Notices

Old 01-18-2013, 06:59 PM   #1221
tonaderspeisung

How Do You Identify?:
asleep at the synthesizer
Preferred Pronoun?:
crown prince of dirty disco

Thanked 1,794 Times in 857 Posts
tonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarla View Post
Before that I saw the Hobbit on Xmas.

One of my favorite books, I was underwhelmed by the movie. Don't know if its cause of all the extra bits they put in there, or how they moved stuff around, or it's just a case of I've seen dwarfs and hobbits already - you don't impress me now. Either way I was not real happy with the movie as a whole.

i was less than impressed as well
the whole i'm just a hobbit wha wha wha followed by a fantastical action scene and repeated over and over for 3hrs was exhausting and the story didn't go anywhere - to be continued....
golem was a highlight but that might be on account of my brain picturing him with honey boo boo's face

tonaderspeisung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:37 PM   #1222
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

I've started a new ritual for myself, Friday Movie Night. I start to get excited, on Thursday. On Friday, as soon as I get to work, I pick a movie, get the ticket on Fandango and bolt out of the office at 5.

For the last three weeks I've seen Life of Pi (liked the book better, but also enjoyed the movie), Lincoln (Tony Kushner's screenplay, the elevated 19th-century dialogue, is TOTALLY natural, incredibly engaging; Daniel Day Lewis if fucking riveting, incredibly diminutive and forceful at the same time while Sally Fields is absolutely chilling and believable as Mary Todd), and Django (as I wrote on the gun thread, I think the NRA will love it, because it will excite people to acquire a stash of guns out of either racism or because they think it makes them a sexy bad ass).

Of the three I definitely appreciated Lincoln the most.
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ginger For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2013, 11:38 PM   #1223
TheMerryFairy

How Do You Identify?:
Pansexual/Sapiosexual femmey dyke who likes to crossdress now and then
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her OR ze if I'm crossdressing
Relationship Status:
Floating and walking My path, happy in life.

Thanked 8,694 Times in 2,987 Posts
TheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST Reputation

(500) Days of Summer
TheMerryFairy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheMerryFairy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2013, 12:48 AM   #1224
Delish

How Do You Identify?:
Queen of our castle
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
She put a ring on it and the date is set :)

Delish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon View Post
Last night I saw the new "Texas Chainsaw" movie in 3-D.

I liked it because they didn't re-tell the same old, and tired story...it was more of a continuation of the original film from the 1970's.
I agree but to me it needed more 3D action.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:31 AM   #1225
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,624 Times in 1,561 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

I saw 'Life of Pi' last weekend, it is a beautifully made film and I'm glad I saw it in the cinema. I didn't mind the 3D either (I don't usually enjoy 3D in live action films, because they make me queasy).

I loved the book, and as is the norm, the film didnt convey the depth of the book; but despite that it is a beautiful film that stands on its own.

This long weekend we're going to see 'Silver Lining Playbook'.
And I am going to try to get to see either 'The Impossible' (which I'm somewhat dreading but completely compelled to see) or 'Anna Karenina'.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:08 AM   #1226
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

'Silver Lining Playbook' was a GREAT film!

Worth the hype and definitely earned its Oscar nominations!
Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper are awesome! Robert DeNiro and Jacki Weaver are wonderful.

And the writing is excellent. It deals with really hard issues with honesty (sometimes uncomfortably so) and humour and love.

I really loved this film. It is my favorite of all the films that received several nominations (that I've seen).
Old 01-20-2013, 11:24 AM   #1227
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Off to see the 'The Impossible' with my Best Femme and her wife this afternoon.

It's going to be difficult to watch. I knew a family that was in Thailand on holiday during the tsunami; Jane and one of her daughters were never found.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:30 AM   #1228
Trev

How Do You Identify?:
Just a good ole boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male ones
Relationship Status:
She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy

Thanked 10,142 Times in 2,400 Posts
Trev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST Reputation

I watched Taken 2 last night. It was a good movie, not as good as the first, but still a good movie.

Trev is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Trev For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2013, 11:47 AM   #1229
curlyredhead

How Do You Identify?:
Female to Male "Straight"
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Taken

curlyredhead Has the BEST Reputationcurlyredhead Has the BEST Reputationcurlyredhead Has the BEST Reputationcurlyredhead Has the BEST Reputationcurlyredhead Has the BEST Reputationcurlyredhead Has the BEST Reputationcurlyredhead Has the BEST Reputationcurlyredhead Has the BEST Reputationcurlyredhead Has the BEST Reputationcurlyredhead Has the BEST Reputationcurlyredhead Has the BEST Reputation

Zero Dark Thirty really really good movie. Amazing.... I really liked the story line. Very well put together.
curlyredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to curlyredhead For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2013, 09:52 AM   #1230
Dante

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch Top
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hym
Relationship Status:
Single

Dante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST Reputation

I recently stumbled on a movie on cable called, Nowhere Boy, about John Lennon when he was a young lad up to when he formed The Beatles. It was really good, sad too. Great movie.

Flight was just released on DVD. Anyone seen it? Any good?
thanks ....
Old 02-06-2013, 09:54 AM   #1231
grenade

How Do You Identify?:
Full Flavor Femme

Thanked 8,062 Times in 2,121 Posts
grenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputation

We went last weekend and saw Warm Bodies. It was cute if you like zombies.
grenade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to grenade For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2013, 09:57 AM   #1232
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,539 Times in 10,209 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation
Wink

Collateral

Not a Tom Cruise fan, but it had lots of others in it as well. Jamie Foxx.
Didn't catch the beginning, one of those channel flipping moments...but it held my attention and the story was all over so Cali, places I knew

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2013, 09:59 AM   #1233
chefhmboyrd

How Do You Identify?:
man
Preferred Pronoun?:
beef
Relationship Status:
Uncle Daddy Snap

Thanked 2,845 Times in 898 Posts
chefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default movies...

we managed to get away to the theater couple of weeks ago, this first movie was awsome...
Les Miserable

the second, well lets just say, I am glad we snuck in there for free because I would have been very upset to have paid for 96 minutes of crap that I could have watched on FOX for free....
Movie 43 - ick.

Old 02-06-2013, 10:13 AM   #1234
SelfMadeMan

How Do You Identify?:
Transsexual Man
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married to The Woman of My Dreams <3

Thanked 2,669 Times in 527 Posts
SelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST Reputation

In the theatre - Django Unchained - LOVED it!

On DVD - The House at The End of The Street (2012) - and it was better than I expected it to be
SelfMadeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SelfMadeMan For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2013, 02:23 PM   #1235
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

'Beasts of the Southern Wilds'

It is a beautiful, sad, hopeful and imaginative film; and that little girl is one helluva an actress.

The Oscar's Best Actress nominee pool is pretty damn AMAZING this year.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:57 AM   #1236
JinxieB

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian...soft butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
married

JinxieB Has the BEST ReputationJinxieB Has the BEST ReputationJinxieB Has the BEST ReputationJinxieB Has the BEST ReputationJinxieB Has the BEST ReputationJinxieB Has the BEST ReputationJinxieB Has the BEST ReputationJinxieB Has the BEST ReputationJinxieB Has the BEST ReputationJinxieB Has the BEST ReputationJinxieB Has the BEST Reputation

just finished Back to the Future 2. I love the trilogy
JinxieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:27 PM   #1237
VintageFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 7,640 Times in 1,657 Posts
VintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Oh! I just finished watching Albert Nobbs. What a gorgeous gorgeous movie.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:32 PM   #1238
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 5,260 Times in 1,363 Posts
deb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputation

Pitch Perfect - what a fun movie!!

I have Argo sitting here waiting to be watched.
deb_U_taunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:07 PM   #1239
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Lincoln.... A bit disappointed in the movie but completely impressed with the acting.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2013, 10:12 PM   #1240
Girl_On_Fire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
On Hiatus

Thanked 2,683 Times in 562 Posts
Girl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST Reputation

I watched "Melancholia" today and got very emotionally involved with it. It's an intense film. A little hard to explain to those who haven't seen it. I had to follow that with an old favorite, "Beetlejuice" just to lighten the mood. lol!

Tags
film, movie