Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 06-13-2011, 01:02 PM   #181
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,944 Times in 584 Posts
iamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputation

This is a promise of things to get rid of rather than the accomplishesd deed.

Old non-working freezer sitting in garage for five years.
Kids foozball and air hockey games
Rickety old falling apart table.
Oh, and I forgot - all the stuff stored INSIDE the above mentioned freezer.
Smooches,
Keri
iamkeri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 01:48 PM   #182
Starrynightaw

How Do You Identify?:
Femme. Queer. Submissive.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Girl, Honey :)
Relationship Status:
Single!

Location: Southern Alabama, But I can also be found in surrounding areas. (Travel Alot)
Starrynightaw Has the BEST ReputationStarrynightaw Has the BEST ReputationStarrynightaw Has the BEST ReputationStarrynightaw Has the BEST ReputationStarrynightaw Has the BEST ReputationStarrynightaw Has the BEST ReputationStarrynightaw Has the BEST ReputationStarrynightaw Has the BEST ReputationStarrynightaw Has the BEST ReputationStarrynightaw Has the BEST ReputationStarrynightaw Has the BEST Reputation

Finally cleaned out my car. Poor thing... glitter and mellow yellow bottles galore.
Starrynightaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 09:33 PM   #183
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

iamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputation

This happened a couple of weeks ago and I forgot to post about it.

I did get rid of everything I listed above with the exception of the foosball game - which is currently on craigslist. I also sold a huge (and I mean HUGE) rabbit cage that had been sitting in my garage since my sweet little Rachel Rabbit died almost four years ago. Out went an old computer tower, two printers and a keyboard, a badly damaged table umbrella, and a bunch of other metally type stuff out of the garage that I can't think of right now. I put an ad in the "free" section of craigslist. Check this out. I had 30 - count them 30 - responses to the ad for the non-working freezer.

The best news is that the women who came to get it (and the rest of the stuff I listed) were dykes! It was fun. They called themselves "old farts." Since I am an old fart myself I could relate.

A good experience was had by all.

Give it away!!!!!!!!

Smooches,
Keri
The Following User Says Thank You to iamkeri1 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2011, 09:39 PM   #184
SelfMadeMan

How Do You Identify?:
Transsexual Man
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married to The Woman of My Dreams <3

Thanked 2,669 Times in 527 Posts
SelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST Reputation

Today I got rid of a HUGE heavy box 'o crap that was cluttering up our house and it felt SO GOOD! We're moving into an RV in 3.5 short years and we're purging a little as we go so that when that time rolls around we don't have excess junk to rid ourselves of. We're donating our book collection, and have already gotten rid of most music CDs - we both have iPhones so all our music went on those, and by the time we roll out of MN, we'll make sure to both have iPads to store books on. And no more knick knacks for us either!

...now if i could just force myself to purge my 40+ pairs of cargo shorts and dresser full 'o t-shirts
SelfMadeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SelfMadeMan For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2011, 09:59 PM   #185
Abigail Crabby

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Princess
Relationship Status:
Single, but sociable

Thanked 9,667 Times in 2,484 Posts
Abigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST Reputation

sheets and blankets that the kittehs' had a litteral pissing contest over.

I tried the vinegar to no avail.

I enjoyed buying new sheets etc. It was time and I deserved them

Tomorrow I'm going to clean out my closet and get things in a box for the next Femme swap.

Yes I am a planner - I already have Christmas planned and half paid for lol

Turns whatever happens to you into a positive...
Abigail Crabby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Abigail Crabby For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2011, 10:47 PM   #186
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

I cleaned out some dresser drawers of things that I have moved around for way to long,over the weekend my son installed the magicjack gizmo to my puter now I only pat $19.95 a year for phone service insted of $75.00 a month...more $$ for the reunion fund...I can call anywhere in th u.s.a. and canada,if im so inclied with out any ld charges..
Tomorrow im going to drag out a box from my closet floor,hopefuly I can dump or give to goodwill what I dont need...I have fuer boxed to clear but I still have boxes.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2011, 04:31 AM   #187
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

some guilt! Whew feels great!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2011, 10:32 PM   #188
ruby_woo

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her/she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,941 Times in 376 Posts
ruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputation

After months of being so busy at work I could hardly breathe, I finally got a chance to clean up my file cabinet and get rid of almost a foot tall stack of old papers that I dumped into the "to be shredded" bin. I can now find what I'm actually looking for at work without digging through piles of garbage.
ruby_woo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ruby_woo For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2011, 04:41 AM   #189
willow
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
sugar and spice
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 6,751 Times in 1,837 Posts
willow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputation

Out of date stuff: binned.

1. Last years brandy sauce. To make way for this years brandy sauce which will be thrown out next year.

2. Jar of dried stuff in a coffee jar that I forgot to label and couldn't work out what it was.

3. 2 jars of paste. I have no recollection of buying that stuff. WHY was it in there???

4. Bottle of HP sauce.

In date yucky stuff: donated.

1. A chicken and vegetable tin pie (with gravy). *gag* I'm certain whoever ends up with that in their Christmas hamper will be as thrilled as I was.

2. Jar of picalily

3. Jar of Kenco coffee

4. 2 bars of dark chocolate

5. tin of dried milk bought for emergencies. I'd milk a flea first. So why buy it?

In date multiples I'll never use before expiry: donated.

1. 2 boxes of tea bags

2. 1 bottle of tomato ketchup

3. box of shortbread

4. jar of pasta sauce

5. 2bags of pasta. I still have enough pasta in the house to feed a small country.

6. jar of sweet pickle

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs11/i/20...ockAvatars.gif

willow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 04:53 AM   #190
willow
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
sugar and spice
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 6,751 Times in 1,837 Posts
willow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputation

It may seem flippant to post about a cupboard clearout, but decluttering my environment is my way of cleansing the spirit and soul.

And, it lightens my heart.

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs11/i/20...ockAvatars.gif

willow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to willow For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2011, 10:26 PM   #191
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Sold that foosball table two days ago. Unfortunately it did not genreate good Karma. Sometime during the sales transaction or in the moments following when I sprang out of my garage to yell at a dude who was driving through my front yard to get to the industrial parking lot next door to me, my purse dropped off my scooter without me noticing it. Only a few minutes went by before I noticed it, but I never did find it. I figure it fell when I was in the yard yelling at the guy. Hey universe - wazzup? I didn't even swear at the guy (and to his credit he didn't swear at me either) Maybe he picked it up, maybe someone else did. So I parted with some things that day that I did not intend to. Drivers licence, credit cards health insurance card and other ID, pics of my kids when they were little. My UAW union card that I have always been proud to carry, a "Free Hug" coupon I have carried since 1981. Two two-dollar bills; one my dad gave my mom when they were first made in the seventies, and one my late hubby gave me in 1987. I always said that I was never broke as long as I had them. Lastly and sadly a picture of my hubby taken when he was nineteen (around the time we met) that there is no other copy of.
Parting with the foosball table felt good parting with the purse felt bad -very BAD

Smooches,
Keri
The Following User Says Thank You to iamkeri1 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2011, 10:04 PM   #192
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I got rid of a half dozen bags of clothes that have not fit me for over a year.

Little victories are good.

Every other month or so I should be able to do the same, I boxed things by size and dated them over the last year so there won't be any sorting.
Things will just "expire" when the date hits and off the boxes will go without even opening.

This time next year I will only have two sizes.

'Cause we all have our moments.

Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 10:13 PM   #193
femmennoir

How Do You Identify?:
femme, naturellement
Preferred Pronoun?:
Elle
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,223 Times in 478 Posts
femmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputation
Default Going organic!

A big bag of assorted things went to the Goodwill, including two pairs of brand new pants I got at a Barney's sale, but they were low waist and I never wore them.
Also, I am working through my stash of yarn, knitting baby things for a craft shop for the holidays (they asked me) and for my etsy site (opening anytime soon). So lots of stuff will be leaving my apartment! However, the yarn stash only got a small dent in it, because it is huge! How can anyone have so much yarn? A knitter, that's who!

Elle*
And your heart, as it was then, will be on fire.

Anna Akhmatova "White nights"
femmennoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 11:42 PM   #194
funkyfemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Gamey as Fuck
Relationship Status:
I move from person to person real quick.

Thanked 2,824 Times in 662 Posts
funkyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfunkyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfunkyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfunkyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfunkyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfunkyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfunkyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfunkyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfunkyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfunkyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfunkyfemme Has the BEST Reputation

today i got rid of feelings that needed to be dealt with. it feels pretty good dammit. i knew early on that it wouldn't go anywhere but played along anyway. wont make that mistake again. wasn't fair to me or hym. lesson learned.
funkyfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to funkyfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2011, 11:58 AM   #195
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:
spiritually minded dirt dog

Thanked 2,593 Times in 663 Posts
foxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputation

Another two huge garbage bags of clothes that do not fit.
Cleaned out my shelf of plastic containers... where do all those lids come from?
Cleaned out my fridge... not sure what was in that bag... nope not at all
Cleaned out my linen closet, got rid of sheets and pillow cases I am sick of
The one I am most proud of... I sorted through and dealth with every single piece of mail and "tend to later" mail... what a RELIEF... I can't even describe it.

Today, I am going to list a book case, never out of the box, on one of those sites... I thought I had room for it... nope did not.

Muriel Strode
foxyshaman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to foxyshaman For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2011, 12:05 PM   #196
Miss July

How Do You Identify?:
Bitchy, Self Sufficient, High Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mizz (Bitch)
Relationship Status:
Not LOOKING

Miss July Has the BEST ReputationMiss July Has the BEST ReputationMiss July Has the BEST ReputationMiss July Has the BEST ReputationMiss July Has the BEST ReputationMiss July Has the BEST ReputationMiss July Has the BEST ReputationMiss July Has the BEST ReputationMiss July Has the BEST ReputationMiss July Has the BEST ReputationMiss July Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up Today I got rid of ...........

5 pairs of sandals I never wear anymore
3 shirts that are much too big these days
A stack of old magazine (after I copied the recipes of interest)

I Am A Bitch, But I Ain't Yo Bitch

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u.../ny/ny1303.gif
Miss July is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miss July For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2012, 12:39 PM   #197
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:
spiritually minded dirt dog

Thanked 2,593 Times in 663 Posts
foxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputation

more clothes that no longer fit

an old game system - kids move, why don't they take everything?? Oh wait I didn't either...

10 lbs of beeswax, people just gave it to me, to make candles... I don't know why... they have NEVER seen me do crafts???

Books I bought that I will never ever read

Muriel Strode
foxyshaman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to foxyshaman For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2012, 05:16 PM   #198
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

When I was going through a lot of clothes, I would box them up by size and put a one year expiry date on them. If untouched for one year, they go.

Today 5 boxes 'expired' so off to donation they go.

By happy coincidence this might work out for others for the holidays, (wish I had actually planned that).

I intentionally did not open them, but I know there's good stuff in there.

The car isn't full, I think I'll look around for what else could be better used by others...
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2012, 06:13 PM   #199
Words

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme submissive
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 4,261 Times in 677 Posts
Words Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST Reputation

Two leather jackets that no longer fit me and probably never will.

Hoping to lose one or two sizes is reasonable. Hoping to lose more than that nuts.
Words is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Words For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2012, 08:20 PM   #200
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

OMG how did I miss this thread!!!

I have found my lost tribe!!!

I love to cull, purge, re-prioritize, reorganize, and lighten the depth of the footprint I make on earth, lighten myself, make myself feel freer, more flexible, more able to embrace change when it hits, because my shell is easy to drag.

For as long as I can remember, I've had a personal rule: If I buy something, I have to get rid of something.

This stops me from making impulse purchases that cause gratuitous repetitions in my household.

Another thing I do is, every three months or so I go through every drawer and closet in my apartment, and start a pile of things I don't wear, didn't like in the first place, just don't want anymore, no matter how "nice" they are.

Then I fold the stuff into a shopping bag and give the best pieces away to someone who needs them (like the lady who cleans our office, who I've known for about ten years). When I'm carrying the bag, I'm very conscious of its weight. That's the weight I'm shedding, in some psychic way. It feels good.

You know how many mugs I have? I have three mugs. I actually want a couple more, but I'll stop at that. I really fight the urge to accrue, and it's easy to internalize that urge, in this culture, where we're bombarded by messages to consume.

Ironically, though, when I live with someone, I am happy to help them organize, get rid of stuff, but I also have no problem tolerating their stuff, as long as it doesn't dominate shared space.
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ginger For This Useful Post: