Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > FUN > The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat

Notices

Old 10-02-2012, 10:29 PM   #1
Dance-with-me

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Thanked 1,926 Times in 378 Posts
Dance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST Reputation
Default Science/math/computer geeks

Proud geek girl here - first computer class in 1975, engineering degree, now teacher of geeky subjects to college students, want to teach math because math makes me happy, yadda yadda.

Where are the other science/math/computer geeks?

Have you seen this video on the hexaflexagon yet? I so plan to make one of these soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=VIVIegSt81k
(yes, the computer geek can't figure out how to post this as an embedded video!)
Dance-with-me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:35 PM   #2
Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Neither, nada, out of the box
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

Thanked 7,246 Times in 1,416 Posts
Gráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST Reputation

I was "that kid" who LOVED physics and math classes. I blame my dad, another geek, who always took me to the science museums .
Old 10-02-2012, 10:37 PM   #3
DamonK

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 7,762 Times in 1,881 Posts
DamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST Reputation

<-----math geek. Currently enrolled in 1 math, 2 accounting, and 1 law class
DamonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:14 PM   #4
PoeticWitch

How Do You Identify?:
Queer... that is all you get
Preferred Pronoun?:
um... she.. I think... *shrug* call me anything that pleases ya
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,131 Times in 377 Posts
PoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST Reputation

Computer geek and going to ITT Tech to learn the technical part of it all and even more detail. I followed DamonK here. I love math once I understand it, that is the hard part for me. YAY school! Right? Remind me of this when I am struggling with my math homework! But I do so love to learn!
Old 10-02-2012, 11:49 PM   #5
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,366 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dance-with-me View Post

Have you seen this video on the hexaflexagon yet? I so plan to make one of these soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=VIVIegSt81k
(yes, the computer geek can't figure out how to post this as an embedded video!)
That was a trip.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:53 AM   #6
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,396 Times in 6,872 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Im sooo glad to find this thread... Ive been pondering on something for a while now....heres the situation:

My client lives on the 5th floor. I do the stairs for health and to avoid the elevator that hates me....dont judge....SO my quandry is this: Regardless of whether I am going up or down, the hinged door which closes slowly on its own seems to ALWAYS shut completely when Im at the same point every time (3rd floor). I would have thought that when going down, since its faster, I would be further along..on my way to the second floor. But this isnt the case. I know there are loads of variables in place such as how far the door is opened and how fast i go...but is there an equation that would help me determine if Im going at the same speed both up and down the stairs which seems illogical. I know it doesnt matter in the greater scheme of things...I'm just curious by nature. I think I would have to count the stairs and see what the ratio per step was and do it that way but Im not entirely certain....any help would be much appreciated
cinnamongrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:12 AM   #7
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

Coming from a family of math geeks ... I'm a poet. Go figure.
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ginger For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2012, 08:14 AM   #8
Little Fish

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
female ones, will also respond to babe, boi and Romeo
Relationship Status:
Happy :-)

Thanked 1,886 Times in 321 Posts
Little Fish Has the BEST ReputationLittle Fish Has the BEST ReputationLittle Fish Has the BEST ReputationLittle Fish Has the BEST ReputationLittle Fish Has the BEST ReputationLittle Fish Has the BEST ReputationLittle Fish Has the BEST ReputationLittle Fish Has the BEST ReputationLittle Fish Has the BEST ReputationLittle Fish Has the BEST ReputationLittle Fish Has the BEST Reputation
Talking Paging Dr. Science Geek...

Good morning all!

Yep! Big giant science geek here--biology mostly with loads of genetics research and general academic masturbation of the molecular cell bio type....

And don't you think the Planetarium would be a fantastic first date?!?!
(can I get an Amen? My non-geek friends say this is why I'm never getting laid again...:-/
Little Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Little Fish For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2012, 08:17 AM   #9
Teddybear

How Do You Identify?:
by my name
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 6,239 Times in 1,687 Posts
Teddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Fish View Post
Good morning all!

Yep! Big giant science geek here--biology mostly with loads of genetics research and general academic masturbation of the molecular cell bio type....

And don't you think the Planetarium would be a fantastic first date?!?!
(can I get an Amen? My non-geek friends say this is why I'm never getting laid again...:-/
i think its a cool 1st date however u must go with some1 who is into that kind of stuff also. so instead of the 1st date wait till u learn more about ur dates likes and dislikes
Teddybear is offline   Reply With Quote