Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

Old 01-07-2012, 06:39 PM   #1
Blue_Daddy-O

How Do You Identify?:
Retro Daddy, Male-Identified
Preferred Pronoun?:
He Him Sir Mister Husband Dom Master
Relationship Status:
Single and ready for a garden party

Blue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST Reputation
Default Dangerous Dog Food, Cat Food, Animal Foods and Toys Recall

I don't have the time right now to add all of the details to this list as I see it becoming. But I feel with as many of us Animal Lovers who are on this site we can keep each other updated when we experience first hand or hear of dangerous foods or toys that can harm our beloveds, our babies.

The most recent recall: Chicken Jerky Treats - November 2011 and December 2011.

The first time I gave me Dogs Chicken Jerky Treats, immediately Babygirl was having problems eating them without choking on them. My Husky, Sky, didn't have much of an issue eating them, but my Babygirl, she was crazy about them and had the most problems. I tried different brands and they all caused her issue. I noticed the softer, chewier they were the harder they were to swallow and caused choking. The crunchier the better. I stopped buying Chicken Jerky Treats. Even though Babygirl LOVED them, I wasn't going to risk losing her to choking on them.

My experience has nothing to do with the recall. These are the details of the recall:

MSNBC is reporting that the FDA has now announced that they are investigating 353 reports of dogs getting sick after eating chicken jerky. Keep in mind how many thousands of incidents may not have been reported and usually aren't reported due to not knowing the source of the issue.

There are a few stories on this http://www.foodsafetynews.com/2011/1...t-treat-alert/

and http://vitals.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...-owners-report

Please post here any concerns you become aware of that could harm our babies!!!

Also Many Dogs have died from eating the Greenies Bones. Greenies can fatally block the gastro-intestinal tract. Many dogs get sick from them and can't digest them. They have also been recalled at different times.

Also the Nylabones are very dangerous and cause some of the same issues as Greenies. I personally know someone who's Dog died from a Nylabone getting caught in the intestines.
Blue_Daddy-O is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blue_Daddy-O For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2012, 08:00 PM   #2
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Vegan_Daddy-O View Post
Also Many Dogs have died from eating the Greenies Bones. Greenies can fatally block the gastro-intestinal tract. Many dogs get sick from them and can't digest them. They have also been recalled at different times.

Also the Nylabones are very dangerous and cause some of the same issues as Greenies. I personally know someone who's Dog died from a Nylabone getting caught in the intestines.
I haven't heard that about the Greenies. Thank you for posting about it.

I remember that at one point everyone was saying that Nylabones were the only SAFE option. Then I read otherwise, as you stated above.

The only thing I give my dog is organic, natural treats (every once in a while) or baked, natural pig ears (rarely). Since my mother was giving him crappy treats, my dog gave her healthy dog treats for Christmas to keep at her house for when he is visiting!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2012, 12:18 PM   #3
Blue_Daddy-O

How Do You Identify?:
Retro Daddy, Male-Identified
Preferred Pronoun?:
He Him Sir Mister Husband Dom Master
Relationship Status:
Single and ready for a garden party

Blue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
I haven't heard that about the Greenies. Thank you for posting about it.

I remember that at one point everyone was saying that Nylabones were the only SAFE option. Then I read otherwise, as you stated above.

The only thing I give my dog is organic, natural treats (every once in a while) or baked, natural pig ears (rarely). Since my mother was giving him crappy treats, my dog gave her healthy dog treats for Christmas to keep at her house for when he is visiting!
That is wonderful Dapper! LoL. Yes, I keep meaning to stop long enough to start learning how to bake healthy pup treats for my babies! So if anyone has any great recipes please email them to me!

Also, I'm sure most everyone knows this but if not, remember:

BEWARE: Don't buy any Dog/Cat Food or Dog/Cat treats that state on the label "Made In China" ...sometimes people confuse the distribution state as being local "Made in America", but look further. It may say Distributed in Cleveland, Ohio... and then in smaller print you will find somewhere on the label "Made In China", ...too many people, children and animals have died or have gotten very sick from the deadly ingredients China put in foods! Remember the infant milk? Another horrible example of carelessness with life.
Blue_Daddy-O is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blue_Daddy-O For This Useful Post: