Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > FUN > The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat

Notices

Old 08-02-2011, 07:04 PM   #1
Invictus

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch

Invictus Has the BEST ReputationInvictus Has the BEST ReputationInvictus Has the BEST ReputationInvictus Has the BEST ReputationInvictus Has the BEST ReputationInvictus Has the BEST ReputationInvictus Has the BEST ReputationInvictus Has the BEST ReputationInvictus Has the BEST ReputationInvictus Has the BEST ReputationInvictus Has the BEST Reputation
Default Faculty Lounge

I've recently seen a thread for those of us who are studentsand those of us who are parents of school age kids, and began to wonder how many of us are in education. I didn't see a thread on this topic, but I hope am not redundant.

So my fellow educators and administrators, here is your opportunity to vent the stress, exchange ideas, or seek/offer guidance to those in our field.

I'm wondering if anyone other than myself is looking forward to the 2011-12 school year. This year we are starting at the very end of August, usually we begin in the 3rd week.
Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Invictus For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2011, 08:23 AM   #2
Invictus

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch

Invictus Has the BEST ReputationInvictus Has the BEST ReputationInvictus Has the BEST ReputationInvictus Has the BEST ReputationInvictus Has the BEST ReputationInvictus Has the BEST ReputationInvictus Has the BEST ReputationInvictus Has the BEST ReputationInvictus Has the BEST ReputationInvictus Has the BEST ReputationInvictus Has the BEST Reputation

Just thought I would give this a bump.
Old 08-07-2011, 08:31 AM   #3
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

August 23rd for me......and this is my fourth trip through college and once through a professional art school. This is my first time with on line college.

We'll see how this goes. I may miss the classroom and all things associated with it. But admit, I like the flexability of this.

This is going to cut down on my bicycle time and my baseball time. My *me* time is important. Sounds selfish, but I can down right bitchy when it's all demands and no time for me. I'm going to have to make school a *me* time I guess......

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be??
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2011, 10:13 AM   #4
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,589 Times in 4,691 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

i am looking forward to my "How to do a research paper without leaving your room*" presentation at the library's back to school Open House. I bought Star Wars jammies** for the occasion

* is basically an Ebscohost demo- NetLibrary and Academic Search premier
** the jammies are the part i am looking forward to, library is having Darth Vader and some Storm Troopers in as the "lure," that is why i got Star Wars
Old 08-07-2011, 10:17 AM   #5
Abigail Crabby

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Princess
Relationship Status:
Single, but sociable

Thanked 9,667 Times in 2,484 Posts
Abigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST Reputation

I will be doing online classes and be working toward my degree in accounting.

It's going to be different going to online classes, but my work schedule fits around them so it seems it will work for me.

Turns whatever happens to you into a positive...
Abigail Crabby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Abigail Crabby For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2011, 10:45 AM   #6
Invictus

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch

Where are all my fellow educators?

Dear Councilors....as you are making the students schedules....please do not put 70 kids in my classes.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Invictus For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2011, 10:47 AM   #7
Melissa

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
married

Melissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST Reputation

I teach online classes and was wondering if anyone else teaches online full time or part time?

Melissa
Melissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:47 AM   #8
Melissa

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
married

Melissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
Where are all my fellow educators?

Dear Councilors....as you are making the students schedules....please do not put 70 kids in my classes.
What do you teach and what grade?

Melissa
Melissa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Melissa For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2011, 10:50 AM   #9
Abigail Crabby

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Princess
Relationship Status:
Single, but sociable

Thanked 9,667 Times in 2,484 Posts
Abigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST Reputation

Ooops my bad, didn't read it correctly - didn't realize it was for educators.

backing out slowly

Turns whatever happens to you into a positive...
Abigail Crabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 12:25 PM   #10
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,366 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

August 23rd for me too. i am looking forward to it. i'd love to talk about it online, but a member has threatened to out me to my school as ?? i guess a leather dyke. She wasn't specific. Since i have a new job and she doesn't know where i teach, i am keeping it vague. Sorry about that.

i am a special education teacher, but i have a new assignment. A different population in terms of disability and a different kind of neighborhood. i used to teach in a continuation school in a seriously dangerous ganged up neighborhood. So this will be different.

i am looking forward to it a lot. Scared a little too. i have never worked with students with this particular disability -- well individual ones, but not as my entire caseload.

Guess what, Invictus? i will have eight students in my class.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:42 AM   #11
Invictus

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa View Post
What do you teach and what grade?

Melissa

High school Melissa

2 weeks until the tearchers return....where did the summer go?
Old 08-10-2011, 11:44 AM   #12
Invictus

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch

Guess what, Invictus? i will have eight students in my class

WOW 8??????? I wouldnt know what to do with them if I only had 8

good luck with the new assisngment
Old 08-16-2011, 06:02 PM   #13
Invictus

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch

One week until the start of the new school year.

where did my summer go????
Old 08-16-2011, 06:29 PM   #14
Invictus

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch

Alright....the count down begins...and I am trying to get motivated

How do you get motivated?

Any thoughts? I need some inspiration
Old 08-21-2011, 02:17 AM   #15
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,366 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

i am motivated by trying to stay alive. OMG, who else is working their asses off?

Yesterday was all meetings all day. Tours of the building and too much information altogether. This is a new district for me. OMG the software trainings ALONE!

Today the building was open, so i moved my stuff in. i moved furniture, hung posters, unpacked, cleaned out and tried to figure what i wanted where. i left there dirty, hot, sore, and exhausted. But the worst of that is done, and it looks like a classroom.

So enough bitching. It's a beautiful campus with a fabulous faculty and i am getting paid well for a teacher.

But jesus god in heaven, do we work hard or what?
Old 08-21-2011, 05:17 AM   #16
Red Dirt Girl

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
PrincessPrettyPants, please.
Relationship Status:
Excellent.

Red Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST Reputation

Of course I know nothing about this situation other than what you wrote, but WTF?? That sounds crappy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post
i'd love to talk about it online, but a member has threatened to out me to my school as ?? i guess a leather dyke.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:15 AM   #17
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa View Post
I teach online classes and was wondering if anyone else teaches online full time or part time?

Melissa
Hey Melissa,

I've been thinking about looking into this. I have an MS in Community Economic Development and an MBA, but no education background other than having taught a ton of workshops in my professional life.

How did you get started? Any advice for a possible newbie?

Thanks!
Old 08-21-2011, 08:00 AM   #18
Invictus

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch

Wednesday is the first day back for teachers...3 days of inservice training, kids come back a week from tomorrow. Sooooo...I will be going in tomorrow and tuesday to tidy things up since we will have absolutely no time to prep classrooms this week. We all got an email from Admin....oh yeah... Freshman Orientation...monday night...you need to be here. Good thing I didnt have anything planned.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:08 AM   #19
Anastasia

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Not Looking

Anastasia Has the BEST ReputationAnastasia Has the BEST ReputationAnastasia Has the BEST ReputationAnastasia Has the BEST ReputationAnastasia Has the BEST ReputationAnastasia Has the BEST ReputationAnastasia Has the BEST ReputationAnastasia Has the BEST ReputationAnastasia Has the BEST ReputationAnastasia Has the BEST ReputationAnastasia Has the BEST Reputation

We had our teacher work day on Friday and then the kids come back on Monday. I teach an Advanced Placement class so I started meeting with those students a week ago, but I am looking forward to getting back into the routine.

I am such a nerd I get so excited right before school starts. Funny that in June I am ready to sell a kidney to get away from them. I guess I need the summer to miss them again.

I am having my "before school starts" stress dreams though. Yu know where're you have like 50 kids in your class and no one is listening to you and then they all start to walk out...

My best friend teaches severely handicapped special Ed for an elementary school. She 'only' has 14 students, but I would not do (or be able to do) her job for all the money in the world.

I have to go in today to get some more stuff ready. I have been going everyday for 2 weeks and it seems the more I do to get ready the more 'unready' I feel.
Anastasia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anastasia For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2011, 09:21 AM   #20
Invictus

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch

I am having my "before school starts" stress dreams though. Yu know where're you have like 50 kids in your class and no one is listening to you...

Welcome to my reality....50 would be a small class though.

Good luck with the start of the new school year