Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > THE BUTCHFEMMEPLANET PLANET > United States Forums > Oklahoma Forums

Old 05-15-2012, 10:27 AM   #21
Bella~Vita

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 1,322 Times in 443 Posts
Bella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAGG View Post
I haven't read all the posts so I may be repeating some facts, so forgive me.
I love Tulsa, it is a wonderful place to live and thrive . I believe every place is what you make it. Tulsa has been very good to me. When I moved here, literally I had no job, no material possesions except , a little nissan pickup a small motorcycle a dresser a pot and a frying pan. And a whopping 7 cents in my pocket, used my last dollar to move here. Got a job the first day I was here, and started to slowly rebuild my life. Tulsa made it easy for me to do. Low cost of living, low crime good wages. When I look at what I have today compared to the day I arrived, it puts a lump in my throat. I am grateful beyond words. I have never experienced any homophobic behavior aside from the usual stares. But I believe that has more to do with people trying to figure out if I'm a guy or a girl.I don't blame them, I would stare too, but when I speak to them, they say hello , smile and are frendly. Once in a great while I run across someone who whispers behind my back etc. 1 out of 200,000 isn't a big deal to me. You get that anywhere.
Neighbors look out for each other, help each other, some of my coworkers are brothers to me.
Tulsa has some of the best restaraunts, and one of the best music venues of any city in the US. Tulsa is a golf mecca. We have over 28 public courses and at least 12 private ones. The public courses are beautiful and very affordable. If you are a runner or cyclist we have miles of trails . In fact a new trail completed 2 yrs ago, spans the length of the city, so no worries about dodging traffic while you workout.
Okay that's enough for now.
Hey Diva thanks for the awesome thread, love the title!
It's sounds like a wonder place to live. I know I get tired of reading about all the crime here in FL. Good luck to you jagg.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:51 AM   #22
thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore
Tournaments Won: 4

Thanked 11,662 Times in 2,292 Posts
thedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default gay tulsa!

Quote:
I haven't read all the posts so I may be repeating some facts, so forgive me.
I love Tulsa, it is a wonderful place to live and thrive . I believe every place is what you make it. Tulsa has been very good to me. When I moved here, literally I had no job, no material possesions except , a little nissan pickup a small motorcycle a dresser a pot and a frying pan. And a whopping 7 cents in my pocket, used my last dollar to move here. Got a job the first day I was here, and started to slowly rebuild my life. Tulsa made it easy for me to do. Low cost of living, low crime good wages. When I look at what I have today compared to the day I arrived, it puts a lump in my throat. I am grateful beyond words. I have never experienced any homophobic behavior aside from the usual stares. But I believe that has more to do with people trying to figure out if I'm a guy or a girl.I don't blame them, I would stare too, but when I speak to them, they say hello , smile and are frendly. Once in a great while I run across someone who whispers behind my back etc. 1 out of 200,000 isn't a big deal to me. You get that anywhere.
Neighbors look out for each other, help each other, some of my coworkers are brothers to me.
Tulsa has some of the best restaraunts, and one of the best music venues of any city in the US. Tulsa is a golf mecca. We have over 28 public courses and at least 12 private ones. The public courses are beautiful and very affordable. If you are a runner or cyclist we have miles of trails . In fact a new trail completed 2 yrs ago, spans the length of the city, so no worries about dodging traffic while you workout.
Okay that's enough for now.
Hey Diva thanks for the awesome thread, love the title!
Yeah, I've gotta say, Tulsa is a bit of a midwest gay mecca. All the LGBTQ folks from the rural areas within 100 miles or so will move here. We have the largest Pride center in the midwest right downtown, and lots of bars if that's your scene. And as you can probably imagine, a plethora of gay friendly churches. But there are tons and tons of gay families here. Our Pride has a whole kids section because there is such a need.

I'm out at work, I have been for the last 8 years or so at every job I've had, because I found that even in the most conservative work environments, people tend to react positively on an individual level. We don't have a gay "district" here, gay-friendly places are spread through town. We don't feel the need to segregate ourselves.

It's not the most liberal place in the world, but it's a little liberal oasis in Oklahoma, and a nice place to be "different", whether you're gay or just a weirdo. (or both like me)
thedivahrrrself is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thedivahrrrself For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2012, 06:38 PM   #23
gaea

How Do You Identify?:
femme

Thanked 14,363 Times in 3,381 Posts
gaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputation

Love this thread...

Keep writing my friend and keep posting pictures, im enjoying the tour!

Perhaps Jagg you can get a pic or tow of one of those many great golf courses..

Courage: the willingness to risk who you are for who you want to be and what you have for what you want

You're not who your past says you are, you are who you choose to be today moving forward.
gaea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gaea For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2012, 11:09 AM   #24
thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore

thedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaea View Post
Love this thread...

Keep writing my friend and keep posting pictures, im enjoying the tour!

Perhaps Jagg you can get a pic or tow of one of those many great golf courses..
You'll definitely have to ask JAGG about golf. Not my thing. Perfect waste of a lot of nice public land, if you ask me.
Old 05-26-2012, 11:25 AM   #25
thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums
Default Let's talk BARBEQUE!

OK, let's talk Oklahoma-style BBQ. For those of you who are BBQ fanatics, you my already know, but Okie style is a little sweeter than most, with none of that nasty mustard stuff they use in the Carolinas. EW. What IS that?

For those of you who like Kansas City style, or what I call Georgia/Mississippi style, you'll LOVE Oklahoma Barbeque! The sauce, like I mentioned has a little sweet in it. Depending on where you go, this could be honey or brown sugar. The good places will put a little clove in there too. MMM MMM MMMMMMMM For best results, mix the sweet sauce with a little bit of hot if you like a kick.

One of my favorite places in Tulsa is actually a Memphis Style BBQ place called Back Alley Blues and Barbeque. They have Okie Sauce and Memphis Sauce. (Memphis style is more vinegar-based.) I generally have the Okie with a little dash of hot sauce for the kick. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, right down to the corn and potatoes, is smoked. Here's a two meat dinner with pork and beef:

Now Back Alley is good, mainly because they have LOTS of sides, like the ones you see above, as well as Fried Pickles and Fried Green Tomatoes. (damn, I miss fried foods! but anyway...) BUT for the best meat in town, you'll have to go to a little place on the North side called Wilson's. Don't be fooled by their 2nd location near the University of Tulsa, it's not the same. Wilson's slogan is "You don't need teeth to eat our beef," and that couldn't be more accurate! If you're looking for beef that will make your mouth water, for smoked ribs that almost fall off the bone and melt in your mouth, Wilson's is the place to go. The menu is small and simple, but every bite is delicious, down to their homemade tiny sweet potato pies.

A pound of beef from Wilson's (makes about 6 meals for me LOL):

Old 05-26-2012, 11:32 AM   #26
Parker
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Butch. Lesbian. Dyke. Woman. Female.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

Thanked 11,730 Times in 2,432 Posts
Parker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedivahrrrself View Post
Aw, Parker, I'm sorry that happened. Tulsa is one of the gayest cities in the country (per capita). I went to our first Pride parade in 1999, and I can tell you things have come a LONG way since the early 2000's.

Charleston's is delish! I'm more of a locavore (Local Table is like Tulsa locavore heaven), but Charleston's is one chain I'll make an exception for. My work takes us there for dinner a few times a year. I always look forward to it.

Wish I could have met you when you were in town. As far as we can tell, JAGG and I are it for the B/F community here.
Well, that was 10 years ago, which is kind of a lifetime ago when it comes to gay rights and acceptance of gay people, so I wouldnt judge the city based solely on that!

I have to admit, it is one of the nicer places I have lived - I liked Tulsa better than Colorado Springs, Fresno, and of course, Missi-fucking-ssippi.

Like Jagg, I also moved there with nothing but my dog, my truck, and whatever could fit inside my truck - I had been re-cooperating from a serious illness while living with a friend in Mississippi, but she was moving, so it was either stay in MS or move someplace else. A friend lived in Tulsa and talked me into picking up and moving there - I got an apt in the complex she lived in and within a few days, I got a job.

It was tempting to stay there, but I really wanted to go back to school and being a vet meant it was free for me in IL, so I headed back "home."

I dont hate the 918.
Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Parker For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2012, 08:40 AM   #27
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,545 Times in 4,142 Posts
JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
You'll definitely have to ask JAGG about golf. Not my thing. Perfect waste of a lot of nice public land, if you ask me.
hahaha hey wait a second now. lol. I used to think the same thing until I got hooked!!!!
Old 05-29-2012, 08:53 AM   #28
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation

I bet you didn't know Brad Pitt (born in shawnee) James Garner and Chuck Norris were from Oklahoma.
We have the world's largest McDonalds. Lol that alone should make you want to visit. hahaha
Roy D Mercer (The dream child of Phil and Brent from KMOD radio in Tulsa)
is from Tulsa. lol
Tulsa is smack dab in the center of the US. So it's a short plane ride to anywhere north south east or west, if you're traveling in the states. Also Tulsa international airport is one of the easiest airports to get in and out of. And one of the quickest and most efficient TSA check points of any airport you pass through.
Although we are a land locked state, Tulsa has many nearby lakes and rivers. Just an outdoor paradise, if you like kayaking, canoeing, rafting, boating jet ski's. It's a campers dream come true. If you like to fish or just picnic, there are some very pristine waters and beautiful green setting to enjoy , your weekend in. If you like to rent a cabin on the water or just camp in a tent, there are hundreds of places to choose from. Very affordable BTW.
I'll post more later on.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:24 AM   #29
gaea

How Do You Identify?:
femme

gaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputation

since i do not eat at mcdonalds i had to go have a look and find out more about this mcdonalds business

pretty cool

Built by Conoco Oil Company in 1957, the Glass House
now features an Oklahoma Welcome Center,
an outstanding Gift Shop and the largest
McDonald's Restaurant in the world.
Over 1,000,000 travelers visit the Glass House each year.

pretty interesting stuff...

i don't suppose you have to worry about earthquakes?

Courage: the willingness to risk who you are for who you want to be and what you have for what you want

You're not who your past says you are, you are who you choose to be today moving forward.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gaea For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2012, 09:34 AM   #30
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Quote:
since i do not eat at mcdonalds i had to go have a look and find out more about this mcdonalds business

pretty cool

SSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
Old 05-29-2012, 09:47 AM   #31
gaea

How Do You Identify?:
femme

Quote:
SSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
does that confirm the no earthquake thing???

or are ya shushing me for another reason lol

The Following User Says Thank You to gaea For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2012, 01:14 PM   #32
thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums

Quote:

pretty cool

Yes, you pass the World's Largest McDonald's on the way to my mom's house. I used to think it was so cool when I was a kid. Now I'm like, my exit is almost here!
The Following User Says Thank You to thedivahrrrself For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2012, 01:19 PM   #33
thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums
Default hands down, one of the coolest places in Tulsa

The ADMIRAL TWIN!!!

It's back and opening this summer after the fire 2 years ago. I'm so glad!

I have spent many a night making out in the car while watching a movie I cared nothing about.

I have also spent a few nights in camping chairs with friends, having a picnic, a few beers (for them), and watching a flick.

And when we were kids and broke, this is how you got your friends in:

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to thedivahrrrself For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2012, 01:20 PM   #34
thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
does that confirm the no earthquake thing???

or are ya shushing me for another reason lol
We have teeny, tiny earthquakes. The kind that won't wake you if you have a good mattress.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:13 PM   #35
thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums

It's lake season in Green Country!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedivahrrrself For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2012, 10:50 PM   #36
Okiebug61

How Do You Identify?:
Light Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Hitched to Red

Thanked 5,381 Times in 1,245 Posts
Okiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST Reputation

I have very fond memories of Tulsa. My mother was born there in 1943 and voted the prettiest baby in the state. My great aunt Lois Parnell opened up the Pancake Place on 11th and Utica and introduced all the different pancake syrups to the state. My grandfather ran the place in the summers while school was out and my partner Red remembers her family going there on Sundays after church. My first solo trip as a child on a greyhound bus was traveling to spend the summer with my Pa and Granny. Utica Square was a major event of shopping for me. I so miss the house they owned on Yorktown and the screened in back porch where my army cot and all the items I needed were supplied for my summer vacation. I love the old Tulsa. Cherry Street Market. Went to my first Ms Gay Oklahoma at the old Camelot that has since been torn down. I do have to say it is a little to right winged for me but as always you make what you make with what you have. Can't beat the beauty of Green Country.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Okiebug61 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2012, 08:29 AM   #37
thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiebug61 View Post
I have very fond memories of Tulsa. My mother was born there in 1943 and voted the prettiest baby in the state. My great aunt Lois Parnell opened up the Pancake Place on 11th and Utica and introduced all the different pancake syrups to the state. My grandfather ran the place in the summers while school was out and my partner Red remembers her family going there on Sundays after church. My first solo trip as a child on a greyhound bus was traveling to spend the summer with my Pa and Granny. Utica Square was a major event of shopping for me. I so miss the house they owned on Yorktown and the screened in back porch where my army cot and all the items I needed were supplied for my summer vacation. I love the old Tulsa. Cherry Street Market. Went to my first Ms Gay Oklahoma at the old Camelot that has since been torn down. I do have to say it is a little to right winged for me but as always you make what you make with what you have. Can't beat the beauty of Green Country.
Everywhere in Oklahoma is somewhat right-wing. I find it to be more liberal than any other part of the state. I refer to Tulsa as the Austin of Oklahoma.

The Cherry Street market is still hoppin', especially this time of year. I need to go out Saturday and get some fresh Oklahoma blackberries, and other fruit, but Oklahoma grows blackberries like nowhere else!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thedivahrrrself For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2012, 12:27 PM   #38
SleepyButch

How Do You Identify?:
Dude
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
Taken

Thanked 11,244 Times in 2,753 Posts
SleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
We have teeny, tiny earthquakes. The kind that won't wake you if you have a good mattress.
I don't know about the teeny tiny earthquakes. My parents live near OKC and they sent me this photo of some damage done by the earthquake. Pretty scary if you ask me!

SleepyButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SleepyButch For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2012, 01:19 PM   #39
thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyButch View Post
I don't know about the teeny tiny earthquakes. My parents live near OKC and they sent me this photo of some damage done by the earthquake. Pretty scary if you ask me!

LOL Yes, that is scary. The last time we had them, I was in OKC. One made me wobble a little on the dance floor. Terrifying!
Old 06-26-2012, 01:53 PM   #40
SleepyButch

How Do You Identify?:
Dude
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
Taken

Thanked 11,244 Times in 2,753 Posts
SleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
LOL Yes, that is scary. The last time we had them, I was in OKC. One made me wobble a little on the dance floor. Terrifying!
You sure it was the earthquake that made you wobble a little on the dance floor???
SleepyButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SleepyButch For This Useful Post:

Tags
fun, oklahoma, travel, tulsa, visit