the encouragement and advice!!!!!

Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2012, 10:08 PM   #2726
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Congrats, sylvie and others!!!!

Keep me in your minds, ya'll. I won't get a day off until the 20th and that makes working out very difficult, as my days begin around 6:30am and I get home about 12 to 12.5 hours later. A very long day. Over and over again, except Sundays, which are....thankfully....half days.

I got my water intake up yesterday but have struggled today. Not enough water, not being able to spread my meals and snacks out evenly, and being very busy not only doing my job but training someone else to do it too have me on edge already and today was my first day back after a couple of days off.

Whoever's good at that witchy woo woo stuff....send something peaceful my way please. My day starts a little after 5am tomorrow and will be slam packed with the 3 p's. People, problems, and someone who is a palaver.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2012, 10:50 PM   #2727
starryeyes

How Do You Identify?:
a round peg in a square hole
Preferred Pronoun?:
Guess...
Relationship Status:
Seat taken

Thanked 10,057 Times in 2,078 Posts
starryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputation

I made yummy pizza tonight that I wanted to share with everyone.

1 piece of whole grain Mediterranean flat bread (trader joes) 3PP
1/4 cup of Prego Heart Healthy Chunky Vegetable Sauce 1PP
2 light string cheeses 3PP
Chopped vegetables of your choice, I used mushrooms. 0PP

Put it together however you like! I peeled the string cheese off in strips, put one layer on the bottom, added mushrooms and then added a layer on the top to hold the veggies. I broiled it for 7 minutes, and the cheese came out nice and crispy!

Some other variations you could use would be with a light english muffin, or sandwich thin. Same PP values.

7PP.. yay!

:-)

Starry
starryeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to starryeyes For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2012, 08:06 AM   #2728
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

I lost 3 pounds this week. Generally, I feel lucky to lose 1/2 pound as I lose much more slowly than this.

The lightbulb went off in my head. I had gotten away from eating more protein, which was how I lost 50 pounds in the 1st place and due to my need for increased fiber, was eating more carbs instead.

Protein keeps me full, not hungry and is better all the way around. I have learned more creative ways to include the needed fiber so that I can have the best of both worlds.

Happy Friday all and have a great, healthy weekend.

Hugs,

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2012, 09:27 AM   #2729
PinkieLee

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

PinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbelle View Post
You are ALL such wonderful motivators!!!!!!! Thanks again for this thread and the warm welcomes!!!

Tomorrow is a challenge for me. I work in homecare and am on the road Fri Sat and Sun. What i usually do for lunch is pull through a Sonic or Wendy's. Now, my plan is to pack a healthy lunch, something i can nibble on all day without feeling deprived. A sandwich on low fat wheat toast and cheeses, grapes, Special K bar....that sort of thing. Wish me luck!!! There are fast food places everywhere!!!!!

signed,

belle the shrinking woman
Belle, I feel your pain. I work a 2nd job a few days a week, so when I work 13 hours days I know just how you feel. What I normally do, is eat Subway. I'll get a footlong sandwich ~ eat 1/2 for lunch & the other 1/2 for dinner. I always keep apples, grapes & string cheese handy for my snacks.

Like you, I LOVE my iced coffee from McD. I switched to the sugar free iced vanilla coffee and honestly I can't taste the difference. For me, it's only 3 WW points, which is pretty much what any 100 calorie snack is. I save a few more calories if I do a small... but some days I want the medium
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to PinkieLee For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2012, 10:18 AM   #2730
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:

foxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyshaman View Post
Unrelated to your issue Jake ...but related nonetheless. There are a number of us regulars who cringe waiting for the various waves of resolutions. This year, so far, (searching for wood to knock on) there have been very few new people in the gym. We were wondering last night if it is because the kids are still not in school. So, perhaps in my area, people are waiting for 'routine' before they commit to their own routine. However, I may have just jinxed myself cause tonite is Zumba... and it may be PACKED.

So then, as I am inclined to do, I further dug into this thought. As I stood in my zumba class waiting for it to start, I looked around at all of the new faces. As I was dancing (well sweating buckets may be a better way to say it) I started thinking about the regulars, each gym has them, and we change, regulars change over time too. Then I started to reflect on the fact that every class has new faces, all the time. It is the ever changing face of the gym. I expanded on that thought. The new year resolutioners, or close to swimwear season resolutioners, become a part of the face of the gym; the face of the gym just changes more noticeably. It may not be that everyone is brand new, rather they are a more noticable change in the face of the gym.

So, Jake, thanks for posing the question you did. I took it further than intended, however it did open my mind. And it changed how I saw things. I love it when my held views are questioned and reformed.

Just sharin'

Muriel Strode
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to foxyshaman For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2012, 10:23 AM   #2731
PinkieLee

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
I lost 3 pounds this week. Generally, I feel lucky to lose 1/2 pound as I lose much more slowly than this.

The lightbulb went off in my head. I had gotten away from eating more protein, which was how I lost 50 pounds in the 1st place and due to my need for increased fiber, was eating more carbs instead.

Protein keeps me full, not hungry and is better all the way around. I have learned more creative ways to include the needed fiber so that I can have the best of both worlds.

Happy Friday all and have a great, healthy weekend.

Hugs,
3 pounds..... ANYA that is GREAT! What a great way to kick your weekend off to a great start! Congratulations! Whatever you are doing is working ~ good for you!!!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PinkieLee For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2012, 10:35 AM   #2732
starryeyes

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Guess...
Relationship Status:
Seat taken

starryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputation

It's been day 5 for me. I didn't workout yesterday, but I did a lot of house cleaning so that had to count for something. I don't see the scale changing, but I feel less bloated and I am wearing my tight jeans comfortably!

Today, another day on track! I am not sure if I will have time to get my hour walk in today, ugh, but at least I am going dancing on Saturday!

Have a good Friday, all!!

Hugs!

Starry
Old 01-06-2012, 10:37 AM   #2733
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

Back to work and back to losing lbs..
Drinking more water and UN sweet tea.
I have to say I drink more black coffee than anything.

I need a back and shoulder massage. any ideas how to stop shoulder pain? I've been exercising my arms, moving them around, stretching. Used icy hot the past 2 days per my Co workers advice. That helps the pain for sure. Went to a chiropractor in the past, not sure if it helped or not.

Challenge?
3 words that describe your journey to a healthy you this year. Mine would be Determination, Commitment, Focus

Happy weekend everybody! Ill enjoy my day off tomorrow.
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ruffryder For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2012, 11:02 AM   #2734
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Thanked 7,501 Times in 1,850 Posts
sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

Hi Healthies!

Today, i worked the morning shift, and then my friend picked me up and went went to the Gym to try out a workout class.. We did one called Newbody.. Cardio program geared for lower body and upper body using weight.. FUN..
i'm more co-ordinated than i thought LOL.. We worked out on the exercise bikes for awhile until class was starting.. What a great workout though - she's a runner and has to do a training program of walking/jogging/weights etc until her marathon and asked me to be her workout buddy, will help keep me accountable on going to the Gym (which ive procrastinated now for about 3-4 months) .. i made a deal with myself, however, that if our workout relationship fades off, i will still keep up with going to the Gym.. i'm aiming for twice a week but 3 times a week would be even better..

So far, i went yesterday & today.. yay! Now i'm home, eating a salad for lunch, some fruit too (grapes) and going to do some things i need to, before going back to work at 4..

~~~~~~
Angel, my 3 words i've been pondering since i read it on DC the other day..i wasn't sure then.. Now i will say Strength, Determination, Tools ..

my facebook weight loss page:
http://www.facebook.com/asyllyjourney
sylvie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2012, 11:04 AM   #2735
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffryder View Post

Challenge?
3 words that describe your journey to a healthy you this year.
Love this ruff....thank you!

Mine would be Move, De-Stress, and Enjoy.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:15 AM   #2736
starryeyes

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Guess...
Relationship Status:
Seat taken

My challenge words: Determined, Sexy and Hot!

Starry
Old 01-06-2012, 11:22 AM   #2737
PinkieLee

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

GREAT challenge idea Ruff!

My would be.... Motivated, Inspired & Determined!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to PinkieLee For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2012, 11:36 AM   #2738
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Great success, peeps! Love reading about everyone's success - very motivating!

Challenge? 3 words that describe your journey to a healthy you this year.

Insular - Even though I often share my process here and look for input, this feels like a very insular process to me. It's a "getting back to the marrow" feeling where it's just me and my body.

Steady - I'll take a baseline of medium!

Energetic! - I believe I believe I believe!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2012, 12:01 PM   #2739
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffryder View Post

I need a back and shoulder massage. any ideas how to stop shoulder pain? I've been exercising my arms, moving them around, stretching. Used icy hot the past 2 days per my Co workers advice. That helps the pain for sure. Went to a chiropractor in the past, not sure if it helped or not.

Challenge?
3 words that describe your journey to a healthy you this year. Mine would be Determination, Commitment, Focus
Ruff,

Regarding shoulder pain, not know specifically where you hurt. However, stretching your arms while standing in a doorway really helps to loosen them. Lean forward while your hands are above your head in the doorway. The other thing I do is use a tennis ball, sit against a wall, or on your couch, place the ball where-ever in your shoulder you hurt, and move the ball around the knot. It hurts, but does work. The other exercise I find useful is using resistance bands. Place your hands behind your back, holding both ends of the band, and try to lift your hands up and over your head. Stop where you feel the most discomfort and hang out there for awhile. If you have someone in your life who can help you with the next one... lay face down on a hard surface. Let someone put their fingers on the biggest part of the knot. They have to press HARD. You raise your arm out to the side and do small circles five times....slowly. Next, hands still on the knot, put your arm out like you are flying superman, lift your arm up and down...slowly, five times. It will help to release the knots. Chiropractors do help, but like any other healer, you have to find a good one. I use my pendulum to find healers. That has never failed me.

This may not fit into your lifestyle, but if you can take a rejuvination or restorative yoga class they are designed to slowly work the knots out of your back and shoulders (and hips) using slow moves and props. Also taking a yin yoga class may also be of assistance. Yoga is not for everyone, so I only mention this as an aside.

My three words:

Healing - my weight is a result of internal struggles, the food is the symptom for me

Understanding my internal process and making use my of shortcomings; learning how to identify the "immediate gratification voice" and how to quiet the voice so Reason may step in and be back in control

Compassion - loving myself enough to see this through till the end, derailing accepted and not self criticized (saboteur will not win)

Muriel Strode

Last edited by foxyshaman; 01-06-2012 at 12:04 PM.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to foxyshaman For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2012, 01:06 PM   #2740
-Red-Flag-

How Do You Identify?:
.Butch.

Thanked 3,609 Times in 929 Posts
-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation

Hi from the newb !
First off I'd like to thank someone for being my rock and support and being so understanding and encouraging... Yeah Punkin aka Starryeyes, I'm talking about you.

So here I am, I've started weight watchers .. And I'm determined to get there and reach my goal...

So heres to the future !!

Thank you again punkin I <3 you.
-Red-Flag- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to -Red-Flag- For This Useful Post: