Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 10-24-2010, 02:32 PM   #61
katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,765 Times in 734 Posts
katsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isadora View Post
Almost a year ago I found a lump while doing a self examine in the shower. It was a definite lump. No matter how many times I felt for it, it was still there. I can't even list the emotions I went through while awaiting a mammogram.

I get them about every year. I was emotionally frightened and had just seen a good friend go through a radical mastectomy. It was a scary scary time. I got an ultra sound and it waus found to be a cycst. But the fear and realizing how, as a femme, how important my breasts are to me. I love them.

I get a mammogram and a pap smear every year. Every. Year.
Isadora! I know how you feel. I found a lump in my left breast when I was 29; before we knew my mother had breast cancer that she did not survive. It was a cyst as welll. But that two weeks period from finding the lump till the onocologist called it benign was a very scarey time! I had three small children then and worried about what would happen if I got sick. Glad your lump was ok and that you are taking good care of yourself!

This thread could indeed save lives!!!
Old 10-24-2010, 02:44 PM   #62
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

InfiniteFemme. You are a testament to why we have Patient's Rights, and having knowledge about what goes on. One hell of a ride, and you stay behind the driving wheel with the pedal to the metal. Hoping all goes well and the reconstruction and removal of bad stuff will help in the long course of crap you have been through.

Back in the day, before core/stereotactic systems, I had a Methylene Blue Injection chasing a disappearing mass, and numerous films (before MRI existed) then subsequent exploratory surgery. They found the blue, and a benign cyst. It was an experience I dread repeating ever again, and especially every year, so, can't imagine what you must go through.

Please let us know when you go for the Op , I'll send candy, flowers, and a cutie pie. :wink:
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2010, 03:00 PM   #63
Julie

How Do You Identify?:
Angel * Femme * Lesbian * Girl * Woman * Slut * Bitch *
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No longer a Virgin Bride to Dreamer ~ May 17th, 2014

Thanked 18,160 Times in 3,633 Posts
Julie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
InfiniteFemme. You are a testament to why we have Patient's Rights, and having knowledge about what goes on. One hell of a ride, and you stay behind the driving wheel with the pedal to the metal. Hoping all goes well and the reconstruction and removal of bad stuff will help in the long course of crap you have been through.

Back in the day, before core/stereotactic systems, I had a Methylene Blue Injection chasing a disappearing mass, and numerous films (before MRI existed) then subsequent exploratory surgery. They found the blue, and a benign cyst. It was an experience I dread repeating ever again, and especially every year, so, can't imagine what you must go through.

Please let us know when you go for the Op , I'll send candy, flowers, and a cutie pie. :wink:

Tommi - I am blessed and most fortunate, that I am able to go through this every year. In January - I get MRI, Mammo and U.S. - In July I get an U.S. and that is pretty much how it will be for the rest of my life - unless, of course I opt for a bilateral mastectomy and personally -- that is not an option in my world. I have thought about it, but why remove a perfectly healthy breast - right)?

I am one month not smoking - soooooooo... I will get the throat surgery done and then go see my plastic surgeon and schedule the reconstructive. Unless, I change my mind, which clearly is another option - because it is not the most pleasant surgery. BUT... Brand new perky teenage BOOBS?!? WOWOW I remember my surgeon telling me my prize - lol

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps4d9fb6c0.jpg

I Love You ~ I Love Us
May 17, 2014
Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Julie For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2010, 03:13 PM   #64
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

InfiniteFemme you made me smile.... and way to go all over the place by the way. You have my name and number if you want or need anything.

So , we will have some great stuff to celebrate during Breast Cancer Awareness month at the 2011 Reunion. Drinks are on me and I get to be the designated driver..and record all the fun
Old 10-27-2010, 06:06 PM   #65
katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

katsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputation

Mammogram done! It was painful not for sore breasts from say caffiene but the fibro made it almost unbearable especially those Side slanted shots. Now have to wait for 10 to 14 days. They have to send for my films in NC and then the doctor will evaluate the films and letter will go out. I guess this is the hard part. Waiting.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:55 PM   #66
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsarecool View Post
Mammogram done! It was painful not for sore breasts from say caffiene but the fibro made it almost unbearable especially those Side slanted shots. Now have to wait for 10 to 14 days. They have to send for my films in NC and then the doctor will evaluate the films and letter will go out. I guess this is the hard part. Waiting.
Good for you for going!
I have an appointment Tuesday for more views on the right side, and an ultrasound. Keeping fingers crossed it's nothing.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:24 PM   #67
katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

Fingers crossed for you Jo!
Old 10-28-2010, 10:04 PM   #68
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums
Default Awareness

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJo View Post
Good for you for going!
I have an appointment Tuesday for more views on the right side, and an ultrasound. Keeping fingers crossed it's nothing.
Maybe you just wiggled from that cold metal. Hoping that it is just a blurry image.
Stay in touch.

Bumping this most valuable thread.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2010, 12:09 AM   #69
katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

I don't know what the heck is wrong with me. I waited four years before getting the recent mammo knowing all too well how important it is. I was reluctant to do it because well I will admit it; I am not too certain what my life is worth for the past several years. A lot of health issues with a lot of pain has made me weary most days. And now that it is done and I have to wait for up to two weeks I am anxious. I just might be more concerned about how much time I have hear on this planet but I sure wish the quality of life would improve.
Old 11-01-2010, 05:18 PM   #70
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I don't know what the heck is wrong with me. I waited four years before getting the recent mammo knowing all too well how important it is. I was reluctant to do it because well I will admit it; I am not too certain what my life is worth for the past several years. A lot of health issues with a lot of pain has made me weary most days. And now that it is done and I have to wait for up to two weeks I am anxious. I just might be more concerned about how much time I have hear on this planet but I sure wish the quality of life would improve.
I can certainly understand this kats There are days that I get completely discouraged with the diabetes (and all of its fun side effects and lifestyle impacts). Being a mom of a young son is honestly what has kept me putting one foot in front of the other many times...and I've put off lots of medical testing because it was just hard to care sometimes. I'm proud of you for taking the test, and taking care of yourself, especially when it's painful and difficult. Big hugs!
Old 11-01-2010, 05:24 PM   #71
katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
I can certainly understand this kats There are days that I get completely discouraged with the diabetes (and all of its fun side effects and lifestyle impacts). Being a mom of a young son is honestly what has kept me putting one foot in front of the other many times...and I've put off lots of medical testing because it was just hard to care sometimes. I'm proud of you for taking the test, and taking care of yourself, especially when it's painful and difficult. Big hugs!
Thank you Jo!!!! Looking forward to hearing good results for your tests too!!!! Crossing fingers for us both!!!
Old 11-01-2010, 06:19 PM   #72
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Thanked 7,501 Times in 1,850 Posts
sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

i did it !!
my appointment got moved to today, but i did it!!
and it went much quicker than i expected..
but i'm so glad i did it now, ♥ :-)

my facebook weight loss page:
http://www.facebook.com/asyllyjourney
sylvie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2010, 12:49 PM   #73
katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvie View Post

i did it !!
Yeah!!!! You did it!!! I just got a call from my doctor's office about my mammo. Abnormalities in the left breast. I am scheduled for an ultrasound on the 12th. I am not too concerned as the manual breast exam showed nothing a few weeks ago. But my mother died of this disease at the age of 55. Grrrrr!!! Now have to wait nine more days for this part.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:44 PM   #74
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Quote:
Yeah!!!! You did it!!! I just got a call from my doctor's office about my mammo. Abnormalities in the left breast. I am scheduled for an ultrasound on the 12th. I am not too concerned as the manual breast exam showed nothing a few weeks ago. But my mother died of this disease at the age of 55. Grrrrr!!! Now have to wait nine more days for this part.
The good news is that the ultrasound is a breeze compared to the mammo....a little cold and sticky is all

I had my follow-up appointment and they really had to squish me... ....now I'm just waiting for the results.

Sending you big hugs and ....here's to good news for both of us.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:50 PM   #75
katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
The good news is that the ultrasound is a breeze compared to the mammo....a little cold and sticky is all

I had my follow-up appointment and they really had to squish me... ....now I'm just waiting for the results.

Jo, I have you in my thoughts every single day!!!!! We will overcome!!!! Thank you for the loving support!!!! Tommi you too sweet one!
Old 11-03-2010, 08:30 PM   #76
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvie View Post

i did it !!

Quote:
Just do target practice while ya wait..
Quote:

Quote:
Jo, I have you in my thoughts every single day!!!!! We will overcome!!!! Thank you for the loving support!!!! Tommi you too sweet one!
Moonbeam kisses and sunshine wishes to you

Well, here we go. It is now November and we are doing the follow-ups on October's Breast Health Awareness. What a wonderful way to treat ourselves. Self-care is so good for our Planet ya know. Love you all for taking that cold hard challenge and stepping up to the plate. (X-ray plate that is). and to those still waiting and still more to do, my bestest wishes from da
The Following User Says Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2010, 05:45 AM   #77
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Thanked 15,248 Times in 3,064 Posts
Andrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST Reputation

Please vote daily: Army of Women $250,000 to use towards a cure for breast cancer from Pepsi.

Thank you,
Andrea

What we think about and thank about, we bring about!

Today I will treat my body with love and respect.
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrea For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2010, 09:32 AM   #78
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums
Arrow Early Detection: National Cancer Institute

"Other than skin cancer, breast cancer is the most common type of cancer among women in the United States. An estimated 207,100 new cases of breast cancer in women will be diagnosed in 2010, according to the National Cancer Institute."

Glad we are here. **

Thanks Medusa and Jack for the Planet and the place to put reminders.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2010, 12:30 PM   #79
katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

I just got back from the hospital where I was to go for the ultrasound. Another mammogram was done and there is a lesion in the left breast next to the chest wall. Radiologist said there is a slighter higher than 50%chance I have breast cancer. Next step is with a surgeon for a biopsy. It is very small, no mass and she ...said it is very early and there is a good chance it can come out with the biopsy. Strangely calm.
Old 11-12-2010, 01:44 PM   #80
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Quote:
I just got back from the hospital where I was to go for the ultrasound. Another mammogram was done and there is a lesion in the left breast next to the chest wall. Radiologist said there is a slighter higher than 50%chance I have breast cancer. Next step is with a surgeon for a biopsy. It is very small, no mass and she ...said it is very early and there is a good chance it can come out with the biopsy. Strangely calm.
((((( kats ))))) Well...this sucks. The good news is that it was caught early, which dramatically increases the likelihood that it can be treated successfully. I'm sooooooo glad that you didn't put off your mammogram for another few years.

Please keep us posted, and know that we're all here for you if you need to vent, cry, talk...whatever.

I went for my second mammo and the ultrasound, and haven't heard a peep from anyone. My follow-up appointment with the doctor is Tuesday (right before I hop on a plane for a 3 day business trip to AZ). I'm hoping that their silence is a good sign....but I'll let you all know either way.