Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 01-30-2016, 06:11 AM   #5301
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,099 Times in 8,593 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

I do most of my artwork on the computer. Very similar to what I did for my postsecret project.

Would that be acceptable for the ATC project? If not, I'd understand but would like to drop out because I'm just not inspired to do any hand art. I went into Michael's yesterday and realized the hand art just wasn't moving me.

Let me know what y'all think. I can always join in on another project, providing I haven't waited too late to drop out.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2016, 06:31 AM   #5302
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
I do most of my artwork on the computer. Very similar to what I did for my postsecret project.

Would that be acceptable for the ATC project? If not, I'd understand but would like to drop out because I'm just not inspired to do any hand art. I went into Michael's yesterday and realized the hand art just wasn't moving me.

Let me know what y'all think. I can always join in on another project, providing I haven't waited too late to drop out.
It's not too late to drop out if that's your choice. You have until the 3rd to do so.

As a general rule, our craft exchanges are handmade. I went to Wikipedia for the definition of artist trading card and this is what it says:

Artist trading cards (ATCs) are miniature artworks about the same size as modern trading cards or baseball cards,[1] or 2 1⁄2 by 3 1⁄2 inches (64 mm × 89 mm),[2] small enough to fit inside standard card-collector pockets, sleeves or sheets.[3] When sold, they are usually referred to as art cards, editions, and originals (ACEOs). Popularized in 1996, the ATC movement developed out of the mail art movement and has its origins in Switzerland.[4] Cards are produced in various media, including dry media (pencils, pens, markers, etc.), wet media (watercolor, acrylic paints, etc.), paper media (in the form of collage, papercuts, found objects, etc.) or even metals or fiber. The cards are usually traded or exchanged.

M. Vänçi Stirnemann is credited in many circles with popularizing the modern artist trading card in 1996,[5] holding trading sessions in Zurich, Switzerland. This resurgence of interest in the cards spawned the ACEO movement.

Although it tips to handmade techniques, I'm not opposed to computer work. I'd say do you but don't be afraid to try something new too. Maybe some embellishments on the card post print? It will be harder, I think, to personalize them through the computer but I'm excited to see what you can come up with.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2016, 09:53 AM   #5303
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,098 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
Betwinchies are the same concept as an inchie only it is a 1 1/2 inch square.

Twinchies are the same concept as an inchie only it is 2 inches squared.

Rinchies are the same concept as an inchie only it is a circle of one inch diameter. A 1 inch circle punch works well.
I'm torn between twinchies and micros. Maybe I'll do a twinchie and a matching baby! I think I just had my moment of inspiration!

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2016, 10:13 AM   #5304
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Here's what I think. I am inclined to believe that ATCs and their various iterations should be hand made. For reasons being they can be quite time consuming to make a bunch of multiples and it's much easier to just hit print eight times.

However, we are being very loose in our interpretation of ATC this round. So perhaps a digital ATC could work. I could be down with some digital art as long as I felt like you took time to be creative and expressive with it. Which I believe you would be. So I think my ultimate vote is yes to dgital art, but bring your A game.

My Patreon

My Website
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2016, 10:30 AM   #5305
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy_coated_bitch View Post
Here's what I think. I am inclined to believe that ATCs and their various iterations should be hand made. For reasons being they can be quite time consuming to make a bunch of multiples and it's much easier to just hit print eight times.

However, we are being very loose in our interpretation of ATC this round. So perhaps a digital ATC could work. I could be down with some digital art as long as I felt like you took time to be creative and expressive with it. Which I believe you would be. So I think my ultimate vote is yes to dgital art, but bring your A game.
Thanks for your input, CCB.

I'm gonna pass this time but will catch up with y'all on another project.

Here's the updated list of participants:

1. Gemme
2. nycfem/Jennifer
3. CCB
4. Breathless
5. Bèsame*
6. GeorgiaMa'am
7. Katniss

Ciao for now.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2016, 11:01 AM   #5306
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,719 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Quote:
Thanks for your input, CCB.

I'm gonna pass this time but will catch up with y'all on another project.

Here's the updated list of participants:

1. Gemme
2. nycfem/Jennifer
3. CCB
4. Breathless
5. Bèsame*
6. GeorgiaMa'am
7. Katniss

Ciao for now.
There's still time to rethink dropping out. Please do consider, as "variety is the spice of life." Digital art is the wave of the future, and I'd be totally curious to see what you came up with! Probably some of us don't really know what you mean, so it would give us a chance to see that style. And we are a nonjudgmental crowd. Just a thought!

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2016, 12:17 PM   #5307
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
There's still time to rethink dropping out. Please do consider, as "variety is the spice of life." Digital art is the wave of the future, and I'd be totally curious to see what you came up with! Probably some of us don't really know what you mean, so it would give us a chance to see that style. And we are a nonjudgmental crowd. Just a thought!
Thanks, nycfem. My hand art is more time consuming than my computer art, though both would pass muster. I'm concerned about the time I would need and would feel rushed with my other possible commitments. So I'm dropping out.

I thought it would be more manageable for me when I joined, but I can see it won't be. I appreciate the time givien for a second thought.

Will catch y'all on another project.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2016, 04:01 PM   #5308
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,156 Times in 5,130 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Thanks, nycfem. My hand art is more time consuming than my computer art, though both would pass muster. I'm concerned about the time I would need and would feel rushed with my other possible commitments. So I'm dropping out.

I thought it would be more manageable for me when I joined, but I can see it won't be. I appreciate the time givien for a second thought.

Will catch y'all on another project.
I'm sorry you're dropping out, Orema. I was really looking forward to your contribution, especially after seeing your postsecret, which I found very moving and artistic. I completely understand about time, though.

I'm glad you brought up the computer art issue, though, thank you. I am planning to use some computer art in my ATCs also. I was going on the advice of the videos that Gemme posted, wherein at least a couple of times it was mentioned that there are no rules, other than (1) they have to be a certain size, and (2) you can't sell them. So I hope that's okay. I'm on my way now to do some photography that I want to use in this project, and it will be digitized.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2016, 05:52 PM   #5309
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

That sounds lovely, Georgia.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2016, 08:29 PM   #5310
Breathless
Brat Extraordinaire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Happy

3 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 23

Thanked 4,101 Times in 958 Posts
Breathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST Reputation

I too, am sad to see Orema drop out, and I too feel like I need to say something. This group is about inclusion, and art comes in all forms some people don't feel like they are good enough to make the grade, myself included at times. To avoid the hit print 8 times simply stating each is to be individual and original? The medium to be used was not stated like Besame's 90 % paper on the sun project, and since they are supposed to be Artist trading cards, I truly don't want to limit their means of expression.
Old 01-30-2016, 08:42 PM   #5311
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathless View Post
I too, am sad to see Orema drop out, and I too feel like I need to say something. This group is about inclusion, and art comes in all forms some people don't feel like they are good enough to make the grade, myself included at times. To avoid the hit print 8 times simply stating each is to be individual and original? The medium to be used was not stated like Besame's 90 % paper on the sun project, and since they are supposed to be Artist trading cards, I truly don't want to limit their means of expression.
Breathless, I can't make this happen without stressing out. I was going to start with computer art and add to it, but the only way I can do them by the deadline, with my current commitments, is to mass produce relying mostly on the computer and I really don't want to do that. And I'm not feeling the hands-on approach either (laughing at myself).

I also have a chance to do some freelance work on Valentine's Day weekend so that's one less weekend for me to work on this project. I really didn't think this out properly but will next time.

It works out for me and I'm not penalized for leaving early and I know I'm welcome to join another project.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2016, 08:07 AM   #5312
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,685 Times in 7,714 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Orema...I am sad that you have to drop out of this one. I totally understand stress & deadlines...so respect your decision. Besides, there will be a lot more awesome projects down the pike....so come on back ...

I really am enjoying your postsecret card.....way cool. That is what I like about this group....so different, so creative, and so much artistic expression....I am always so excited to get the finished project at hand....makes me smile for days....

Quote:
Breathless, I can't make this happen without stressing out. I was going to start with computer art and add to it, but the only way I can do them by the deadline, with my current commitments, is to mass produce relying mostly on the computer and I really don't want to do that. And I'm not feeling the hands-on approach either (laughing at myself).

I also have a chance to do some freelance work on Valentine's Day weekend so that's one less weekend for me to work on this project. I really didn't think this out properly but will next time.

It works out for me and I'm not penalized for leaving early and I know I'm welcome to join another project.

Old 02-01-2016, 07:05 AM   #5313
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Updated list of participants:

1. Gemme
2. nycfem/Jennifer
3. CCB
4. Breathless
5. Bèsame*
6. GeorgiaMa'am
7. Katniss

We should hear soon about clay but I'm crossing my fingers that she will be able to participate, so that would make at least 14 pieces (7x2). Again, if you'd like to make a series versus a pairing, you are more than welcome to do so but please remember that not everyone will be able to do so given the tight deadline.

The project MUST be postmarked on February 29th. This is not the project to be late.

Be creative, have fun and do you!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-02-2016, 01:11 PM   #5314
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,539 Times in 10,209 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

All things are good !

Please add Clay! She wants to join us!

I can't copy and paste on my phone.

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 02-02-2016, 08:07 PM   #5315
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

1. Gemme
2. nycfem/Jennifer
3. CCB
4. Breathless
5. Bèsame*
6. GeorgiaMa'am
7. Katniss
8. clay

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-02-2016, 10:11 PM   #5316
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
1. Gemme
2. nycfem/Jennifer
3. CCB
4. Breathless
5. Bèsame*
6. GeorgiaMa'am
7. Katniss
8. clay
Is this the closed list? This is a great group of people!

My Patreon

My Website
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2016, 06:03 AM   #5317
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

It's the 3rd with no other changes, so this is the official list of participants for the Love/Music Leap Year ATC Challenge!!!!

1. Gemme
2. nycfem/Jennifer
3. CCB
4. Breathless
5. Bèsame*
6. GeorgiaMa'am
7. Katniss
8. clay

All typical rules are in play:

#1. "For 2016, the rule is if one of us is more than a week late or drops out of a project for whatever reason, that person is welcome to continue posting but is not allowed to sign up for a group project again until January 1st, 2017. No exceptions. This rule applies to participants and to wranglers. This rule must be posted at the bottom of all new projects that are being wrangled so that members can thoughtfully consider whether we wish to commit to a new project. And for the purposes of clarification, if someone drops out before the deadline to sign up has been closed then they are not excluded from future projects because they are still following the rules."

#2. Please add $5 for repackaging and postage. I'll send my address to you all later in the month.

#3. Make 7 pairings (or series, if you are so inclined) of any of the following: traditional 2.5x3.5 ATCs, rinchies, twinchies, inchies, minis or micros or a combination thereof.

#4. The theme is love and/or music. It's your interpretation, so be as literal or abstract as you want to be. Any materials are accepted as long as they don't tick and go boom.

#5. The deadline is etched in stone this time: February 29th. Your goodies MUST be postmarked by this date. It's a Monday. Plan accordingly. Those who comply will receive a surprise in their packages. Those who don't will be sad, because not only will they miss out on the surprise, they will be susceptible to rule #1.

Yes, I've made note of the deadline multiple times. Yes, this is the one thing I will be absolutely adamant about in this round. Come Hell or high water, that postmark should say Feb. 29, 2016.

If the 29th comes around and you are not finished, mail them anyway. I'll go Tim Gunn and make it work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy_coated_bitch View Post
Is this the closed list? This is a great group of people!
This is, indeed. I expect to squeal a little when opening the packages. I expect Oliver to look at me like I've lost my ever-loving mind too.

I'm misunderestimated.

Last edited by Gemme; 02-03-2016 at 06:06 AM.
Old 02-04-2016, 10:45 AM   #5318
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,156 Times in 5,130 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

For those who participated in the Postsecret project, I just wanted to share: Post Secret Live! is coming to Atlanta this Saturday. I just bought my tickets! Thanks for cluing me in to this phenomenon, nycfem.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince

Last edited by GeorgiaMa'am; 02-04-2016 at 10:48 AM.
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2016, 06:34 PM   #5319
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I may or may not have lost my ever-loving mind buying crafty goodness this week.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 02-04-2016, 07:30 PM   #5320
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,539 Times in 10,209 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I may or may not have lost my ever-loving mind buying crafty goodness this week.
Your not alone!

I always say...I'm not going to buy anything, I'm going to use what I have. Ha!

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:

Tags
artists, creative types