Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 01-19-2010, 09:42 AM   #1
Words

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme submissive
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 4,261 Times in 677 Posts
Words Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST Reputation
Default Today, I got rid of...yay!

Okay, so call me the Billy Graham of purging, but I'm an avid believer in the idea that when it comes to possessions, less is best - less things to clean, less things to tidy, less things to fix, less things to have to worry about.

So, I'm starting this thread for the sole purpose of encouraging others to get rid of their 'shit.' Donate it, give it away, sell it, or stick it in the trash, I don't care what it is, if you don't need/use/or even like it, it's time to let it go.

I'll start. Today I got rid of...

1. A bunch of non-recyclable carrier bags that were taking up way too much room on my kitchen door. (-> Charity shop/thrift store.) My kitchen door thanks me.

2. Half a dozen chocolate/biscuit containers left over from Christmas. (-> The center my daugher attends for baking class.) So okay, they're good for storing cakes and biscuits - but all of us are trying to lose weight so why waste valuable space by keeping them? (My kitchen cabinets thank me.)

3. A pile of old newspapers/newspaper souvenirs from 1900 through 1940 or so. I bought them at an auction ages ago because they were extremely cheap. Out of all of them, however, there were only two that I really wanted so the rest I'm sending to our antiques/collectables unit. (The floor underneath my desk thanks me.)

So, what are you getting rid of today in the hope of de-cluttering your life? (And if you're not getting rid of it but don't need it/use it/like it...why?) Inquisitive minds want to know...

Words
Words is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Words For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2010, 10:08 AM   #2
MsMerrick

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Feminist Femme....
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single and Singular....

MsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST Reputation

Lets see, today..I'll remember to take the pile of plastic, to the store that has a container to collect them and recycle them.
I could be getting rid of many more thinsg, and have to work at it. Will drop back and maybe share : 0
MsMerrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 10:28 AM   #3
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

Thanked 6,231 Times in 1,462 Posts
always2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputation

First...a shout out. Words darlin...thank you for starting this thread!

I told myself that this new year would be a year of minimization. Out with the old, the cluttered, the things I don't need. And now I have a thread to keep me on track. YAY! lol

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there ~ Rumi
always2late is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 01:01 PM   #4
Words

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme submissive
Relationship Status:
Married

Words Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by always2late View Post
First...a shout out. Words darlin...thank you for starting this thread!

I told myself that this new year would be a year of minimization. Out with the old, the cluttered, the things I don't need. And now I have a thread to keep me on track. YAY! lol
You're more than welcome

So...what's going first?
Old 01-19-2010, 01:04 PM   #5
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

Thanked 6,231 Times in 1,462 Posts
always2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputation

Recycling the pile of old magazines that I have been keeping forever....saving for a recipe, or an article, etc... Time for them to go!

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there ~ Rumi
always2late is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 01:24 PM   #6
Rufusboi

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Partnered

Rufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST Reputation

Lots of paperbacks that are cluttering up books shelves. We are going through all our books over the next two weeks to see what to keep and what to get rid of. Some will go in a yard sale this spring (along with a pile of other stuff) and the rest will end up at Goodwill. Neither one of us like to accumulate stuff and we are not hoarders but we still find stuff to get rid of every year or so. This stuff just grows.

Rufus
Rufusboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:58 PM   #7
Words

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme submissive
Relationship Status:
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by always2late View Post
Recycling the pile of old magazines that I have been keeping forever....saving for a recipe, or an article, etc... Time for them to go!
Oops..I missed this one...

See my last post always.

Good luck!
Old 08-07-2010, 08:59 PM   #8
chefhottie25

How Do You Identify?:
boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
hy
Relationship Status:
happily taken

chefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputation

it was actually 2 days ago...but i went through my closet and dresser and got rid of clothes i don't wear anymore. now i have room for new ones.
chefhottie25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 06:32 AM   #9
femmedyke

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her

femmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputation

Yesterday... I got rid of. . .

an old computer chair, an old table, tons of clothes and shoes, a vase and some some 'roots' that were in said vase.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:39 AM   #10
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I cleaned out the fridge and freezer.

I was initially terrified but am glad to announce it's reasonable now.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2010, 09:43 AM   #11
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,619 Times in 3,976 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I have been purging my house of all that should not be here. I have had clothes removed, books, garden items I will never use again, furniture, etc. But...lol...I have also brought inthings I need...clothes, books, garden items, furniture....
The Following User Says Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2010, 02:36 PM   #12
Greyson
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transmasculine/Non-Binary
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy (Pronounced He)
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,165 Times in 2,007 Posts
Greyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST Reputation

Hey Words, I have never seen this thread until today. Last year I sold my place where I had been living for the past 17 years. I had a major purging of "things." I am still going through some things and getting ready to do another paring down in the Spring of 2011.

The hardest thing to part with are my books. I am trying to use a library more often and less of purchasing books. Now, if I could purge the few extra pounds.
The Following User Says Thank You to Greyson For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2010, 09:23 PM   #13
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,545 Times in 4,142 Posts
JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation
Default tossed

These bottles filled with oil and various things like olives etc that once decorated my kitchen.
Old 11-30-2010, 08:31 PM   #14
HoneyedChrysanthemum

Exclamation Re: some more fears

today i discarded some more old emotional baggage from my past. these were primarily fears of what ANYONE would think of what i did, am doing, or am going to do. i am going to do what is healthy for my self, now and in the future. i am not going to let myself get caught up in any more abusive or co-dependent relationships, whether they be those of family, partnerships, or friendships. now, as soon as i see one developing, i wil politely but firmly extricate myself from whatever relationship it is. i am almost 50 and want to spend the latter half of my life as healthily as possible. as my signature says...
pres
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2010, 08:40 PM   #15
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:
counting freckles slowly under Her direction!!!

Thanked 12,559 Times in 2,993 Posts
weatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputation

today i got rid of a roomate!!!
yayyyyy for me!!!
Ms is gonna help me cleanse the house tommorrow and then it is color picking time!!!
weatherboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to weatherboi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2010, 10:09 PM   #16
little_ms_sunshyne

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 12,242 Times in 2,540 Posts
little_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputation

The numbers I don't need
little_ms_sunshyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 11:17 PM   #17
femmennoir

How Do You Identify?:
femme, naturellement
Preferred Pronoun?:
Elle
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,223 Times in 478 Posts
femmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputation

More magazines are finding homes: all my old Health magazines are wanted by the health teacher at my school! In the process of looking through my magazine piles, found enough catalogs to fill two large bags! Those went into the recycling bin!
It feels great!
Elle*
And your heart, as it was then, will be on fire.

Anna Akhmatova "White nights"
femmennoir is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to femmennoir For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2010, 10:20 PM   #18
pajama

How Do You Identify?:
Klingon
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 7,480 Times in 1,809 Posts
pajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputation
Default Today I got rid of....

The Boy....for a week anyway. Just wish I had someone here to enjoy this big ole empty house with.
pajama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pajama For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2010, 10:22 PM   #19
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
I usually just poke it with a stick.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Thanked 21,385 Times in 4,808 Posts
dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajara2 View Post
The Boy....for a week anyway. Just wish I had someone here to enjoy this big ole empty house with.
Just gimme a couple more days...ok, well 3 (I think...what's today?) lol
dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dixie For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2010, 10:25 PM   #20
pajama

How Do You Identify?:
Klingon
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 7,480 Times in 1,809 Posts
pajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixielady View Post
Just gimme a couple more days...ok, well 3 (I think...what's today?) lol
TWO! Wed and Thurs, then you're here Friday!!!!!! Please stay warm, please stay warm, please stay warm. fingers xxxxx
pajama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pajama For This Useful Post: