Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

Old 12-02-2009, 04:50 PM   #1
Bob

How Do You Identify?:
Jackass.

Bob Has the BEST ReputationBob Has the BEST ReputationBob Has the BEST ReputationBob Has the BEST ReputationBob Has the BEST ReputationBob Has the BEST ReputationBob Has the BEST ReputationBob Has the BEST ReputationBob Has the BEST ReputationBob Has the BEST ReputationBob Has the BEST Reputation
Default The Tiger Woods Thing

Since all of the drama began last Friday morning, we here at TigerCast have been asked almost continuously from all corners of the internet, what our take on this whole thing is. As we, like you, are continuing to get new, sordid information on a daily basis, we felt it was irresponsible to make any sort of statement until the time was right and we felt we had enough information to make any such statement.

At this point, though, I think we know enough to be able to offer this, our feelings about all of this:

Though we have been making lots of jokes about this, along with everyone else, and are just as interested to see what happens next, we here at TigerCast have to say quite honestly that we are really, truly, very disappointed in all of this. Though Tiger's dominance on the golf course is legendary and will never be matched, what we really, truly liked about Tiger was that, even with all the fame and pressure and cash, he still seemed to be able to both maintain the focus on his professional career, but more than that, be a genuinely good guy. Even as it seemed every other high-profile, rich athlete eventually found himself in some sort of embarrassing shit, it seemed for so long that the HIGHEST profile, and the RICHEST athlete of them all managed to stay above it.

Probably naive on our part, but we so wanted to believe.

And now this. We feel a deep, dark, disappointed pit in our stomach every time we think about this. We will not go so far as to completely disown him after all these years, but our admiration has taken a huge, if not irreparable hit. It does not help that Tiger seems to have handled this entire situation as poorly as you could imagine, if he had any interest in coming through this looking like anything other than a slimy, lying pussy of a scumbag.

So we'll continue to joke. And we'll continue to hit refresh on deadspin and TMZ every five seconds looking for updates.

But we hurt. We hurt bad. We hope he turns it around somehow, un-pussies himself, gets out there and says yes, I've been a giant douche, I suck, please forgive me, because we probably still could.

But this sucks. That is our statement.

P.S. John Ziegler is still a bit of a giant prick.
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bob For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2009, 04:57 PM   #2
suebee

How Do You Identify?:
TOWANDA!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Queen Bee
Relationship Status:
Good 'n married.

1 Highscore

Location: Eastern Canada. But if I make a wrong turn at the lights I get stopped by a border guard.
Thanked 2,759 Times in 820 Posts
suebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputation

Tiger posted a very humble apology on his website today. I looked for the story where I read this but couldn't find it again. He took full responsibility and said he hadn't lived up to his own values. He also asked to be left alone so that he could deal with this in private. If I find the story again I'll post a link.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:58 PM   #3
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/24/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Thanked 7,109 Times in 2,327 Posts
SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

The same weekend Tiger Woods had his one man car crash and women started selling txt's to TMZ? David Hasselhoff got so drunk he had seizures and was admitted on a 5150 psych hold. While he was on the way to the hospital his ex-wife got busted for DUI and blew a .14 almost twice the legal limit.

Why is the press not screaming for the children to be taken away from these two losers instead of worry about which sand trap Tiger is sticking his five iron in?
SuperFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to SuperFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2009, 05:03 PM   #4
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

I just don't think Tiger owes us anything.

I feel sad for him.
Old 12-02-2009, 05:13 PM   #5
Rook

How Do You Identify?:
A.G - Stone Butch - GenderFuck
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hym, Hyz...or, just b respectable, it's not that hard..

Thanked 3,183 Times in 1,287 Posts
Rook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST Reputation

I think the answer's easy...
Whether they admit it or not, the Press adores sensationalism...
Let's put on a balance those stories....
A has-been who tries for a come-back with a uniquely talentless show getting so Drunk, he winds up hospitalized for 72 hrs [5150 is they hold u cuz you're a risk to yourself, and others, whether u like it or not, tight security measures to ensure u stay]....
Or....
A world-wide role-model, Bi-Racial Wealthy Sports Genius in a sport predominantly White, having a rather long affair, getting caught with his pants down in an accident, covering it and being a rather whiney petulant child in the process making matters worse for himself by being Non-Cooperative.....
hmmm

I can just feel the Ratings soar....

{think along the lines of Kobe Bryant, R. Kelly, Michael Jordan "scandals".....Bill Clinton doesn't count}
Old 12-02-2009, 05:18 PM   #6
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/24/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Thanked 7,109 Times in 2,327 Posts
SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rook View Post
A has-been who tries for a come-back with a uniquely talentless show getting so Drunk, he winds up hospitalized for 72 hrs [5150 is they hold u cuz you're a risk to yourself, and others, whether u like it or not, tight security measures to ensure u stay]....
Or....
A world-wide role-model, Bi-Racial Wealthy Sports Genius in a sport predominantly White, having a rather long affair, getting caught with his pants down in an accident, covering it and being a rather whiney petulant child in the process making matters worse for himself by being Non-Cooperative.....
hmmm

{think along the lines of Kobe Bryant, R. Kelly, Michael Jordan "scandals".....Bill Clinton doesn't count}

You forgot to mention that the has been is white.

SuperFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SuperFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2009, 05:25 PM   #7
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rook View Post
Or....
hmmm

At least the G/F was not under age!
Old 12-02-2009, 06:46 PM   #8
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 4,377 Times in 1,015 Posts
apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation

admittedly i can laugh at the most inappropriate times--so, i did when i heard that woods' wife attacked him with one of his own golf clubs.

(and again i'm reminded that the master's tools can't dismantle the master's house)
apretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 06:55 PM   #9
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by apretty View Post
admittedly i can laugh at the most inappropriate times--so, i did when i heard that woods' wife attacked him with one of his own golf clubs.

(and again i'm reminded that the master's tools can't dismantle the master's house)
--for example, it would be like smacking me with a vintage aluminum xmas tree. --which i can't find in town for under 250! 2 years ago they were under 50 dollars-- i would duck out of the way but, also try to catch and save the precious tree, especially if it had the spinning stand and rainbow/plastic light thingy--
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to apretty For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2009, 07:01 PM   #10
Hudson

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Truth is stranger than fiction.

Hudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by apretty View Post
--for example, it would be like smacking me with a vintage aluminum xmas tree. --which i can't find in town for under 250! 2 years ago they were under 50 dollars-- i would duck out of the way but, also try to catch and save the precious tree, especially if it had the spinning stand and rainbow/plastic light thingy--

Like miiiiiine? Bwahaha.
Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 08:36 PM   #11
NotAnAverageGuy
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Trans

NotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the rough

i hope she leaves him and takes half or more of what he has
NotAnAverageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 08:52 PM   #12
Turino

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Relationship Status:
available

Turino Has the BEST ReputationTurino Has the BEST ReputationTurino Has the BEST ReputationTurino Has the BEST ReputationTurino Has the BEST ReputationTurino Has the BEST ReputationTurino Has the BEST ReputationTurino Has the BEST ReputationTurino Has the BEST ReputationTurino Has the BEST ReputationTurino Has the BEST Reputation

She already got his rear window!!!

Actually, he is not so clean..the companies he attaches his name to are environmentally disasterous (chevron)...and a golf course built with slave labor in Dubai ... read here

He has no conscience regarding who he endorses and obviously that extended to his personal life.

More Tiger less Afganistan and Health Care..

but at least we get a break from the birthing teabaggers...
Old 12-02-2009, 09:13 PM   #13
NotAnAverageGuy
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Trans

NotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turino View Post
She already got his rear window!!!

Actually, he is not so clean..the companies he attaches his name to are environmentally disasterous (chevron)...and a golf course built with slave labor in Dubai ... read here

He has no conscience regarding who he endorses and obviously that extended to his personal life.

More Tiger less Afganistan and Health Care..

but at least we get a break from the birthing teabaggers...
Yes she did with his iron nonetheless

Take the kids and leave, sorry I have big issues with cheaters, celebrity or not
Old 12-02-2009, 10:14 PM   #14
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben-Her View Post
Like miiiiiine? Bwahaha.
yes, i'll trade you for a
Old 12-03-2009, 12:03 AM   #15
Rook

How Do You Identify?:
A.G - Stone Butch - GenderFuck
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hym, Hyz...or, just b respectable, it's not that hard..

Thanked 3,183 Times in 1,287 Posts
Rook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST Reputation

I have huge unresolved issues regarding Cheaters, celebrity or not, I totally agree....
I discuss it in therapy...srsly.. *L*
They seem to think I got something wrong in me because I don't think or dwell about it, I find out I'm cheated on, clothes + belonging on the first time, Out [ think "the crying game"..Fish Bowl go Boom]...
I find out someone cheated on a Loved one? They might as well call themselves charles manson and embroider a big red A on their chest....
I won't acknowledge 'em...
Old 12-04-2009, 10:12 PM   #16
NotAnAverageGuy
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Trans

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...s/6751049.html

He has to pay his wife to stay with him HAHAHAHAHA
Old 12-04-2009, 11:24 PM   #17
Vlasta
BFP Sentinels

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 1,002 Times in 286 Posts
Vlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalipstic View Post
I just don't think Tiger owes us anything.

I feel sad for him.
I completely agree with you J ..... I feel sad for him and his family . This it's not sensation , it's tragedy for all the people involved including his children .
Vlasta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vlasta For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2009, 11:27 PM   #18
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I agree with both of you....

There is SO much pressure on them to be 'super human'....and they're just not.....

It is very sad.
And it is the children who will suffer the most.

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2009, 11:36 PM   #19
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:
Happily married to MisterMeanor, the man of my dreams

Thanked 1,850 Times in 511 Posts
MsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST Reputation

Every time I get a CNN Breaking News email about this.....

Every time it appears as a headline.....

Every time one of my MSNBC fav's wastes time on this story....

I scream IT'S NOT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

However, the Chinese news animation story is too fucking funny..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7i5FlC1MpkE&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- 【蘋果動新聞】伍茲深夜撞車 老婆破窗救夫 疑點重重[/ame]

There's a follow-up video floating around that they did of Tiger calling his girlfriend. I'll have to track that one down.
MsDemeanor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsDemeanor For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2009, 12:21 AM   #20
Just_G

How Do You Identify?:
Butch, Switch, Comedian...G...whichever.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He....with an e!
Relationship Status:
I'll take kinky & twisted for $200, Alex!!

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 6,165 Times in 1,450 Posts
Just_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST Reputation
Talking

LOL...Ah, gotta love quick wit...

Foooore!!!

Last edited by Scorp; 12-06-2009 at 07:18 PM.
Just_G is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Just_G For This Useful Post: