How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/24/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Thanked 7,109 Times in 2,327 Posts
SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metropolis View Post
Hey SF..

What list?
Of Dykes/Lesbians to watch out for.
SuperFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SuperFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2010, 03:01 PM   #2
Jett

How Do You Identify?:
Hardcore bullheaded grown-ass Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
she loves my shaggy hair

Location: The backroom of a night cafe plotting world domination
Thanked 3,299 Times in 568 Posts
Jett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFemme View Post
Of Dykes/Lesbians to watch out for.
Apparently Bulldog has the list... but be careful I think she's trying to make the #1 spot... she stole my cupcake over at Junes...
The Following User Says Thank You to Jett For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2010, 03:26 PM   #3
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,781 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Apparently Bulldog has the list... but be careful I think she's trying to make the #1 spot... she stole my cupcake over at Junes...
I guess my drag king disguise didn't work!

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2010, 03:36 PM   #4
Jett

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
she loves my shaggy hair

Jett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDog View Post
I guess my drag king disguise didn't work!

LMAO... yeah like that, real inconspicuous...
The Following User Says Thank You to Jett For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2010, 03:40 PM   #5
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,662 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

The leaping lesbian song! And Ode to A Gym Teacher. I'd dig the old albums out of the attic but I have nothing to play them on. Whatever happened to Meg Christian? Robin Tyler? Tret Frue(?) Lucy Blue Trembley? Cris Williamson?

I like many terms that describe lesbians especially dyke! If someone calls me a dyke, I always thank them for noticing.

I dont care for queer...its too non descriptive. Or bull (fill in word of choice) ....its an animal rights thing.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2010, 07:37 PM   #6
Jett

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
she loves my shaggy hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post
The leaping lesbian song! And Ode to A Gym Teacher. I'd dig the old albums out of the attic but I have nothing to play them on. Whatever happened to Meg Christian? Robin Tyler? Tret Frue(?) Lucy Blue Trembley? Cris Williamson?

I like many terms that describe lesbians especially dyke! If someone calls me a dyke, I always thank them for noticing.

I dont care for queer...its too non descriptive. Or bull (fill in word of choice) ....its an animal rights thing.

Hmmm... I must be a bad dyke, I've never heard of any of these people. Heh, actually I got razzed because I didn't know who the Indigo Girls were until last year.

But Linda Perry... 4nonBlondes and after.... that's another story altogether, yowza...

Does that count?

*more rock & roll*
Metro
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jett For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2010, 08:17 PM   #7
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,662 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Maybe its a generation gap thing. I never heard of Linda Perry or 4 nonblondes and after. lol.

Quote:
Hmmm... I must be a bad dyke, I've never heard of any of these people. Heh, actually I got razzed because I didn't know who the Indigo Girls were until last year.

But Linda Perry... 4nonBlondes and after.... that's another story altogether, yowza...

Does that count?

*more rock & roll*
Metro

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2010, 08:50 PM   #8
Jett

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
she loves my shaggy hair

I was invited by some old friends to the Michigan fest a few years back, but I won't go there because they don't allow some women in, namely those of a trans experience.

(I probably wouldn't go anyway, not my thing so much, but that pretty much clinches it)

*seriously not a stick in the mud just sayin'*
Metro
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jett For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2010, 03:51 PM   #9
Bohemian Rhapsody

How Do You Identify?:
Stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,princess
Relationship Status:
possibly disillusioned, too stubborn to quit

Bohemian Rhapsody Has the BEST ReputationBohemian Rhapsody Has the BEST ReputationBohemian Rhapsody Has the BEST ReputationBohemian Rhapsody Has the BEST ReputationBohemian Rhapsody Has the BEST ReputationBohemian Rhapsody Has the BEST ReputationBohemian Rhapsody Has the BEST ReputationBohemian Rhapsody Has the BEST ReputationBohemian Rhapsody Has the BEST ReputationBohemian Rhapsody Has the BEST ReputationBohemian Rhapsody Has the BEST Reputation
Default Lesbian...yes

Dyke, no...why? hell if I know, I just feel femme and consider the word Dyke as describing someone "Butch". Most straight folk I know call me dyke in a derogatory sense, they use my appearance as a compass ( heavily tatted and pierced) so... I'll just wear my t-shirt that says '" I'm not a Dyke but my girlfriend is". For what ever reason, I dont find the word offensive if a LGBT uses it.
Bohemian Rhapsody is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bohemian Rhapsody For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2010, 04:25 PM   #10
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

I honestly try not to use either.

I agree with the ones that say the "straight" world seems to refer to us all (our community) as lesbians or dykes. I however, do not feel i am either.

I identify as a gay femme. That is what I prefer. So many labels ...so little time....
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2010, 04:33 PM   #11
Random

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 5,326 Times in 1,379 Posts
Random Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST Reputation

While the word lesbian doesn't fit resound with me..

I am a big old queer femme dyke..
Old 05-26-2010, 05:05 PM   #12
CherylNYC

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm a woman. Behave accordingly.
Relationship Status:
Single, not looking.

Thanked 7,150 Times in 1,206 Posts
CherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST Reputation

Count me in! If I don't make it onto The List I'm gonna kick somebody's ass!

I will answer to lesbian, dyke, gay, and/or queer. I usually end up using whichever word seems right in the moment, but 'lesbian' and 'dyke' are my clear faves.

When I'm speaking to queer people who think that 'lesbian' is somehow pejorative, (usually the younger, genderqueer crowd), I make a point of calling myself a LESBIAN FEMINIST. Then I wait for one of them to say something, anything, stupid. I admit to puerile joy watching them squirm in the aftermath.

When I'm speaking to people who ID as stonebutch or stonefemme who think that their stone ID means that they could not possible be lesbians, I make sure to call myself a stonefemme lesbian.

When I'm speaking to lesbians who would prefer me to assimilate I call myself a dyke. Relentlessly.

BUT, if I ever find myself using the word 'dyke' in a work environment, or anywhere else where straight people might hear me, I make a point of telling them that they are NOT allowed to use that word.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:52 PM   #13
Sam
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 2/11/2011
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
I'll let you know

Sam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbelle View Post
I honestly try not to use either.

I agree with the ones that say the "straight" world seems to refer to us all (our community) as lesbians or dykes. I however, do not feel i am either.

I identify as a gay femme. That is what I prefer. So many labels ...so little time....
femme

Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 03:33 PM   #14
JustBeingMe

How Do You Identify?:
as ME
Relationship Status:
I don't need no stinking status.

Thanked 1,691 Times in 694 Posts
JustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST Reputation

This is a lesbian owned bed and breakfast located off the San Marcos River, just outside of Austin. www.riverbarnsuites.com. The owner has kayaks for use and takes you on kayak rides down the river if the river is up enough. IT's a really nice place.