Old 04-04-2010, 09:39 PM   #21
I'mOneToo

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
left of right
Relationship Status:
right of left

I'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST Reputation

more corruption in this town than you can shake a stick at. DA so far away and inaccessible, he might as well be on the moon. there is law, and then there is unenforceable/unwillinglawenforcement-people... everybody's got i-dont-give-a-shit-itis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
Does your town have a DA? If so take it to them. It is after all Law.
I'mOneToo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to I'mOneToo For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2010, 09:42 PM   #22
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'mOneToo View Post
more corruption in this town than you can shake a stick at. DA so far away and inaccessible, he might as well be on the moon. there is law, and then there is unenforceable/unwillinglawenforcement-people... everybody's got i-dont-give-a-shit-itis.
Ah, then go higher to your states AG. And if you get no response from them try the ACLU.

eta: It's Federal Law folks, don't let anyone from your state blow you off. These are our rights, find the # to the Federal AG and don't stop til you get things fixed.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)

Last edited by Corkey; 04-04-2010 at 10:01 PM.
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2010, 10:09 PM   #23
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/24/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Thanked 7,109 Times in 2,327 Posts
SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Does it bother anyone else to read the word "fucktard" on our forums?
SuperFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SuperFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2010, 10:21 PM   #24
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFemme View Post

As for me no, but then I don't associate those having a mental incapacity with the work fuck, nor tard. To me the word is appropriate for asshats of the fucker persuasion.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2010, 10:37 PM   #25
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Thanked 6,909 Times in 1,862 Posts
Liam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I wince, every time I see it.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2010, 10:53 PM   #26
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:

I absolutely cannot STAND it. It is repulsive to me.

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2010, 11:00 PM   #27
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

I don't know if I qualify as differently-abled by conventional standards but I am certainly Bipolar and have mobility issues, so here I am.

One thing I have wondered about is where the ADA stands on "reasonable" accommodation. I have wondered lately if requiring larger seating on airplanes, in movie theaters, etc. will eventually become part of the ADA if being obese is eventually deemed a "disability". And also wondering where the line of responsibility begins and ends?

Im particularly thinking about wheelchair ramp requirements, etc. and how that might eventually translate to online stuff.

One example of this: Someone sent me an email on the Admin email for the site and wanted to know when/if we planned to install voice-to-text software for this site because that person had carpal tunnel syndrome and was unable to type.
At this point, it would have to happen on their end but it got me to wondering about who would (should?) be ultimately responsible for accessibility. Im thinking about the article that Adele posted about the guy who was sending letters out to the non-ADA-compliant businesses and how it might work if we received a letter stating we HAD to install the voice-to-text software for sight-impaired folks or folks who couldnt type on this site. What if that software cost $5000?

It would essentially put us out of business.

I get that access shouldnt be about money, but I do understand the fears of small business owners who simply cant afford to do upgrades without jeopardizing their businesses. It makes me wonder if there are government programs out there to help out with these costs.

I'll have to do a little research because, granted, I havent encountered this issue in an online capacity but it is sure to migrate this way at some point. Good posts here!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2010, 11:00 PM   #28
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

Thanked 12,951 Times in 3,466 Posts
Spirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I've no use for that word, and it gripes me everytime I see it.
Spirit Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spirit Dancer For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2010, 11:02 PM   #29
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Quote:
And no, not a fan of that at all.
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2010, 12:35 AM   #30
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

There is a good voice translation software program (Dragon) that people can install on their computers that have problems with such physical issues. I talk, it writes.... I use it myself as there are times when I just can't type that much when I have a lot of pain going on. It isn't cheap (about $400), but has been a terrific thing in my life! I actually did purchase it while still practicing and was able to include it on my taxes as a deduction.

Because these kinds of programs exist, I am certain that the reasonable accommodation clause of the ADA would not kick in here. also, the site is not publicly owned or operated.

Yup, disability applies to physical, mental/emotional, invisible, neurological, even floating impairment or challenge, or differently-abled and a whole lot of states of being! One more reason the world needs to be more aware of access and accommodation issues! You qualify, Dusa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
I don't know if I qualify as differently-abled by conventional standards but I am certainly Bipolar and have mobility issues, so here I am.

One thing I have wondered about is where the ADA stands on "reasonable" accommodation. I have wondered lately if requiring larger seating on airplanes, in movie theaters, etc. will eventually become part of the ADA if being obese is eventually deemed a "disability". And also wondering where the line of responsibility begins and ends?

Im particularly thinking about wheelchair ramp requirements, etc. and how that might eventually translate to online stuff.

One example of this: Someone sent me an email on the Admin email for the site and wanted to know when/if we planned to install voice-to-text software for this site because that person had carpal tunnel syndrome and was unable to type.
At this point, it would have to happen on their end but it got me to wondering about who would (should?) be ultimately responsible for accessibility. Im thinking about the article that Adele posted about the guy who was sending letters out to the non-ADA-compliant businesses and how it might work if we received a letter stating we HAD to install the voice-to-text software for sight-impaired folks or folks who couldnt type on this site. What if that software cost $5000?

It would essentially put us out of business.

I get that access shouldnt be about money, but I do understand the fears of small business owners who simply cant afford to do upgrades without jeopardizing their businesses. It makes me wonder if there are government programs out there to help out with these costs.

I'll have to do a little research because, granted, I havent encountered this issue in an online capacity but it is sure to migrate this way at some point. Good posts here!
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2010, 06:59 AM   #31
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Question

The one thing that really bothers me...and really gets me...is when someone talks down to me. I am not stupid. I process language differently. And I don't need to hold your hand to cross the street, be introduced to strangers, or be given a plate of food when at a bbq, potluck, or whatever. I have my dignity & self-respect. I want that. And as I am aging I am observing that it is going right back to ground zero. The harder I push, the harder society is at stairring, pointing, and belittling. Does anyone else notice this?

Also, fighting the ADA, EEOC, and for other Fed. Gov't rights it's expensive and usually a waste of time. The employer wins out a majority of the time. The employee lacks the money, time, access to legal advice, and so on. Words are just words until you put meaning behind them. I think of the ADA, and the EEOC as just that - a waste of taxpayer money. Very, very few people win out over employers due to money, time, and access to legal advice. It is the laws of nature. Those who thrive - survive, imho.
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2010, 07:47 AM   #32
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/24/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Thanked 7,109 Times in 2,327 Posts
SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Software for people with different abilities. For Dusa'.

http://www.e-bility.com/links/software.php
SuperFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SuperFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2010, 09:31 AM   #33
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Thanked 6,909 Times in 1,862 Posts
Liam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST Reputation

FYI, I believe speak and write software has been part of the Apple operating system for about 20 years.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2010, 09:46 AM   #34
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,864 Times in 2,473 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Okay....on the subject of access and discrimination, here's one I'll throw out there.

As many of you know, I work at a federal facility that's on a military base. It's a hospital, and one that is shared between the Air Force (which also has its outpatient clinics located inside the facility) and the VA, which I work for. Parking is always a crunch, and there are 5 parking lots that surround the hospital. There is an "Employee Only" lot that is significantly further from the building, and my office, than another couple of lots, which are designated for visitors. Both have ADA parking spaces, though not enough, of course. Recently, the facilities management department stationed personnel out in the visitor lots in the morning, for the purpose of redirecting staff members to move their cars to the employee lot. While this would normally be fine, I have a problem with it. I have ADA parking plates that say I can park in any ADA designated parking place. I CHOOSE to park my truck in the lot, which just so happens to be a "visitor" lot because it is closer to my office. I have 2 (totally) titanium knees and, although I do walk a lot with my job, by the time I get off of a 12 hour shift, I'm fighting pain. Parking in the employee lot would mean that I'd have to walk across the hospital and then out to a back parking lot, which does have ADA parking spaces, but it's significantly farther for me to have to walk. That's why I park in the visitor lot ADA spaces.

One of these facility management guys stood and argued with me one morning, even after I explained why I needed to park where I do. Oh, and there is a lady I know who works in the hospital IT office. She rides an electric scooter and has an O2 tank. They badgered her, too, about how she needed to park in the employee lot. There's only about 6 ADA spaces in that employee lot and lots of times, I see visitors taking those spaces because they are more convenient to the Air Force outpatient clinics. Why, WHY do they hassle folks?? Why not just let differently abled folks just park where they need to park (in legally designated ADA parking places), as long as we have ADA plates/placards?? I may look like I can walk okay, but no one can judge how much pain I'm in when I do it. It just pisses me the hell off when someone looks at me and says, "Well, you look okay. It's looks like you can <insert activity here>."

Jeesh.....your tax dollars hard at work, folks!!!

~Theo~ .....who is counting down the last 5 years until retirement!!!
Old 04-05-2010, 09:55 AM   #35
robbrt

How Do You Identify?:
huckleberry/white patsy
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her/mx
Relationship Status:
tectonically shifted road warrior

robbrt Has the BEST Reputationrobbrt Has the BEST Reputationrobbrt Has the BEST Reputationrobbrt Has the BEST Reputationrobbrt Has the BEST Reputationrobbrt Has the BEST Reputationrobbrt Has the BEST Reputationrobbrt Has the BEST Reputationrobbrt Has the BEST Reputationrobbrt Has the BEST Reputationrobbrt Has the BEST Reputation
Default info

Some states have a department such as Indiana's, in which their lawyers will fight for your right to have accessibility, etc, as to the ADA specifications. This is who certified me as a QMRP-D. They offer tons of information. Searching your state's website should procure the information needed and if your state participates in such a program. I bet if you contact Karen at IPAS should could even help you or direct you in the right direction for your state.

Indiana--IPAS

http://www.in.gov/ipas/
Old 04-05-2010, 01:55 PM   #36
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'mOneToo View Post
I would really like to know how to take action with the ADA and get results. I have their numbers and an address in... hmm where is it, somewhere in federal offices... have not mailed any letters because: after talking to the people on the ADA line they suggest speaking to management. So what should I do?

At the same store a couple of years ago, I raised another issue and it was righted immediately, AND a $50 store gift certificate given to me for bringing it to their attention. THAT'S a manager who knows how to avoid a lawsuit. Now it's a new manager and he leans heavily on the "corporate excuse". Just waiting to get sued I guess.
I would like to find away to get some response form anyone who can find out what to do about a situation I had at a job I had about a year ago.They hired me knowing about the back injury.when I went back for and second interviue the person I was talking to said that he was hireing me but the consensus of the owners and management I couldnt handle the job.I took the job any way and didnt miss a day and did my job fully.Then I went in for orentation and they stalled on me in the group meeting and kept me on hold all day even tho I was issued uniformes and equipment for the job,I was told to come in to work the next day cause they had to reviue a vid tape of me working to see what thry were going to do.I should have told them to kiss my fat a-- but I didnt I showed up ofr work and then was told I was fired cause someone who was anothe pref person said I couldnt handle the work..not the boss or amnagement but someone who had way less experence in this kind of work.I reported this to mt rehab super but he said ..well I cant do anything about it so get over it.What happened to reprensation?
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2010, 02:00 PM   #37
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoddz View Post
Okay....on the subject of access and discrimination, here's one I'll throw out there.

As many of you know, I work at a federal facility that's on a military base. It's a hospital, and one that is shared between the Air Force (which also has its outpatient clinics located inside the facility) and the VA, which I work for. Parking is always a crunch, and there are 5 parking lots that surround the hospital. There is an "Employee Only" lot that is significantly further from the building, and my office, than another couple of lots, which are designated for visitors. Both have ADA parking spaces, though not enough, of course. Recently, the facilities management department stationed personnel out in the visitor lots in the morning, for the purpose of redirecting staff members to move their cars to the employee lot. While this would normally be fine, I have a problem with it. I have ADA parking plates that say I can park in any ADA designated parking place. I CHOOSE to park my truck in the lot, which just so happens to be a "visitor" lot because it is closer to my office. I have 2 (totally) titanium knees and, although I do walk a lot with my job, by the time I get off of a 12 hour shift, I'm fighting pain. Parking in the employee lot would mean that I'd have to walk across the hospital and then out to a back parking lot, which does have ADA parking spaces, but it's significantly farther for me to have to walk. That's why I park in the visitor lot ADA spaces.

One of these facility management guys stood and argued with me one morning, even after I explained why I needed to park where I do. Oh, and there is a lady I know who works in the hospital IT office. She rides an electric scooter and has an O2 tank. They badgered her, too, about how she needed to park in the employee lot. There's only about 6 ADA spaces in that employee lot and lots of times, I see visitors taking those spaces because they are more convenient to the Air Force outpatient clinics. Why, WHY do they hassle folks?? Why not just let differently abled folks just park where they need to park (in legally designated ADA parking places), as long as we have ADA plates/placards?? I may look like I can walk okay, but no one can judge how much pain I'm in when I do it. It just pisses me the hell off when someone looks at me and says, "Well, you look okay. It's looks like you can <insert activity here>."

Jeesh.....your tax dollars hard at work, folks!!!

~Theo~ .....who is counting down the last 5 years until retirement!!!
[COLOR="Navy"]I get the you look OK thing quite often. Sometimes, if I am going to be at a place for a long period of time and know that I am going into a pain/inflammation cycle, I will park in a handicapped space with my placard. Sometimes, when iIfloating disability, as it floats from being conspicious to me looking completely able-bodied.

I have overheard statements to the effect that I look fine why do I have a handicapped placard....

When I know I am OK and most likely I am not going to have problems, I don't use my placard and park elsewhere. The reason is that at that particular time, I might be taking a space that someone else needs more than me. I also try not to use the van acessible spaces at all. I don't need those and have certainlt seen other people that do struggling with getting their chairs out of their vans in regilar handicapped spaces. There arn't enough handicapped spaces overall.

LOL... I took action into my own hands when for about the 5th time, the same car with the same able-bodied teens (no placard/plates) was in a space outside of a local store I go to. I was in pain and had it!

I parked my truck behind their car, blocking them. I called the police on my cell, went and did what I was going to do and then just waited for the cops to arrive, then filled out the complaint. They got a ticket for $285 and now in CA that has gone up. Pissed they were... but I have never had this problem again at that business. I have walked up to people getting out of cars in handicapped spaces not showing a placard or decal on the plates and asked them if they have a placard. They move, if they don't and thank me if they just happened to forget to put their placard on the dash/window.

Oh, and I remember having people make comments about how I was too young to have arthritis...Tell that to all of the kids with various forms of childhood arthritis, including RA./COLOR]

Last edited by AtLast; 04-05-2010 at 02:06 PM. Reason: stuff
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2010, 02:03 PM   #38
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Unfortunately, employers can and do fire for no cause. If you live in a state that has this very unfair right to work law one is basically screwed. It means that employers can fire someone for cause, what that cause is, is up for interpretation.

Last edited by Corkey; 04-05-2010 at 02:22 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2010, 02:07 PM   #39
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLastHome View Post
I get the you look OK thing quite often. Sometimes, if I am going to be at a place for a long period of time and know that I am going into a pain/inflammation cycle, I will park in a handicapped space with my placard. Sometimes, when iIfloating disability, as it floats from being conspicious to me looking completely able-bodied.

I have overheard statements to the effect that I look fine why do I have a handicapped placard....

When I know I am OK and most likely I am not going to have problems, I don't use my placard and park elsewhere. The reason is that at that particular time, I might be taking a space that someone else needs more than me. I also try not to use the van acessible spaces at all. I don't need those and have certainlt seen other people that do struggling with getting their chairs out of their vans in regilar handicapped spaces. There arn't enough handicapped spaces overall.

LOL... I nce took action into my own hands when for about the 5th time, the same car with the same able-bodied teens (no placard/plates) was in a space outside of a local store I go to. I was in pain and had it!

I parked my truck behind their car, blocking them. I called the police on my cell, went and did what I was going to do and then just waited for the cops to arrive, then filled out the complaint. They got a ticket for $285 and now in CA that has gone up. Pissed they were... but I have never had this problem again at that business. I have walked up to people getting out of cars in handicapped spaces not showing a placard or decal on the plates and asked them if they have a placard. They move, if they don't and thank me if they just happened to forget to put their placard on the dfash/window.

I always get the looks from the old folks, but as far as I know being old isn't a disability.
Old 04-05-2010, 06:48 PM   #40
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation
Default still trying...

Yep im still doing the best I can to find a job.Today I put out two resumes' and filled out one job app,one place didnt open till 4:00pm..its a local supper club thats been hear forever but the guard at the gate took my resume and said he would see they got it and to call to make shure, the other one is a place called the dinner station wich is a small operation that fixes meals to go.Who knows what will happen but I will keep on keeping on..One thing I did was when I went to the dinner station I spoke to the boss and owner and we had a talk about my disablities and what I could do and not do,she didnt bat an eye when she gave me the app and told me to return it and that she would read my resume'.some would say not to tell them but I feel honesty is the best police cause there isnt any hideing this for long.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post: