Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

Old 04-15-2010, 02:00 PM   #1
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation
Default It's a Conspiracy, I tells ya!

I get a chuckle every time I hear about some conspiracy theory (e.g., Obama isn't an American, you are tracked by the money in your pocket, etc.). When I was reading about the Meteorite that fell the other day ago, someone posted a comment that said "Good Project Blue Beam". I was curious and so I did.

Oh. My. Gay.

From the actual project site:

Quote:
The infamous NASA Blue Beam Project has four different steps in order to implement the new age religion with the antichrist at its head. We must remember that the new age religion is the very foundation for the new world government, without which religion the dictatorship of the new world order is completely impossible. I'll repeat that: Without a universal belief in the new age religion, the success of the new world order will be impossible! That is why the Blue Beam Project is so important to them, but has been so well hidden until now
For a less "irrational" look at it visit here: http://rationalwiki.com/wiki/Project_Blue_Beam

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2010, 02:02 PM   #2
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Please don't get me started on this. You know how much I love conspiracy theories.
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 02:48 PM   #3
Dean Thoreau

How Do You Identify?:
Ftm - Male- exfemale
Preferred Pronoun?:
He’s Him
Relationship Status:
Has a gf

Dean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST Reputation

humm blue beam....
i so much prefer the antichrist to the ischrist spewed by so many rightwingfundamentalistwarmongerswhoareonlysidingw ithisraelsotheyhaveanuclearbombtherebyencouragingj esustocomebackfast conspirators....

Old 04-15-2010, 04:10 PM   #4
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,992 Times in 2,595 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 04:13 PM   #5
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Blue beam......well....it WOULD compliment my hair......and my new frock from my Gal Pal.....

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 04:25 PM   #6
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,992 Times in 2,595 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 04:27 PM   #7
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation

I love that you said oh my gay!!

"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 05:35 PM   #8
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:
Happily married to MisterMeanor, the man of my dreams

Thanked 1,850 Times in 511 Posts
MsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST Reputation

Conspiracy theories are fun!!!! It's great to see just how twisted a fantasy someone can make up with a total manipulation of a complete lack of understanding of the facts.

Except, of course, for the one about the bushies being complicit in the nine eleven attack. That one's true.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:55 PM   #9
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

I do agree, however. Some of the conspiracy stuff is fun. I think that's why my uncle buys World News Tabloid (that black and white tabloid sold at that grocery cash register). I suspect we'll see more as challenges to the economy and as Obama continues as President.

Old 04-15-2010, 05:55 PM   #10
Hack
Just a guy.

How Do You Identify?:
Just a guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
male
Relationship Status:
Sparkle's consort

Thanked 3,784 Times in 960 Posts
Hack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST Reputation

Work in public/media relations for a government agency and experience these conspiracy theory people up close and personal. I love public service, but, really, they don't pay me enough to put up with some of the people I have who call me regularly with their latest "black helicopter" theories or who send me endless emails on the genetics of wolverines.

I can't even make this stuff up.
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hack For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2010, 05:56 PM   #11
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack View Post
Work in public/media relations for a government agency and experience these conspiracy theory people up close and personal. I love public service, but, really, they don't pay me enough to put up with some of the people I have who call me regularly with their latest "black helicopter" theories or who send me endless emails on the genetics of wolverines.

Well, we probably can thank the X-Files for the black helicopter stuff (or was that "War Games"??). As for the genetics of wolverines... I haven't heard that one. Can you share?

Old 04-15-2010, 06:04 PM   #12
Hack
Just a guy.

How Do You Identify?:
Just a guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
male
Relationship Status:
Sparkle's consort

Hack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
Well, we probably can thank the X-Files for the black helicopter stuff (or was that "War Games"??). As for the genetics of wolverines... I haven't heard that one. Can you share?

For the last few years, we have had a random, lone wolverine running around in a region of Michigan. We haven't had one in the state in at least 200 years, and never one documented in modern wildlife management here. Well, a few weeks ago, it was found dead by a couple of hikers. It died of natural causes. I work for the state agency that handles wildlife management in Michigan, and we issued the report and along with it some genetic testing we had done on the animal to better determine its origins. Some guy out there disputes our findings and writes me 1000+ word emails every day with all his "research" and "proof" that disputes our findings. He wants me to run a retraction in every media outlet in the state.

Right.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:25 PM   #13
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:

MsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

My mother has on more than one occasion offered to drive me out to where the black helicopters are so that I can see them for myself. Yeah, mom, the secret black helicopters are stored in a visible location just outside of Denver.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:28 PM   #14
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:

Quote:
For the last few years, we have had a random, lone wolverine running around in a region of Michigan. We haven't had one in the state in at least 200 years, and never one documented in modern wildlife management here. Well, a few weeks ago, it was found dead by a couple of hikers. It died of natural causes. I work for the state agency that handles wildlife management in Michigan, and we issued the report and along with it some genetic testing we had done on the animal to better determine its origins. Some guy out there disputes our findings and writes me 1000+ word emails every day with all his "research" and "proof" that disputes our findings. He wants me to run a retraction in every media outlet in the state.

Right.
It's probably a baby bigfoot. I say retract now before the truth comes out.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:31 PM   #15
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,662 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation
Default Truth is stranger than fiction

I find conspiracy theories to be fascinating. While I take them with a grain of salt, I also keep in mind that truth is stranger than fiction. And people hungry for power and wealth are known to do bizarre things to achieve their goals. And what better way to do something then right in the open where people will question their own eyes and perceptions. It's brilliant in its simplicity.

And sometimes, people are just weird....example....Jim Marrs and his theories of mutated lizard people who are some of the most influential folks in the world mingling with genetic humans. Of course the lizard people are from some planet in the third dimension. Google him.

And here I thought my E.R. patient, who swore during outpatient surgery that we implanted some device that gave him uncontrollable erections, was odd. Gawd I dont miss that job.

Last edited by Kobi; 04-15-2010 at 06:34 PM. Reason: addition
Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 07:37 PM   #16
Hack
Just a guy.

How Do You Identify?:
Just a guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
male
Relationship Status:
Sparkle's consort

Default Here's a recent one from my work....

At least one reporter a year asks the Michigan Department of Natural Resources if Bigfoot exists.

But I call to ask about any sightings of another monster - the stuff of hellish nightmares called El Chupacabra.

The dog-beast hybrid is rumored to suck the blood and life from goats and other unfortunate farm animals and pets. And an Ann Arbor resident claims to have possibly seen one around town.

"...I need to ask this question. Have you had anyone report the witnessing of a...and I know this sounds insane...chupacabra...in this area?"

I decide to investigate.

"Chupacabra? I haven't heard of it," DNR spokesperson (name withheld to protect the innocent... i.e. me) tells me. "Was the sighting around Hash Bash?"

"Possible."

"We get more calls with people telling me they have a cougar in their backyard, but we don't keep track of those."

"Oh, so we have cougars in Michigan?"

"One verified sighting up in the UP last year, the only one we've had recently."

"Oh."

Back to El Chupacabra:

Our reader says he and his wife saw the otherworldly animal stalk across East Huron River Drive under US-23 the afternoon of March 29. Then it slipped off into the wetlands - causing nary a ripple.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:05 PM   #17
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,264 Posts
Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
"Chupacabra? I haven't heard of it," DNR spokesperson (name withheld to protect the innocent... i.e. me) tells me. "Was the sighting around Hash Bash?"
"Hash" sounds about right....

*tries to avoid snickering*

*fails miserably*
Bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 12:08 AM   #18
Enchantress

How Do You Identify?:
A complex confection.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss

Thanked 3,421 Times in 1,201 Posts
Enchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Right.

All I'm saying is it's quite possible it was not the only Wolverine in Michigan...

Don't even get me started about the conspiracy theory I have concocted in my head regarding the swans and the Amber snails.

*blink*
Enchantress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 10:23 AM   #19
dreadgeek
Power Femme

How Do You Identify?:
Cinnamon spiced, caramel colored, power-femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to a wonderful horse girl

Thanked 6,848 Times in 1,493 Posts
dreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
I get a chuckle every time I hear about some conspiracy theory (e.g., Obama isn't an American, you are tracked by the money in your pocket, etc.). When I was reading about the Meteorite that fell the other day ago, someone posted a comment that said "Good Project Blue Beam". I was curious and so I did.

Oh. My. Gay.

From the actual project site:

For a less "irrational" look at it visit here: http://rationalwiki.com/wiki/Project_Blue_Beam
I SO needed that, Linus. That's the funniest thing I've read all week (okay, to be fair, most of everything I've read all week was my chemistry text and part of an essay from the Marquis De Condorcet but still...)

Cheers
Aj

"People on the side of The People always ended up disappointed, in any case. They found that The People tended not to be grateful or appreciative or forward-thinking or obedient. The People tended to be small-minded and conservative and not very clever and were even distrustful of cleverness. And so, the children of the revolution were faced with the age-old problem: it wasn’t that you had the wrong kind of government, which was obvious, but that you had the wrong kind of people. As soon as you saw people as things to be measured, they didn’t measure up." (Terry Pratchett)
dreadgeek is offline   Reply With Quote