Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Fine Wine: Folks Over 50

Old 07-03-2010, 08:16 PM   #1301
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

Just had dinner awhile ago, and I'm watching Edge of Darkness for about the 4th time.

no plans for the 4th.

Have a good one.
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 10:48 PM   #1302
friskyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
precious
Relationship Status:
down to earth

friskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Hello Lofters,

Hope you have a great weekend!
Old 07-04-2010, 06:27 AM   #1303
Cowboi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Holding My Red Circle

1 Highscore

Thanked 3,962 Times in 1,230 Posts
Cowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinonahigh View Post
I still injoy a night out at the gbar,just not fond of not haveing as much fun as I once did.The place had some of the best queens around for a show twice a week..now not so much,either they got tired of it,got run off for not meeting the standard of the head queen or found a better place to be.If I had someone to go out with I to, would go out more than I do...ever come to Shereveport?? Or I could add wherever u r inTexas to my travel plands after im done with the back surgery or what ever they do with it.
This intestinal thing I have is better but now the doc has taken me off all the meds till I see him monday morning..the antibiotics were giveing me a prob I dont need.

I live in Monroe. I wouldnt mind getting together with some folks to hang out!!!
Old 07-04-2010, 06:46 AM   #1304
MysticOceansFL

How Do You Identify?:
Butch,
Preferred Pronoun?:
People call me by my nic name.
Relationship Status:
Not Single, Not Desperate.

Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,720 Posts
MysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew, Jr. View Post
Hi All! I'm 46 yo. This last year has really aged me. Life is very unfair, and unkind, but I am surviving.

I will definitely be back to see my friends who are in the same boat.

Namaste,
Andrew

Hello to all who are graciously getting older I am 47 and I think life gets better as you age! and I am a great great Aunte!
MysticOceansFL is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MysticOceansFL For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2010, 08:11 AM   #1305
Wryly

How Do You Identify?:
bemused butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
polite ones, please
Relationship Status:
single butch

Thanked 1,568 Times in 620 Posts
Wryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST Reputation

Happy Independence Day to all you Americans!

Well - my weekend plans changed - I ended up not going to my SIL's place. Instead I went to the Dyke March in Toronto. Walked around the gay village and saw what was there to be seen. Didn't go into any of the beer tents - I find stuff like that is more fun if you are with a friend. Had a snack and walked around some more. Then I got my eyebrow pierced - which really tired me out so I left Toronto earlier than planned. Damn I'm old!!!
Today I'm going to tidy up the apartment and then go pick my sister up at the train station this afternoon.

My .02 on the younger/older: I've never dated anyone a lot younger than myself - like in their 20s but I would date someone in their late 30s. I am 47.

MysticOceans - I'm a great Auntie too. My brother, who is a year older, is a grandfather.

Wryly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 08:17 AM   #1306
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Thanked 1,690 Times in 1,064 Posts
lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation

Happy 4th of July to all those celebrating, don't go blowing yourself up with those fireworks. Well for me they are illegal here in this part of NJ but at night I hear people lighting them. Anyway, no plans for me. My family doesn't bother with me so its just me and the dogs!! have a great one..
lipstixgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 09:06 AM   #1307
Daktari

Happy Independence Day to y'all. I hope everyone is having a fantastic time doing what they want to do with whoever they want to do it with.

I'm feeling rather the worse for wear today after attending a barbecue party with friends yesterday. *holds head*

Mrs.Incubus got her gorgeous curls cut short. Well short with a long fringe (I think you 'mericans call it bangs). It looks fantastic and she looks as gorgeous as ever and she brought me a hank of what was cut off too.
Old 07-04-2010, 09:47 AM   #1308
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incubus View Post
Happy Independence Day to y'all. I hope everyone is having a fantastic time doing what they want to do with whoever they want to do it with.

I'm feeling rather the worse for wear today after attending a barbecue party with friends yesterday. *holds head*

Mrs.Incubus got her gorgeous curls cut short. Well short with a long fringe (I think you 'mericans call it bangs). It looks fantastic and she looks as gorgeous as ever and she brought me a hank of what was cut off too.
Oh Incubus you are too funny with your words. Yes we mericans call them bangs. You call them fringes that's interesting. So you have a hangover that's what thats called. Take some alka seltzer for you head and tummy!! Its now lunch time and I'm going to eat my chicken sandwich. Think I going to make scones today need heavy cream though which means I have to go to the store ugh!! Or maybe yet have some strong coffee or you don't drink that have some that will help too. Have a happy day all.
Old 07-04-2010, 09:52 AM   #1309
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation
Default Cowboi

Me either.give a holla ad let me know when.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 04:40 AM   #1310
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipstixgal View Post
Oh Incubus you are too funny with your words. Yes we mericans call them bangs. You call them fringes that's interesting. So you have a hangover that's what thats called. Take some alka seltzer for you head and tummy!! Its now lunch time and I'm going to eat my chicken sandwich. Think I going to make scones today need heavy cream though which means I have to go to the store ugh!! Or maybe yet have some strong coffee or you don't drink that have some that will help too. Have a happy day all.
I rather like that we are "two nations divided by a common language" ...tomayto, tomarto and all that jazz!

I have recovered from what was a most severe hangover - never ever drink neat Pimms folks, I know I never shall again!

Did you make scones lipstixgal?

Old 07-05-2010, 05:13 AM   #1311
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticOceansFL View Post
Hello to all who are graciously getting older I am 47 and I think life gets better as you age! and I am a great great Aunte!
Us butches never age LOL!
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 05:17 AM   #1312
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Quote:
I rather like that we are "two nations divided by a common language" ...tomayto, tomarto and all that jazz!

I have recovered from what was a most severe hangover - never ever drink neat Pimms folks, I know I never shall again!

Did you make scones lipstixgal?

I'm going to try to make those today if the weather cooperates its hot here and don't want to turn on the oven...anyway what is Pimms? A beer?? Just wondering it sounds good but the hangover is the worst right?? Never had it don't think they have it in the USA!! Anyway, did nothing at all to celebrate the holiday just another day for me!! School starts tomorrow so UGH!! Back to the old grind..haha
Old 07-05-2010, 05:30 AM   #1313
Daktari

Quote:
I'm going to try to make those today if the weather cooperates its hot here and don't want to turn on the oven...anyway what is Pimms? A beer?? Just wondering it sounds good but the hangover is the worst right?? Never had it don't think they have it in the USA!! Anyway, did nothing at all to celebrate the holiday just another day for me!! School starts tomorrow so UGH!! Back to the old grind..haha
Oh my! hot weather is certainly not conducive to baking and having the oven on at all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pimm%27s
It seems that since I hit menopause the hangovers happen much more easily. Lesson learnt, I shall adjust to it and be very careful when I attend parties in the future.

Old 07-05-2010, 08:12 AM   #1314
Diavolo

How Do You Identify?:
Butch

Diavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Oh my! hot weather is certainly not conducive to baking and having the oven on at all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pimm%27s
It seems that since I hit menopause the hangovers happen much more easily. Lesson learnt, I shall adjust to it and be very careful when I attend parties in the future.

Oh God! Pimm's had an event at the bar I worked out years ago. I can still hear the sing song cadence of the jingle, I just can't remember more than Pimm's, perfectly...

That seemed like a hangover in a bottle to me back then. Ouch. I presume you're better by now.
Diavolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 08:25 AM   #1315
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diavolo View Post
Oh God! Pimm's had an event at the bar I worked out years ago. I can still hear the sing song cadence of the jingle, I just can't remember more than Pimm's, perfectly...

That seemed like a hangover in a bottle to me back then. Ouch. I presume you're better by now.

Ahaaah! you know the Pimms hangover too huh?...I am indeed back in the land of the living again after a Twilight Zone Sunday thank-you.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:25 AM   #1316
Diavolo

How Do You Identify?:
Butch

Diavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Ahaaah! you know the Pimms hangover too huh?...I am indeed back in the land of the living again after a Twilight Zone Sunday thank-you.
Pimm's -perfectly proper and positively...something, can't remember. They said it all night long. Never drank that stuff after that night.
Diavolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 10:44 AM   #1317
friskyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
precious
Relationship Status:
down to earth

friskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Morning Lofters,

This weekend has been very relaxing for me. It' s been total me time. I am seriously afraid of loud noises fireworks, thunder, etc... So watching fireworks on TV is best for me. I got to see some of the best displays around the US.

Fortunately, I don't have a hangover.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:53 AM   #1318
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diavolo View Post
Pimm's -perfectly proper and positively...something, can't remember. They said it all night long. Never drank that stuff after that night.
Saturday was the first and last time I shall ever partake of Pimms, diluted or otherwise.

Old 07-05-2010, 12:24 PM   #1319
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

So no more of the PImms for you huh? Too much of a hangover that's too bad!! Anyway the reason why you had such a bad hangover is because women do not have an enzyme called alcohol dehyrogenase in their system like men do or rather they do not have enough of it. A little lesson in biochemistry for ya!!
Old 07-05-2010, 12:59 PM   #1320
Daktari

Quote:
So no more of the PImms for you huh? Too much of a hangover that's too bad!! Anyway the reason why you had such a bad hangover is because women do not have an enzyme called alcohol dehyrogenase in their system like men do or rather they do not have enough of it. A little lesson in biochemistry for ya!!
I have to say I've not suffered so horribly as a result of drinking alcohol since I was a early teenager at my first ever party without my folks. I aim never to get myself into such a state again. Damn that dehyrogenase!!

Tags
age, good news for once, mature