Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

Old 02-24-2010, 04:59 PM   #1
nowandthen

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
S/he
Relationship Status:
In a realationship with my PhD. Dissertation work for the next 3 years

nowandthen Has the BEST Reputationnowandthen Has the BEST Reputationnowandthen Has the BEST Reputationnowandthen Has the BEST Reputationnowandthen Has the BEST Reputationnowandthen Has the BEST Reputationnowandthen Has the BEST Reputationnowandthen Has the BEST Reputationnowandthen Has the BEST Reputationnowandthen Has the BEST Reputationnowandthen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Queer the Census

http://www.queerthecensus.org/c.jeJL...preadWord.aspx

Please go to this site, and help in showing the broad range of our community by queering the census
nowandthen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nowandthen For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2010, 05:32 PM   #2
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

YES.......but that means you really need to fill out the long or short form and mail it with the 'pink slip' back.

Any address that has not replied to the Census will have an actual human being go knock on the door. If you don't answer they will come back and knock again and again. The Census Bureau really gets anally retentive about this.

Just fill out the damn form and send it in. Don't make the government spend money chasing down the number of folks at an address. The Census Bureau is not about knowing if you are properly papered. The Census only wants to know the number of folks living at a particular residence.

Census data is critical to everything the government and non-government actually fund and to the number of representatives in the House of Representatives.

Fill out the form and mail it back..........well unless you want to fund a job of knocking on doors and asking questions that could have already been answered. That's 'big government' and you just contributed to it by not filling out and mailing in your Census Form.
I will not assimilate

Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2010, 03:26 AM   #3
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:
Happily married to MisterMeanor, the man of my dreams

Thanked 1,850 Times in 511 Posts
MsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughy View Post
Just fill out the damn form and send it in.
Unless you live in Michele Bachmann's district, of course. She's all about the census being some big government plot. If we can convince everyone in her district that she's right, then they won't get counted and Bachmann could get redistricted (is that a word?) right out of Congress. That'd make my day!
Old 02-25-2010, 07:06 AM   #4
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughy View Post
YES.......but that means you really need to fill out the long or short form and mail it with the 'pink slip' back.

Any address that has not replied to the Census will have an actual human being go knock on the door. If you don't answer they will come back and knock again and again. The Census Bureau really gets anally retentive about this.

Just fill out the damn form and send it in. Don't make the government spend money chasing down the number of folks at an address. The Census Bureau is not about knowing if you are properly papered. The Census only wants to know the number of folks living at a particular residence.

Census data is critical to everything the government and non-government actually fund and to the number of representatives in the House of Representatives.

Fill out the form and mail it back..........well unless you want to fund a job of knocking on doors and asking questions that could have already been answered. That's 'big government' and you just contributed to it by not filling out and mailing in your Census Form.

Unfortunately, around here ( here being this area, not my house) folks are still afraid of "big government/ big brother" and don't realize this is how schools, etc get their funding. I have overheard quite a few folks talking about it at either the local hardware or grocery stores and when you try to do the "excuse me, I overheard you.. you may need to keep in mind that blah blah blah".. They will usually give you either the fake "thank you" look or just turn and walk away.

Hopefully someone in their family will get a job taking the census, because right now.. those are about the only people hiring. It might help them understand what it is about.
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2010, 10:14 PM   #5
TheBellyBionic

How Do You Identify?:
She

TheBellyBionic Has the BEST ReputationTheBellyBionic Has the BEST ReputationTheBellyBionic Has the BEST ReputationTheBellyBionic Has the BEST ReputationTheBellyBionic Has the BEST ReputationTheBellyBionic Has the BEST ReputationTheBellyBionic Has the BEST ReputationTheBellyBionic Has the BEST ReputationTheBellyBionic Has the BEST ReputationTheBellyBionic Has the BEST ReputationTheBellyBionic Has the BEST Reputation

Actually, I'm totally in favor of the government paying a whole lot of people to knock on a whole lot of doors. I have quite a few friends who've been unemployed for months who finally found work because the census had to hire a lot of people to do just that.
TheBellyBionic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TheBellyBionic For This Useful Post: