JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

Thanked 13,995 Times in 3,685 Posts
JustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LipstickLola View Post
We always got an orange and an apple in our stockings when I was little, I still do this for my youngin's
We do this, have for generations. Only.... we also get one fruit or veggi of our choice, last year my kids picked brussle sprouts.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:01 PM   #42
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Yes, just tap water, but I understand that a lot of people use vinegar/water for cleaning. Before I use it I always vacuum the dust up first.

I am curious as to why there continues to be some sort of residue on your floor. Could the flooring have been ruined by a product someone used on the floor? If so, then I'm not sure it matters what you use (like changing to steam) making a difference. Doesn't Just G put floors in for a living...maybe you need to take a pic and send it to someone/bring it into a store....you said you have tried a lot of products. I mean, what could explain the cloudiness?

ETA: I am doing ok....I will PM you.
I'm thinking that since if I handwash and dry the floors they look passable, they're probably not completely ruined. I'm not super invested in how they look, I guess - this is just a rental and one day the floors will be someone else's problem. It's just a little embarrassing for me that they look kinda dirty all the time even when they're not.

EVERYBODY - WE WILL NOW STOP DERAILING THIS THREAD TO TALK ABOUT MY FLOORS! I PROMISE! <3
Old 11-14-2010, 09:03 PM   #43
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by betenoire View Post
I want Nick to wash, fold, and put away all of my laundry. I also want him to reorganise the debacle that is more commonly known as the kitchen cupboards.

And I want a Shark Steam-Vac thingy.

This is even nicer than the Shark Steam-Vac

https://hooverfloormate.ptsfloorcare...FYNl7AodEW_YGg

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2010, 09:16 PM   #44
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I'm thinking that since if I handwash and dry the floors they look passable, they're probably not completely ruined. I'm not super invested in how they look, I guess - this is just a rental and one day the floors will be someone else's problem. It's just a little embarrassing for me that they look kinda dirty all the time even when they're not.

EVERYBODY - WE WILL NOW STOP DERAILING THIS THREAD TO TALK ABOUT MY FLOORS! I PROMISE! <3
Yes, makes sense. I would try it without the vinegar first, and would use distilled or purified water, just to keep the water as "pure" as possible (since you don't really know what it is in the products that is creating the cloudiness)

And yes we will stop derailing.

And yes to my gf (who may come across this at some point), I am aware that I do nothing now and you are awesome and the one who always does the floors, but it is not like I have no memory of it! lol

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2010, 10:06 PM   #45
CherryFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
On good days, in love. On bad days--well, there are no bad days with hym...

CherryFemme Has the BEST ReputationCherryFemme Has the BEST ReputationCherryFemme Has the BEST ReputationCherryFemme Has the BEST ReputationCherryFemme Has the BEST ReputationCherryFemme Has the BEST ReputationCherryFemme Has the BEST ReputationCherryFemme Has the BEST ReputationCherryFemme Has the BEST ReputationCherryFemme Has the BEST ReputationCherryFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Lightbulb Christmas Gift

I was thinking about it and I came up with a X-mas gift idea.
(Although I am sure blackboot will be sad that my gift idea has nothing to do with jewelry)

I would like a 15 minute phone conversation with Dr. Ben Barres.
Ok, I know the guy is super busy so I would settle for an email.

If you are reading this, Dr. Barres... MAKE MY CHRISTMAS!!

But seriously-- I have some questions regarding your July 2006 Nature article and how I can use it in my own work. Elementary questions, but it sure would be nice to get your take on it.

Yup... there is my little holiday wish,

~CF
CherryFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CherryFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2010, 10:28 PM   #46
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

It's not much.....but I don't require much......sometimes.

I'd like a new Roget's Thesaurus....my 1976 paperback version has officially fallen apart now.....

What's the synonym for thesaurus anyway?

Oh, ok.....and a marriage proposal.
I realize those are hard to wrap.

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2010, 10:34 PM   #47
katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,765 Times in 734 Posts
katsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I think it'll work out well for me. The apartment that I live in has REALLY cheap laminate flooring and it always looks like shit no matter what I do with it. It's cloudy as though it's got, like, a residue on it (it had that when I moved in) and I've tried a dozen different products to clean it that were specifically for laminate and NOTHING takes away that cloudy residue look.

I have found that if I wash by hand and dry the floors as I wash them that it improves things - but that is not how I am interested in spending my time. I get the feeling that the Shark will be a step up from mopping, although probably a step down from hand-washing.
I have deep laminate in the kitchen and the Shark just can't get in there and clean well. I wish I had not bought mine. Thinking about returning it. It is not worth what I paid for it.

I would like a new queen sized bed with memory foam pillow top. And satin sheets and matching comforter. It would be awesome to sleep (or whatever ) on a bed like that. Cats would like it too.

I just love spending time with my kids and their families; several little ones which makes it so much fun.

This year I will be giving all the children in my family some heirloom jewelry; something I had planned on leaving them in my will anyway. But why wait; let them enjoy it now. One piece I am very excited to give my granddaughter is an 18k yellow gold amyethist ring with several tiny diamonds. Her mother bought it for me for Mother's Day when she was 16. She saved for months from her first job. I think the girl will love it.

My oldest grandson expressed a wish to have a diamond engagement ring of mine; he said (when he was nine) he would love to give it to his future wife one day. I am going to see if he will have it mounted into a stud for now.

My oldest daughter is getting a strand of very nice pearls that she wore to her first prom with her husband when they were 15 and 16.

My other daughter will get the platinum ring with baguette diamonds (circa 1920) that belonged to my mother and her mother before that. My girl wore this ring as something borrowed for her wedding. Things like this with memories....Crossing fingers they love these!
Old 11-14-2010, 10:49 PM   #48
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I would like another Christmas with my Mom.....If I could have this, I would never ask for another thing. Ever.
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2010, 10:49 PM   #49
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

This Christmas is about getting back to the heart of the holiday, so we're not doing fancy schmancy gifts and whatnot. I mean, if someone were to wish to send me a pressie, I wouldn't refuse.

That wouldn't be polite.

Gift cards are nice.

So, we're going to have a lovely dinner and look at the sparkly lights and work on being better people for next year.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2010, 11:03 PM   #50
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

I'm thinking a family would be nice.
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2010, 11:57 PM   #51
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post

Oh, ok.....and a marriage proposal.
I realize those are hard to wrap.

Don't they come in small, square boxes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranzman View Post
One sis in law, coming right up! Of course, this means you'll have to come to Austin for the holidays, you know, to see your brother, Organic.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2010, 12:00 AM   #52
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
I would like to be Your 2nd cousin, twice removed.....or You snarky Aunt Bernice with the pet goat.

Have You filled those spots yet?
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2010, 12:01 AM   #53
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

That would be so nice. But then I'd be tempted to buy you circus peanuts for your stocking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post

One sis in law, coming right up! Of course, this means you'll have to come to Austin for the holidays, you know, to see your brother, Organic.

“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2010, 12:23 AM   #54
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

I'm thinking the snarky Aunt Bernice space is available. Of course you have to provide your own hand cuffs and could you please get that goat out of the living room?
You all really know how to make a guy feel loved, thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
I would like to be Your 2nd cousin, twice removed.....or You snarky Aunt Bernice with the pet goat.

Have You filled those spots yet?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2010, 12:31 AM   #55
socialjustice_fsu

How Do You Identify?:
Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
It’s all good.

Location: The gulf waters are sapphire blue and the beach sand is white as snow.
Thanked 2,158 Times in 439 Posts
socialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputation
Default For Christmas I want...

Time.
Just time.
socialjustice_fsu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to socialjustice_fsu For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2010, 12:32 AM   #56
atomiczombie

How Do You Identify?:
Femmesensual Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His
Relationship Status:
Dating

Thanked 3,221 Times in 757 Posts
atomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputation

1. a certain girl

2. top surgery
atomiczombie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to atomiczombie For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2010, 07:22 AM   #57
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
If you're in the market for a mean and eccentric Canadian cousin, drop me a line.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:58 AM   #58
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsarecool View Post
I would like a new queen sized bed with memory foam pillow top. And satin sheets and matching comforter. It would be awesome to sleep (or whatever ) on a bed like that. Cats would like it too
Kats.....we have this bed, and it's magnificent. Splurge....you're worth it!
Old 11-15-2010, 08:08 AM   #59
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Since I have family I don't like or talk to, I decided years ago family isn't about blood relatives
With that said, I've made my own family over the years and enjoy them very much
I think many of us have found each other for that reason
It doesn't have to be a holiday to enjoy the family feeling
Come on down our way and some of us will show you a family built on love and mutual respect not blood

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2010, 08:13 AM   #60
waxnrope
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 5/27/2011
Preferred Pronoun?:
hy ho, hy ho; he, she, it, whatever
Relationship Status:
Going slow ...

Thanked 2,958 Times in 953 Posts
waxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputation

I'd like to see my sister once more. It is difficult right now to get a plane ticket that isn't outrageous. Even January or February would do. She just needs to hang on til I get there. And, I'd like to be able to send her one of those snuggly warm thingys that are cocoon-like because she is cold all the time. She could get into it and watch her daily reruns of Judge Judy while falling into her daily nap I can't find this item cause I don't know what it is called

I would love it if Bet got her floor problem fixed before Heroine comes swooping into this thread. And Transman was delivered a family, sans gift wrap It would be nice to explore Miss Diva's relative family offer, too

I'd like a pair of vintage grey flannel trousers for myself. A Christmas tree cause I love the smell. And, while I'm being greedy, a chance to stop at Wizarding World on the way back from Switzerland (where my sister lives) because I love Harry Potter, and to hold a certain girl in my arms.

That is all
waxnrope is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to waxnrope For This Useful Post: