Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

Old 09-12-2010, 11:40 PM   #61
Random

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 5,327 Times in 1,379 Posts
Random Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST Reputation

I would say that I'm boycotting because of the donation, but that would be false... I just don't like the store..

IMO Target is worse than Walmart.... With Walmart, you know where they stand.. They are not smoozing you with one hand and then handing a check to your enemy with the other...

I'll take an honest bigot over someone who smile big at you and then calls you BEEEP as soon as you leave the room..
Old 09-13-2010, 03:26 AM   #62
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,992 Times in 2,595 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

I think it's pretty sucky the way they handled it. I was a bit iffy on the boycott until they cointinued to be so assholish about it. I loved Target, and now that's ruined. It always had a happy feel to me before. They are fine with courting our money, they are fine with employing us, they are fine with having gay designers design their shit, but they will take that money and unapologietically put it toward an anti-gay gubanatorial candidate who would be in the position to possibly veto any gay marriage legislation over the next four years. The guy also has voted for English-only policies and has called Jan Brewer a hero, so you could say the same exact thing regarding the Latino population - Target will gladly take Latino customer money, gladly employ Latinos, but is fine with taking that profit and using it to make life much harder on the Latino population. I am so disappointed with Target I could spit.

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2010, 05:49 PM   #63
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation
Default 3M: The Latest Company to Backtrack on Equality

http://gayrights.change.org/blog/vie...ck_on_equality
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2010, 03:11 AM   #64
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,992 Times in 2,595 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

Occasionally Facebook pops up with a Target ad. In the past, I have hit the "x" to get rid of the ad and either chosen "offensive" or "other" as my reason for deleting the ad. The "Other" space allows you to explain why you are deleting the ad. Twice now, my explanation has been, "I am gay." Not sure how many characters are available, but I want at every opportunity to send this message somewhere.

Now, facebook is allowing people to leave a comment under the ad, so this was my comment tonight:

Quote:
I'm gay, and I don't support Target since Target donated to Emmer and then made terrible, half-ass excuses/fake apologies (I'm sorry about your feelings) about it, then entered negotiations with the HRC about the whole ordeal, but then backed out, and eventually convinced facebook to destroy the boycott Target facebook group. When I think of shopping at Target (where I used to love to shop - for the last 25 years of my life) now I just feel a bit like I want to throw up. I am disappointed bitterly that Target chose to first court the gay community, employ gay designers and gay employees in their stores and then use that profit to support a candidate with such extreme anti-gay associations. Target will never get another dollar out of me. I find it offensive that I even have to look at a Target ad on my very own facebook, and I willl block this ad as soon as I finish leaving this comment.
Not sure what happens to the comments or what the point is or who sees why I'd be deleting the ad or if it makes any difference at all, but it sure feels better and at least I don't have to look at their smug ads.

I thought maybe I would be done boycotting them once Emmer lost, but I seem to feel just as betrayed by them as when it all went down. My straight friends are back to talking about their trips to Target, and I noticed Ellen mentioned Target casually in a segment recently as though she goes there, but they are not getting any more dollars directly out of my wallet. I am not over it apparently. In my eyes, they have lost all their magic.

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 04:07 PM   #65
atomiczombie

How Do You Identify?:
Femmesensual Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His
Relationship Status:
Dating

Thanked 3,221 Times in 757 Posts
atomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputation

And now Target is going after the unions.... bad Target! Bad bad!!

http://gawker.com/5808299/heres-targ...ion-propaganda
atomiczombie is offline   Reply With Quote