Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 05-24-2016, 06:20 PM   #401
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

Hey, for anyone interested this weekend there will be a Paleo live stream FREE for you to watch on most devices. There will be more speakers from the Paleo world than you could possibly watch in a weekend, allowing you to pick and choose the subject and speaker that you choose in any given hour. Folks with recipes and cooking methods, physicians, sports and exercise, nutrition...you name it.

Anyway, here's the signup link: http://www.paleofx.com/livestream/?a_aid=sarahb

Remember, it's FREE! You can check out the list of speakers and the schedule on that same link.
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2016, 07:14 AM   #402
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

In my quest for different breakfast ideas, I bought some smoked salmon and cream cheese at Trader Joes. I did roll-ups and they tasted like bagels (kind of and minus the bagels) lox and cream cheese.

It was a treat.

I have truly discovered this week that I just can't eat carbs. Ever since my cracker episode last week; the cravings are back. It shocks me because I have eaten so few net carbs each day since December and was not craving them at all.

Time to get clean again.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2016, 04:32 AM   #403
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,099 Times in 8,593 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default Low Carb Cauliflower Breadsticks

Low Carb Cauliflower Breadsticks with fresh herbs, garlic, and lots of ooey gooey cheese atop a cauliflower crust looks and tastes like cheesy bread.

Author: Life Tastes Good

Recipe type: Appetizer

Serves: 4-6 Servings

INGREDIENTS
1 head cauliflower, riced
1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1/2 cup shaved Parmesan Cheese
1 large egg
1/2 tablespoon freshly minced garlic
1/2 tablespoon freshly chopped basil
1/2 tablespoon freshly chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
3/4 cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese

INSTRUCTIONS
Preheat oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
To rice the cauliflower I cored it and broke it into florets. Then I placed it in the bowl of my food processor and pulsed until it was the texture of rice.

In a large bowl, mix the riced cauliflower, 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, 1 egg, 1/2 tablespoon fresh garlic, 1/2 tablespoon fresh basil, 1/2 tablespoon fresh parsley, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper until combined and holds together. Place the mixture onto the parchment lined baking sheet and spread out into a rectangle about 9x7" and 1/4" thick.

Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes (oven temperatures may vary and you may have to adjust the temperature or time). Remove from oven and top with 3/4 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese and return to oven to continue baking until the cheese is melted and starting to brown. Cool about 10 minutes and cut into 'breadsticks'. Garnish with fresh herbs and Parmesan cheese. Serve with your favorite Red Sauce and enjoy!

==============

I haven't tried this, but it looks tasty and easy to make.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2016, 07:56 AM   #404
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post

Low Carb Cauliflower Breadsticks with fresh herbs, garlic, and lots of ooey gooey cheese atop a cauliflower crust looks and tastes like cheesy bread.
I made this yesterday and it didn't taste anything like cheesy bread, but it is good. The taste reminded me of macaroni and cheese more than anything else.

I had some last night without any red sauce and I brought some to work with me to have as a snack today. Not sure I'll make this again, but it wasn't a waste of time nor money.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2016, 12:29 PM   #405
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Thanked 7,264 Times in 2,158 Posts
Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I made this yesterday and it didn't taste anything like cheesy bread, but it is good. The taste reminded me of macaroni and cheese more than anything else.

I had some last night without any red sauce and I brought some to work with me to have as a snack today. Not sure I'll make this again, but it wasn't a waste of time nor money.

Recipe is short on some seasonings, two tablespoons of garlic is pathetic, lol. I would use fresh cilantro, greek oregano, add feta, skip the basil, add turmeric, paprika, and other spices.

I would put two heads of garlic... I LOVE garlic....

Califlower is pretty bland, you can do ANYTHING to it... Great sub for taters.

Thank you so much Orema for taste testing this recipe!!!
Sweet Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2016, 05:11 PM   #406
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Maybe, besides some of the suggestions Sweet Bliss had, add some smoked crumbled bacon in it?

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2016, 05:38 PM   #407
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Bliss View Post
Recipe is short on some seasonings, two tablespoons of garlic is pathetic, lol. I would use fresh cilantro, greek oregano, add feta, skip the basil, add turmeric, paprika, and other spices.

I would put two heads of garlic... I LOVE garlic....

Califlower is pretty bland, you can do ANYTHING to it... Great sub for taters.

Thank you so much Orema for taste testing this recipe!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Maybe, besides some of the suggestions Sweet Bliss had, add some smoked crumbled bacon in it?
Great suggestions and it all sounds good—especially the bacon . The only reason I wouldn't make it again is because it is so doggone fattening and my body just doesn't process fat as well as it used to.

Edit: I should add that it's very tasty. I made a lot and took some to work. Everyone liked it who tried it. And, I'll use cauliflower instead of noodles the next time I have a strong craving for Mac and cheese.

Last edited by Orema; 06-06-2016 at 05:47 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2016, 05:40 PM   #408
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Great suggestions and it all sounds good—especially the bacon . The only reason I wouldn't make it again is because it is so doggone fattening and my body just doesn't process fat as well as it used to.
Well, that's a darn good reason.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2016, 02:08 PM   #409
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

A couple of new Paleo recipes landed in my inbox today that I am going to try(especially those sweet potato pancakes) so I thought I would share some of them here. I am going to try the pancakes as soon as I replenish my egg supply.

Sweet Potato Breakfast Sandwich

Grain Free Lemon Poppyseed Muffins
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2016, 03:47 PM   #410
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

CREAMY CUCUMBER TAHINI SALAD DRESSING
Detoxinista.com

A creamy vegan dressing that is addictive over any number of veggies.

INGREDIENTS ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
5 tablespoons raw tahini (no added oil)
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped cucumbers (about 4 ounces)
1 clove garlic
1 teaspoon ground cumin
2 tablespoons water

INSTRUCTIONS
Combine all of the ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until completely smooth. Adjust any seasoning to taste, and then chill until ready to serve. Like most dressings, the flavor gets even better the longer it sits, and it also thickens a bit. (Feel free to add a splash of water if you need to thin it out later.) Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.

No Tahini is not really Paleo,( no seeds really are) however, it is low in carbs for a dressing/dip and has 2.6 grams of Protein per tablespoon...plus it is high in potassium and contains other vitamins and minerals. Not being a Paleo purist personally, I choose to keep a jar of Tahini in house.
Old 06-13-2016, 02:07 PM   #411
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

This is a 3 part article written by Dr. Sarah Ballantyne, PhD (aka The Paleo Mom) that I found to be quite interesting, perhaps you will as well.

The Diet We’re Meant to Eat, Part 1: Evolution & Hunter-Gatherers

The Diet We’re Meant to Eat, Part 2: Physiological & Biological Evidence

The Diet We’re Meant to Eat, Part 3: How Much Meat versus Veggies?
Old 06-15-2016, 03:16 PM   #412
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Default Pemmican Review!

I put a meat order in on Sunday and it arrived this afternoon. I included a stick of pemmican with the order to see if I like it or not. I consider myself adventurous when it comes to trying new foods so I was anxious to try it.

I love it! So does Sadie, but it's all mine...well mostly. It looks like a slim jim but a little fatter around. The texture is soft with chewy bits of jerky in it. Think beef paté with tiny bits of beef jerky in it.

As for taste, it is very mild tasting like a beef paté minus the seasonings. It also has beef tallow. Although it doesn't taste greasy after you've eaten it you can feel it on your lips, but not in a gross way, at least not to me. In fact, I know people who use beef tallow to make chap stick and balms.

The stick I ate today, satisfied my hunger without that overfull filling, and provided me with plenty of energy.

I will definitely include a few sticks of this on my meat orders to have for breakfast along with a few nuts and some berries. It is also available with a little honey and cherries in it, which I may try in the near future. Sorry to gross you out if you hate paté.

The ingredients are: Beef jerky, beef tallow, water, sea salt
Old 06-16-2016, 05:44 PM   #413
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

45 days of healthy meals.

Not all are low carb but all look like they are paleo.

They look really tasty and easy to make:

http://www.fitnesshq.com/45-healthy-meals/

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2016, 09:41 AM   #414
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Thanked 7,264 Times in 2,158 Posts
Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation

Good morning Jesse and Thread Followers.

This popped up on my FB feed this morning..

https://www.facebook.com/groups/naturalfermentation/

Looks really interesting... going to explore it today.
Sweet Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2016, 07:59 PM   #415
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

This recipe comes from the recipe section on the web site that I order my grass fed meat from. I believe it is from another customer. This recipe is for 6-8 but could easily be halved for those of us with smaller households, or cook the whole thing and have yummy leftovers!

The Recipe Corner
Chipotle Barbacoa Tacos

Author: Danielle Walker

Prep Time: 15 minutes

Cook Time: 480 minutes

Serves: 6-8

Ingredients:

3 pound center cut shoulder roast

3 to 5 large dried chipotle peppers, seeds removed

½ yellow onion

¼ cup lime juice

¼ cup tomato paste

4 garlic cloves

1½ tablespoons apple cider vinegar

2 teaspoons cumin

2 teaspoons sea salt

1 teaspoon oregano

¾ cup beef or chicken stock

3 bay leaves

1 teaspoon whole cloves

for serving: grain-free tortillas/crepes, avocado, cilantro, sliced radish, red onions

Directions:

Cut the roast into two pieces and trim any fat. Place in the pot of a slow cooker.

Combine the chipotle peppers, onion, lime juice, tomato paste, garlic, vinegar, cumin, salt, and oregano in a food processor. Process until smooth.

Pour over the roast and add the stock, bay leaves, and cloves.

Cover and cook on low for 7 hours.

Remove the beef and shred with two forks. Return the meat to the slow cooker and continue cooking for 1 to 2 hours, until really tender.

Serve with your choice of toppings. We like avocado, radish, cilantro, and red onions.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2016, 09:01 AM   #416
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Here is another quick n easy recipe. This would work with a good salsa in place of the avocado sauce for a change of pace. Can you tell that I am craving tacos?

Taco Salad With Creamy Avocado Dressing

For The Salad:

2-3 cups shredded romaine lettuce
1/4 cup red onion, diced
3 tbsp sliced black olives
3 green onions, chopped
8 oz. ground beef
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp dried oregano
1/8 tsp paprika
Salt and pepper, to taste

For The Dressing:
1/2 avocado, pit removed
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp lime juice
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp fresh cilantro, chopped
1 tbsp water
Pinch of salt

Directions
1. To make the dressing, blend the ingredients with an immersion blender or in a regular blender and process until smooth. Add more water if necessary to reach desired consistency, and taste for seasoning. Set aside.

2. Cook ground beef with seasonings over medium heat. Assemble salad by combining all of the salad ingredients in a large bowl. Toss well to combine. Top with dressing to serve.

Servings: 2
Difficulty: Easy
paleo grubs http://paleogrubs.com/
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2016, 09:27 AM   #417
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

That recipe looks easy, it is totally low carb and looks delicious!

I will definitely try the Taco Salad With Creamy Avocado Dressing!

Thanks Jesse!

~Washington Post

The Following User Says Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2016, 10:15 AM   #418
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

You're most welcome, Anya. I am going to make it either tonight or tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
That recipe looks easy, it is totally low carb and looks delicious!

I will definitely try the Taco Salad With Creamy Avocado Dressing!

Thanks Jesse!
Old 06-29-2016, 10:56 AM   #419
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

This last one is a favorite go to of mine. I toss some extra veggies in, or have a salad with it. I've altered it only slightly by using nutritional yeast, and correcting a couple of spelling errors. There is a recipe on the same website for the homemade red pesto.

Quick Beef Ragù with "Zoodles"

Preparation time Hands­ on: 15 minutes
Overall:20 minutes
Nutritional values (per serving):
Total Carbs 8.3 grams
Fiber 2.6 grams
Net Carbs 5.7 grams
Protein 37.8 grams
Fat 51.1 grams
of which Saturated 18.9 grams
Energy 645 kcal
Magnesium 83 mg (20% RDA)
Potassium 1191 mg (60% EMR)
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (3.6%), protein (23.9%), fat (72.5%) // Net carbs without "zoodles":
1.5 g per serving

Ingredients (makes 4 servings):

Beef ragu:
beef, minced, grass­fed (800g / 1.8 lb / 28.2 oz)
¼ cup red pesto,
Shredded cheese, or nutritional yeast if you prefer
1 tbsp ghee, butter or coconut oil...garlic or herb infused for extra flavour
small bunch fresh parsley
½ tsp pink Himalayan salt or to taste

Serve with "zoodles":
4 medium zucchini (one per serving), sliced using a julienne peeler or vegetable spiralizer (800g /1.8 lb / 28.2 oz)

Instructions:
1. Place the meat in a sauce pan greased with ghee or coconut oil and cook until browned on all sides while stirring frequently. Keep some ghee for later.
2. Add red pesto and freshly chopped parsley and keep on low heat. When done take off the heat and
transfer into a bowl.
3. Meanwhile, using a spiralizer, create zucchini "noodles". Chop the soft core of the zucchini and add it
to the zoodles.
Note: If you don't have a spiralizer, you can use a julienne peeler and peel the zucchini all around until you get to the soft centre.
4. Transfer the zoodles into the sauce pan greased with the remaining ghee. Cook briefly for 2 to ­5 minutes. Turn off the heat, add the meat and mix in well.
The exact time depends on how tender you prefer the zoodles to be. The less you cook them, the more "al dente" and the less soggy they will be. I prefer mine cooked very briefly for just about 2 minutes.

http://ketodietapp.com/Blog/post/201...u-with-Zoodles
Old 07-01-2016, 06:46 AM   #420
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Tags
carbs, healthy fats, high protein, low carbs, paleo