Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 06-27-2011, 07:44 AM   #1
Daktari

Default Cycling - a chat about all things bike.

Hey there folks. I was wondering if there were any other cyclists here?

Do you ride for fitness, transport or leisure? What bike(s) do you ride? Have you ridden all your life or come to it later in life?

I've been a cyclist most of my life. I took my Cycling Proficiency Test a year early, aged 8yrs old, at school and then took it again at the proper age a year later (this was the early 70s, I have no idea if kids take a similar test anymore). I cycled everywhere for many years, riding everything from cheap Shopper bikes and olde stylee ladies Raleighs through to ancient Moultons and prototype 'bents. Then, about 13yrs ago, I just stopped cycling regularly. My lovely KHS true temper hard tail (and nose) mountain bike was stolen, despite being locked to several other bikes in the garden, leaving me with no functioning bike.

Since giving up smoking last April I've been trying to keep the 50% lung function I have in as good a condition as I can by cycling again. I love that around here we have a wonderfully long National Cycle Route that ranges all through the county.

What are your favourite routes to ride? Do you keep training diaries? Are mph and cadence important to you or do you just ride regardless of the figures?

Old 06-27-2011, 09:20 AM   #2
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

I've historical done long distance cycling rides (touring). It's been a while since I last did some riding (largely because of work travel). I'm hoping/planning to do a tour from Vancouver, B.C., to Los Angeles next year but may have to post-pone it by a year due to training requirements.

I'm not big on mph/cadence but do understand the importance of it, particularly cadence.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 09:53 AM   #3
Daktari

Hey Linus...Vancouver to L.A sounds like an epic tour, I hope you get the time to put in enough training to do it next year. I'd love to get fit enough to do our CtC (coast to coast) or LEJOG (Land's End, John O'Groats - furthest south in England to Scotland)

I have yet to even care about speed and average this 'n' that but for the first time in my cycling career I'm thinking about cadence.

What tourer do you ride Linus?

Happy pedaling fellow pedalers.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:12 AM   #4
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incubus View Post
Hey Linus...Vancouver to L.A sounds like an epic tour, I hope you get the time to put in enough training to do it next year. I'd love to get fit enough to do our CtC (coast to coast) or LEJOG (Land's End, John O'Groats - furthest south in England to Scotland)

I have yet to even care about speed and average this 'n' that but for the first time in my cycling career I'm thinking about cadence.

What tourer do you ride Linus?

Happy pedaling fellow pedalers.
Oh.. I'd love to do LEJOG. That'd be cool.

I have a custom Gunnar Rock Tour that I got about 6 years ago. I also have a beater Mountain Bike that I had switched from geared to singlespeed. When I lived in Canada, I used to use this bike for winter riding and some training. I'm thinking of getting a Surly or Gunnar fixie or singlespeed for training purposes.

What about you? What do you use for training and/or touring?

Old 06-27-2011, 10:37 AM   #5
Daktari

Wow! Cool bikes there Linus. You're lucky to have custom velos. Sadly I have just the one ridable velo (there are two Moultons in the shed that have become restoration projects for someone who knows what they're doing and that ain't me!) I recently acquired Lady Haydock (yes I'm sad/mad enough to name my bikes :-)) She's a mid 80s Roger Haydock built, (for the woman I bought her from who is very similar dimensions to myself), Reynolds 531 tubed Touring geometry frame, 27in Mavic touring rims with a Campag Brevet drive...a very nice bit of kit and quite the best bike I've ever owned despite her being a lady of a certain age! She rolls beautifully and I've totally fallen back in love with cycling because of her.

I'm determined to do a supported Jogle/Lejog in the next couple of years for Breast cancer and respiratory disease charities.

I'd love a singlespeed hack for the winter here at the rainy, salty seaside. Do you ride yours much?
Old 06-27-2011, 10:49 AM   #6
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

I haven't been riding as much of late due to recovery from surgery. I have a few more weeks of recovery and some work travel to do before I can start up again. I'm hoping by mid-July that I can begin running and cycling again. I have plans for at least one century to do L.A. to San Diego and then a return century.

I don't have to worry about snow, salt and sleet like I had before in Canada, it's the nice advantage of living here now compared to Toronto.

Old 06-27-2011, 03:29 PM   #7
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
I haven't been riding as much of late due to recovery from surgery. I have a few more weeks of recovery and some work travel to do before I can start up again. I'm hoping by mid-July that I can begin running and cycling again. I have plans for at least one century to do L.A. to San Diego and then a return century.

I don't have to worry about snow, salt and sleet like I had before in Canada, it's the nice advantage of living here now compared to Toronto.
Course! ...forgot you'd had surgery. I hope you can ride again soon.

Ooooh I so want to do a century. Probably a solo century. One day I will, as long as it a flat century...the old lungs don't do hills, let alone inclines, any more. To be fair I'd be happy with a 50 miler before the winter sets in.

I'd love to live somewhere where cycling is a joy most days due to good weather. Over here at the northern seaside it's pretty cold, wet and windy ...or any combination of those at any given time along with a little tantalising sun.
Old 06-27-2011, 03:36 PM   #8
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
Course! ...forgot you'd had surgery. I hope you can ride again soon.

Ooooh I so want to do a century. Probably a solo century. One day I will, as long as it a flat century...the old lungs don't do hills, let alone inclines, any more. To be fair I'd be happy with a 50 miler before the winter sets in.

I'd love to live somewhere where cycling is a joy most days due to good weather. Over here at the northern seaside it's pretty cold, wet and windy ...or any combination of those at any given time along with a little tantalising sun.

LOL.. Biking in Canada was no easy feat (although it was mostly to and from work in the winter months). But ya, it's easier when the weather is nicer. And I prefer solo centuries and tours in general as it allows me to decide how much, how long and when to stop.

Old 06-27-2011, 03:49 PM   #9
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

Rubbing my hands together and squealing. I just rode my bicycle home from work. I have lots of bicycles. As a teenager, I rode a sears free spirit, at the time, that was a decent bicycle. I think it was 10 speed. I took very good care of that bike and had it for years. But things do wear out. In one of my *rounds* of college days, I bought a Kmart Husky bike. The frame, as I recall, was heavy. It was 24 inches. I think that was the best $65 dollars I ever spent. I did things to it, to make it more user friendly, but rode it to death. Well, actually not to death, my brother fixed it all up and donated it someone who didn't have a bicycle. This would be about the time I started to understand I really liked bicycles. I bought a Specialized rock hopper. They built it at the bike shop from the frame up. The frame was 17''. (I was like, is this for a little kid?) I had so much to learn! OMG, that bike was so light compared my Kmart bike. I had the handlebars raised a little and didn't quite have mountain bike tires and rims put on it, think all season, all terrain. Then I learned about the importance of peddles. Anyhow, my learning curve took off with my love of this bicycle. I rode it in my first triathlon. (It was like having snow tires on, they could hear me coming) I still have this bike, and I still ride it. Love specialized. I also bought a specialized RAAM racing bike. I had an accident with it last summer. I was *training* around town, in traffic~just not smart~ and I fell. This is where I should start talking about why you should wear good gloves and a helmet, but won't....we've all fallen I'm sure. The bike survived pretty good. It is now hooked to a cyclops and my racing days may be over. I also have what I call my FEMME bike. It is a cargo bike.
I am forced to sit up like a lady, no more hanging out over the handlebars, it has a big basket on the front equipped with NICE lights and a horn, two mirrors. I admit, it's so old lady (think retirement village) even a wide seat
and I love that seat as I have no ass. Very comfortable. I no longer care what I look like riding this thing, it's the most comfortable bike I've ever owned. I have also learned to just ride, no more speed racer. I ride by things now, and actually see them! It's so uncool, I don't worry it's going to be stolen. I can remember removing my seat from other bicycles and taking it with me. Its a shame, it took me falling and getting banged up, to wise up. But I ride, and I ride alot. nine and a half month to 10 months out of the year. I don't know how to work on them. I can put a chain back on if it falls off. I just found out i was doing harm using WD-40 on the chain.....
I should be using sewing machine oil.

Sorry, got carried away.

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be??
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2011, 03:58 PM   #10
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
LOL.. Biking in Canada was no easy feat (although it was mostly to and from work in the winter months). But ya, it's easier when the weather is nicer. And I prefer solo centuries and tours in general as it allows me to decide how much, how long and when to stop.

I like the idea of the solitude and thinking time of a solo century or tour. Like you say there's an autonomy about it...you decide when, where and how. I mainly ride solo but I do love riding with a crowd. I do Sky Rides here in the summer.

http://www.goskyride.com/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2011, 07:09 AM   #11
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow band View Post
Rubbing my hands together and squealing. I just rode my bicycle home from work. I have lots of bicycles. As a teenager, I rode a sears free spirit, at the time, that was a decent bicycle. I think it was 10 speed. I took very good care of that bike and had it for years. But things do wear out. In one of my *rounds* of college days, I bought a Kmart Husky bike. The frame, as I recall, was heavy. It was 24 inches. I think that was the best $65 dollars I ever spent. I did things to it, to make it more user friendly, but rode it to death. Well, actually not to death, my brother fixed it all up and donated it someone who didn't have a bicycle. This would be about the time I started to understand I really liked bicycles. I bought a Specialized rock hopper. They built it at the bike shop from the frame up. The frame was 17''. (I was like, is this for a little kid?) I had so much to learn! OMG, that bike was so light compared my Kmart bike. I had the handlebars raised a little and didn't quite have mountain bike tires and rims put on it, think all season, all terrain. Then I learned about the importance of peddles. Anyhow, my learning curve took off with my love of this bicycle. I rode it in my first triathlon. (It was like having snow tires on, they could hear me coming) I still have this bike, and I still ride it. Love specialized. I also bought a specialized RAAM racing bike. I had an accident with it last summer. I was *training* around town, in traffic~just not smart~ and I fell. This is where I should start talking about why you should wear good gloves and a helmet, but won't....we've all fallen I'm sure. The bike survived pretty good. It is now hooked to a cyclops and my racing days may be over. I also have what I call my FEMME bike. It is a cargo bike.
I am forced to sit up like a lady, no more hanging out over the handlebars, it has a big basket on the front equipped with NICE lights and a horn, two mirrors. I admit, it's so old lady (think retirement village) even a wide seat
and I love that seat as I have no ass. Very comfortable. I no longer care what I look like riding this thing, it's the most comfortable bike I've ever owned. I have also learned to just ride, no more speed racer. I ride by things now, and actually see them! It's so uncool, I don't worry it's going to be stolen. I can remember removing my seat from other bicycles and taking it with me. Its a shame, it took me falling and getting banged up, to wise up. But I ride, and I ride alot. nine and a half month to 10 months out of the year. I don't know how to work on them. I can put a chain back on if it falls off. I just found out i was doing harm using WD-40 on the chain.....
I should be using sewing machine oil.

Sorry, got carried away.
Hey there Yellow band, sorry I missed your post before now. Like you I've had many bikes over the years. From cheap Peugeot racers through to seriously expensive mountain bikes. I also rode recumbents for years due to a friend owning a recumbent bike workshop. I used to ride for him and hand out advertising.

Sorry to hear about your accident but real glad to hear you're in the (comfy) saddle again. Like you I've given up caring what I look like on my bike and went for a laid back tourer instead of something properly sporty. My lungs and joints don't do 'sporty' anymore sadly.

Y'know, I've never felt the need to wear a helmet in the nearly 40yrs I've been riding but since coming back after a decade or so out of the saddle I'm starting to think it might be a good idea. There are so many more 'numpties' on the roads than there ever has been. I'm very confident in my own abilities on the road but decidedly not confident about other road users abilities anymore.

By the Goddess! I'm so stoked. I've cycled further than I've cycled for many years this week. I'm not hooked on numbers so I work out my mileage by google maps or MapMyRide rather than have a cycle computer - I'm sorely tempted to get one though but fear I'll become bound up in the figures instead of just enjoying riding.
I managed a 25mile round trip to go play with my 4yr old nephew yesterday with the 15 return miles against a head wind too. Added to the 20 miles I did the other day and the couple of 10s and another couple of 5s I've done this week it's quite a respectable weekly total (for me).

Thankfully I have a new saddle on the way because the one I'm using is so darned uncomfortable that I finish every ride sore and numb despite wearing cycle shorts. No amount of miles is going to change how uncomfortable that saddle is as has been suggested on the cycling forum I use most. I'm looking forward to trying the Bontrager Evoke R that I won the bidding for on ebay yesterday. I checked the model out at my LBS and they were selling it for £40 but I got it for £7.50 (new, not used), what a result. If it's not the saddle for me and my skinny ass, I can afford to give it to someone who it does suit.

Hah, like you I don't know about bike maintenance but want to learn a little now. I'd like to be able to take the chain off for cleaning and know how to adjust front and rear mechs should they need. Just basic stuff yanno. I recently heard how bad DW40 is for our kit too
Old 07-03-2011, 07:20 AM   #12
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
The original lime-twisted femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to most things, especially lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Thanked 11,425 Times in 2,978 Posts
NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation

I used to .. many moons ago. I had a really nice Panasonic 12 speed racing bike - fire engine red, Shimano throughout. I am thinking about maybe "getting back on the saddle" again, but not to race or go long distance. My reality is I'm a bit too old for that kind of excitement again.

NJFemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NJFemmie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2011, 07:38 AM   #13
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJFemmie View Post
I used to .. many moons ago. I had a really nice Panasonic 12 speed racing bike - fire engine red, Shimano throughout. I am thinking about maybe "getting back on the saddle" again, but not to race or go long distance. My reality is I'm a bit too old for that kind of excitement again.
You're never too old NJFemmie, I know quite a number of racers and speed junkies who're well into their retirements. I quite understand though, I'll never be a speed king again.

Do it, just get back in the saddle. Do you have any good trails near you? Does the U.S have anything like we have here with Sustrans http://www.sustrans.org.uk/what-we-d...-cycle-network, it's a National network of off-road - not rough off road but just away from traffic - cycle paths and trails. I'm real lucky in that I have loads of miles of National cycle route 62 right on my doorstep - well 5minutes up the road to the sea front.

Keep us posted on your getting-back-in-the-saddle progress.

Happy pedaling

and with that I'm off out for a ride
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2011, 07:40 AM   #14
Diavolo

How Do You Identify?:
Butch

Diavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST Reputation

You can't even imagine my delight to look at the new posts and see a thread about cycling! YEA!

I've been cycling for about 5 years now. I started out on a hybrid but that only lasted about a year and a half before I went out and got a road bike.

Me and my road bike just finished the AIDS/Lifecycle from San Francisco to Los Angeles. An absolutely amazing event that I would recommend to anyone who loves cycling.

I learned so much about myself and my bike on that trip. I'm already training for next year.

I ride three to four times a week depending on my schedule, a long ride on Saturday morning (currently climbing Mt. Diablo for time) a recovery ride on Sunday morning, flat on Tuesday, hills on Thursday.
Diavolo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Diavolo For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2011, 07:46 AM   #15
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
The original lime-twisted femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to most things, especially lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Thanked 11,425 Times in 2,978 Posts
NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
You're never too old NJFemmie, I know quite a number of racers and speed junkies who're well into their retirements. I quite understand though, I'll never be a speed king again.

Do it, just get back in the saddle. Do you have any good trails near you? Does the U.S have anything like we have here with Sustrans http://www.sustrans.org.uk/what-we-d...-cycle-network, it's a National network of off-road - not rough off road but just away from traffic - cycle paths and trails. I'm real lucky in that I have loads of miles of National cycle route 62 right on my doorstep - well 5minutes up the road to the sea front.

Keep us posted on your getting-back-in-the-saddle progress.

Happy pedaling
and with that I'm off out for a ride
We have some decent bike trails here - but I haven't really researched what's here yet in terms of cycling. I most definitely want to get back to riding - it was something I enjoyed to get out of my head for a while, while keeping myself in shape.

I no longer have my Panasonic, but Mare does have a bike that I plan on tuning up and making road bound. I may just even get myself another (lighter) bike.

Enjoy that ride

NJFemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NJFemmie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2011, 11:50 AM   #16
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diavolo View Post
You can't even imagine my delight to look at the new posts and see a thread about cycling! YEA!

I've been cycling for about 5 years now. I started out on a hybrid but that only lasted about a year and a half before I went out and got a road bike.

Me and my road bike just finished the AIDS/Lifecycle from San Francisco to Los Angeles. An absolutely amazing event that I would recommend to anyone who loves cycling.

I learned so much about myself and my bike on that trip. I'm already training for next year.

I ride three to four times a week depending on my schedule, a long ride on Saturday morning (currently climbing Mt. Diablo for time) a recovery ride on Sunday morning, flat on Tuesday, hills on Thursday.
Welcome to the cycling thread Diavolo, the more the merrier as they say

Wow! SF to LA, that must have been a great ride...do you have any pictures? I hope you enjoy next years ride as much as you seem to have this year.

Go you riding a mountain for training, my lung disease means no more mountains for me sadly, although back in the day it was the very 'lumpy bumpy' Lake District and Cumbria that was my training ground....on notoriously un-lump friendly recumbents too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJFemmie View Post
We have some decent bike trails here - but I haven't really researched what's here yet in terms of cycling. I most definitely want to get back to riding - it was something I enjoyed to get out of my head for a while, while keeping myself in shape.

I no longer have my Panasonic, but Mare does have a bike that I plan on tuning up and making road bound. I may just even get myself another (lighter) bike.

Enjoy that ride
Any bike is better than no bike at all. I look forward to hearing about your first rides back in the saddle.

I'm having a day off. After doing 10-12 yesterday I realised how sore my knees were from the 25 the day before so all I've done today is a round trip to the out of town supermarket - my bike is necessary transport as well as a leisure activity.

It was a gorgeous day yesterday

Old 07-04-2011, 06:43 PM   #17
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

I would love ro bike again,but I cant find anything that will work with my chubby body.I tryed a mountain bike but wasnt a good fit it was to short in length and the seat was a killer with my sictaica probs my left leg was going numb as was my tail bone,I even tryed isting diffrently..still looking though.I may have to just buy a regular old cruiser type bike with a big seat.I ride a sttionary bike at the health club,but would really like to get out and ride.We have a bkieing club hear that dose several rides a year..looks like a lot of fun.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2011, 06:40 AM   #18
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinonahigh View Post
I would love ro bike again,but I cant find anything that will work with my chubby body.I tryed a mountain bike but wasnt a good fit it was to short in length and the seat was a killer with my sictaica probs my left leg was going numb as was my tail bone,I even tryed isting diffrently..still looking though.I may have to just buy a regular old cruiser type bike with a big seat.I ride a sttionary bike at the health club,but would really like to get out and ride.We have a bkieing club hear that dose several rides a year..looks like a lot of fun.

Hey Rockinonahigh...I'm sure you'll find something that's comfortable to ride. Don't worry about saddles, they're easy to come by, especially the big fat gel leisure ones. There's no shame in riding a 'regular old cruiser'...it's still a bike and it really doesn't matter what you ride just so long as you're out and about and getting some fresh air and exercise. Have you looked on Craigs List or some such?

Yah Boo! It's rotten weather today so I'm not going to get many miles in unless the weather breaks. I'll take a short 2 and half mile hop to go see a mate for a brew and that's about it.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2011, 04:32 PM   #19
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

Two of my friends from the Cleveland area have NICE bikes, and they are made for (using your words) Chubby folks.

I typed in bicycles for chubby people into the browser and 6 sites came up. I think this will be easy for you.

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be??
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2011, 11:48 PM   #20
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow band View Post
Two of my friends from the Cleveland area have NICE bikes, and they are made for (using your words) Chubby folks.

I typed in bicycles for chubby people into the browser and 6 sites came up. I think this will be easy for you.

The term "Clydesdales" (men) and "Athena" (women) riders refers to heavier riders. These are bikes that are meant for riders that are well above the 250lb rider. Adding those terms in my result in a few more hits.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post: