Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > THE BUTCHFEMMEPLANET PLANET > United States Forums > Oklahoma Forums

Old 09-23-2012, 04:22 PM   #61
thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore
Tournaments Won: 4

Thanked 11,662 Times in 2,292 Posts
thedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Guthrie Green

Guthrie Green, named after folk icon and Tulsa native Woody Guthrie (most famous for writing This Land is Your Land), has finally opened, and they are putting on free concerts every weekend right now!

I'm stoked about it because there were no great outdoor performance venues, til now. You can bet Rocky Horror Picture Show will be playing there next year!

Here's the lineup:

thedivahrrrself is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to thedivahrrrself For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2012, 04:29 PM   #62
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,545 Times in 4,142 Posts
JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustedrims View Post
Hello,

Just read through this thread and it sounds inviting.
I know a little bit about Tulsa.I know there is a Whirlpool building around there some where.I work at the one in Ohio and in march it will be 30 years.At one point i even thought of getting some kind of transfer out there just to get out of town.I definately need a change and am looking for something else.There have been several people in management getting transfered out there because of trouble they were in here.Not all of them but a few.Some come back but usually they stay.Definately a thought.Cheep living and a job the next day.Cant beat that.I am sure i would be looking for something else and not back at the "Big W".Not real happy there.
If someone can manage to get a picture of that building and post it i would be forever grateful.I never saw a picture of it.

Thank you for the thread Diva.
I enjoyed reading.
s.
It's near Owasso been there dozens of times. 56th st north I think.
Old 09-23-2012, 04:59 PM   #63
rustedrims

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her

Location: Northern Ohio close to Lake Erie and ice-cream places
Thanked 2,553 Times in 367 Posts
rustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputation
Default WoW!

The front of the building looks just like home!
Thanks Diva!That "slanted ring" is susposto mean the universe.If i have the story right.I think the meaning means that every home in the universe should/will have a Whirlpool product in it because they are the best!Matter of opinion over here.Not real sure what they make.We only make the washers.Thinking Tulsa makes the counter top appliances or friges and freezers???I cant remember.What do they make??
Beings you know people that work there i was wondering how your people like working there??We get payed pretty good for this area.It is one of the higest payed businesses.We have Maytag people in management here and things went crazy when they came in.Whirlpool bought Maytag about 4 years ago.We are nonunion and Maytag was union.Think that is where some of the crazieness came from.The guy that closed down Maytag came in our plant and became President.Kinda a scary thought.We were all thinking if he was here to close us down.He has moved up the ladder already.
Hey JAGG any info you have be intrested to read.Do you know anybody that works there??If you do,do they like it there?

Thank you very much for the picture and your time.

S.
Old 09-23-2012, 05:11 PM   #64
macele

How Do You Identify?:
a bold-assed maximus
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 3,239 Times in 849 Posts
macele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputation

you all are making me want to live in tulsa lol. great thread.
macele is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to macele For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2012, 05:45 PM   #65
rustedrims

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her

rustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by macele View Post
Yeah me to !!
They are making it sound very comfortable.
Old 09-23-2012, 06:23 PM   #66
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Thanks Diva!That "slanted ring" is susposto mean the universe.If i have the story right.I think the meaning means that every home in the universe should/will have a Whirlpool product in it because they are the best!Matter of opinion over here.Not real sure what they make.We only make the washers.Thinking Tulsa makes the counter top appliances or friges and freezers???I cant remember.What do they make??
Beings you know people that work there i was wondering how your people like working there??We get payed pretty good for this area.It is one of the higest payed businesses.We have Maytag people in management here and things went crazy when they came in.Whirlpool bought Maytag about 4 years ago.We are nonunion and Maytag was union.Think that is where some of the crazieness came from.The guy that closed down Maytag came in our plant and became President.Kinda a scary thought.We were all thinking if he was here to close us down.He has moved up the ladder already.
Hey JAGG any info you have be intrested to read.Do you know anybody that works there??If you do,do they like it there?

S.
Hey Rusted, I'm sorry to say I don't know anyone who works there. But I work for a trucking company and once in a great while if we are short handed when I get back from my normal run to Kansas City I will make a pick up or two in the city. Sometimes that involves going to pick up a trailer at whirlpool. It has been awhile but I have been there several times.
Old 09-23-2012, 06:24 PM   #67
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by macele View Post
Come on Marcele it's a great place.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:04 PM   #68
tazz

How Do You Identify?:
Athlete/tomboi
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, cutie
Relationship Status:
Estoy recibiendo cómodo con él

Thanked 1,759 Times in 642 Posts
tazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAGG View Post
I haven't read all the posts so I may be repeating some facts, so forgive me.
I love Tulsa, it is a wonderful place to live and thrive . I believe every place is what you make it. Tulsa has been very good to me. When I moved here, literally I had no job, no material possesions except , a little nissan pickup a small motorcycle a dresser a pot and a frying pan. And a whopping 7 cents in my pocket, used my last dollar to move here. Got a job the first day I was here, and started to slowly rebuild my life. Tulsa made it easy for me to do. Low cost of living, low crime good wages. When I look at what I have today compared to the day I arrived, it puts a lump in my throat. I am grateful beyond words. I have never experienced any homophobic behavior aside from the usual stares. But I believe that has more to do with people trying to figure out if I'm a guy or a girl.I don't blame them, I would stare too, but when I speak to them, they say hello , smile and are frendly. Once in a great while I run across someone who whispers behind my back etc. 1 out of 200,000 isn't a big deal to me. You get that anywhere.
Neighbors look out for each other, help each other, some of my coworkers are brothers to me.
Tulsa has some of the best restaraunts, and one of the best music venues of any city in the US. Tulsa is a golf mecca. We have over 28 public courses and at least 12 private ones. The public courses are beautiful and very affordable. If you are a runner or cyclist we have miles of trails . In fact a new trail completed 2 yrs ago, spans the length of the city, so no worries about dodging traffic while you workout.
Okay that's enough for now.
Hey Diva thanks for the awesome thread, love the title!
***thank you Diva for starting this thread, and JAGG and everyone for your thoughts.

i appreciate this thread, as i ask my bff and a few other peeps about what it is like up north as i am looking to move to MN early next year.

and this thread provides exactly what i need to know, should i want to move to Tulsa.

wish there was a thread for MN... hmmm

i am a certified personal trainer. i can train anywhere in the USA & Canada that i want.

i agree with you JAGG that home is what you make it. i have really, really, really tried to make Cali my home (my immediate fam is here); but alas it is too damn expensive and i hear the peeps up north are friendlier.

thoughts??

~namaste'

tazz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tazz For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2012, 07:20 PM   #69
thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore

thedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:

S.

They make stoves and ranges I believe. Most of the guys I know are engineers, and they've been there like 10-16 years. I used to know a few people on the assembly line a few years ago who really liked it there too.

Tulsa is an awesome little city. Anyone who'd like to come visit is good for a free tour from me and I'll bet we can talk JAGG into cooking for you. Hy's pretty good with a grill.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to thedivahrrrself For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2012, 01:53 PM   #70
rustedrims

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her

Hey Diva and JAGG,

You two make Tulsa sound like a nice place to live and visit.Thinking i might plan a spring vacation if the offer still stands on the tour and cook-out.Eating something off the grill and a big day of sight seeing sounds like a good day.
Sooo is the 918 crazy to drive on?and is it the road that gets you into Tulsa??
Full of construction??Wonderig.....
Old 10-01-2012, 08:27 PM   #71
thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Hey Diva and JAGG,

You two make Tulsa sound like a nice place to live and visit.Thinking i might plan a spring vacation if the offer still stands on the tour and cook-out.Eating something off the grill and a big day of sight seeing sounds like a good day.
Sooo is the 918 crazy to drive on?and is it the road that gets you into Tulsa??
Full of construction??Wonderig.....
There is a lot of construction, and a lot of toll roads... So be prepared!

Depending on where you're coming from, Interstate 44 is usually the road that brings you to Tulsa.

Late April and early May are great times to come for good spring weather.
The Following User Says Thank You to thedivahrrrself For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2012, 08:56 PM   #72
Kent

How Do You Identify?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Single

Tournaments Won: 2

Thanked 2,058 Times in 720 Posts
Kent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST Reputation
Default Just a Question?

Would you say that Tulsa is more open and liberal than OKC? Or are they about the same?
Old 10-03-2012, 01:55 PM   #73
rustedrims

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her

Default Vacation ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedivahrrrself View Post
There is a lot of construction, and a lot of toll roads... So be prepared!

Depending on where you're coming from, Interstate 44 is usually the road that brings you to Tulsa.

Late April and early May are great times to come for good spring weather.
Ok Great.Sounds like a relaxing time away from home.
I will definately keep it in mind for early spring.
thank you very much Diva and JAGG.

s.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:18 PM   #74
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent View Post
Would you say that Tulsa is more open and liberal than OKC? Or are they about the same?
I think they are pretty similar. We have a Democratic Governor . The mayor in Tulsa is a
Republican but the city council is liberal so they keep him in his place. I have lived here since 1989 and have never had a problem ever.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:55 PM   #75
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Quote:
They make stoves and ranges I believe. Most of the guys I know are engineers, and they've been there like 10-16 years. I used to know a few people on the assembly line a few years ago who really liked it there too.

Tulsa is an awesome little city. Anyone who'd like to come visit is good for a free tour from me and I'll bet we can talk JAGG into cooking for you. Hy's pretty good with a grill.
Heck I will fire up the grill and we will eat like kings !!! Come on
!
Old 10-03-2012, 03:46 PM   #76
Okiebug61

How Do You Identify?:
Light Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Hitched to Red

Thanked 5,381 Times in 1,245 Posts
Okiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAGG View Post
I think they are pretty similar. We have a Democratic Governor . The mayor in Tulsa is a
Republican but the city council is liberal so they keep him in his place. I have lived here since 1989 and have never had a problem ever.
Jagg,

We have a Republican Governor -Mary Falin and a Republican Lt Governor Todd Lamb.
The Following User Says Thank You to Okiebug61 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2012, 06:58 PM   #77
thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent View Post
Tulsa is more educated, and thus more liberal, than OKC. IMO. Sally Kern would never be elected in Tulsa.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedivahrrrself For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2012, 07:22 PM   #78
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Quote:
Local t-shirt designers Lewis and Cluck came up with the phrase Don't Hate the 918. Of course they had to do the I ♥ theme too...

I want this cup!
Old 10-03-2012, 07:34 PM   #79
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiebug61 View Post
Jagg,

We have a Republican Governor -Mary Falin and a Republican Lt Governor Todd Lamb.
You're right okie I'm half asleep I was thinking of Brad Henry. Thanks for pointing that out!
Old 10-03-2012, 07:57 PM   #80
Kent

How Do You Identify?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Single

Tournaments Won: 2

Thanked 2,058 Times in 720 Posts
Kent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST Reputation
Default Thanks Diva and Jagg

I have a very good friend I call my sister because she is so near and dear to me. She moved from Fort Worth to Tulsa almost 10 years ago and she loves it there with her husband and two sons. I miss her and we've only seen each other twice in the last 10 years. I'm considering a visit to Tulsa.

If I get to Tulsa, I'd like to meet up with some great Tulsa folks: diva, Jagg and anyone else who'd like to get together.

You all have made this Tulsa thread a great thread. Thank you.

Tags
fun, oklahoma, travel, tulsa, visit