Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

Old 12-12-2009, 12:13 PM   #41
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 4,377 Times in 1,015 Posts
apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsDemeanor View Post
News Alert!!!!!

Major news sources are reporting that this story is still not news.

Details at 11.
there was another news flash, just prior, that reads: Tiger has one child, there's a single child involved. again, not childREN.
apretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 01:18 PM   #42
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I just a family picture with 2 children..... > > Linky Loo < <
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2009, 01:31 PM   #43
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/24/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Thanked 7,109 Times in 2,327 Posts
SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I have no idea why we are speculating about this STILL. For the love of velveeta.
Perhaps it is a negotiated thing?? Maybe Tiger gets to be a fuck monster whilst out of town? Maybe he golfs better after a meaningless blow job? Who cares?
SuperFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 01:31 PM   #44
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation

i apologize, clearly my source has been preoccupied with this business of the steelers. carry on.
The Following User Says Thank You to apretty For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2009, 01:33 PM   #45
Queerasfck

How Do You Identify?:
still ballin'
Relationship Status:
Triple X

Thanked 6,497 Times in 1,639 Posts
Queerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST Reputation
Exclamation Check your sources!

Quote:
Originally Posted by apretty View Post
i apologize, clearly my source has been preoccupied with this business of the steelers. carry on.

Being that the Steelers season is OVER this tiger is bored with sports and going to play with the new Q Smoker and my new ipod! My birthday kicked ass!
Queerasfck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 01:38 PM   #46
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I guess I care because he's a hero....and he has a gift I admire....and I feel sad....and I want to make some sense of it all....and I worry for his children....I worry for his marriage.....I care because so much hurt has come from this....

You're more than welcome not to care. But please don't criticize me for caring.

apretty....no worries whatsoever!
Old 12-12-2009, 01:43 PM   #47
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
I guess I care because he's a hero....and he has a gift I admire....and I feel sad....and I want to make some sense of it all....and I worry for his children....I worry for his marriage.....I care because so much hurt has come from this....

You're more than welcome not to care. But please don't criticize me for caring.
Right.
I did NOT criticize YOU Ms. Diva.
I just don't get how his marriage or children are any of our business.
He's a golf hero. Who has been training since he was four years old.

So please don't take it personally when I wonder about all the things we are inserting into the story when it's none of our business. Question your media sources who call this news. Care about the fact that the media has brought around so much hurt on this family.
Old 12-12-2009, 01:44 PM   #48
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFemme View Post
I have no idea why we are speculating about this STILL. For the love of velveeta.
Perhaps it is a negotiated thing?? Maybe Tiger gets to be a fuck monster whilst out of town? Maybe he golfs better after a meaningless blow job? Who cares?
that always occurs to me as well, when these "scandals" break--we (public) don't know these people and what their agreements are or aren't. (i mean, there's plenty of people on your block, in your own neighborhoods having affairs but no one's (thankfully) standing on their lawns.)

however, when you make billions being a public figure, the trade off is your anonymity.
Old 12-12-2009, 01:47 PM   #49
Plato
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
ProVerb
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Plato Has the BEST ReputationPlato Has the BEST ReputationPlato Has the BEST ReputationPlato Has the BEST ReputationPlato Has the BEST ReputationPlato Has the BEST ReputationPlato Has the BEST ReputationPlato Has the BEST ReputationPlato Has the BEST ReputationPlato Has the BEST ReputationPlato Has the BEST Reputation
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rook View Post
I think the answer's easy...
Whether they admit it or not, the Press adores sensationalism...
Let's put on a balance those stories....
A has-been who tries for a come-back with a uniquely talentless show getting so Drunk, he winds up hospitalized for 72 hrs [5150 is they hold u cuz you're a risk to yourself, and others, whether u like it or not, tight security measures to ensure u stay]....
Or....
A world-wide role-model, Bi-Racial Wealthy Sports Genius in a sport predominantly White, having a rather long affair, getting caught with his pants down in an accident, covering it and being a rather whiney petulant child in the process making matters worse for himself by being Non-Cooperative.....
hmmm
That depends where you live.
David Hasselhoff in Europe.
Plato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 01:48 PM   #50
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by apretty View Post
that always occurs to me as well, when these "scandals" break--we (public) don't know these people and what their agreements are or aren't. (i mean, there's plenty of people on your block, in your own neighborhoods having affairs but no one's (thankfully) standing on their lawns.)

however, when you make billions being a public figure, the trade off is your anonymity.
Yes to the anonymity, not so much to the privacy of your family. I know it is done over and over and over to the point is is now just nauseating. The sad part is that the public gobbles it up.
Old 12-12-2009, 01:53 PM   #51
Plato
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
ProVerb
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Plato Has the BEST ReputationPlato Has the BEST ReputationPlato Has the BEST ReputationPlato Has the BEST ReputationPlato Has the BEST ReputationPlato Has the BEST ReputationPlato Has the BEST ReputationPlato Has the BEST ReputationPlato Has the BEST ReputationPlato Has the BEST ReputationPlato Has the BEST Reputation
Exclamation

Quote:
Yes to the anonymity, not so much to the privacy of your family. I know it is done over and over and over to the point is is now just nauseating. The sad part is that the public gobbles it up.
That's what drives Capitalism....
Plato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 03:20 PM   #52
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Right.
I did NOT criticize YOU Ms. Diva.
I just don't get how his marriage or children are any of our business.
He's a golf hero. Who has been training since he was four years old.

So please don't take it personally when I wonder about all the things we are inserting into the story when it's none of our business. Question your media sources who call this news. Care about the fact that the media has brought around so much hurt on this family.

Well exactly.....hence my utter disbelief that the media was discussing his mental health and possible addiction to sex. I was APPALLED. HelLO????

Anymore, I'm muting the television when they run a story on him. It's on an "I-don't-need-to-know" basis.....

So I believe we are in an agreeablelistical relationship.

Here. Have a chainsaw. They're complimentary.
The Following User Says Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2009, 06:58 PM   #53
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:
Very PROUD BUTCH LESBIAN!

WILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST Reputation

I saw this thread start and haven't read a good bit of it.

This is a part about the media that is so disturbing, so violating. I feel it is none of my business and the worst part of the damage is private lives being sensationalized. (Hell, it killed Princess Diana!!) With the media it is like one big massive feeding machine. Folks don't have a life, feel they are entitled to "judge", to DEMAND... (?!) It really disturbs me on the "what's right and moral" plane - like crazy. But, then we have been judged as queers morally for so long.

Folks are human, they makes "mistakes". And like the Clintons, we don't know what the understanding was between Mr. and Mrs. Hell, the other side of the aisle (during the "Monica outbreak") tried to IMPEACH a president for getting a blowjob from... a consenting adult. "But, he lied"... they all insisted was their "reasoning". Well, it was no one's business or right to know. People acted like it was "high treason" for christ sake.

Now this is like the new Michael Jackson with the media.

And this is not like a high profiled athlete brutally running an illicit dog fighting ring!

I wondered, right away... was this when Tiger's father got ill? After he lost his father? No one can predict how someone will act once there has been personal trauma and loss. No one can possibly truly understand the bond between Tiger and his father... Personally, I think I would SPIN out somehow with a loss such as this. We know he dropped in the rankings after his Dad died. He couldn't play for awhile. He was injured...

And finally, there are folks - both men and women who go AFTER celebs sexually (as well as other ways). They look for vulnerabilities.

But, while this might be getting the ratings up a bit on the news networks - which have been in BRUTAL WAR competing for quite some time now... it will be a loss for golf - which I never gave a damn about until Tiger started playing. He was the first Black/Asian man to succeed like this in a sport that at one time did not even welcome anyone other than whites.

That in itself makes me wonder about some of the reactions here. And like other PGA players have not "wandered" in their marriages... (?!)

I would just wish for peace for his family right now. I'm embarrassed more about the media coverage and focus/obsession on this, than the initial embarrassment for the family with this being publicized. They are in deep pain right now - WOUNDED. That is my thoughts/feelings about it all. I feel the Wood's family just needs privacy at this time, like any other family in crisis.

And some folks just love to see "people fall", simply for their own envy and dissatisfaction with/in their own lives. For Tiger, I think this will be quite cathartic, and he will be back, stronger for it. I hope so anyway. But, it is his choice how he proceeds in his own life. I wish his family healing.

Sincerely
WILDCAT

*Anyone notice that they have NOW even brought out photo's of M. Jackson's private family paintings, inferring that they are incestuous? It's disgusting... And Tiger COULD be a sex addict - or he could have turned to crack! He might have just been in deep emotional pain for losing his best longtime life friend, his mentor - HIS FATHER. But, the speculating and judging... that has always pushed my bottons.
WILDCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WILDCAT For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2009, 07:11 PM   #54
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,108 Times in 3,757 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

I haven't read the whole thread... no disrespect intended, just about to enjoy a movie and popcorn with my partner and smooch-pooch...

I can't say that I care about Tiger and his life/life events are none of my business... and I don't like gossip... but I do care about the people his actions affect... like all the children who attend the Tiger Woods Learning Center. I can only imagine how this may affect them... especially since they look up to him so much.
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 09:31 PM   #55
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation

I feel horrible for TW's family, mainly his children. He is a golf hero, and has earned serious money for playing a game. In turn, TW's has given back a tremendous amount of money to those who are less fortunate. That is who this is hurting. What about the computers he buys out of his own fortune for children? What about the cash donations he makes to schools so children can have breakfast and lunch? Most times they would go to school hungry.

The media, and the gossip hounds can go around in circles fighting over and over. It is pettiness if you ask me.

Like Diva, I mute the TV when news comes on about him. I don't care to listen about it. I just wish his family some peace. They need to have that right now.

Wildcat, I was like you wondering if his father's death had anything to do with this. It may or may not. His scores did drop pretty bad. But in the end, who really knows but TW.

Namaste,
Andrew
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2009, 09:42 PM   #56
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:
Very PROUD BUTCH LESBIAN!

WILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet&Content View Post
I haven't read the whole thread... no disrespect intended, just about to enjoy a movie and popcorn with my partner and smooch-pooch...

I can't say that I care about Tiger and his life/life events are none of my business... and I don't like gossip... but I do care about the people his actions affect... like all the children who attend the Tiger Woods Learning Center. I can only imagine how this may affect them... especially since they look up to him so much.
__

Oh, yes I agree. The poor kids. Sex, sex, sex and more sex on the media about this scandal... where kids are seeing this, and parents must be going nuts - INSTEAD of getting to explain this age appropriately that "people have weaknesses as humans"... and we do "forgive".

And this is an adult issue (and not an "illegal" issue). I do take offense to the media making this accessible the way they are on regular network TV - to all ages.

Plus, if money is "below the belt" for men, he is already receiving punitive damages for his "actions/reactions" that are real - i.e. sponsorship. (STILL, none of my business.)

Thanks.
WILDCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WILDCAT For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2009, 10:52 AM   #57
NotAnAverageGuy
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Trans

NotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the rough

Gatorade pulled his drink and now Gillette pulled the deal with him as well

this folks is what happens when you cheat and your a celeb
NotAnAverageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NotAnAverageGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2010, 07:57 PM   #58
BornBronson
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently banned 7/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
Straight Butch Woman
Relationship Status:
Nice Tie

BornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond repute

What he released to the media today was just plain damn creepy..even for me.

What was the point in bringing dear old dad back from the grave,tell me?.

He has no respect for women,him and his dad.
I for one can do without all that news coverage,I hate golf.

BornBronson is offline   Reply With Quote