lusciouskiwi

How Do You Identify?:
femme lesbian feminist
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything except for "aunty"
Relationship Status:
Happy with my butch.

Thanked 9,096 Times in 1,899 Posts
lusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputation

The assignments for my class "Teaching Reading and Writing" are actually 4 tasks and one assignment.

I've just completed task #2 - only a week and a bit overdue But so glad it's off my back!

task 1 = 15%
task 2 = 10%
task 3 = 5% if it's late get automatic 0%
task 4 = 10%

and the assignment is worth ... yup, 60% Will do either a "review of research, theory and practice on an issue affecting the teaching of reading and/or writing and show the pratical applications to your teaching situation" or "design a unit of work on reading or writing which is ready to use. Comment on the features of your design." I did say to the lecturer that I wanted to do research (that's another choice) but he felt that there wasn't enough time to get all the research permission stuff organised. Hmmm wondre if he was fobbing me off? He suggested instead that I do the review and then when/if I do a research class, I've already done half the work.

task 3 is due this Friday but will get on to it tomorrow (Wed). Friday is a public holiday so I have three days to knuckle down and catch up on the readings. Actually, come to think of it, I have to crank out #3 tomorrow because we have a work meeting Thursday afternoon ... suppose I still have up to lunchtime Fri to submit. Have to write a model book report on a graded reader and respond to two others'.

Alrighty, going to CHILL OUT for the rest of the evening and not. feel. guilty!

Risk! Risk anything! Care no more for the opinions of others, for those voices. Do the hardest thing on earth for you. Act for yourself. Face the truth. Katherine Mansfield

Motivate yourself or be miserable. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice. Wayne Dyer
lusciouskiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lusciouskiwi For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2012, 08:33 PM   #42
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Thanked 7,501 Times in 1,850 Posts
sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

i am really starting to get excited about school now.
At first i was nervous, now it's pure excitement..
i need to go shopping for a stethoscope and bandage scissors, some all navy blue scrubs and white nursing shoes once back..
Then i need to go pick up my books at the College, get my class schedule and tie up any loose ends....

i found out that i will be taking my labs and clinicals at the University rather than the college.. That's a good thing, distancewise...

And all of this is such GOOD things for Us and Our future...
So giving this my all!

my facebook weight loss page:
http://www.facebook.com/asyllyjourney
sylvie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2012, 08:35 PM   #43
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

So exciting!

I am really stoked to be back in the books but just realized I have several hours worth of study ahead of me this weekend if I want to get ahead of the game in time for Reunion.

There are 3 tests scheduled during the time I will be at Reunion. Luckily, I can take them all online but it will mean I need to be prepped way before then and at least have some very good notes ready.

Yikes!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2012, 03:31 PM   #44
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

Oh my. Oh my. Ohhhhhhh my.

Tomorrow is my first day!
i have to be on the University campus by 830am.
i went to take care of the loan business today, went to work and checked in with my boss about getting different hours around my course load, and then went shopping for the few things i need for my first day tomorrow.. (Agenda, pens, etc........)

Still have time to shop for my stethoscope and supplies, i want to be sure i get everything i need in one swoop, so should have a final list tomorrow once i meet the faculty...

*takes a deep breath*
i've got this!!! Excited, and SO ready for this.
YAY!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2012, 03:50 PM   #45
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

I've been in school less than 3 weeks and have had 4 quizzes and one big test. I am carrying a perfect score in all of my classes so far but I definitely have developed some anxiety about performing.

Loving being back in school and getting to meet so many interesting folks!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2012, 04:21 PM   #46
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedivahrrrself View Post
I have determined that after my masters degree, I'm going to be functionally illiterate. I used to enjoy reading; now it is a chore.

hehe. when I was in school for my bachelors in Criminology just over a year ago I hardly ever read. Just enough to do the homework. So I'm the opposite with this and since my studies are very interesting to me I have to take the time now to go back and actually read and enjoy my books.

I am considering going back to school again sometime. What I'm trying to figure out is what to do to make it a lifelong career. I'm thinking either a double major in Psychology also or a Masters in some sort of Law Enforcement.

I would love to get into teaching!

Great thread and great shares!
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ruffryder For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2012, 04:52 PM   #47
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

It was such a wonderful first day as a brand spankin' new college girl.
Today was Orientation day, got to know my instructors, and got a tour of the labs, which i loved.
It's laid out like a hospital with beds, patients (mannequins) and all of the hospital gear for practice.. We got the lists of everything we need, specifically, from medical instruments to scrubs and colors to book list..
We had opportunities to get to know the other students, and got our workbooks and forms to fill out and hand in, etc.

i need to set up a complete physical, a criminal check and get my immunizations forms to hand in from my doctor, and need to get all of my things ready before my first lab and clinical.

i have classes Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, all day and got my schedule for the entire year...

Anatomy and Physiology will be the hardest subjects i think out of the long list of them.. i am really looking forward to getting into this though, i really, really enjoyed my first day!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2012, 05:02 PM   #48
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvie View Post
It was such a wonderful first day as a brand spankin' new college girl.
Today was Orientation day, got to know my instructors, and got a tour of the labs, which i loved.
It's laid out like a hospital with beds, patients (mannequins) and all of the hospital gear for practice.. We got the lists of everything we need, specifically, from medical instruments to scrubs and colors to book list..
We had opportunities to get to know the other students, and got our workbooks and forms to fill out and hand in, etc.

i need to set up a complete physical, a criminal check and get my immunizations forms to hand in from my doctor, and need to get all of my things ready before my first lab and clinical.

i have classes Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, all day and got my schedule for the entire year...

Anatomy and Physiology will be the hardest subjects i think out of the long list of them.. i am really looking forward to getting into this though, i really, really enjoyed my first day!
Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We NEED MORE NURSES!!!!

You will be a FANTASTIC NURSE!!!!!! I'm so proud of you!!!!!!!!

Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2012, 05:07 PM   #49
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbelle View Post
Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We NEED MORE NURSES!!!!

You will be a FANTASTIC NURSE!!!!!! I'm so proud of you!!!!!!!!

You so make me smile!
Thank you pretty lady, and coming from you, that's such a compliment!
i really do love what i do already, so going for Nursing only seems pretty right to me.. And i am so thankful for you & your offer to help.
Will so be calling you soon, by the way!
love to you both!

Old 09-07-2012, 05:50 PM   #50
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

Thanked 2,920 Times in 879 Posts
QueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by always2late View Post
*snip* Are you online by choice, or is that all that is available?

My Fall classes:
Speech Science I
Sign Language
Aging and the Law
Intro to Physical Science
It's online all the way for me, but it takes a LOT of discipline, so it isn't a good fit for everyone. I enjoyed classroom when I attended, but I don't have the time or availability for that now. I need the flexibility of online classes.

"There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way." Christopher Morley
QueenofSmirks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to QueenofSmirks For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2012, 05:57 PM   #51
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

Thanked 2,920 Times in 879 Posts
QueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffryder View Post
hehe. when I was in school for my bachelors in Criminology just over a year ago I hardly ever read. Just enough to do the homework. So I'm the opposite with this and since my studies are very interesting to me I have to take the time now to go back and actually read and enjoy my books.

I am considering going back to school again sometime. What I'm trying to figure out is what to do to make it a lifelong career. I'm thinking either a double major in Psychology also or a Masters in some sort of Law Enforcement.

I would love to get into teaching!

Great thread and great shares!
My major is psychology with minors in sociology and justice studies. I'm not enjoying the criminal justice portion though, and I'm not sure why. I was okay with criminolgy (sociology), but justice studies and forensic psychology kind of have me going "eh".

"There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way." Christopher Morley
QueenofSmirks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to QueenofSmirks For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2012, 03:10 PM   #52
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Tonight, i am up to my ears in homework.
But so needed to find an avenue to take a few minutes, get my thoughts together, figure out where i am at with all of this, evaluate and self- motivate, and then to be completely friggin' grateful.
So here i am.

Completely overwhelmed, but 100% loving it.
The only part i am having a hard time with is making the financial part of it work out.. i am doing this on my own. i've taken a small loan to pay the tuition, however i am working full time while doing full time studies and it's not balancing very well.. So i've had to let go of some work hours, which in turn is hard to make ends meet.. So, i'm stressing it.

HOWever, i am loving my classes so much.
Tonight i am working on some assignments that are due by tomorrow & Tuesday.. i have two tests on Tuesday as well, one on Medical Terminology and one on Anatomy and Physiology. And i have about 10 chapters to read, along with some modules to go through as well.. And exercises, and.........yeah, i'm overwhelmed, but SOOO loving it..

Regardless of how hard my courses are, regardless of how this is stepping way out of my comfort zone, and regardless of how chaotic and overwhelmed i am at this very moment, i am sitting here with the biggest smile on my face because i know i am SO loving that i am taking big steps forward in my career, AND knowing i am going to love every single bit of my first year of Nursing..

When people say ewwwww, no way.. i am saying i'll do it.. i cant wait to try things and learn, i'm loving this.. And so grateful for this opportunity!
i made a big decision today to further my nursing career, and i know this will be exactly what i want! i can do this.. i'll stress, i'll worry, i'll work really hard - but i've soo got this!

i hope you are all excelling and loving your courses so far!
Remember to breathe! i've been reminded tonight! It helps, muchly!

Old 09-12-2012, 03:15 PM   #53
chefhmboyrd

How Do You Identify?:
man
Preferred Pronoun?:
beef
Relationship Status:
Uncle Daddy Snap

Thanked 2,845 Times in 898 Posts
chefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Only a few short weeks to go and I will be a college graduate.......
this last term is the hardest.......

whew
then....
i get to back in Jan and start on the BS in IT
lol
BSHIT
haha haha
i love me some me........
Old 09-12-2012, 03:23 PM   #54
DamonK

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 7,762 Times in 1,881 Posts
DamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST Reputation

I realized school starts the day we fly home from the reunion.

Assuming all still goes well.

I'll know at the reunion if it went well
DamonK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DamonK For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2012, 12:15 PM   #55
chefhmboyrd

How Do You Identify?:
man
Preferred Pronoun?:
beef
Relationship Status:
Uncle Daddy Snap

Thanked 2,845 Times in 898 Posts
chefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
I've been in school less than 3 weeks and have had 4 quizzes and one big test. I am carrying a perfect score in all of my classes so far but I definitely have developed some anxiety about performing.

Loving being back in school and getting to meet so many interesting folks!
performance anxiety sucks
Old 09-13-2012, 12:33 PM   #56
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

Back in school after 30 years. Whee... did we really look that young at 19??? It has been interesting so far. Stress/ anxiety... immense excitement...

Good luck to everyone!
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2012, 04:14 PM   #57
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

i'm really surprising myself..
pulling some pretty good marks, loving the projects and essays..
and Lab days are SO great, i have learned so much already..
Information overload even!

Really lovin' my first year of nursing so far, and feeling more confident that i can do this..Pretty content with everything. The only struggle i am having right now, is time management & balance. my children (teenagers, 19 & 16) are making this really difficult on me. They don't help me around here at all, and now is when i could really use it..

i'm working a full time job, and going to school full time..
So, i really need to work on better time management, and reprogramming teenagers..heh

Otherwise, it's all starting to come together for me!
Anatomy and Physiology is hard, but definitely a fave course along with medical terminology.. Nursing concepts and elder concepts i'm really grooving as well.. Interpersonal Communications and has been interesting too!

It's not easy balancing everything, but i'm pretty proud of myself !.

Old 10-01-2012, 09:09 AM   #58
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

ACK!

The Reunion really put a kink in my study routine (and not the good kind of kink!). Luckily, the test I didnt study for that I had to take last Tuesday night was all multiple choice. I made a 99% but only because I had actually read the chapters once and the information sunk in as it was supposed to.

I have probably 6 hours worth of study ahead of me today before I take an online test tonight and need to get caught up on a significant amount of reading for another one on Thursday night.

Also have a group project due in another class and I seem to be the only one in our group with any sense of urgency around it being due on Wednesday!! I HATE group projects!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2012, 09:54 AM   #59
macele

How Do You Identify?:
a bold-assed maximus
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 3,239 Times in 849 Posts
macele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputation

i absolutely loved junior college. testing, it's a challenge. know the material and the challenge is fun lol. i didn't really learn to study until college. loved going to the mathematics building LOL. trig and literature classes (any), favorites. i could go back to those days.

i hope you all take it as far as you want it to go. good luck to you all. enjoy yourselves. gambaru!
macele is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to macele For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2012, 05:02 PM   #60
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Another Sunday full of study. Jackhammer works all day today which gives me a nice window to get the bulk of it done.

I had to read and test online for a chapter that ended up being 50 pages worth of shit.

Then on Tuesday night, I have another exam and 2 hours worth of lecture.

Then on Thursday night I have a unit test on 4 chapters and a live speech on our group project.

Then I have a huge paper due by Midnight Friday night.

This week is going to be CRAZY.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:

Tags
student