Notices

Old 08-06-2010, 04:40 AM   #3541
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,949 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

The doctor managing my weight loss programme suggested I see a counselor for weight related issues, etc. - something I resisted but finally agreed to a few months ago and I am glad I did.

She has been giving me writing assignments lately - she wants me to write down things I remember from the past and try to relate it to what is going on in my life right now. This isn't something I was looking forward to and in my own little rebellious way I wasn't really doing this...facing bad/ugly/negative/painful things is just something no one (especially me) wants to do. My way of handling things like this has been to push is back/down/aside and plod on. Unfortunately that strategy has done more harm than good over the years.

The other day when I came in from work I was completely unsettled - from overload not from work stress. I sat down and did an hour of free writing. OMG, talk about word vomit! Have not gone back to read the 6 pages and will not for a while because I know the temptation to tear it out of the book and throw it away will be great. Still I am glad I did this because it opened part of me to something else.

We all have our own special head trash - those negative thoughts/memories that suddenly appear for whatever reason during the day. Being no exception there are days I have way more of these moments than others. The old way of dealing with them has been the old push back/down/aside. Yesterday I decided to write them down as they waltzed through my brain. Am including the source/cause of the item too. Geez, some of that stuff sure is stupid, petty and minor. But they certainly have had their effect over the years. I gave them so much power over me...Perhaps by writing them down they will leave my brain - you know like in Harry Potter when they collect memories... or I will learn how to deal with them in a healthier way. It will be interesting to see what my counselor has to say about some of this stuff. Doubt any of it will be new to her.

Don't have any conclusions about this - too soon - but it has been interesting.
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2010, 05:09 AM   #3542
Laerkin

How Do You Identify?:
Girlie with a touch of bossy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, but not hung up on the details
Relationship Status:
Parenting our furry family with SmoothButch

3 Highscores

Laerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST Reputation

That it's Friday. That change is in the air. That as scary as it is, I'm also ready for it and the new challenges it will bring. That I used a lot of "that" in this post.
Laerkin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Laerkin For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2010, 11:43 AM   #3543
Wryly

How Do You Identify?:
bemused butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
polite ones, please
Relationship Status:
single butch

Thanked 1,568 Times in 620 Posts
Wryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST Reputation

Looking forward to this weekend with my family.

I've been feeling a bit off lately - - - the summer got off to a promising start (romantically and healthwise) but now it seems things have just gone totally south.
My nephew got a job that he enjoys. The problem? I drive him to and from work each day - he works about 1/2 hour away. The drive is no problem - it is the getting up at 4:30 or 5am. I'm either dragging for the rest of the day or else I just crash and sleep the day away - - repeat for 6 days. OMG - I'd dead tired and I'm not even the one working!
My job hunt has been put on hold. As have been my workouts. And I'm feeling very blah because of this. I'm trying not to get down on myself about it but it does bother me - - even though the scale shows no difference I feel the pounds trying to creep back on.
I want to go to the Reunion!!! Financially things are tight. There is a slim chance I can go - but the waiting is so difficult.
Romantically? I always laughed when a friend said he was bad boyfriend material - it sounded like an excuse of him to behave badly or just not try. I try.....but.....it seems that I am bad boyfriend material. *sigh*

So I'm really looking forward to the family time this weekend. My sister and I will be hanging out with a brother and a SIL and some friends. I got to visit with some of them last weekend - - - but not long enough. This weekend will be a longer visit. Which is just what I think I need. I felt so better - - it seemed my energy was renewed and my mood was better.
Maybe I'll be able go get some advice (or even a kick in the behind would be good at this point!) - - advice, insight, pity - - I don't know but being able to just talk and laugh and not worry about stuff for a couple days is very welcome at this point.
Wryly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wryly For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2010, 07:13 PM   #3544
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Thanked 7,501 Times in 1,850 Posts
sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

i've done a lot of soul searching today
some good, some not so good..
but, it's all a moving forward process, and that in itself is a very good thing..

my facebook weight loss page:
http://www.facebook.com/asyllyjourney
sylvie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2010, 07:17 PM   #3545
sweetfemme247

How Do You Identify?:
fem
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme, she, her, baby, sweetie
Relationship Status:
holding my heart close and putting back up a wall

sweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputation

about where my life is going and how people I thought were my friends are not my friends, my family, money issues and so much more.

Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present.
Jim Rohn
sweetfemme247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 08:15 PM   #3546
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

How much I love pancakes
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 08:47 PM   #3547
EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

Thanked 3,907 Times in 1,032 Posts
EnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST Reputation

As unimportant as it is...that I really need to go in for a hair cut. I keep putting it off, but now it's starting to rest weirdly/annoyingly on the back of my neck. In the summer, in this heat...niet goed
EnderD_503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 09:49 PM   #3548
Canela

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Babe, she, her, ella

Thanked 6,524 Times in 1,697 Posts
Canela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST Reputation

Wondering what I was thinking...wait...is that a senior moment? Oh my goodness! Hot flashes and now this!

Happiness is like a butterfly which,
when pursued, is always beyond our grasp,
but, if you will sit down quietly,
may alight upon you

~Nathaniel Hawthorne

Canela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 10:42 PM   #3549
WingsOnFire

How Do You Identify?:
Queer..femme.. .babygirl...girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female Ones...
Relationship Status:
Enjoying life but ready to meet someone

Thanked 12,476 Times in 3,357 Posts
WingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

a tiger.... and a key...

Previously known as MidnightBlueEyes
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://gailsforum.files.wordpress.co...-psd340941.png
WingsOnFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 10:56 PM   #3550
Guy

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,574 Times in 889 Posts
Guy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST Reputation

not a fuckin thing
Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 10:59 PM   #3551
Massive

How Do You Identify?:
Trans man
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
not looking

Thanked 2,383 Times in 765 Posts
Massive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST Reputation

I could well be the luckiest and most loved butch dyke on this side of the pond ...
Old 08-06-2010, 11:55 PM   #3552
Boots13

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No

Thanked 2,315 Times in 428 Posts
Boots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Old and Grouchy

After pulling four double shifts, with four more to go...what isnt on my mind.
I'm cranky and cant sleep...someone is racing..squealing tires and revving their engine somewhere in the neighborhood and now the cat is on a rip-roaring tear.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Last edited by Boots13; 08-06-2010 at 11:56 PM. Reason: I didnt shoot the cat...jes sayin
Boots13 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Boots13 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2010, 08:14 AM   #3553
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Not only does my sore throat feel better today,
but we have more pressure for hot water than we've had since we moved here
Showers are much more enjoyable now

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2010, 08:58 AM   #3554
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,864 Times in 2,473 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

On my mind is getting Myra and Ivan's big frog house cleaned, finishing the packing and getting a fresh .

Tomorrow......

I'm going to be missing my 's.

I should take them with.

No, they'd get airsick.

Better let them stay with Pop.

~Theo~
Old 08-07-2010, 09:26 AM   #3555
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,131 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

On my mind this morning are things I need to accomplish and how to find the time to do that.

OH, and tea. I've been thinking a lot about tea lately.
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Arwen For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2010, 09:34 AM   #3556
Abigail Crabby

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Princess
Relationship Status:
Single, but sociable

Thanked 9,667 Times in 2,484 Posts
Abigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST Reputation

Abby is just wishing that she had a fairy Godmother, so she could attend the ball (reunion) lol

Turns whatever happens to you into a positive...
Abigail Crabby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Abigail Crabby For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2010, 11:46 AM   #3557
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

It's time for breakfast and to get up and out of here!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 11:55 AM   #3558
Canela

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Babe, she, her, ella

Thanked 6,524 Times in 1,697 Posts
Canela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST Reputation
Default Venting so hold onto your hats!

How ridiculously selfish some people are.

I mean really, is it crazy to expect someone to respect you if you show them the same?

Is it crazy to expect truth from someone if you give them that?

Is it crazy to think that they will eventually understand the level of courtesy you show them and yet they don't!?

And that's just the friends!

And don't let me get started on monogamy and exclusivity...ha!

((Big cleansingandlettingitallgo sigh))...oh well...I'm not wasting time on that...I got things to do (retail therapy sounds excellent right about now)...no use crying over spilled milk, or toxic people. I'm going shopping!

Happiness is like a butterfly which,
when pursued, is always beyond our grasp,
but, if you will sit down quietly,
may alight upon you

~Nathaniel Hawthorne

Canela is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Canela For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2010, 11:58 AM   #3559
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,949 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

It was a good week until right before I left the office last evening. My boss is going to be out of the office Mon and Tues next week and I wanted double check with her about 2 things I needed to take care of on Monday.

I did this; got my answer and then, with a sour look on her face, she states "You know to call ___, ___ and ___ if you have any problems."

This insult is a reference to an incident in March where a client's bad behaviour outside the office spilled over into our office and the end result was that the boss hung it all on me even though I had nothing to do with what had happened. All the damage was done before the client called the office. My sin was 2 voice mails left for the boss about 3 hours apart (explaining what had happened and requesting a return phone call) neither of which she got until a couple days later. The day she returned to the office she laid me open over it wondering aloud if she needed to ask someone to "babysit" me when she was out of town. (Never mind that when I first came to work for her she was able to leave the office for several days at a time for various reasons including the sudden death of her mother-in-law.) No, this client's behaviour caused her great embarassment at the courthouse and how that was my fault remains a mystery. (Compare this to the multi-vehicle chain reaction rear-end collision in which the last car in the wreck gets the blame regardless of the fact that the lead car suddenly slammed on the brakes and caused the darn thing in the first place.) Geez, I am getting upset all over again just writing this.

Guess she has selective short term memory issues forgetting that a month ago she was able to go out of town on vacation for an entire week without incident. Apparently the vote of no confidence in me she cast in March stands. Never mind the fact that yesterday at 4:58 pm on a Friday she came to me to ask about witnesses subpoenaed for a trial on Wed. and the instruction to contact a medical office to determine whether or not another physician was involved in something crucial to our case. Never mind that without looking in the file I could rattle off the list of who we subpoenaed and whether or not they had been served. Never mind that at 5:04 pm on that same Friday I was on the phone with the medical office and subsequently the doctor we subpoenaed. Never mind the fact that I was, in less than 10 minutes and with one phone call, able to get the answer to her question. Never mind the fact that I could offer her the chance to speak to the doctor, whose notes she had been reviewing for a great deal of that very afternoon, in case she needed to ask her something - she didn't. Never mind the fact that she could go into her long weekend knowing that this was no longer an issue. Never mind the fact that I exercised a little personal initiative by going ahead and placing this call (there was absolutely nothing to lose) rather than waiting until Monday as she expected.

Did I mention the fact that there was not even a "thank you" for going ahead and taking care of this? Unless you consider "You know to call ___, ___ and ___ if you have any problems." an expression of appreciation.

Anyone venture to guess what my therapist and I will be talking about on Thursday?

Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 12:17 PM   #3560
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
The original lime-twisted femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to most things, especially lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Thanked 11,425 Times in 2,978 Posts
NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation

My little boy is getting big. His stripes are becoming more prominent.
*sniff* They grow up so fast. *wiping tear*

NJFemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NJFemmie For This Useful Post: