Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 06-24-2014, 04:50 PM   #1541
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,719 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

45 minutes Stair Master (45/50 intervals) / combined 45 minutes of weight lifting, abs, and stretching

saw Shelly, a member i've mentioned before who i tend to have problems with. today was no different. i was next to another woman on an exercise mat with just enough space to be comfortable, and despite all the free mats all around us, shelly came over and said, "mind if I squeeze in between you girls?"

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2014, 06:42 PM   #1542
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I was just going to go in and do a quick set on the machines, maybe 15-20 minutes. No cardio. I got started on the machines and was chugging along fine when someone started talking to me. As it turns out, she's one of my customers. We had a nice on and off chat as we worked the machines and in between others coming in and out. I wound up staying a lot longer than I planned but it was nice. Different.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2014, 02:49 PM   #1543
EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

Thanked 3,907 Times in 1,032 Posts
EnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST Reputation

I fled from zombies to the sound of German speed metal again today It was good fun, but apparently my average pace was a tiny bit slower than last time which was a bit disappointing. But what the hell, it's only my second session (have decided to run once a week and elliptical on other workout days) so shouldn't be too down on myself.

I also did a shoulder work out today with seated dumbbell shoulder press, side raises and rear delt flies.

I've been trying to get the courage to go swimming at my gym (YMCA). I've really wanted to start since I got my membership there and was one of the reason I chose that gym. But I'm still a bit nervous. It seems to be a trans friendlier gym than most, anyways, and my scars are pretty faded by now. But it still makes me nervous to swim at a non-trans event. It would be nice as a different form of cardio on days where I don't feel like running on the track or going on the elliptical though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
True dat.

One doesn't have to go backwards to trip up, though.

Poor guy. And in public. And on tape. And now youtube.
Hahaha, I once did that at the gym I used to work at of all place Well, it was far less dramatic than that guy flying off the machine. I paused the treadmill to go drink some water from the fountain and when I came back stepped onto the treadmill expecting it to be paused. Meanwhile not noticing that it was actually moving and I kind of did a weird downward stumble/flop off the machine. Luckily it wasn't going very fast. It was embarrassing as hell because it was the gym that I actually trained at! But I couldn't help but cackle at myself as I picked myself up off the ground
EnderD_503 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to EnderD_503 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2014, 07:02 PM   #1544
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

That treadmill fall is funnier the more times it is played, truly lol. Not the fall itself, but the context. Well, maybe the fall itself too.

Anyway, today I did 55 minutes on the Stair Master (accidentally shut it off five minutes before planning to- I only meant to pause it). Then I did 15 minutes of weight lifting, and 20 minutes of yoga.

How do I... ?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2014, 07:48 PM   #1545
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,396 Times in 6,872 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I did my step workout with weights while watching Property Brothers. I did about 45minutes...only because its sooo damn hot still!

something new I tried just as a warm up....

running man type arms with 5lb weights.....holyy omg it felt great! Its great because it works the upper arm in two ways and you can get a little twist to it and get a little abs snuck in there

I am ever the multi tasker! In fact, I looked into that generator that creates electricity from a stationary bike. A friend of a friend has an spin gym and all her electricity for her business is provided by her spinners!
Old 06-25-2014, 07:54 PM   #1546
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

T33 and I had a good workout and the time flew by, probably because I was lost in thought about a few things.

Random, levels 3-13.

237 calories, 1.79 miles, 35:00 minutes

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2014, 07:49 PM   #1547
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Today: 50 minutes stair master (45/50 intervals), 10 minutes weight lifting, 30 minutes floor exercises

Here's a youtube treadmill fail/fall that's kinda amusing but not as amusing as the one Gemme posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SI2xOrYlAOc

How do I... ?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2014, 08:52 PM   #1548
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

It's oddly comforting to know I'm not the only one banned from treadmill use for terminal klutz reasons.

Three miles today on the beach, the last one barefoot.

Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2014, 10:24 PM   #1549
AnAwkwardAccident

How Do You Identify?:
Trans*
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Married

AnAwkwardAccident Has the BEST ReputationAnAwkwardAccident Has the BEST ReputationAnAwkwardAccident Has the BEST ReputationAnAwkwardAccident Has the BEST ReputationAnAwkwardAccident Has the BEST ReputationAnAwkwardAccident Has the BEST ReputationAnAwkwardAccident Has the BEST ReputationAnAwkwardAccident Has the BEST ReputationAnAwkwardAccident Has the BEST ReputationAnAwkwardAccident Has the BEST ReputationAnAwkwardAccident Has the BEST Reputation

I took my dog on a 40 minute walk/jog today - I felt great! I'm excited to go swimming tomorrow.
AnAwkwardAccident is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AnAwkwardAccident For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2014, 04:50 AM   #1550
traumaqueen

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
that grrl
Relationship Status:
happily occupied and awfully engaged.

traumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputation

Heading out for an early yoga session before classes today. I've had a brutal school schedule this summer and I'm finding it difficult to work in my normal workouts... That and the World Cup, which actually goes hand in hand with afternoon beers. I've compensated by riding my bike to class 3-4 days week, approximately 11 miles one way. Nice ride for the most part with a couple routes to choose from as the as the city is mostly bike friendly. The city, not the drivers. I also encountered my first bike path traffic jam on 'Bike to Work Day', Wednesday... *grumble* people, your bikes work on other days too!
Old 06-27-2014, 05:26 AM   #1551
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

That poor guy. That's the problem with home equipment. It's just not as sturdy and durable and safe as gym equipment. At least he didn't face plant it.

I think T33 and I are headed for a time out. She's been moody lately and when I am transitioning from my runs to my walking speed, she's very slow on the decline and sometimes gets hung up. Maybe she needs space. I'm pretty sure I'm going to walk in one day and there's going to be an 'out of order' sign on her soon.

But that's okay. There are other treadmills in this world. I'll find another one that's close to a fan and hides between other equipment.

*sniff*

Anyway, she was weirder than normal last night. Kept refusing to give me decent inclines so I kept raising the level. It was a workout but I feel the struggle with her was harder than the workout itself.

Random program, levels 6-16, no runs.

252 calories, 1.74 miles, 35:00 minutes

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2014, 06:22 PM   #1552
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I tried something different tonight.

E20 was quite friendly. E for elliptical.

30 minutes total for 250 calories and 2.07 miles.

I kept my speed between 3.9-5.5 and used the manual program. I worked hard enough to make me sweat but it wasn't pouring off of me or down my back, which always feels weird.

My main problem with the elliptical is that the balls and pads of my feet start to burn after a short amount of time and it becomes a bit uncomfortable. I wind up shifting my feet consistently to alleviate some of the discomfort but from that point on, I'm not a happy girl.

Eh. It was okay.

I finished up with light stretching and 30x30 abs.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 06-27-2014, 07:10 PM   #1553
AnAwkwardAccident

How Do You Identify?:
Trans*
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Married

AnAwkwardAccident Has the BEST ReputationAnAwkwardAccident Has the BEST ReputationAnAwkwardAccident Has the BEST ReputationAnAwkwardAccident Has the BEST ReputationAnAwkwardAccident Has the BEST ReputationAnAwkwardAccident Has the BEST ReputationAnAwkwardAccident Has the BEST ReputationAnAwkwardAccident Has the BEST ReputationAnAwkwardAccident Has the BEST ReputationAnAwkwardAccident Has the BEST ReputationAnAwkwardAccident Has the BEST Reputation

Running up and down a few flights of stairs as well as speed walking to keep with my partner. Might take the dog on a walk later tonight if I'm feeling particularly adventurous.
AnAwkwardAccident is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AnAwkwardAccident For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2014, 05:01 PM   #1554
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

1 hr stair master, 20 minutes weight lifting, 40 minutes yoga and stretching

I was next to jill on the stair master for the first time. I was first up. She was really into the World Cup soccer game. I was watching Desperate Living, an old John Waters movie with lots of filthy sex and nudity in it. I was hoping she wouldn't look over and then maybe report me to the gym's powers that be.

I saw my friend Lakeesha a few times. She went for a mani/pedi and then reappeared. It gets a l little awkward because we have to keep repeating, "Have a good night," and stuff, only to see each other later. She told me that earlier in the week a man in his fifties died on the basketball court during a game. I told her that downstairs I saw a man sitting up on a stretcher with some EMTs. He was wearing a t-shirt that said, "Aging is optional." I didn't tell her about the t-shirt because it seemed inappropriate given that we were having a somber conversation.

How do I... ?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2014, 06:18 PM   #1555
ProfPacker

How Do You Identify?:
butch/MOC
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy/hym/hys but in circumstances like work and some other places she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,816 Times in 1,187 Posts
ProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST Reputation

I don't have any EMT stories from the gym but I am including the treadmill in my routine, went 20 minutes at a 3 mile pace which is an increase in speed for me. Did another 40 minutes on machines.

went to lay in the sun and started to swim. in this club there is very little lane sharing but when there is, they always come to ask me (not anyone else if I am there if they can share my lane. That throws me off because then I just worry about the pace I am going. So, I abdicate because it is my craziness about lane sharing and I don't want to not be a generous club member. So I only got to swim 5 laps
ProfPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ProfPacker For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2014, 08:06 PM   #1556
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I took it easy today since work was nearly non-stop and physically taxing. I walked down to the Redbox and back, about a mile, and I vacuumed the whole apartment.

That's it.

Basically a day off.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 06-28-2014, 08:21 PM   #1557
Charmingbutch21

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
It's not a big deal for me, call it as you see it
Relationship Status:
Single

Charmingbutch21 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingbutch21 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingbutch21 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingbutch21 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingbutch21 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingbutch21 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingbutch21 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingbutch21 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingbutch21 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingbutch21 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingbutch21 Has the BEST Reputation

2 hours scavenging the neighborhood for wind chime parts
2 hours of yard work. I pwned those bushes with my cutters!
Old 06-29-2014, 02:43 PM   #1558
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Gym today: 1 hour stair master, 15 minutes weight lifting, 30 minutes floor exercises (abs, legs, back), and 15 minutes stretching.

I was next to my friend Lakeesha on the stair master and nearby Jill, who was on an Arc Trainer. Lakeesha was having an intense break-up fight with a cheating boyfriend over the phone while on the Stair Master. The man on the Stair Master next to me said, "Jesus Christ!" It was in reaction to Lakeesha being on the phone. I didn't mind since it was my friend, and of course I want to know what's going on in her life. When the man got off he approached Lakeesha from the ground and yelled up to her, "You know you're not supposed to be on the phone, right!" She said, "I know!" and got off soon after, telling me her heart rate was too high to be on the Stair Master. Um, yeah, I'd guess it would be!

How do I... ?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2014, 03:33 PM   #1559
ksrainbow

How Do You Identify?:
Valued

Thanked 2,149 Times in 561 Posts
ksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputation
Wink Lawn business etc...

Trimmed/edged two drive ways, 3 side walks and two patios...
Mowed and bagged two yards...
Swept two drive ways, 3 side walks and two patios...

All because of 9.10 inches of wonderful Kansas rains since 6/1/14

oh...can continuous swatted of flies and mosquitoes be considered exercise
ksrainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ksrainbow For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2014, 05:33 PM   #1560
Charmingbutch21

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
It's not a big deal for me, call it as you see it
Relationship Status:
Single

Charmingbutch21 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingbutch21 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingbutch21 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingbutch21 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingbutch21 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingbutch21 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingbutch21 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingbutch21 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingbutch21 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingbutch21 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingbutch21 Has the BEST Reputation

2 softball games, but not even one base hit. Gah!

Tags
exercise, weights