Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

Old 12-01-2012, 12:43 PM   #41
DMW

How Do You Identify?:
FTM/Male (Will 14)
Relationship Status:
Caught An Angel and she doesn't lie!

Thanked 1,861 Times in 614 Posts
DMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST Reputation

I wish that ***** didn't get It. I wish that I could fix it. I wish that I could take it away from him and have it for myself instead.

Thank God for early testing, Elizabeth Taylor and all like her, and the new medications and research.
FYI double condoms cause friction and tear...best to use just one...I believe.
DMW is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DMW For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2012, 12:52 PM   #42
Sun

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,551 Times in 1,456 Posts
Sun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST Reputation

Today I am remembering my best friend Ross who was determined to beat the virus and instead was killed by a hit and run driver. He died at age 31. Ross was so full of joy and life that he was a magnet for happy people. His life was short but incredibly profound. I still see him on the beach at sunrise, doing yoga and dancing around his house to "Abba" flaming out in all of his fabulous gayness.

His mantra was "Honor Yourself". Whenever I reject negativity, I hear those words. "Honor Yourself". A constant reminder of how we live on in spirit even after the body is gone.

“Lovers don't finally meet somewhere. They're in each other all along.”
― Rumi

Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sun For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2012, 12:54 PM   #43
Metro

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,916 Times in 733 Posts
Metro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST Reputation

Thinking of and missing so many wonderful people, including family, on this day.
Metro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Metro For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2012, 02:37 PM   #44
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

as I say every year and write on every signature panel at every AIDS Memorial Quilt display that I attend

well girls and boys.... here we are again

I want all my friends back

Joey, my sonny boy.......my child..........I miss you terribly

remember their names
I will not assimilate

Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2012, 03:37 PM   #45
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Today i remember David. He was just 24, he had been in and out of the hospital so many, many times back then and was often my patient. His family had blamed his being gay to getting AIDs and totally denied any visitation from his partner Andy. I would say a "procedure" was being done and usher the family out and then sneak Andy in. Never got caught. I was lucky.

David kept deteriorating and in the end did not know even who Andy was. Back then, AIDs patients did not get near the care they should have. Even a lot of doctors were afraid of them. He was suffering and IV lines were not working. He had needed a Central line but his Doc told me "No, he's dying". OK, so, he's dying and doesn't deserve pain relief? Since he is dying we let him suffer? No, i don't think so. Off to the ethics committee we went and in the end, David got his central line and his pain relief.

He died two days later. His family, by then, had turned their backs. Andy was very poor and sick as well. David was buried in a paupers grave down town that is run by the city.

His image haunts me to this day. It is one of a lot of patients back then. Confused, scared, dying and people, even medical people, turning their backs on them.

I miss you David, i really do. We've come a long way and today you may have lived. You brought beauty into my life and a joy from knowing you that will linger for my forever.

I pray there are no more Davids out there. I pray no one turns their backs. I pray this disease goes the f away and never ever harms another soul.

Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2012, 04:45 PM   #46
Sun

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,551 Times in 1,456 Posts
Sun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST Reputation

I am lighting a candle for:

Kevin - my client and friend who left much too soon. Kevin was in Seminary and on his way to becoming an amazing minister.

Elizabeth - my cousin. A mother of beautiful children who miss her so much.

Billy - My friend and the guy who painted the kitchen at the AIDS Support group in Provincetown, leaving white footprints on the floor as he left. He died a week later and it seemed that an Angel had walked through the kitchen.

Joanne - My feisty client fighter who never gave up and said my favorite words "how can I help?"

David - My friend and amazing poet who invaded my mind with lyrical prophetic words. When he was dying I made him guacamole "just like home".

Rob - The beautiful young neighbor who loved oatmeal raisin cookies. 28 years old. Gone too soon.

“Lovers don't finally meet somewhere. They're in each other all along.”
― Rumi

Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sun For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2012, 11:51 PM   #47
pinkgeek

How Do You Identify?:
that grrl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, grrl, piranha, monkey
Relationship Status:
captured....

Thanked 1,456 Times in 311 Posts
pinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputation
Default Today We Remember..

From my Facebook page:

Today is World AIDS Day. We remember those we lost, pray for those living with HIV, and we honor those who fight to get us to zero new infections, zero AIDS related deaths and zero stigma. Talk about HIV the way you would talk about anything else. Support decriminalization and don't ever be the person who stands idle when you hear lies or disinformation about HIV. The fight still rages on with the CDC now reporting that young people ages 13 to 24 account for 26 percent of all new HIV infections in America. 1000 young people are infected with HIV every month in America. Get tested, know your status.

There is a cult of shame and "let's not talk about this ever" around any behavior that puts a person at risk for HIV or STI's - the reality is life happens. If you think I've never had a risky sexual encounter because I study health science and work for an HIV/AIDS foundation you are wrong. I'm human, I've been young and dumb, even though I was educated at an early age. Every day is a chance to reduce risky behaviors and no matter how stupid I felt after doing something risky I got tested. There is no shame and no blame in getting tested. If you aren't willing to ask your regular provider look here for a place to get tested. http://hivtest.cdc.gov/

"I‘m heir to madness. Vessel of perversion. Your nightmare should you cross me."

((Want to read about my life in Hawaii and my ongoing war against the roosters and my pony size dog and my wedding?)) http://www.alohafemme.wordpress.com/
pinkgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pinkgeek For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2012, 12:02 AM   #48
pinkgeek

How Do You Identify?:
that grrl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, grrl, piranha, monkey
Relationship Status:
captured....

Thanked 1,456 Times in 311 Posts
pinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputation

PS - if you ever wanted an excuse to exclusively buy MAC Cosmetics - they have given over 200 million dollars to AIDS charities. No other cosmetics company can say that.

"I‘m heir to madness. Vessel of perversion. Your nightmare should you cross me."

((Want to read about my life in Hawaii and my ongoing war against the roosters and my pony size dog and my wedding?)) http://www.alohafemme.wordpress.com/
pinkgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pinkgeek For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2012, 11:39 AM   #49
DMW

How Do You Identify?:
FTM/Male (Will 14)
Relationship Status:
Caught An Angel and she doesn't lie!

Thanked 1,861 Times in 614 Posts
DMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST Reputation

I posted quickly yesterday because i was at work.
After my post...i went on to think of all of those who went before those who are afflicted with this disease now. They fought the disease and all of the obstacles that went along with it. They did not fight in vain and their sacrifices are saving people and helping people survive and live decent lives.

I honor those who went before and give them my gratitude.

I honor the bravery and the compassion of the healthcare workers, the medical professionals, and all of those that did not (and do not) turn their backs on those afflicted, with the disease, in their time of need.
DMW is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DMW For This Useful Post: