Old 08-09-2011, 07:17 PM   #81
Red Dirt Girl

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
PrincessPrettyPants, please.
Relationship Status:
Excellent.

Red Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST Reputation

Definately out. On the LGBTQRST advisory committee and we actually have "Gay Day" there! And it's not a queer organization. They just embrace the gays.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:01 PM   #82
Strappie

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I know who I am... Doesn't matter
Relationship Status:
It's a new day....

Thanked 4,946 Times in 1,350 Posts
Strappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I couldn't be more out at work...

The owner of our company, 2 sales people, and 3 warehouse people are gay out of 17 ppl. We have same sex beny's. Any work gathering we are all asked to invite our "partners/significant other" In fact the other owner is str8 he supports us and marches in Pride every year.

I couldn't be happier at a job!!
Strappie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Strappie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2011, 08:17 PM   #83
Softly

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
Married

Softly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST Reputation

No

I came out to one girl, she surprisingly told me she had feelings for women. She left the company few months ago.

I haven't had to come out, or reason to.
I don't feel comfortable enough in my office to speak openly about it just randomly.

At my previous job, over a year ago, I was open, pictures all over. Its just a different environment and set of people.

I saw a woman with pride stickers on her car. I just feel warm inside knowing she's there.
Softly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Softly For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2011, 08:30 PM   #84
Jessica

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Taken

Jessica Has the BEST ReputationJessica Has the BEST ReputationJessica Has the BEST ReputationJessica Has the BEST ReputationJessica Has the BEST ReputationJessica Has the BEST ReputationJessica Has the BEST ReputationJessica Has the BEST ReputationJessica Has the BEST ReputationJessica Has the BEST ReputationJessica Has the BEST Reputation
Wink

I am out at work. I don't hide it at all. There are a few of us at my job. We joke around with the straight people to watch out cause the rainbow attacks. Its nice to work with people who don't treat me any differently because of who i choose to be with. Hopefully my next job will be just as accepting as this one has been.
Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jessica For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2011, 08:32 PM   #85
sweetiefemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Loved

sweetiefemme Has the BEST Reputationsweetiefemme Has the BEST Reputationsweetiefemme Has the BEST Reputationsweetiefemme Has the BEST Reputationsweetiefemme Has the BEST Reputationsweetiefemme Has the BEST Reputationsweetiefemme Has the BEST Reputationsweetiefemme Has the BEST Reputationsweetiefemme Has the BEST Reputationsweetiefemme Has the BEST Reputationsweetiefemme Has the BEST Reputation

I do social work for a Catholic agency. I had to come out to my boss because a coworker kept saying "That is so gay". I finally had to tell her that she is a grown up, working in a professional job and it is unacceptable. So needless to say I am the gay one at the Catholic agency that is going to hell.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:43 PM   #86
CherylNYC

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm a woman. Behave accordingly.
Relationship Status:
Single, not looking.

Thanked 7,150 Times in 1,206 Posts
CherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST Reputation

I'm as out as I could possibly be. It's easy for me because I'm a freelance artist in NYC. I belong to a Union of artists with a high proportion of gay men, but not that many lesbians for some reason. If I can't be out I don't know who could be. My picture is in the paper fairly regularly after the Pride Parade, (they love to print pics of the women on motorcycles), so I would be out even if I never said a word.

I work with a rotating cast of coworkers who I may work with for months at a time, and then I may work with the same crew again for another several month stint, or I may not work with the same artists again for years. Because we're artists the environment is usually pretty open, and no one seems to feel the need to hold back about their lives. If it's been awhile we'll want to catch up with each other. I hear about my co-workers children, house projects, etc. They hear about my motorcycles, girlfriends (when I have them), and any other not painfully private details. My coworkers were unbelievably kind and supportive when I lost my partner, and again when I lost my girlfriend. Everyone just poured out their good will towards me.

Previous to working in my wonderful union full of artists, I worked in the stagehand's union as a carpenter/stagehand. The environment couldn't have been worse for a woman, much less a lesbian. I was very, very out anyway. Did I get harassed? You bet. Did I lose work? I'm sure of it. I was pretty cranky about being out no matter what the repercussions, and I have a smart aggressive mouth. I think it would have been even worse for me if those big ole bigoted men weren't perhaps a little bit apprehensive about facing my angry mouth. I'm SO glad that part of my life is long behind me.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:40 PM   #87
bigbutchmistie

How Do You Identify?:
Since You Need A Label. Butch
Relationship Status:
Still Dreaming Of My Happily Ever After

Thanked 5,364 Times in 1,941 Posts
bigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputation

FYI I cant stand it when I hear that at my job "Thats so gay" turns my insides out and makes me fighting mad.. Ive had to tell my bosses about hearing individuals say that phrase. I am gay and I DONT appreciate it.. Ok stepping off soap box now... LOL

Yes, I am completely totally out. I wouldnt work somewhere I couldnt be. No my company doesnt march in gay parades. But I love it our annual sales meeting when the President and Vice President stand up every year and say I dont care your color sex if you are straight gay bi trans how you identify. I care about the JOB you do for us. And that always makes me feel good. I guess that's why Ive stayed there for so many years and made it my career.
bigbutchmistie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bigbutchmistie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2011, 04:32 AM   #88
Red Dirt Girl

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
PrincessPrettyPants, please.
Relationship Status:
Excellent.

Red Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST Reputation

Oh yeah, we have a booth at Pride every year too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strappie View Post
I couldn't be more out at work...

The owner of our company, 2 sales people, and 3 warehouse people are gay out of 17 ppl. We have same sex beny's. Any work gathering we are all asked to invite our "partners/significant other" In fact the other owner is str8 he supports us and marches in Pride every year.

I couldn't be happier at a job!!
Old 08-10-2011, 07:00 AM   #89
Random

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 5,327 Times in 1,379 Posts
Random Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST Reputation

It's important to me that I work for a company where I'm going to be a good match with the company culture. (I have a very hard time staying at a job where I'm not happy)

So, I casually out myself during interviews. Generally when I'm asked about hobbies or how I balance work and home.. something like that... I meantion that my partner and I are foodies...

After experiencing the deep freeze of being I was a perfect match, skill set wise, but DID NOT in any way fit in to the company culture.. (Long time, close knit, go to church with each other employees) I would rather avoid it...

My last job, I was out to my company, but not all my clients... My long term clients, yes...we formed bonds/had a relationship.... but my occassional clients or one off's, no...They didn't need to know that much about me....

My new job... (Moma needed bennies) We have partner bennies and diversity is more than embraced... It's the company culture. (Love that the top level of executives are Women and POC)

I don't want to jinx my new job by getting too excited about it, but I'm sincerly hoping this is the company that I will retire from...heheh.... we have chapters and divisions ALL over the world and the mission is SUCH a good one...... (It's important to me that the work I do make a difference)
Old 08-15-2011, 06:39 PM   #90
Dean Thoreau

How Do You Identify?:
Ftm - Male- exfemale
Preferred Pronoun?:
He’s Him
Relationship Status:
Has a gf

Dean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST Reputation

glad u got bennies momma random and can be out.....at work

I am sort of out at work...well one look at me and u know..but working in a school system, a nice conservative republican one is not conducive to carrying the rainbow flag down the hallway.....
....so my coworkers, principal and the administrators etc all know.I do not hide it,,,,if asked what i did over the weekend I will say Wife and i went to.....or whatever.
.. i do not tell the parents of the kids, or the kids.....that is not what i was hired to teach the kids....sexuality comes under health...
and i am not the health teacher...would not want the union to get cranky....

everyone is pretty cool,,,even when i do run into a student and their parent at home depot when i am wearing my work boots, and cut off tshirt and shorts that is revealing all my tattos and the rainbow ball cap on my head,,,and the rainbow stickers on the truck..they dont seem to mind. (Of course the only difference between that outfit and what i wear at work is the shorts have hems and the shirts have sleeves.....and my sneakers match my clothes Once the students and parents get to know Dr Thoreau,,,and the parents see how much their kids love being in the docs class....there is no problem...those that have given me the stare at Back to School night in the beginning of the year usually by halloween parade are hanging out with me laughing at my crazy jokes.....since usually their kid is giving me a high five a hug or a ...secret password to enter my classroom signal...

.............. yes i have a mohawk now old fat grey haired butch with mohawk

and yes I love this wonderful career and will really miss it..when i retire.....next june (they are really cutting our school budget to shreds)
t
Old 08-15-2011, 07:06 PM   #91
tapu

How Do You Identify?:
Understated butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
I
Relationship Status:
Party of One

Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,103 Posts
tapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputation

I've been out in the workplace since I had a workplace. I can't be with people every day and not have them know me. And if you don't know I'm gay, then you don't know me.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:17 PM   #92
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

I'm out at work. Way out.

I have been out at every job I've had since I was 17.

I work in a large company. We have 1500-2000 people on our particular campus and I am one of maybe 15 out GLBT folks. Many of the GLBT folks who are not out (but known to me from years in clubs or with volunteer orgs) are people who are very "old school" about their privacy or who are in upper management VP positions (perhaps fearful of their promotion opportunities even though our company has a good diversity policy)

I have brought Jackhammer to work with me and she has met my boss and several of my coworkers. I have photos of her on my desk and openly talk about our activities together. I probably would not work for a company where I had to hide myself or relationship.
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2011, 07:23 PM   #93
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 5,260 Times in 1,363 Posts
deb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputation

I am out in all areas of my life. It takes too much work to censor myself.
deb_U_taunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 07:23 PM   #94
tapu

How Do You Identify?:
Understated butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
I
Relationship Status:
Party of One

Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,103 Posts
tapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputation

Also, since I seem to fall into dating co-workers....
Old 08-17-2011, 09:04 AM   #95
Logicaly

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
She is the gamer girl to my gamer boy

Thanked 1,744 Times in 513 Posts
Logicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST Reputation

I am out at work, ever since I started this new job, its been great. I've always been out about being gay, however at my new job they are aware of my transition and are fully supportive of it, even if they don't always know how to handle every situation, they don't hesitate to ask me.

I am very fortunate, especially since we are a smaller company of about 30-40 people across all three of our offices. It helps also I am sure that I am not the only queer person here.
Logicaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:28 AM   #96
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,545 Times in 4,142 Posts
JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation
Default out of what?

Well let's see, I've been with the same company for 22yrs, if they haven't figured it out by now... My company has equal rights for everyone that includes sexual orientation. If you live in a state that gays can legally marry, then your spouse can be added to your medical and dental plan.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:38 AM   #97
JoSchmooze

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, hym, mister or "sir", like I get called by strangers!

Thanked 10,989 Times in 1,627 Posts
JoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST Reputation

If I couldn't be out at work....
I wouldn't be working there,

I spent 10 years in the Army,back in the days of witch hunts...
Not doing that ever again...
Some times I just say....."well hell, look at me and just think about it"...

JoSchmooze is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JoSchmooze For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2011, 10:49 AM   #98
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

i'm out in life. work included.
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 02:33 AM   #99
Jeep

How Do You Identify?:
confused
Relationship Status:
YEEHAW!!!

Jeep Has the BEST ReputationJeep Has the BEST ReputationJeep Has the BEST ReputationJeep Has the BEST ReputationJeep Has the BEST ReputationJeep Has the BEST ReputationJeep Has the BEST ReputationJeep Has the BEST ReputationJeep Has the BEST ReputationJeep Has the BEST ReputationJeep Has the BEST Reputation

Halfway. There are people who know and people who haven't quite figured it out yet. I'm not the only one and it's not exactly a secret, but if they don't talk to me or hang out in the smoker's corner at break they don't have a reason to know. Also, one of the three supervisors is gay (and funny as hell) so they don't tolerate intolerance.
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle. ~Author Unknown
Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:29 PM   #100
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation
Default Out at work

Yes, I'm out at work. I haven't experienced any discrimination or backlash, or even much interest. I have long hair, and wear dresses, or a skirt and blouse and heels every day, plus I'm older, so maybe when people see me it doesn't set off any "warning alarms." Ha, if they only knew!
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ginger For This Useful Post: