Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Careers, Work, Business

Old 04-03-2012, 05:48 PM   #41
PaPa

How Do You Identify?:
GQ Butch Daddy
Relationship Status:
A Very Protective BIG Daddy...

Thanked 5,873 Times in 1,530 Posts
PaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST Reputation

I am about to embark on a journey back into drug and alcohol counseling. I did well in that before, but that is not where I want to remain for long. It will, however, get me the required hours to fulfill my master's practicum and internship.

I would like to finish out my current degree and move on for the doctorate in Vocational Rehabilitation Counseling at the University of Pittsburgh.

After that degree, I would like to eventually teach and receive tenure and become a contractor performing assessments for either workman's compensation or a state vocational rehabilitation agency.
PaPa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to PaPa For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2012, 06:02 PM   #42
thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore
Tournaments Won: 4

Thanked 11,662 Times in 2,292 Posts
thedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default My professional goals

1. Decide on a thesis topic and STICK TO IT!
2. Help our little homeless outreach become a fully functioning 501(c)3.
3. Finish my MPA in May 2013.
4. Qualify for a Foreign Service job through the State Department and live all over the world furthering our diplomatic initiatives.

(in that order)

For now, this is it. Things always change, but I've been accomplishing a lot over the last year (suddenly becoming single will do that to you), and I'm going to keep that momentum going!
thedivahrrrself is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to thedivahrrrself For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2012, 02:45 PM   #43
thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore
Tournaments Won: 4

Thanked 11,662 Times in 2,292 Posts
thedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Funny, I was thinking of starting a thread titled exactly this, and then I realized I posted here several months ago...

My life has changed a lot in the last 5 months since I posted the above.

Still working on my MPA, though many days I wonder why. Just to finish, I suppose.

But I got hired on by an organization that is a dynamic and amazing little group of people. My boss has amassed a small empire just by knowing what she wants and going after it. So, I was tasked to think of some personal and professional goals. BIG ones. And they will help me craft a way to get there.

So, first, I want to be amazing at what I do. There's a big learning curve, but I am kicking ass and taking names so far, so I believe this is possible.

Next, I want to make enough money to afford limitless travel. This means not buying that amazing house that JAGG rebuilt that I want SO badly (there are two closets in every room!!), but staying in my tiny house with my tiny mortgage payment and bumping up my savings. And banking TONS of skymiles. Doing well on the skymiles so far.

Third, figure out a way to have multiple income streams. Everyone I know who is doing well is doing well because they have more than one source of revenue. I can't just bank on my salary and my commission. I have to figure out other ways to make my money work for me.

Fourth, I must, MUST, prioritize my time, particularly with finishing school this year. I've got to outsource the things I can. Cleaning, for instance, is not good use of my time. My time is valuable, and I can make more money working in those hours than it would cost to have someone clean. I'm starting to realize the value of those things that I always thought were frivolous. The added benefit of reducing my stress level and environmental allergens will only add to my overall productivity.

So, basically, I'm changing my way of thinking. I'm re-evaluating what I thought possible, and I finally have people who see my potential and are determined to help me realize it. I'm lucky, but I also worked my ass off to get here, so I'm proud. I'm building my empire one brick at a time.
thedivahrrrself is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to thedivahrrrself For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2012, 04:44 PM   #44
firegal

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't let the gal part of my screen name fool ya I,m ALL butch!

1 Highscore

Thanked 11,735 Times in 2,469 Posts
firegal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Retire....Ive accomplished mine..... or all ive been able to!

My career has had a emphasis on addressing the glass ceiling and road blocks facing women in the fire service.

The fire service is better but has STILL alot of room for improvement.But it is ALMOST time for me to step aside and hand the reins to a less seasoned person with fresh ideas!

It doesnt feel right to list what i achieved... but some things were breached that had never had the female experience.

So now my goal is to someday work part time at home depot...tools...wood...paint...I,ll be in heaven!
firegal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to firegal For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2012, 09:10 PM   #45
aishah

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme shark baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, little one
Relationship Status:
dating myself.

1 Highscore

Thanked 6,437 Times in 1,288 Posts
aishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputation

my goals have changed somewhat i'm hoping to get an apprenticeship at the acupuncture clinic where i volunteer, and eventually work there. if i'm able to finish an apprenticeship there and get a job i would have a pretty stable working class income plus the potential for retirement...and it would be more money than i've ever made per year in my life, in an environment i love, helping people who need access to low cost health care, with a schedule that works pretty well with my access needs/disabilities.

i'm also working with some friends to potentially open up a youth center here, and i would continue doing community organizing and consulting and speaking and stuff on the side (and possibly continue doing sex work on the side too). but i love the community i am with at the acupuncture clinic and that's much more stable, plus i really enjoy it.
aishah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to aishah For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2012, 09:46 PM   #46
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,366 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

I probably won't be able to retire before I keel over, but I want to finish some stuff. I want to be "highly qualified" in English, Math, Social Studies, and Science. It's possible. I just got my Autism Add-on credential this year, so that is done. Otherwise, professionally, that's it. I want to get better at my job, have a bigger and better tool box, learn more about more kinds of disabilities and how to work with the kids who have them.

Most of my ambitions are not work related. Health, spirituality, recreation -- that stuff.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2012, 10:05 PM   #47
pinkgeek

How Do You Identify?:
that grrl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, grrl, piranha, monkey
Relationship Status:
captured....

Thanked 1,456 Times in 311 Posts
pinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputation

Not much has changed in the last few years.. Closer and closer and closer..

**Finish nursing school, a masters in pub. health, bioethics and be an NP.
**Use every resource I have made over the years to support and participate in fighting for an AIDS free generation.

I'm very lucky that my 2nd career is a passion, just like my first.

"I‘m heir to madness. Vessel of perversion. Your nightmare should you cross me."

((Want to read about my life in Hawaii and my ongoing war against the roosters and my pony size dog and my wedding?)) http://www.alohafemme.wordpress.com/
pinkgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pinkgeek For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2012, 10:18 PM   #48
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,366 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

One post here reminded me of an acquaintance who retired from the police force. She had been one of the few women cops in that town for years, had the respect of the entire community, first woman detective yadda yadda.

BIG ole dyke. Anyway, she retired and went to work in a china shop. No kidding. That had been her dream. She consults with brides and grooms re their china patterns and sells porcelain tea sets to old ladies like me.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2012, 11:05 PM   #49
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,108 Times in 3,757 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

to change career fields and get out of a thankless, brain numbing, trapped -in, narrow area of health care management/policy and entitlement programs...there's got to be something that isn't filled with such burnout
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2012, 05:54 PM   #50
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I'm at a cross roads as far as what to do for school and a career. I've been wanting to be a nurse for so long, and yet now Ive found myself disillusioned with the medical field and their protocols. I also find it difficult to work in a female dominated field. Ive considered finishing my B.S in Psychology and then going to law school, or working as a probation officer or social worker. I've thought about getting my RN and working in hospice or home care. One thing I DO know that I want: I want to have a small farm (20acres or less) in NC and raise alpacas for fiber and breeding....and have chickens and pigs and ducks and all that too...that would be blissful to me
cinnamongrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2012, 07:52 PM   #51
txdoc
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
Wrangled

txdoc Has the BEST Reputationtxdoc Has the BEST Reputationtxdoc Has the BEST Reputationtxdoc Has the BEST Reputationtxdoc Has the BEST Reputationtxdoc Has the BEST Reputationtxdoc Has the BEST Reputationtxdoc Has the BEST Reputationtxdoc Has the BEST Reputationtxdoc Has the BEST Reputationtxdoc Has the BEST Reputation
Talking

At last I have a plan....
1. Retire in four years
2. Teach full-time at the university
3. Travel
txdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to txdoc For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2012, 08:41 PM   #52
Dance-with-me

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Thanked 1,926 Times in 378 Posts
Dance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST Reputation

1. Begin taking some higher math courses as refreshers (from 35+ years ago)
2. Consider working on Masters in Math Education
3. Try to get an adjunct position teaching math
all so that I can
4. Shift as soon as possible from teaching computer science to teaching math because math doesn't change every semester!!
Dance-with-me is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dance-with-me For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2012, 09:24 PM   #53
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

1. Retire in 5 years

2. Travel

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2012, 09:47 PM   #54
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

I'm considering other options, or having a nearly-to-midlife crisis...I'm not sure which...I don't have any concrete plans to change things tomorrow, but there are just days at work when I think, hmmm....20+ years in customer service...Can I really do this until retirement?

I work for a great company, I'm a great employee, good at my job, completely thankful to be employed and payed well, but job satisfaction is slowing circling the drain on most days...

I want to help the people who need it, but I'm not given the tools to make that possible, and the lack of empathy of my co-workers towards helpless people is disgusting to me. Meanwhile, there seems to be an influx of customers who are ungrateful, demanding, have an unearned sense of entitlement, and are mostly without any sense of couth or respect for others. Somehow, they are able to get help for themselves every month, but when the pot finally runs dry, they seem to think it is okay to pin the blame on me, when they have made zero effort to change their situation.

It is getting exhausting...

Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2012, 09:49 PM   #55
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isadora View Post
Retirement.
You know, I feel like this is my focus more and more, even though I am only 42. I think it is mainly because I met my initial professional goal(s) early in my career and nothing else is exciting me. The goal(s) haven't really shifted. I like what I am doing, but I admit that I feel sort of stuck. I had some recent plans to add to my education, but this path is not really an option for me at this time and the passion required is not really there, either.

At least I am doing what I can in terms of stretching myself in order to retire on time. TF and I will be purchasing a house in the next year and will be combining our households. We will be purchasing a house that is below our means. We will continue to save and hopefully increase our savings even though it will stretch us. We are fortunate that her son is getting his first two years of his Bachelor's degree on the cheap, so the rest of his Bachelor's degree will be more financially manageable.

Ok, so I got off of professional goals...how about life goals? Here's to doing everything you can to retire at 67 (ish?)!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2012, 10:52 PM   #56
femmeandstrong

How Do You Identify?:
just me...imperfect but warm-hearted me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
I am alright and still smiling - keeping my eyes on what lasts and matters

Thanked 1,040 Times in 279 Posts
femmeandstrong Has the BEST Reputationfemmeandstrong Has the BEST Reputationfemmeandstrong Has the BEST Reputationfemmeandstrong Has the BEST Reputationfemmeandstrong Has the BEST Reputationfemmeandstrong Has the BEST Reputationfemmeandstrong Has the BEST Reputationfemmeandstrong Has the BEST Reputationfemmeandstrong Has the BEST Reputationfemmeandstrong Has the BEST Reputationfemmeandstrong Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancie View Post
What have you set out to accomplish?

How will you know when you have been successful?

when i can work per diem as a nurse and do mostly free lance photography...
femmeandstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to femmeandstrong For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2012, 06:26 AM   #57
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancie View Post
What have you set out to accomplish?

How will you know when you have been successful?
When I first became an RN, my goal was simply to help people. From bedside nursing, I worked my way up the ladder to charge nurse, to nurse manager, to Director of QI/Risk Management and Utilization Management. Finally, a DON.

I got sick of the politics and bullshit one has to wade through in the upper levels of management, left and went back to seeing patients again in home health and finally, case management.

I remained in case management, working with clients, for the last 12 years. It was easy, low stress, productive, satisfying and rewarding to help those with chronic physical and mental illnesses.

Out of the blue, I was offered a position back in management and I was seduced by the money. I think about retiring in 5 years and know the increase will help a lot toward that end. It is a heck of a lot of work and the company is very disorganized compared to where I came from. I feel a little like a fish out of water.

I had already felt like I had achieved success and accomplishment in my career. I am beginning to worry that at this point in my life, with the hellish year I have had-physically and mentally-I may have finally bitten off more than I can or want to chew.

The jury is still out for me as to the soundness of my decision.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2012, 10:15 AM   #58
Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Neither, nada, out of the box
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

Thanked 7,246 Times in 1,416 Posts
Gráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST Reputation

In the short term, I'm going to be tutoring ESL adults through a literacy program, but ultimately I'm getting my ESL teaching certification. Not sure how to mesh that with the sciences, but I thougt it would be valuable if/when I choose to teach overseas.

In the (very) long term, I think I've lost my collective marbles. I'm going to take the GRE and go back for my M.S./Ph.D in geology or maybe even something like planetary science
Old 10-04-2012, 01:31 PM   #59
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by guihong View Post
In the short term, I'm going to be tutoring ESL adults through a literacy program, but ultimately I'm getting my ESL teaching certification. Not sure how to mesh that with the sciences, but I thougt it would be valuable if/when I choose to teach overseas.

In the (very) long term, I think I've lost my collective marbles. I'm going to take the GRE and go back for my M.S./Ph.D in geology or maybe even something like planetary science

I think that's so cool, Guihong—both parts!

I worked in literacy for about 15 years, and I have so much respect for ESOL teachers.

In NYC, most programs prefer ESOL teachers to have a master's degree in TESOL, but there are also a lot of people with have certificates that are respected, like the Princeton one, and others.

I went to the TESOL conference when it was in New York a few years ago, and was high off the energy! One researcher claimed that most English-language textbooks promote a "feminized" version of English; for example, in which the speaker asks questions to elicit more from the speaker, not to insert his or her own point of view—it's so culturally loaded!!! I love it.

This is an exciting time to go into that field, and with what's happening with immigration politics, it's almost a political statement just to do that kind of work ...

The geology part is interesting too. Would you teach? Or do research? I don't even know what people do with a geology degree. I bet the MTA (transit authority in NYC), hired geologists as consultants when they dig tunnels... someone's gotta understand what this earth is made of!!!!
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ginger For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2012, 06:44 AM   #60
Venus007

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Serene Highness ;}
Relationship Status:
Dreamily contemplating some outrage against conventional morality

Thanked 4,767 Times in 1,144 Posts
Venus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST Reputation
Default Moving forward

So I have done all my previous goals, well almost all. I did get a job making more money but not quite the beaucoup money one yet. Which brings me to my next set...
1. Master RAC audit appeals and RAC management
2. Master Inpatient coding and DRG auditing
3. Get a job making beaucoup money with my new and improved very in demand skills.
4. Continue teaching and speaking about ICD-10 (thank you CMS for giving me another year to work that training)
5. Get my Master's without student loans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus007 View Post
My goals are the next step in my plan for a master's degree and getting a job teaching that actually pays similarly to what I could make in the health care industry. . .

This year is a busy year . . .
1. Become a certified ICD-10 trainer, scheduled for July
2. Sit for and pass my RHIT, scheduled for June
3. Get a job making beaucoup dough so I can fiance the end of my degrees without student loans, (after 1 and 2)
4. Run ICD-10 training seminars around the US (after 1 and 2)

"So you'll die happily for your sins. You'd rather die in guilt then live in love?" Timothy Leary
Venus007 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Venus007 For This Useful Post: