Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,539 Times in 10,209 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

I'm back sitting on the bathtub with the cats. I received an alert via my phone to take cover. I'm lined up for some heavy bands of rain. If you see the Map, I'm under the "H" on Houston and a smidgen to the left.

I'm not going to get caught in the dark again. I already lit a candle...so there Harvey. .lol

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2017, 10:13 PM   #122
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

I read this on VICE News. It would have never occurred to me but I live in Cali.

Even if everyone else is aware, I thought I would post it anyway.

Take care everyone, sending good thoughts for your safety:

Rainfall and flooding aren’t all Texans have to worry about this weekend as Hurricane Harvey makes landfall — there will also be gators.

As storm surges rise water levels up a predicted 12 feet, the state’s alligators — displaced from where they naturally lurk — will likely end up finding their way to neighborhood driveways, under parked cars, and on top of doorsteps.

Gators and flooding advice via @txgatorsquad: Expect them to be displaced. Simply looking for higher ground. Leave alone until water recedes pic.twitter.com/nN1B5jvMyV

— FBCSO Texas (@FBCSO) August 24, 2017

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2017, 10:42 PM   #123
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

Please keep us posted on how you're doing. This one looks like a nasty one!

My bro text me... kinda worried. I sent him a pic of Texas... I'm like 500 miles north. Iol Thoughtful though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bèsame* View Post
I'm back sitting on the bathtub with the cats. I received an alert via my phone to take cover. I'm lined up for some heavy bands of rain. If you see the Map, I'm under the "H" on Houston and a smidgen to the left.

I'm not going to get caught in the dark again. I already lit a candle...so there Harvey. .lol
Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2017, 11:01 PM   #124
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Laying in bed with major headache, tornado fell on the other side of my subdivision earlier, lots of rain right now.

Albert Einstein
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2017, 11:13 PM   #125
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

Oy... with ya there... headaches.

Glad it hear it missed ya!
Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2017, 11:43 PM   #126
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Oy... with ya there... headaches.

Glad it hear it missed ya!
I'm not worried about much really. It's going to REALLY flood in Houston and surrounding areas. I only am worried about 4 people at this moment and they ain't family.

Albert Einstein
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2017, 08:06 AM   #127
VintageFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 7,640 Times in 1,657 Posts
VintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default How you can help

Text RedCross to 90999 to donate $10 to disaster relief.

And, from this website http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0821444c37515

1. Donate Money Or Volunteer

A plethora of organizations are appealing for donations to help them as they send volunteers and supplies to the hardest-hit areas.

These include the American Red Cross, The Salvation Army, Samaritan’s Purse, Save The Children, the Southern Baptist Disaster Relief and Heart to Heart International.

The local Texas Diaper Bank is also putting together disaster relief kits for families with young children. You can donate here.

Crowdfunding site GlobalGiving has launched a hurricane relief fund aimed at gathering funds for local nonprofits in the storm-stricken region.

Animal shelters and rescue groups are taking in numerous pets displaced by the storm ― whether the animals got lost in the chaos, got left behind, or simply need temporary housing while their owners stay in evacuation shelters. Those groups include the SPCA of Texas, Austin Pets Alive!, Dallas Animal Services and the San Antonio Humane Society.

2. Donate Blood

Blood centers expect a supply shortage because of the closure of some blood banks along the coast and the likely demand stemming from injuries sustained in the storm. Centers have put out calls for extra donors to help deal with the aftermath.

You can find donation centers or blood drives for the South Texas Blood & Tissue Center here or for Texas organization Carter BloodCare here.

And even if you’re not in Texas, you can search online for blood drives local to you or book an appointment via the Red Cross website.

3. Provide Accommodation For Evacuees

Airbnb has launched a portal so that the people who have been displaced by the hurricane can find a place to stay. It’s also waiving fees for people affected by the disaster. More details are available on the Airbnb website here.
Old 08-27-2017, 09:11 AM   #128
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Wish I could go back to sleep but I'm very restless. My ex texted me at 3 am, it's really bad where she is and it hurts that I can't get to her. All I can do is pray and wait till this is over, then help with clean up. I wish I had my own place and a huge truck to get her and the kids to dry land. My heart is broken.

Albert Einstein
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2017, 10:02 AM   #129
justkim

How Do You Identify?:
Me...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
<3 myself

Thanked 6,801 Times in 1,553 Posts
justkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputation

JDeere, be kind to yourself. So many are affected by Harvey. Been up since three here in the PNW. For the last two hours been trying to get help to a lady in one of the groups I belong to. Her husband is currently at home under the care of hospice. Her house has over 10 inches of water. Every number has been called and now we wait for someone to get to her and her husband soon. I think people underestimated this storms power and impacts. Praying help arrives for those needing it.

"A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success."
- Unknown -
justkim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to justkim For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2017, 10:40 AM   #130
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,589 Times in 4,691 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

I am still high and dry and fully powered but the library staff are mostly flooded and trapped
Old 08-27-2017, 11:40 AM   #131
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,539 Times in 10,209 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

I'm high and dry today. I did a check in with my staff, some without power and trapped with flooded streets. Talked with friends in town and made calls to family. The pictures coming across the News are terrible. Please local friends stay home, the roads can give way. I'm about two miles from that sink hole you might have seen.

Blaze is still working and camping out at the Hospital.

Even though yesterday felt like we dodged the rain, we had been warned about the amount of rain to come. I'm still getting tornado warnings on my phone. It's not over....

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2017, 12:14 PM   #132
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Hey folks-

Has anyone heard from Stilettodoll? Or does anyone have a way to get in touch with her and check in?

Thank you,
Angie
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2017, 01:05 PM   #133
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,589 Times in 4,691 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
Hey folks-

Has anyone heard from Stilettodoll? Or does anyone have a way to get in touch with her and check in?

Thank you,
Angie
Mr. Jenny is texting her now
Old 08-27-2017, 01:45 PM   #134
StillettoDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lady
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 3,879 Times in 1,485 Posts
StillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
Hey folks-

Thank you,
Angie
Awwww hey Angie ... I am doing good over here where I'm at , I feel very lucky as of now ..... I am keeping a close eye on the weather reports not sure when I can get back to work cause all road are flooded in town...also checking in on everyone here to see how they are doing . I'm good, catching up on my soap making.

Just heard airports will be close until Wednesday. whoa
Old 08-27-2017, 02:11 PM   #135
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillettoDoll View Post
Awwww hey Angie ... I am doing good over here where I'm at , I feel very lucky as of now ..... I am keeping a close eye on the weather reports not sure when I can get back to work cause all road are flooded in town...also checking in on everyone here to see how they are doing . I'm good, catching up on my soap making.

Just heard airports will be close until Wednesday. whoa

WHEW!!! Thank you for checking in!! Had a couple of folks message me about you and I was wondering myself!

Pinkielee and D-Boo are ok as well!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2017, 02:31 PM   #136
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

I'm still fine for now. My ex not so much. I've never felt so helpless. But this rain isn't over yet, I just pray that the help comes when it's really needed, FEMA and red cross are doing the best they can.

Albert Einstein
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2017, 06:50 PM   #137
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,308 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

As *Anya* pointed out, displaced alligators are a problem. Easy to imagine they are hungry and irritable. Please don't anyone go wading through water. Wait until the water recesses and you can see the ground in front of you.

Plus unknown type cooties in the water could make you sick.

Be safe.

Oh! Not to forget displaced snakes too!
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2017, 07:19 PM   #138
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,500 Times in 3,158 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockOn View Post
As *Anya* pointed out, displaced alligators are a problem. Easy to imagine they are hungry and irritable. Please don't anyone go wading through water. Wait until the water recesses and you can see the ground in front of you.

Plus unknown type cooties in the water could make you sick.

Be safe.

Oh! Not to forget displaced snakes too!
Exactly - On the news they are showing lots of people in the waters wading around aimlessly - very bad idea. Best to avoid if at all possible. Obviously if you have to flee for life, safety, you do what you have to do to survive but those flood waters are dangerous, full of all sorts of potential hazzards, not to mention disgusting amounts of just plain gross and nasty stuff, for example raw sewage. Also currents can easily suck people under, if they can submerge SUVs, well humans - easy, no problem at all.
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2017, 07:26 PM   #139
Blaze

How Do You Identify?:
With my drivers Lic.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Gentleman.. Depends on the Situation.
Relationship Status:
Last Rodeo, what a ride, many sunrises & sunsets to be had...

Thanked 5,470 Times in 1,450 Posts
Blaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

4 days in. 12+ hours each. 13 tornado warnings. A gazillion flood warnings. Bayou breach, loading dock looks like swimming pool because water drains into bayou. Sleep? What's that? Lol. Leaks from places you could never imagine. EMS Can't use most roads to get to us. Or leave premises. Ceiling tiles falling, roof and mounted equipment leaking water. Double pain windows leaking because rain hitting it side ways. Power holding up fine because of new back up generators but water pouring into plant where super charged electrical boxes of high voltage volumes are. Water and electrical are a dangerous mix. I've had enough hair raising experience. Shocking I tell Ya! Lol. Broiler igniters failing. Sand bags holding so far. Guess it's a good way to find out infrastructure problems the hard way. Yet all in all? It's been an interesting and educational learning experience process. . I can say Texan's take care of each other. Each person here has gone far and beyond work boundaries. Neighbors helping neighbors, strangers becoming friends. Out of state people pitching in. Impressive! Kind of reminds me of home. Island style. I swear I love my job. And my fellow hospital staff and emergency responders. God Bless Texas.
Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Blaze For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2017, 08:56 PM   #140
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Right now no one gives a crap about snakes, alligators, etc. I understand y'all are worried but come on, people have and are losing EVERYTHING while y'all want to talk about animals, etc.

We are going to get 15 to 25 more inches of rain, this will not end anytime soon maybe not even on Thursday. People are dying, hungry and thirsty, etc. Mostly boats are doing rescues since ALL major freeways are flooded. However there is not much dry land, and if this post seems pissy well it is, you should be pissed too that evacuation preparations were not handled properly by the mayor and judge Emmet and the the whole damn city flood district committee.

Albert Einstein
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post: