Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Careers, Work, Business

Old 06-04-2013, 07:06 AM   #381
spritzerJ
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Queer (gender), female (biological marker)
Preferred Pronoun?:
she will work as a default.
Relationship Status:
*engaged to jac* until 8/10/14

Thanked 15,802 Times in 2,905 Posts
spritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST Reputation

The end of another school year is beginning. We have 2.5 short weeks left to enjoy, celebrate and grow some more. At the end of the year I am leaving a building I don't like working in but some fabulous students. I've made some work and personal friends, learned so much and witnessed the blossoming of fantastic learners. Sure the "leaders" or administration of the building has frustrated me endlessly. Luckily the kids way out number the grown ups!

I can't stop smiling when I look at the 2nd graders and their grace. The determination, comfort and inquisitiveness is inspiring.
spritzerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to spritzerJ For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2013, 07:26 AM   #382
sis
Diva!

How Do You Identify?:
StoneFemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
Content!

Thanked 1,401 Times in 296 Posts
sis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Thumbs up

One month today, at this very moment, I'll be on a plane jetting over the Pacific on my way to Manitoba for my summer break. I'm counting the days! lolol Working as I do, I believe I have a different type of stress in the teaching field. However, I don't think I have quite as much paperwork. lolol For all of us who are winding up their school year - have a great break. For those of us on the last stretch - there IS a light at the end of the tunnel! Have a great week!

Deb
Oh! Please do!
Oh! Please!
Oh!
sis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sis For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2013, 03:39 AM   #383
bkisbutchenuff
PPoA - Southern Gentle Butch

How Do You Identify?:
BOI/Butch/Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, he, him, handsome, Daddy
Relationship Status:
Single. 😉

Thanked 10,845 Times in 2,247 Posts
bkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand." Randy Pausch.
bkisbutchenuff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to bkisbutchenuff For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2013, 10:52 PM   #384
bkisbutchenuff

How Do You Identify?:
BOI/Butch/Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single. 😉

bkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand." Randy Pausch.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bkisbutchenuff For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2013, 04:03 PM   #385
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,366 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

It's over. Thank god. Mounds of paperwork AND we had to pack up our classrooms because we are moving to another site (nearby). Our registrar walked off the job about a month before the end and had been screwing up before, so the paperwork was a bigger nightmare than I gather it typically is. It truly was a nightmare.

The blessing was we had a full week to do all this after the last class. I have never taught anywhere that gave you that. But we have extra paperwork because of the nature of the work, so that's why.

It was a hard year, but a good one. Lots of successes. One heartbreaking loss.

I got recognized at the end of the year for my work with a group of students. It was during an alt ed meeting where others were being recognized too. But it felt good. I happened to sit beside my boss at the retirement lunch for a couple of staff members the next day, and she told me how pleased she was with my work. She had already given me the best evaluation I have ever gotten.

And I like her too. She was pro-active a couple of times when my students weren't getting services that they are entitled too. That's rare in an administrator. And I like the teachers I work with. I think the job is a keeper. I am just not in love with where I live, but there are summers and breaks. And I might end up moving to the coast and commuting. I am still debating it. I don't know. Someone in my chosen family just had a baby. And being near where the baby is (which is also near work) appeals.

Anyway, wow. WOW. There is no minimizing how tough the end of the year is, is there? You work hard all year, but you forget how hard you actually CAN work until June approaches.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2013, 09:08 PM   #386
bkisbutchenuff

How Do You Identify?:
BOI/Butch/Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single. 😉

Member Photo Albums

Its summertime!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bkisbutchenuff For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2013, 09:15 PM   #387
bkisbutchenuff

How Do You Identify?:
BOI/Butch/Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single. 😉

Member Photo Albums

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bkisbutchenuff For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2013, 07:04 AM   #388
bkisbutchenuff

How Do You Identify?:
BOI/Butch/Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single. 😉

Member Photo Albums

i
I am constantly learning from them....

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bkisbutchenuff For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2013, 11:49 AM   #389
bkisbutchenuff

How Do You Identify?:
BOI/Butch/Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single. 😉

Member Photo Albums

Old 06-20-2013, 02:21 AM   #390
bkisbutchenuff

How Do You Identify?:
BOI/Butch/Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single. 😉

Member Photo Albums

Old 06-23-2013, 02:08 AM   #391
bkisbutchenuff

How Do You Identify?:
BOI/Butch/Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single. 😉

Member Photo Albums

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bkisbutchenuff For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2013, 11:58 AM   #392
bkisbutchenuff

How Do You Identify?:
BOI/Butch/Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single. 😉

Member Photo Albums

Old 06-24-2013, 01:27 PM   #393
pinkajl

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Relationship Status:
Happily Unavailable

pinkajl Has the BEST Reputationpinkajl Has the BEST Reputationpinkajl Has the BEST Reputationpinkajl Has the BEST Reputationpinkajl Has the BEST Reputationpinkajl Has the BEST Reputationpinkajl Has the BEST Reputationpinkajl Has the BEST Reputationpinkajl Has the BEST Reputationpinkajl Has the BEST Reputationpinkajl Has the BEST Reputation
Default Quick introduction

Hi I'm Pink. I've drifted on and off this board (and the older b-f site) over the years. I know a few site members in real life. I work in education and thought I'd make a brief introduction.

I do educational testing with private clients and curriculum development. I also serve on the NAGC GLBTQ Special Interest Group and moderate an online support group for parents with gifted lgbtq kids who are in the midst of coming out. I live in Maryland.

I never knew this board existed in my previous romps through BFP, but I'm glad I found it today.
pinkajl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pinkajl For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2013, 01:36 AM   #394
bkisbutchenuff

How Do You Identify?:
BOI/Butch/Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single. 😉

Member Photo Albums

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bkisbutchenuff For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2013, 01:48 AM   #395
bkisbutchenuff

How Do You Identify?:
BOI/Butch/Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single. 😉

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkajl View Post
Hi I'm Pink. I've drifted on and off this board (and the older b-f site) over the years. I know a few site members in real life. I work in education and thought I'd make a brief introduction.

I do educational testing with private clients and curriculum development. I also serve on the NAGC GLBTQ Special Interest Group and moderate an online support group for parents with gifted lgbtq kids who are in the midst of coming out. I live in Maryland.

I never knew this board existed in my previous romps through BFP, but I'm glad I found it today.

Welcome Pink. I love this thread...we have many wonderful/creative/supportive/knowledgable educators on the planet!
I have personally found encouragement and support here .... but especially this past year!
Again - welcome - share, ask, explore, laugh, cry....

Old 06-28-2013, 09:36 PM   #396
FemmeItalian

How Do You Identify?:
Femme, Classical Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby, sweetie, love, she, her
Relationship Status:
il mio cuore è stato conquistato da qualcuno ....... io veramente adoro

Thanked 2,044 Times in 338 Posts
FemmeItalian Has the BEST ReputationFemmeItalian Has the BEST ReputationFemmeItalian Has the BEST ReputationFemmeItalian Has the BEST ReputationFemmeItalian Has the BEST ReputationFemmeItalian Has the BEST ReputationFemmeItalian Has the BEST ReputationFemmeItalian Has the BEST ReputationFemmeItalian Has the BEST ReputationFemmeItalian Has the BEST ReputationFemmeItalian Has the BEST Reputation
Default Thinking my students may think this before algebra exams....

-Judy Garland
FemmeItalian is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FemmeItalian For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2013, 04:12 AM   #397
bkisbutchenuff

How Do You Identify?:
BOI/Butch/Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single. 😉

Member Photo Albums

Old 06-30-2013, 09:22 PM   #398
pinkajl

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Relationship Status:
Happily Unavailable

pinkajl Has the BEST Reputationpinkajl Has the BEST Reputationpinkajl Has the BEST Reputationpinkajl Has the BEST Reputationpinkajl Has the BEST Reputationpinkajl Has the BEST Reputationpinkajl Has the BEST Reputationpinkajl Has the BEST Reputationpinkajl Has the BEST Reputationpinkajl Has the BEST Reputationpinkajl Has the BEST Reputation

Thank you for the kind welcome, BK.

I'll share a gripe, if you don't mind. I had a test client send an email today canceling her appointment for tomorrow morning. She did "research" on the GORT and CTOPP and decided they aren't "appropriate" to help determine if her almost 6yo may have a reading disability. Ummm, okay,

Self-employment makes me go "grrrrr" sometimes with what people say. But, then I remind myself that it's often better when something like this happens because clients like that are usually very demanding and are not happy unless you give the diagnosis that they are asking for.

Anyhow, I hope you and everyone else had a relaxing weekend.
pinkajl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pinkajl For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2013, 09:39 PM   #399
bkisbutchenuff

How Do You Identify?:
BOI/Butch/Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single. 😉

Member Photo Albums

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bkisbutchenuff For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2013, 05:37 AM   #400
spritzerJ
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Queer (gender), female (biological marker)
Preferred Pronoun?:
she will work as a default.
Relationship Status:
*engaged to jac* until 8/10/14

Thanked 15,802 Times in 2,905 Posts
spritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkajl View Post

Good Morning! Welcome Pink! Sounds like you have an interesting job. This is a great thread for sharing triumphs and struggles.

I've taught for 14 years. All in elementary special education. Next year is a big transition for me. I'll be moving to 2nd grade. I am super excited and a wee bit scared. I've been a dual endorsed teacher all this time and finally I am making a break from special education. It was past time.

The last 2 years I've really enjoyed the students I am worked with but found the job of being a "case manager" and "special education team member" to be frustrating. This was compounded by working in a school with a wacky vice principal (who is the sped supervisor) and not real assertive principal. Turns out their leadership (lack of) was just the final straw to get me motivated to finally leave. I've been a bit crispy burnt out on sped for a while. I love to teach though. So the classroom is where I am headed.

The transition to 2nd grade is coupled with a big life move. My partner, daughter and I have settled in Maine together. This means a new district (big school in a small town in the "down east Acadia Region" of Maine), new grade, new everything. Luckily my partner is very supportive! My daughter is going into 2nd grade too so this is becoming quite the family bonding change.

I visited the state department of education last week to apply and learn about Maine licensure. I learned I need to retake my Praxis tests and a couple other odds and ends. So I'll be studying. I've also ordered a couple of books to refresh myself on the "general education" side of things. The specialist to classroom teacher perspective is going to be interesting and a ton of work.

I think I am ready!
spritzerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to spritzerJ For This Useful Post:

Tags
careers, educators, gltb, network