Old 06-21-2010, 09:01 PM   #15
Gayla
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky Butch Top
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm not picky
Relationship Status:
She makes me dance like a fool and forget how to breathe.

Thanked 7,078 Times in 1,966 Posts
Gayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST Reputation

Just get the french press. It's much easier and the coffee will taste better.

I swear by the REI camp pads. We've got two of the self inflating kind that we use for under the sleeping bags in the back of the van. Something between your sleeping bag and the ground is good to have. As for tents, check out Walmart and Target. If this isn't something you're going to be doing every other weekend for the rest of the summer, go cheap. They have small, one and two person tents that will give you a dry and bug free place to sleep.

Trying to think of the important things you really don't want to forget -

Lighting is important - flashight, headlamp, lantern. extra batteries, just in case.

Something to light the fire - it's an easy thing to forget so don't!

Cup - having the coffee is good, having something to drink it out of is even better.

Cutlery - If nothing else, just a basic knife, fork, spoon. Not a butter knife, make sure it can actually cut stuff.

Something to cook in - depending on what kind of food you take this could be as simple as a pot to boil water or much more involved. A pot and a cast iron skillet are both good to have. A hot pad or two can be helpful, also.

Again, depending on type of food - a can opener.

Speaking of food - I'm a big fan of easy. My dad was a campfire chef but I'm lazy. I usually do sandwiches, hot dogs, canned things. That being said, there's about nothing better then eggs and bacon over a campfire. Smores, of course. Depending on where you're going to be, make sure your food can be secured and you have enough ice to keep it cold. Don't forget water.

And a camera. Because, when it's all said and done, we want pics!
Gayla is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gayla For This Useful Post: