Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2020, 11:18 PM   #1461
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~
 
~ocean's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Massachusetts ~coastal
Posts: 7,905
Thanks: 22,958
Thanked 16,156 Times in 4,737 Posts
Rep Power: 21474856
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation
Default

I was in pain last weekend so off to the ER I went ~ after a cat scan I have kidney stones << no big deal but they saw area's of concern near the esophagus and liver now I get a PET scan Aug. 5th . I am keeping my fingers crossed after being in remission for 5 years lot's of blood work this coming week . I just found out I am going to be a grandmother again ))) this will be grandchild # 2 ~ I'm very excited ~ did you all know the new neutral color is in grey tones a floor or a rug ok ~ but infant clothes ~ no no . they find out in a 3 weeks or 4 if it's a boy or girl. I'm not buying grey ! there will be 14 years between Jonathan and this baby . lol I told him when he will be walking with the baby the girls are going to flirt with him. lol it's like having a cute puppy ! I just don't want to cause my daughter any stress w/ my health. with the news of the cat scan last week her tears broke my heart. this is no time for God to have a sense of humor ~ sort to speak ~
__________________
~ Always, ocean
~ocean is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ~ocean For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2020, 09:29 AM   #1462
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever
 
clay's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2011
Location: Palm trees & beaches
Posts: 12,799
Thanks: 93,416
Thanked 30,718 Times in 7,443 Posts
Rep Power: 21474860
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ocean View Post
I was in pain last weekend so off to the ER I went ~ after a cat scan I have kidney stones << no big deal but they saw area's of concern near the esophagus and liver now I get a PET scan Aug. 5th . I am keeping my fingers crossed after being in remission for 5 years lot's of blood work this coming week . I just found out I am going to be a grandmother again ))) this will be grandchild # 2 ~ I'm very excited ~ did you all know the new neutral color is in grey tones a floor or a rug ok ~ but infant clothes ~ no no . they find out in a 3 weeks or 4 if it's a boy or girl. I'm not buying grey ! there will be 14 years between Jonathan and this baby . lol I told him when he will be walking with the baby the girls are going to flirt with him. lol it's like having a cute puppy ! I just don't want to cause my daughter any stress w/ my health. with the news of the cat scan last week her tears broke my heart. this is no time for God to have a sense of humor ~ sort to speak ~
Ohhhssshhhh...will lift you up & keep space for you in my heart! YOU.GOT.THIS!! I also agree...tones of grey..for a baby...nahhh...a house or room, yes, BUT not a baby's wardrobe....

(((((((((((((((((((Ohhhsshhhhhhhh)....xo
ETA: Congratulations on the new grandbaby!
__________________
To find someone who will love you for no reason, and to shower that person with reasons, that is the ultimate happiness. ~Robert Brault
clay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to clay For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2020, 09:37 AM   #1463
firegal
Senior Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't let the gal part of my screen name fool ya I,m ALL butch!
 
firegal's Avatar
 
1 Highscore

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Tacoma,Washington
Posts: 2,899
Thanks: 15,767
Thanked 11,700 Times in 2,462 Posts
Rep Power: 21474850
firegal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ocean View Post
I was in pain last weekend so off to the ER I went ~ after a cat scan I have kidney stones << no big deal but they saw area's of concern near the esophagus and liver now I get a PET scan Aug. 5th . I am keeping my fingers crossed after being in remission for 5 years lot's of blood work this coming week . I just found out I am going to be a grandmother again ))) this will be grandchild # 2 ~ I'm very excited ~ did you all know the new neutral color is in grey tones a floor or a rug ok ~ but infant clothes ~ no no . they find out in a 3 weeks or 4 if it's a boy or girl. I'm not buying grey ! there will be 14 years between Jonathan and this baby . lol I told him when he will be walking with the baby the girls are going to flirt with him. lol it's like having a cute puppy ! I just don't want to cause my daughter any stress w/ my health. with the news of the cat scan last week her tears broke my heart. this is no time for God to have a sense of humor ~ sort to speak ~
Congrats on another grand baby..... and ill be praying for good results on your blood work. Hugs to you.
firegal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to firegal For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2020, 10:13 PM   #1464
rustedrims
Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
 
rustedrims's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northern Ohio close to Lake Erie and ice-cream places
Posts: 440
Thanks: 3,081
Thanked 2,503 Times in 363 Posts
Rep Power: 21474848
rustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputation
Default Hi....

Feeling restless all last week waiting to see the Dr. on friday. Had a kid in town on thursday so spent some time with her. Had a good time. After she left i see that Mom called. Called her back. I could tell by her voice somethin was up. Her sister my aunt had passed. Feel sad we couldnt get in there to see her. She was just to busted up to make her new again. I will miss her.

Well now it is friday 10:30am. Waiting to see the Dr. .Starring at the floor and pickin at my finger. My name is called and I look up and follow Nancy to "the room" . No hug or kiss. She went right into my kidney biopsy. Yeah I got it back. Almost 3 years in remisson. Start treatments in a few weeks. Why do i gotta f####ng wait!! I hope I dont go into stage 4 waiting on insurance to approve my treatments. Thats messed up !! Getting an IV drip insted of chemo or radiation. Had radiation last time. Its the same stuff I had in my head. Slow growing. Give insurance time to get caught up. Stayed home yesterday to just be quiet and think whats gonna happen. Thinkin that I should be doing something at my yards. Better not cause my head wasnt in it. Might hurt myself not thinkin.

Today again balls to the wall to get my stuff done before treatments. Makes me feel good doing that.That stuff does what it does BUT it is NOT takin my yards away from me!

Thank you very much for reading my ramblings and caring.

s
__________________
I don't want to be perfect because if I was then I will loose the ability to learn.
rustedrims is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to rustedrims For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2020, 12:01 AM   #1465
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever
 
clay's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2011
Location: Palm trees & beaches
Posts: 12,799
Thanks: 93,416
Thanked 30,718 Times in 7,443 Posts
Rep Power: 21474860
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustedrims View Post
Feeling restless all last week waiting to see the Dr. on friday. Had a kid in town on thursday so spent some time with her. Had a good time. After she left i see that Mom called. Called her back. I could tell by her voice somethin was up. Her sister my aunt had passed. Feel sad we couldnt get in there to see her. She was just to busted up to make her new again. I will miss her.

Well now it is friday 10:30am. Waiting to see the Dr. .Starring at the floor and pickin at my finger. My name is called and I look up and follow Nancy to "the room" . No hug or kiss. She went right into my kidney biopsy. Yeah I got it back. Almost 3 years in remisson. Start treatments in a few weeks. Why do i gotta f####ng wait!! I hope I dont go into stage 4 waiting on insurance to approve my treatments. Thats messed up !! Getting an IV drip insted of chemo or radiation. Had radiation last time. Its the same stuff I had in my head. Slow growing. Give insurance time to get caught up. Stayed home yesterday to just be quiet and think whats gonna happen. Thinkin that I should be doing something at my yards. Better not cause my head wasnt in it. Might hurt myself not thinkin.

Today again balls to the wall to get my stuff done before treatments. Makes me feel good doing that.That stuff does what it does BUT it is NOT takin my yards away from me!

Thank you very much for reading my ramblings and caring.

s
S....I am so very sorry to hear this, & I know exactly how devastating that hearing a diagnosis of the C is, firsthand.

Remain as focused & as positive as you can. Holding space for you, my friend!!

My heartfelt condolences to you & your family on the death of your aunt. I am very sad you are having to deal with this doubly heartbreaking news.

Hang in there. be gentle with you. Loving hugs, S.
__________________
To find someone who will love you for no reason, and to shower that person with reasons, that is the ultimate happiness. ~Robert Brault
clay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to clay For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2020, 07:31 PM   #1466
rustedrims
Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
 
rustedrims's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northern Ohio close to Lake Erie and ice-cream places
Posts: 440
Thanks: 3,081
Thanked 2,503 Times in 363 Posts
Rep Power: 21474848
rustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputation
Default hi

Gotta start with an apology. I am sorry bout my last post. Kinda went off on my stuff. Sittin here alone thinkin bout what I am going to be going through. I did get my phone call today. Insurance didnt take as long as I thought it was going to. I start my treatments wednesday. Would start tomorrow but I am not going to miss Aunt Sherrys funeral. Going to get 5 treatments then a CT scan to see if that stuff worked. Then after that life goes on with me in it. thankyou

s
__________________
I don't want to be perfect because if I was then I will loose the ability to learn.
rustedrims is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rustedrims For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2020, 10:52 PM   #1467
rustedrims
Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
 
rustedrims's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northern Ohio close to Lake Erie and ice-cream places
Posts: 440
Thanks: 3,081
Thanked 2,503 Times in 363 Posts
Rep Power: 21474848
rustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputation
Default

On Wednesday I will be getting my 3rd treatment. Starting my 2nd fight with this stuff. I am a little scared.Sometimes I don't want to go to sleep. Going to step quietly out the back door and get myself through this as best as I can. Thank you all for all the kind words and support over the past years. Prayers for us all.

s
__________________
I don't want to be perfect because if I was then I will loose the ability to learn.
rustedrims is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to rustedrims For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2020, 01:33 PM   #1468
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever
 
clay's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2011
Location: Palm trees & beaches
Posts: 12,799
Thanks: 93,416
Thanked 30,718 Times in 7,443 Posts
Rep Power: 21474860
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustedrims View Post
On Wednesday I will be getting my 3rd treatment. Starting my 2nd fight with this stuff. I am a little scared.Sometimes I don't want to go to sleep. Going to step quietly out the back door and get myself through this as best as I can. Thank you all for all the kind words and support over the past years. Prayers for us all.

s
Saving space for you. Healing energies, S. Take care of you!!
__________________
To find someone who will love you for no reason, and to shower that person with reasons, that is the ultimate happiness. ~Robert Brault
clay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to clay For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2021, 05:30 PM   #1469
rustedrims
Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
 
rustedrims's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northern Ohio close to Lake Erie and ice-cream places
Posts: 440
Thanks: 3,081
Thanked 2,503 Times in 363 Posts
Rep Power: 21474848
rustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputation
Default hi

Been a while since I have been here. Had to figure things out and get myself through my second fight. In the meantime being happy and relieved that I got my kidney straightened up my liver felt left out. Enzymes went nutz. This time it was an easy fix. Started slammin the water down and that seemed to help level things out. Still scared me. Had an MRI on my head and waiting for 2 weeks to hear from the Dr. to look at my pictures. I finally called and she told me the reason I wasnt called is because my pictures were good. Come on now! You tell me the bad stuff so why not tell me the good stuff. Spent the waiting time worrying. Feeling good while fighting the fight. Prayers for us all.

thanks for reading

s
__________________
I don't want to be perfect because if I was then I will loose the ability to learn.
rustedrims is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rustedrims For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2021, 11:49 AM   #1470
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver
 
Chad's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,164
Thanks: 11,746
Thanked 20,324 Times in 5,677 Posts
Rep Power: 21474855
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default Cancer

I talked to my cousin this morning, she is an RN. She was at the hospital with my aunt (her mom). My aunt is 83 and has had cancer twice now in her 80's. It seems odd to me because it is not a mass or tumor. It is just spots that show up in different places in her body. My aunt is strong but this time the cancer is really making her suffer. Our family will rally around her and my mom's brother.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2021, 07:01 PM   #1471
GeorgiaMa'am
Senior Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
involved - poly
 
GeorgiaMa'am's Avatar
 
14 Highscores

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 4,614
Thanks: 33,836
Thanked 23,543 Times in 4,125 Posts
Rep Power: 21474853
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation
Default

I thought I had gotten lucky and slid under the wire. The first chemo treatment and the day after were a piece of cake. The next day, a little dry mouth and a nagging headache and not much appetite, but nothing I couldn't handle. Then last night, this stuff kicked my butt. It feels like the chemo irritated all my joints, and my arthritis is pretty unbearable. I didn't get any sleep at all last night, and I couldn't nap today. I can only spend a few minutes in one position without my knees and back seizing up.

I ordered some Salonpas pain relief patches on Amazon Fresh, and they should arrive within the next hour. Hopefully they will help - I have never tried them before, but I'm willing to try anything at the moment.
__________________
-Georgia Ma'am

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will live as one.

- John Lennon and Yoko Ono
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2021, 07:10 AM   #1472
rustedrims
Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
 
rustedrims's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northern Ohio close to Lake Erie and ice-cream places
Posts: 440
Thanks: 3,081
Thanked 2,503 Times in 363 Posts
Rep Power: 21474848
rustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Been keeping myself busy so I don't think of stuff.

Finally started my maintenance treatments after around a year of insurance denying me. Got that stuff back once and don't want it back again. Last I was told I have a treatment every 8 weeks for 2 years. Still getting my MRI and CT scan every 6 months. Pictures are coming back good. Couldn't wait for retirement and figuring out what I wanted to do with my time. Did not plan fighting the fight was one of my things to do. Been a year retirement already. My nephew is getting married the 19th. Going to be there for the 3 day event. Back home then the 21st blood work and 22nd treatment. I am still able to drive myself. Not loosing my hair this time.

Thanks for reading and caring.

s
__________________
I don't want to be perfect because if I was then I will loose the ability to learn.
rustedrims is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to rustedrims For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2021, 04:00 PM   #1473
Kätzchen
~*~*~*~*~

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Real Lucky ツ
 
Kätzchen's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Pearly Skies
Posts: 14,418
Thanks: 36,203
Thanked 30,266 Times in 9,321 Posts
Rep Power: 21474863
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustedrims View Post
Been keeping myself busy so I don't think of stuff.

Finally started my maintenance treatments after around a year of insurance denying me. Got that stuff back once and don't want it back again. Last I was told I have a treatment every 8 weeks for 2 years. Still getting my MRI and CT scan every 6 months. Pictures are coming back good. Couldn't wait for retirement and figuring out what I wanted to do with my time. Did not plan fighting the fight was one of my things to do. Been a year retirement already. My nephew is getting married the 19th. Going to be there for the 3 day event. Back home then the 21st blood work and 22nd treatment. I am still able to drive myself. Not loosing my hair this time.

Thanks for reading and caring.

s
I'm glad to hear that you are keeping yourself busy, with everyday life.

My fiancé has stage 4 Kidney cancer. Life is no cake walk. He keeps busy with his commitments at his organization as well as in other facets of life. He is a strong individual but he has his limits, like anybody else who is dealing with daily struggles over his health and health care regimen.

Thanks for sharing Rusted-rims.

Sending peace and wellness wishes your way,

--K.
__________________

Kätzchen
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2021, 07:34 AM   #1474
rustedrims
Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
 
rustedrims's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northern Ohio close to Lake Erie and ice-cream places
Posts: 440
Thanks: 3,081
Thanked 2,503 Times in 363 Posts
Rep Power: 21474848
rustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputation
Default hi...

Treatments are going good. Well I learned the hard way about how important drinking water is. It swells up the veins so I only get stuck once! Think we all know about blowouts. Maybe every second or third time I go home with one. Those things hurt! Not to mention the dark purple spot stays a while. Nobody likes going but the nurses that hook me up are real nice to me. They make it not so bad. Always asking if I need anything and how I am feeling. Bringing me snacks when I didn't bring any. My Dr. is just as nice. She is from Japan. Very smart lady. I like everyone that helps me and nobody wants a nurse that is in a bad mood.

MRI first of the year then 6 months a CT Scan. I get some juice for that. The nurses there are just as nice. I have more of a friendship with them because more one on one. They also make it not so bad. Been there so much it's just comfortable with them. Nonthreatening atmosphere. We all want that with what we all have to deal with. We all just keep fighting the fight. My best wishes to us all.

s
__________________
I don't want to be perfect because if I was then I will loose the ability to learn.
rustedrims is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rustedrims For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2022, 08:43 PM   #1475
rustedrims
Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
 
rustedrims's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northern Ohio close to Lake Erie and ice-cream places
Posts: 440
Thanks: 3,081
Thanked 2,503 Times in 363 Posts
Rep Power: 21474848
rustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputation
Default hi

I am heart broken. My cousin Dave has lost his fight of 3 years days ago. I will miss him terribly. It hit me hard in the parking lot at the hospital. Started crying and couldn't stop. I was there for a CT scan. I realized he wouldn't be there to tell how it went. We kept in close contact of what we were going through. I got it first but he got it harder and more of it. When I got in there I told the girls what was going on with me so they knew they were not hurting me. Lost it again. I was waiting for my jacked up water to drink and never got it. I told Jen that I didn't get my water. She told me why I didn't get it. Turns out there is a shortage of that stuff. They get it from China! When I get my treatments they mix it up when I get there! Why does that stuff come all the way from China and they can mix the treatment stuff up when I get there?!..

Got to thinking the other day....... My last maintainance treatment is October 2023. The other day I was out cutting up broken branches on a tree. A lady came out and asked me what I was doing? I should have told her I was staying in remission. Then started to think that every time I get
a treatment it takes away a little bit from me. I don't notice things right away but there are things missing. I love to do yard work! Cut branches up stack the sticks deliver them and mow yards! I will fight as long as I can to keep that part of me! What I did loose is strength balance and coordination. Gotta have that to ride the bike. Yeah I can zip around very short distances but that's not riding. Not relaxed and comfortable like I need to be to ride. Sold the bike today. That stuff took away 2 things I love dearly .Dave and riding.

Thank you for reading my ramblings and be safe out there.

s
__________________
I don't want to be perfect because if I was then I will loose the ability to learn.
rustedrims is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rustedrims For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2022, 02:10 PM   #1476
pynkkameleon
Member

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Girly ones
Relationship Status:
Riding off into the sunset with my Cowboi
 
pynkkameleon's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 124
Thanks: 1,236
Thanked 460 Times in 92 Posts
Rep Power: 6520559
pynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputation
Default Popping in to say hello..

It’s been an awfully long minute since I last posted here. Life happens and time just seems to fly by.

Sending out my deepest and heartfelt condolences to those of you that have lost loved ones. I can see that there have been some tremendous losses recently for some of you. I wish you peace and comfort to help you heal your hearts.

I was diagnosed with stage IV recurrence this past May. Breast cancer to my bones and chest wall. Treatable but no longer curable. Originally it was stage 2b in 2009. Although I’m pretty annoyed by this latest bit of everything, I’m in a very good and happy place in my life right now. My two youngest, will turn 21 in 3 months. Our son lives at home with us and our daughter recently moved in with her boyfriend of almost 4 years. My two older ones are very happy, stable and in strong relationships. One lives in Alaska and the other in Oregon. TexasCowboi and I will celebrate 7 years married next weekend, 10 years officially together. We purchased an old but (mostly) sturdy motorhome late last year (lovingly named “The Green Turd”) with grand plans of sneaking in some adventures over the next few years as TC inches closer to retirement. Right now, those plans are on hold though while we deal with this nonsense.

In the meantime, treatment for now is pretty straightforward. Ibrance and anastrasole pills daily, Zometa infusions monthly. This will continue until I build up a tolerance to the meds and have to move on. I have very few mutations, so for now it limits my options. I’m not eligible for any stage IV studies and there are currently only 5-7 treatment line options available for me, so the longer I can stay on one line, the better. Traditional chemo will be around the 3rd to 4th line. I’ll have my first new set of CT scans on the 17th to see if the medicine is working and everything is staying stable. Side effects so far are very tolerable. Some nausea, aches and pains and fatigue mostly. I just switched to a new Oncologist and she’s promised to keep us in the loop every step of the way and not sugarcoat anything. She’s young, smart as a whip and breast cancer is her specialty. This is still pretty new for us and we are learning as we go. I learned to be my own expert the first time around but we’ve quickly learned that metastatic disease is a whole different beast and treated much differently. Stability is the name of the game now. Scans every 3 months and monthly infusions with labs every month for the foreseeable future are the new normal. As are making lots of new memories and enjoying many adventures filled with laughter. Because that’s the way we roll anyway. This was just a reminder that time is short and to not take any of it for granted.

Thinking of you all. Check in if you feel up to it and let us know how you and yours are doing.
Big love. Be good to you.
Vonni -
__________________
~Vonni~

Don't define your world in black and white..


There is so much hiding amongst the greys


❤❤❤❤❤
pynkkameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pynkkameleon For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2022, 09:25 PM   #1477
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever
 
clay's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2011
Location: Palm trees & beaches
Posts: 12,799
Thanks: 93,416
Thanked 30,718 Times in 7,443 Posts
Rep Power: 21474860
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default

((((((((((((((((Vonni)))))))))))

It is great seeing a rep from you & here on BFP> BUT I am saddened to hear this latest challenge!

Thought of you over the last few years, wondered how you were doing, and smiling at our chats we had long ago!!

It made me smile, seeing you with TC & how happy you are!! I know how much you wanted that, too!!

As you can see, I am now married, waiting on my sweetie to retire in next few months, so we can travel! We bought a retro camper that is in excellent, original shape, with exception of a newer fridge. We dubbed her BleuBelle, camp with a great group of older ladies, & have a blast. We go a few days every month, & are booked up now until Aug 2023!! I am very happy, and have a winderful wife!!

Know I hold space for you in my heart & we send you white light energies!! Thinking of you & TC as you travel this challenging road ahead now.Much love, always, pynk!! clay



Quote:
Originally Posted by pynkkameleon View Post
It’s been an awfully long minute since I last posted here. Life happens and time just seems to fly by.

Sending out my deepest and heartfelt condolences to those of you that have lost loved ones. I can see that there have been some tremendous losses recently for some of you. I wish you peace and comfort to help you heal your hearts.

I was diagnosed with stage IV recurrence this past May. Breast cancer to my bones and chest wall. Treatable but no longer curable. Originally it was stage 2b in 2009. Although I’m pretty annoyed by this latest bit of everything, I’m in a very good and happy place in my life right now. My two youngest, will turn 21 in 3 months. Our son lives at home with us and our daughter recently moved in with her boyfriend of almost 4 years. My two older ones are very happy, stable and in strong relationships. One lives in Alaska and the other in Oregon. TexasCowboi and I will celebrate 7 years married next weekend, 10 years officially together. We purchased an old but (mostly) sturdy motorhome late last year (lovingly named “The Green Turd”) with grand plans of sneaking in some adventures over the next few years as TC inches closer to retirement. Right now, those plans are on hold though while we deal with this nonsense.

In the meantime, treatment for now is pretty straightforward. Ibrance and anastrasole pills daily, Zometa infusions monthly. This will continue until I build up a tolerance to the meds and have to move on. I have very few mutations, so for now it limits my options. I’m not eligible for any stage IV studies and there are currently only 5-7 treatment line options available for me, so the longer I can stay on one line, the better. Traditional chemo will be around the 3rd to 4th line. I’ll have my first new set of CT scans on the 17th to see if the medicine is working and everything is staying stable. Side effects so far are very tolerable. Some nausea, aches and pains and fatigue mostly. I just switched to a new Oncologist and she’s promised to keep us in the loop every step of the way and not sugarcoat anything. She’s young, smart as a whip and breast cancer is her specialty. This is still pretty new for us and we are learning as we go. I learned to be my own expert the first time around but we’ve quickly learned that metastatic disease is a whole different beast and treated much differently. Stability is the name of the game now. Scans every 3 months and monthly infusions with labs every month for the foreseeable future are the new normal. As are making lots of new memories and enjoying many adventures filled with laughter. Because that’s the way we roll anyway. This was just a reminder that time is short and to not take any of it for granted.

Thinking of you all. Check in if you feel up to it and let us know how you and yours are doing.
Big love. Be good to you.
Vonni -
__________________
To find someone who will love you for no reason, and to shower that person with reasons, that is the ultimate happiness. ~Robert Brault
clay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to clay For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2022, 11:00 PM   #1478
pynkkameleon
Member

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Girly ones
Relationship Status:
Riding off into the sunset with my Cowboi
 
pynkkameleon's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 124
Thanks: 1,236
Thanked 460 Times in 92 Posts
Rep Power: 6520559
pynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputationpynkkameleon Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clay View Post
((((((((((((((((Vonni)))))))))))

It is great seeing a rep from you & here on BFP> BUT I am saddened to hear this latest challenge!

Thought of you over the last few years, wondered how you were doing, and smiling at our chats we had long ago!!

It made me smile, seeing you with TC & how happy you are!! I know how much you wanted that, too!!

As you can see, I am now married, waiting on my sweetie to retire in next few months, so we can travel! We bought a retro camper that is in excellent, original shape, with exception of a newer fridge. We dubbed her BleuBelle, camp with a great group of older ladies, & have a blast. We go a few days every month, & are booked up now until Aug 2023!! I am very happy, and have a winderful wife!!

Know I hold space for you in my heart & we send you white light energies!! Thinking of you & TC as you travel this challenging road ahead now.Much love, always, pynk!! clay
(((((((Clay!)))))))

Well hello there old friend! It’s been far too long since we last caught up. Thank you for your words of love and support.

I’m very happy to hear that you’ve found your person and are doing so well! It sounds like you are truly living your best life right now. Long overdue but clearly you’ve just saved the best for last
__________________
~Vonni~

Don't define your world in black and white..


There is so much hiding amongst the greys


❤❤❤❤❤
pynkkameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pynkkameleon For This Useful Post:
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:11 PM.


ButchFemmePlanet.com
All information copyright of BFP 2018