Venus007

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Serene Highness ;}
Relationship Status:
Dreamily contemplating some outrage against conventional morality

Thanked 4,767 Times in 1,144 Posts
Venus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST Reputation
Default Ignore the media

I am thinking that most people are reasonable, and good and that the media caters to the the loud mouth bigots simply because they are, well, loud.
I would like to believe that the majority of the every day people I run into in my life are live and let live kinda folks. This theory bears out in the people I meet and the students I teach but sometimes I forget because of the hate spewed by the media. I need to remain scrupulous in my choices to ignore the jerkfaces of the media and focus on the many many people I see every day. I think that this is the only way I can preserve myself from loosing hope for our future.

"So you'll die happily for your sins. You'd rather die in guilt then live in love?" Timothy Leary
Venus007 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Venus007 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2010, 07:17 PM   #3962
bigbutchmistie

How Do You Identify?:
Since You Need A Label. Butch
Relationship Status:
Still Dreaming Of My Happily Ever After

Thanked 5,364 Times in 1,941 Posts
bigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputation

Vacation over with. Starting back to work tomorrow

Its Fall time. And even though things will slow down at work its the time of the year for my bosses to be real asses.

Local News Crew was at my church today interviewing people over the Would Jesus Discriminate Billboards that are around DFW.
bigbutchmistie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 08:52 PM   #3963
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,949 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

Why did my hair turn out three shades lighter than my natural color and red instead of the nice deep brown (that matches my haircolor) as promised on the box?

Not the look I was trying for...

L'Oreal, you really let me down this time!
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 09:01 PM   #3964
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,109 Times in 3,757 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

I wish I could take a long walk under the moon light...I need to think and soak up some fresh air....
but after seeing a snake on my last walk at nearly sundown, I think I'll refrain.

I'm exhausted....
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2010, 09:58 PM   #3965
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,621 Times in 3,976 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

my good friend JoSchmooze sent me a beaitiful set of three nighties for my stay at the CC. In the CC I was getting lovely compliments about them and couldnt wait for them to get washed when I got home so I could wear them around the house too.

well tonight I read where they had hired Diane Von Furstenburg, to design gowns for the CC! I saw her first designs and i had worn one for my surgery! It was so much more comfortable!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2010, 10:07 PM   #3966
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet View Post
I wish I could take a long walk under the moon light...I need to think and soak up some fresh air....
but after seeing a snake on my last walk at nearly sundown, I think I'll refrain.

I'm exhausted....

Do you not have a street or a sidewalk you could stroll down?

I used to catch garden snakes when I was a kid, but these country snakes I don't touch
If I can't identify it as a simple garden snake, it's time to walk away

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2010, 11:23 PM   #3967
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

steak bloody rare so can lick the blood off the plate when I am done

rubbing lotion on my feet about 5 times a day each

wearing something that isnt button down the front

riding a horse

wondering what the scale is going to say next time I go to my surgeon's

remember those scales that spoke to you when you got on them? You dont run into them at garage sales and fleas. I think people got mad at them and took out their batteries. I wonder if thats considered abusive?
Old 09-13-2010, 12:09 AM   #3968
cara

How Do You Identify?:
Queer/lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
Married to my love 08.15.15

Thanked 13,254 Times in 2,724 Posts
cara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputation

The weekends over ALREADY? Boo!

cara is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cara For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2010, 12:48 AM   #3969
JustBeingMe

How Do You Identify?:
as ME
Relationship Status:
I don't need no stinking status.

Thanked 1,691 Times in 694 Posts
JustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST Reputation

Wondering if tomorrow will be as hot and friggin humid as today???????? I gotta finish mowing the lawn but I sure could use a nice breeze blowing when I do it tomorrow.
Old 09-13-2010, 12:53 AM   #3970
violaine
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
atypical
Preferred Pronoun?:
plague words and phrases
Relationship Status:
love wise guys of the avian world

Thanked 3,294 Times in 1,301 Posts
violaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputation
Smile intelligence & sensitivity-

femmedyke
violaine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to violaine For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2010, 01:01 AM   #3971
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

oh drat...I didnt mean the Diane gowns were so much more comfortable thant Jo's nighties....I meant Diane's gowns were more comfortable than regular johny gowns with the backs out. Jo didnt want me walking around with my butt cheeks smiling at everybody so he made sure I had decent nighties to wear...lol...

this is what happens when you post and are taking narcotic meds...

Quote:
Originally Posted by softness View Post
my good friend JoSchmooze sent me a beaitiful set of three nighties for my stay at the CC. In the CC I was getting lovely compliments about them and couldnt wait for them to get washed when I got home so I could wear them around the house too.

well tonight I read where they had hired Diane Von Furstenburg, to design gowns for the CC! I saw her first designs and i had worn one for my surgery! It was so much more comfortable!
The Following User Says Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2010, 06:44 AM   #3972
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfyOne View Post
Do you not have a street or a sidewalk you could stroll down?

I used to catch garden snakes when I was a kid, but these country snakes I don't touch
If I can't identify it as a simple garden snake, it's time to walk away
You tickle me, Wolfy!!
We have corn fields and soybean fields everywhere you look for MILES.... but not a single sidewalk. My city dog, Willy, is missing his daily side walk tour of the city trees and fire hydrants.
With the corn fields being harvested around these parts, we have to watch for 'country snakes' everywhere. So far this year, I've seen several harmless garden snakes...and a couple large poisonous country snakes. If I'm not freaking out at the snakes, I'm flipping out at the spiders.... especially the big hairy ones I've found lately and the Black Widows. Makes me not wanna go barefoot anymore.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:51 AM   #3973
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet View Post
You tickle me, Wolfy!!
We have corn fields and soybean fields everywhere you look for MILES.... but not a single sidewalk. My city dog, Willy, is missing his daily side walk tour of the city trees and fire hydrants.
With the corn fields being harvested around these parts, we have to watch for 'country snakes' everywhere. So far this year, I've seen several harmless garden snakes...and a couple large poisonous country snakes. If I'm not freaking out at the snakes, I'm flipping out at the spiders.... especially the big hairy ones I've found lately and the Black Widows. Makes me not wanna go barefoot anymore.

LOL! The last place I lived was smack dab in the middle of grain fields... alternated yearly between corn and soy ( wheat was beforehand) and EVERY year for 16 years when the corn got cut... first came the onslaught of field mice to be quickly followed by the snakes chasing the mice! It was like a three week menagerie/ nightmare every year. Ya get used to it after a while, but I tell ya, I'm not sure my lady could have dealt with another year of the snakes...

Good luck! Your area has brown recluse also, so do be careful with the spideys!
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2010, 07:07 AM   #3974
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
LOL! The last place I lived was smack dab in the middle of grain fields... alternated yearly between corn and soy ( wheat was beforehand) and EVERY year for 16 years when the corn got cut... first came the onslaught of field mice to be quickly followed by the snakes chasing the mice! It was like a three week menagerie/ nightmare every year. Ya get used to it after a while, but I tell ya, I'm not sure my lady could have dealt with another year of the snakes...

Good luck! Your area has brown recluse also, so do be careful with the spideys!

Brown Recluse!!!!

I have found two VERY LARGE creepy spiders in my laundry!!! and one on the kitchen counter!! I screamed more with the spiders than I did with the snakes! And my housemate just laughs, chuckles and makes fun of me!! Finding those JURASSIC sized creepy legged things in my laundry has taught me NOT to let my dirty jeans land or lay on the floor.... and I ALWAYS shake out my clothes and shoes now!!
CREEPY!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2010, 07:56 AM   #3975
chefhmboyrd

How Do You Identify?:
man
Preferred Pronoun?:
beef
Relationship Status:
Uncle Daddy Snap

Thanked 2,845 Times in 898 Posts
chefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

MONDAY AGAIN?
Old 09-13-2010, 09:16 AM   #3976
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

my seasonal work coming to a halt!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2010, 04:52 PM   #3977
JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

Thanked 13,995 Times in 3,685 Posts
JustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST Reputation

The crazy messed up rearranging of everyone's schedules at work right now. I can't wait until its all figured out.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:07 PM   #3978
Scorp
Italian Stallion

How Do You Identify?:
DNA Usually...

Thanked 4,721 Times in 1,270 Posts
Scorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST Reputation
Default This is what's on my mind at the moment...

I'm catching the repeat of the 2010 VMA's that were on MTV last night, and:

I HATE Eminem....Yes, hate is a harsh word...I just can't stand him. He thinks so cool and he's an arrogant wanna be gansta....What a shit head...
Scorp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scorp For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2010, 09:33 PM   #3979
femmedyke

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her

femmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputation

I worked ICU this evening at the veterinary referral hospital that I work for and it was really rough. It's a very large, nice hospital and I've never covered the evening criticare reception position. I had six emergencies in two hours - ranging from a very sweet kitty hit by a car, a year old female golden retriever who had managed to undo all of her spay stitches to an a crazy (cute) little Yorkshire terrier with a cracked toe.

The cat, Bagheera, belonged to a young 14 year old girl. He was so amazing that after he got hit by the car he somehow found the strength to crawl into a gutter to hide - he also crawled out of that gutter to his owners repeated calls. It's times like these when I'm not sure why cats are so resilient. He was so far gone and treatment was going to consist of three surgeries and cost over $7,000, so they decided to euthanize. It really sucked to look at that young girls tear streaked face, being just as strong as she could be. So I'm sending my love out to little Bagheera.. and Rachel too. . . Meanwhile, I'm squeezing my own little babies tight. . . trying to find some kind of understanding in a shower of salty tears.
Old 09-14-2010, 05:22 AM   #3980
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,308 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

Going through the hell part now of having opened my mouth and said something that hurt someone badly this past Saturday and I deserve every bit of it and much, much more. She is getting her anger out now and I am hanging with her. I am taking every bit of it because she deserves the opportunity to express how she feels about what I said. I will not run off and abandon her again. I am hanging with her to the end of this, wearing my big boy boxers and taking it like a big boy - regardless of what happens.

When I am insensitive as well as selfish and do not think about what I am saying ... there are consequences. I do not want to hurt her like this ever again.

Damn, as she has always said, I can really be a 2x4 butch. Oh, I wish I could erase what I said. Everything was going so good and smooth on Saturday, then I had to go and be a dickhead.

Big changes are in the making for me. It does not matter if she decides she will or will not want to speak to me again - I am determined to change this particular trait in me and by damn, I will!

I am just praying we can move past this incident. I do not want to lose her again. I cannot stand the thought of not being able to talk to her anymore. It makes me so sad to think of that.

Will this ever blow over? Last Saturday afternoon seems like an eternity ago. I am stressed to the max. Oh well, too bad - it is all my fault. This one is entirely on me.

I love her.

Happy Day to all you Planet people!
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post: