Girl_On_Fire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
On Hiatus

Thanked 2,683 Times in 562 Posts
Girl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST Reputation
Question Who Were You Named After?

Were you named after anyone?

My mother loved the show, "The Bionic Woman" so, I'm named after (spelling and all), the character, Jaime Sommers.

How about you?
Old 09-19-2013, 11:10 PM   #2
Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Neither, nada, out of the box
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

Thanked 7,246 Times in 1,416 Posts
Gráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST Reputation

I was named after my maternal grandmother, Antoinette. I'm Anne, and my cousin is Toni. I used to wish I'd been the older one, because I thought Toni was the prettier name.

My mother's favorite book was Peter Pan, and our surname happened to be the same as the family in the story. She wanted to name me Wendy, after the girl, but my brothers thankfully talked her out of that. They were afraid I'd be hearing "Like Peter Pan!" for the rest of my life.
Old 09-20-2013, 02:44 AM   #3
PoeticSilence

How Do You Identify?:
*dodges labels*
Relationship Status:
Estranged

PoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST Reputation

My father was named Ronald, and I was the first child, so I was named Ronda. Then along came my brother, and he is a Ronald Jr.

My maternal grandmother is named Jewell, so that covers my middle name.

(None of this has anything to do with the fact I insisted on being called Wally for the first five years of my life, and made enough of a fuss I got to visit a shrink as a child)

I got married a few years ago, her mother named her Jacquelyn after the Onassis girl, middle name Evelyn after a family friend. Her last name Ramirez.

When we got married we got married in Iowa. Two states in the United States allow you to change your first/middle/last names to anything at all, that you desire, at the time of the wedding. They are Iowa and Kansas.

So the wife and I shortened our first names to Ronnie and Jackie. I kept my middle name because my kids insisted. My wife took her paternal grandmothers name Debnam. We were torn about the last name, because we have been involved in archery for a while, so we considered Archer, but then, in the end, we chose Darling. So most folks know us as Ronnie and Jackie Darling, and that's what all of our legal papers say. Yay!
Old 09-20-2013, 02:56 AM   #4
sis
Diva!

How Do You Identify?:
StoneFemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
Content!

Thanked 1,401 Times in 296 Posts
sis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Debbie Reynolds & QEII, thus I am officially Deborah Elizabeth, Debbie to my family and people of my generation or older, Deb to everyone else!

Deb
Oh! Please do!
Oh! Please!
Oh!
sis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to sis For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2013, 05:02 AM   #5
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I was named after a character in a fantasy novel.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2013, 05:22 AM   #6
Daktari

Default I'm named after...

...a girl my Ma nursed when she was training in 1960-62. The little girl had deep ginger curls and a Polish pronunciation of a regular(ish) name.

It turned out that little girl was in the group of kids who all 'played out' on the park at the back of our house. It wasn't until we were teenagers that we discovered that she was infact *that* girl.

I hate my name and I don't allow anyone to use it, apart from my family, who refuse to call me something acceptable to me, even though I've asked them to for oooh 35/40yrs!
If a person really feels the need to use my 'real' name then they are allowed a contraction of it that is acceptable to me. Chey...had to add the Y because folks are easily confused and would inevitably pronounce Che as Chee
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2013, 10:00 AM   #7
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 5,260 Times in 1,363 Posts
deb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sis View Post
Debbie Reynolds & QEII, thus I am officially Deborah Elizabeth, Debbie to my family and people of my generation or older, Deb to everyone else!

Deb
What sis said lol. Debbie Reynolds
deb_U_taunt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to deb_U_taunt For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2013, 11:02 AM   #8
RNguy

How Do You Identify?:
trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He preferredably :)
Relationship Status:
the pitbull <€

Thanked 2,267 Times in 510 Posts
RNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST Reputation

I SOOOOOOOOOO SOOOOOOOOOO SOOOOOOOOOOO lucked out with my name and I thank my parents a lot for it all the time !!!!!!
I love my name but don't like how my mom came up with my first name .

My parents picked out two names bc they wanted to be suprised about my gender .

Boy name : Blake Aaron
Girl name : Courtney Meghan

So I was born a 4lb baby and my parents said I looked like a Blake .
My brother , mom and dad all have middle names with E so they made Aaron to Erin

Blake Erin is my name THANK GOD bc I would make one ugly female name
Old 09-21-2013, 09:52 AM   #9
Queenie

How Do You Identify?:
Queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,891 Times in 523 Posts
Queenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST Reputation

A work colleague of my mother's came up with the idea of my name. She loved the book, Little Women and the character Amy. So, she told my Mother that she should name me, Amy. My Mother liked it and that's it.
I am so much like, Amy from Little Women. And because of that, for most of my life I have hatted my name.
Queenie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Queenie For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2013, 09:39 AM   #10
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,325 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default Name

Hi,

I was named after my grandfather. He was an exceptional man he provided for his family after his father died at age 15, put all 7 of his bothers through college, married my grandmother and provided well for his family. He took me fishing every weekend. We were great friends and I hope that I am half the guy he was.

Chad
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2013, 11:51 AM   #11
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached ❤️

Thanked 32,009 Times in 9,947 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default My name comes from a beautiful bride

I am named after no one in my family, like my other siblings. All of my brothers and sisters were named after members of my family or the parents and siblings of my parent's families.

But in my case, as I remember the story recounted to my by my mom's mother: my mother was pregnant with me at the time, when my mother and grandmother traveled to see my mother's grandmother (my great-grandmother) in Ft. Worth, TX (by train). On that train, my mother was reading a newspaper from Texas, that another traveler left on the train. In the bridal section of that particular paper, there was a beautiful photo of a newly-wed couple.

My mother thought she was beautiful, liked her name and that is how I was given my name.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2013, 12:26 PM   #12
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,620 Times in 2,489 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

Both my parents are Portuguese Catholic and were brought up very old country. My grandmother on my mother’s side and her siblings all have the same name. The girls are Maria and the boys are Joseph. The only way to tell the difference was the middle names. My grandmother and her sisters were Maria Joseph, Maria of the Rosary, Maria of God and Maria Jesus. My parents and my aunts and uncles did get different names but they were Portuguese names, like my mother is Elvira. But she changed it to Elsie. I don’t see how that was any better and personally I would have gone with Elvira but my mother was interested in being Americanized. So I got what she believed to be an American name. However everyone in the family called me Cintia and whenever they had the occasion to write it that was the spelling they used. It wasn’t until I started school that I understood my name was spelled and pronounced differently on my birth certificate. I don’t think I was named after anyone and I think that was purposeful on the part of my mother.
Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2013, 12:48 PM   #13
DMW

How Do You Identify?:
FTM/Male (Will 14)
Relationship Status:
Caught An Angel and she doesn't lie!

Thanked 1,861 Times in 614 Posts
DMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST Reputation

I was named after a cute little girl that was a student of my mother's in elementary school.
She was had curly hair and Mom adored her.
When I was told that my curly hair (ironically I had) was "cute",by my Auntie M...
I proceeded to grab a chair, climb it, forage for the scissors in the kitchen drawer...
Look around, go to the lowest step in the hallway to the upstairs...
And chop them all off.
My older sister helped me finish off what I had started and wanted done.
God bless my big sis.

I was a 2 year old. He he he.

And I used to masterbate thinking about Lyndsey Wagner. I forget how old I
Was then.
DMW is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DMW For This Useful Post:

Tags
family names