Old 09-28-2016, 04:59 PM   #161
cork1961

How Do You Identify?:
TransMan
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Single

cork1961 Has the BEST Reputationcork1961 Has the BEST Reputationcork1961 Has the BEST Reputationcork1961 Has the BEST Reputationcork1961 Has the BEST Reputationcork1961 Has the BEST Reputationcork1961 Has the BEST Reputationcork1961 Has the BEST Reputationcork1961 Has the BEST Reputationcork1961 Has the BEST Reputationcork1961 Has the BEST Reputation
Smile These are good...

Game of Thrones, Orange is the New Black, Transparent, One Mississippi (Tig Notaro) all wonderful.

But I'm loving Stranger Things right now!
cork1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cork1961 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2016, 05:45 PM   #162
Genesis
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme on a varied spectrum/babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her/hers
Relationship Status:
Loved ლ ⚢

Thanked 14,633 Times in 6,270 Posts
Genesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST Reputation
Arrow Film: The Danish Girl

This past weekend I finally got to watch "The Danish Girl"...
I am still processing the film as I am typing this...
I will be reading the book to get more of the backstory...
This film was so eloquently made and I loved that it turned my soul soil...
A lot to think about and ponder... what an amazing and brave woman she was...
What a wonderful portrayal true partnership, of unconditional love, loyalty, and honesty...
Lili and Gerda... just wow... I am in awe of such a fantastic couple, partnership, and best friends...

A fantastic article about the movie
HERE

Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Genesis For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2016, 04:43 AM   #163
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,113 Times in 8,596 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default Stone

Watched Stone with Robert De Niro and Ed Norton.

This film is built on the premise that a retiring parole officer could be duped by a convict and his girl. Everyone can be folded, but I wasn't buying this. The con being played on De Niro was right out of the book and something a rookie Parole Officer would have easily spotted. I stopped watching after 30 minutes.

The acting was okay, but not good enough to keep me watching.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2016, 04:49 AM   #164
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default One Mississippi

Binged on this yesterday and enjoyed it. It was nice for me to see a show about a butch that wasn't about being butch.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2016, 05:13 AM   #165
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Default Queen Sugar

Binged on this yesterday and loved it. Puts a spotlight on the plight of black farmers, police brutality, family dynamics, interracial relationships, ballers and adoration—topics that interest me and explored in a way that presumes I'm not ignorant, doesn't piss me off, and doesn't make me cringe.

Good job done by Oprah Winfrey and Ava DuVernay.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2016, 10:08 AM   #166
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation
Default I thought that I was just imagining it

Netflix's catalog has shrunk by a whopping 50% in the past few years

If you’ve felt like Netflix’s US catalog has shrunk dramatically since the company started making its own shows and movies, you’re absolutely right.

Since 2012, Netflix’s selection of titles has dropped over 50%, from roughly 11,000 titles to ~5,300, according to streaming blog Exstreamist, which cites multiple former Netflix employees.

Extreamist's sources estimate the height of Netflix’s catalog size was in 2012, before the company began making original content in 2013. They peg the size at around 11,000 movies, TV shows and specials.

Using that number, Exstreamist then compared the 2012 catalog size to Netflix’s current roster, using data from Unogs , a site that tracks Netflix data. The September numbers put Netflix’s count at about 5,300 titles in the US.

They found a huge drop of over 50%, and there’s a reason: “exclusivity,” particularly tied to Netflix’s original movies and shows.

The smaller, better future

Originals are a pivotal part of Netflix’s strategy moving forward.

"You should expect us to push toward more 50/50 in terms of original exclusive content and licensed content," Netflix CFO David Wells said recently. And original content isn’t cheap, especially since Netflix pushes for global licenses so it can play the shows and movies for people around the world. Netflix spent a reported $120 million for “The Get Down,” its Baz Luhrmann show about the origins of hip-hop, and a whopping $90 million for a new Will Smith movie.

All told, Netflix has said it will release 600 hours of original content by the time 2016 is done. That would take you 25 days to binge-watch all the way through. 25 days!

Beyond originals, Netflix executives have repeatedly stressed that the company is more focused on "exclusive" titles, in contrast to those also available on other platforms like Amazon Prime or Hulu. That's a recipe for a higher cost per-title.

The focus on originals, and exclusives generally, puts Netflix’s catalog drop into perspective. Netflix has fewer titles, but the company is betting that keeping its catalog full of shows and movies you can’t get anywhere else will get you addicted enough to pay that $9.99 every month, forever.

Netflix declined to comment.

http://www.businessinsider.com/netfl...shrinks-2016-9

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2016, 10:01 PM   #167
stargazingboi

How Do You Identify?:
~
Preferred Pronoun?:
~

Thanked 8,321 Times in 1,626 Posts
stargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputation

ok..today I watched the Danish Girl and Me Before You

all I can say is wow...
stargazingboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stargazingboi For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2016, 08:50 PM   #168
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

Thanked 2,920 Times in 879 Posts
QueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST Reputation

I've been binge watching New Girl (sitcom)
I also rewatched Searching for Bobby Fischer. Love that movie.

"There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way." Christopher Morley
QueenofSmirks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to QueenofSmirks For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2016, 04:51 AM   #169
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Have been watching Luke Cage. Really diggin' this super hero show. It's more violent than what I like, but I can hang because there are so many good things I like about this (cast, script, acting, humor, music, and some of the camera angles are too cool—just like the comic books.)

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2016, 12:39 PM   #170
stargazingboi

How Do You Identify?:
~
Preferred Pronoun?:
~

Thanked 8,321 Times in 1,626 Posts
stargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputation

Since, I don't have cable I have never watched RuPaul's Drag Race. I stumbled across it on my Amazon and watched a season. It made me laugh and think. So, I logged onto Logotv and started watching other seasons.
stargazingboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to stargazingboi For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2016, 07:29 PM   #171
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,172 Times in 5,136 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

I've been rewatching Star Trek Voyager. I think I only ever saw about half of them, so half will be new to me. Gosh, they're cheesy! But oh so good.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2016, 08:44 PM   #172
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

Me too. I like the music at Cotton Mouth's club! Jazzy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
Have been watching Luke Cage. Really diggin' this super hero show. It's more violent than what I like, but I can hang because there are so many good things I like about this (cast, script, acting, humor, music, and some of the camera angles are too cool—just like the comic books.)

Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2016, 08:45 PM   #173
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2016, 08:56 PM   #174
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
I like the background/atmosphere music, too. An episode I watched earlier started with a nice Nina Simone tune. Another episode closed with the Stylistics. Also had some nice rap music. Very nice.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2016, 01:46 PM   #175
EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

Thanked 3,907 Times in 1,032 Posts
EnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST Reputation

Have been watching season 11 of Supernatural that's just been put up on Netflix. Almost done watching it already lol I think the show has gotten better on character development over the years, especially Dean. But there are certain plot lines that I find have been over done and kind of hoping they've moved on to something fresher in season 12/in the future.
EnderD_503 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EnderD_503 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2016, 04:57 PM   #176
lillith

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, hey you!

lillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputation

I have been watching Catfish and kind of think that I have had it happen to me.

now how can you ignore a dancing pink elephant?

and how i so wish it would rain here.
lillith is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lillith For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2016, 05:01 PM   #177
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Thanked 6,909 Times in 1,862 Posts
Liam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST Reputation

The new season of Longmire did not last very long! I've started Sons of Anarchy, and I like it!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2016, 06:25 PM   #178
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,919 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillith View Post
I have been watching Catfish and kind of think that I have had it happen to me.
There is a very interesting movie too Lillith by the same guy! Then it was spun off into a television series.
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2016, 07:20 PM   #179
lillith

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, hey you!

lillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputation

I haven't seen the movie yet, but the show is pretty interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
There is a very interesting movie too Lillith by the same guy! Then it was spun off into a television series.

now how can you ignore a dancing pink elephant?

and how i so wish it would rain here.
lillith is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lillith For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2016, 03:11 PM   #180
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

I am watching One Mississippi with Tig Notaro.

It is making me laugh, and at times, tearful. I also love that Tig is an out lesbian butch.

It is really good.

Amazon Prime.

From Wiki:

"...In November 2015, Notaro co-wrote, produced, and starred in a semi-autobiographical TV pilot for Amazon Video called One Mississippi.[17] The show received a series order from Amazon a month later.[18] The show will follow Notaro's character as she returns to her hometown of Bay Saint Lucille, Mississippi after her mother's unexpected death.[18]

Comedic style
On her approach to comedy (and if she considers herself a dark comic): "I'm always going to do whatever I think is funniest. If something's dark, I'll do it. If it's a sock puppet, if it's a stool, I'll do it. There's no preconceived idea of who I think I might be now."[4] Notaro said that since her cancer diagnosis, she has shifted not to darker comedy, but rather to personal comedy. Previously she was more distant and observational, but now she reflects on her childhood and her life.[2]

Personal life

Notaro sometimes discusses her romantic relationships in her act, but tries to maintain a level of privacy.[19][20][21] Notaro met her wife,[22] Stephanie Allynne, on the set of the movie In a World...[2][23] They became engaged on January 1, 2015[24] and were married on October 24, 2015.[25] They welcomed twins sons, Max and Finn, on June 26, 2016, conceived using Allynne’s eggs via a surrogate.[26]"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tig_Notaro

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post: