shadows papa

How Do You Identify?:
With a Warning Label
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her Bastard
Relationship Status:
Peaceful Easy

Thanked 1,644 Times in 485 Posts
shadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputation
Default Want!!!!

I will be adding one of these to my bike collection in the next couple of years....it's on my mind BIGTIME!

Old 12-04-2010, 08:02 PM   #4982
katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,765 Times in 734 Posts
katsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputation

I saw teeny tiny snowflakes early this morning. Wondering if I imagined them. Alberta Clipper headed this way and will stay for ten days or so. Very very cold weather coming and I hate it!!! I know hate is a strong word. But extreme temps do me in with the fibromyalgia and I spend time in bed when that happens. Plus it knocks the hell out of my utility budget....
Old 12-05-2010, 09:09 AM   #4983
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,949 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

The beautiful, young calico cat who showed up outside my apartment friday evening...I don't know if she is lost, a stray or was abandoned. I wish I could bring her inside but my cat is 14, not used to other animals and I am fairly certain things would not go well at all. Also I have no idea as to her health.

But this poor creature just broke my heart yesterday, especially since we have some really, really cold weather approaching. She was outside my windows meowing and climbing my screens. After some thought I decided to provide her with food, water and shelter. I fixed up a box, covering the exterior bottom to keep out moisture, closed 3/4 of the open side to hold in heat but also to allow a little entrance and put one of my old fluffy sweaters in there for her. I took an empty Clementine crate and placed dry food and water dishes in it. Then I set everything up under the stairs outside my apartment. It's protected from the wind and rain - two of my neighbors are storing things there: a grill and a bicycle - so she is more or less out of the weather and out of sight of hawks and owls.

When I put out the food, she fell on it so I added some more. She seemed to calm down a bit after that and stopped the meowing and climbing. I did pet her and talk with her after she ate. She is very sweet and not at all feral.

Before going out I refilled her bowl and when I came home she had eaten most of it. I presume she was in her little house because she was nowhere to be seen. I didn't top off the food last night because the raccoons, opossums or other wilidlife would likely eat it.

I haven't seen her yet this morning and I will go outside in a little while to give her some more food and change out her water.
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2010, 10:11 AM   #4984
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows papa View Post
I will be adding one of these to my bike collection in the next couple of years....it's on my mind BIGTIME!

Details on bike, please.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 12:02 PM   #4985
little_ms_sunshyne

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 12,242 Times in 2,540 Posts
little_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputation

Getting a new tattoo in 2 weeks
little_ms_sunshyne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to little_ms_sunshyne For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2010, 12:24 PM   #4986
katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,765 Times in 734 Posts
katsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Scarlett View Post
The beautiful, young calico cat who showed up outside my apartment friday evening...I don't know if she is lost, a stray or was abandoned. I wish I could bring her inside but my cat is 14, not used to other animals and I am fairly certain things would not go well at all. Also I have no idea as to her health.

But this poor creature just broke my heart yesterday, especially since we have some really, really cold weather approaching. She was outside my windows meowing and climbing my screens. After some thought I decided to provide her with food, water and shelter. I fixed up a box, covering the exterior bottom to keep out moisture, closed 3/4 of the open side to hold in heat but also to allow a little entrance and put one of my old fluffy sweaters in there for her. I took an empty Clementine crate and placed dry food and water dishes in it. Then I set everything up under the stairs outside my apartment. It's protected from the wind and rain - two of my neighbors are storing things there: a grill and a bicycle - so she is more or less out of the weather and out of sight of hawks and owls.

When I put out the food, she fell on it so I added some more. She seemed to calm down a bit after that and stopped the meowing and climbing. I did pet her and talk with her after she ate. She is very sweet and not at all feral.

Before going out I refilled her bowl and when I came home she had eaten most of it. I presume she was in her little house because she was nowhere to be seen. I didn't top off the food last night because the raccoons, opossums or other wilidlife would likely eat it.

I haven't seen her yet this morning and I will go outside in a little while to give her some more food and change out her water.
That is so sweet of you!!! My guess is that she is lost. If she were a stray or feral she would not have let you pet her so quickly.

I have a black male un-neutered cat that I care for but cannot bring inside because of my other furr babies. It breaks my heart every day. His ear has been lacerated repeatedly over the past two years and it keeps re-opening. Makes me so sad! If I come into some extra money I will take Tom Tom to the vet to be neutered, vaccinations and then try to find him a home!! I keep playing the lottery in hopes of being able to help him!!!

I hope you find her owners!!!
Old 12-05-2010, 01:10 PM   #4987
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsarecool View Post
That is so sweet of you!!! My guess is that she is lost. If she were a stray or feral she would not have let you pet her so quickly.

I have a black male un-neutered cat that I care for but cannot bring inside because of my other furr babies. It breaks my heart every day. His ear has been lacerated repeatedly over the past two years and it keeps re-opening. Makes me so sad! If I come into some extra money I will take Tom Tom to the vet to be neutered, vaccinations and then try to find him a home!! I keep playing the lottery in hopes of being able to help him!!!

I hope you find her owners!!!
Her dish was empty when I put food out for her earlier this morning. About 30 minutes ago I checked and half is now gone. I still haven't seen her nor have I checked her box - it's her safe space and I don't want to disturb her if she is in there. I'm going to top off her dish here in a minute. There haven't been any dogs, etc. out there today so she must be eating.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2010, 01:48 PM   #4988
JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

Thanked 13,995 Times in 3,685 Posts
JustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST Reputation

That's classified.
Old 12-05-2010, 03:52 PM   #4989
ravfem

How Do You Identify?:
i'm a girl
Relationship Status:
negative

Thanked 3,126 Times in 1,269 Posts
ravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputation

The coming week...

"playing house"...

talks...

Old 12-05-2010, 06:20 PM   #4990
moonfemme

Why... When you no longer choose to speak to certain people, and you haven't for 2 years and counting and and having a very very very good reason why I shouldn't... Why do they continue to try ????????? arghhhh
Old 12-05-2010, 07:04 PM   #4991
JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

JustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonfemme View Post
Why... When you no longer choose to speak to certain people, and you haven't for 2 years and counting and and having a very very very good reason why I shouldn't... Why do they continue to try ????????? arghhhh
AND... why do other people continue to tell you how they are doing???
Old 12-06-2010, 04:39 AM   #4992
Cirrus

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Not that picky
Relationship Status:
Well there is this one girl I kinda like

Cirrus Has the BEST ReputationCirrus Has the BEST ReputationCirrus Has the BEST ReputationCirrus Has the BEST ReputationCirrus Has the BEST ReputationCirrus Has the BEST ReputationCirrus Has the BEST ReputationCirrus Has the BEST ReputationCirrus Has the BEST ReputationCirrus Has the BEST ReputationCirrus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfyOne View Post
This is where I come in and tell you it's not really cold here yet. Not saying it doesn't get cold, but won't get as cold as where you're at and the snow when it comes here never lasts long at all.

Wolfy....who doesn't miss Chicago winters at all
I've been to Chicago several times. It's about a 7 hour ride from here though so it does not happen often at all. I am actually a lot closer to Duluth, MN. Only an hour there depending on the weather. It's pretty cold here right now, but I am prepared for it. Usually our biggest challenge in the winter is keeping out eye out for drunken snowmobilers, people ice fishing dangerously, and lost skiers.

I get what you are saying though. If I went anyplace else I'd still be a cheesehead

Cirrus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cirrus For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2010, 08:00 AM   #4993
moonfemme

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustLovelyJenn View Post
AND... why do other people continue to tell you how they are doing???
Jenn... I wish I knew... sometimes family(and some friends) are just hang-er on-ers... maybe it's being blood related and those bonds are hard to break... All I know is I need sometime away... I need to process, then figure out how to deal with a family issue... I hate ultimatums, when I was younger I would do the opposite out of spite... but now... I just think that if you need space and time ... the request should be honored. If not then LEAVE ME THE F%^K alone will be my answer :~)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2010, 09:11 AM   #4994
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

...that I used to laugh all the time, and lately feel like I've lost that

...that I am truly sick and tired of arguing and anger

...that I miss my best friend more than I thought I would

...that I am bone tired, and frustrated that I can't sleep

...that whatever I do or say never seems to be right, or enough, or whatever

...that every time I feel like things are turning around in life, they hang a U-turn on me

...that I'm fighting that same old depressed crap...ugh
Old 12-06-2010, 09:21 AM   #4995
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

I'm on vacation this week...since I am a bit of a workaholic it will only be a matter of time before I start getting on my own nerves. Trying very hard NOT to check the work email, court calendars or bank accounts - I do this every morning after opening the office.

There is so much to do around the house - move furniture around and sort through boxes from my move about 2 years ago. Let me elaborate - my former apartment building was sold and everyone was given a couple weeks to move - we were more or less evicted. This happened about 3 weeks before Pride - I was Co-chair of the Board and had absolutely NO spare time. Also I was working for someone who confused the duties of a paralegal with indentured servitude. And my Mom had died a few months earlier. Shelia took time off work and packed my apartment - she packed everything, except the garbage. After the move I was still consumed by Pride and my job. Then Dad started to clear Mom's things from his house because he decided to remarry. I ended up rescuing a lot of things and my living room became a warehouse. When I moved my home grew from a 640 sq ft apartment to about 1,000 but because of the extra things from Dad's I actually have less living space now.

Even with the change of jobs last year I was still not interested in going through things here. Thanks to my counselor I have been able to work through my Mom's death and thanks to the addition of 5HTP/Carbidopa the mild depression has lifted - I am ready to tackle this. By the end of the week there will be many things ready to go to Goodwill and/or the dumpster.

I am looking forward to being able to use my living room again - something I haven't been able to do since the stuff arrived from Dad's.
The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2010, 09:39 AM   #4996
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:
counting freckles slowly under Her direction!!!

Thanked 12,559 Times in 2,993 Posts
weatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputation
Unhappy

George is on my mind!!!
weatherboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 03:51 PM   #4997
little_ms_sunshyne

How Do You Identify?:

little_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputation

the unexpected...
Old 12-06-2010, 07:01 PM   #4998
JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonfemme View Post
Jenn... I wish I knew... sometimes family(and some friends) are just hang-er on-ers... maybe it's being blood related and those bonds are hard to break... All I know is I need sometime away... I need to process, then figure out how to deal with a family issue... I hate ultimatums, when I was younger I would do the opposite out of spite... but now... I just think that if you need space and time ... the request should be honored. If not then LEAVE ME THE F%^K alone will be my answer :~)
WOW, don't I know this feeling. I feel the same way. I need time away.... away from family, from pressure, from fighting... I need time to remember who I am. And getting that may just be the hardest decision I have ever had to make in my life.
Old 12-06-2010, 07:41 PM   #4999
little_ms_sunshyne

How Do You Identify?:

Strong arms holding me...melting into a warm body...I may have a fever for different reasons now
The Following User Says Thank You to little_ms_sunshyne For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2010, 07:43 PM   #5000
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

Sometimes just sitting around all day when your on disability will give you too much time to think. What hasn't been on My mind lately? Seems like all I've done lately is think ~ about life, My future, what I want and pleasing others. My mind keeps getting wracked with things bombarding My thoughts to the point where I just wanna shit it off ~ like where is the automatic "off" switch? Some of the things I've had on My mind include:

~ My transition

~ Coming out to the rest of My family and friends

~ Going to school (either physically going or taking an at-home study course)

~ Moving out on My own, and how to do that

~ Work, should I or shouldnt I?

~ Love, and whether or not I'll ever find it

~ Figuring out My sexuality and where I fall in the gender spectrum?

There is alot more, but thats just the basics ........... no wonder I don't sleep properly most nights

Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Leigh For This Useful Post: