Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-14-2012, 07:03 AM   #1
Dance-with-me

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Thanked 1,926 Times in 378 Posts
Dance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST Reputation
Default Roller derby!

Anyone here a derby girl (or boi), ref, NSO, volunteer, derby spouse, or ardent fan?

I fell in love with roller derby watching it on tv when I was a kid in the 60' and early 70's, but by the time I was old enough to consider skating, it had mostly stopped.

But when it started up again a few years ago, I was determined to get involved, and finally a local team started. I went to some practices then realized that was really foolish considering at that time I was just two months out from having neck surgery, so I decided to give it a year and then I'll start again. I managed to get my almost-17yo granddaughter hooked as well. For now, we're both learning to be NSOs (non-skating officials), but she's determined to be a bout-ready skater by her 18th birthday, and I'm determined to be part of the first (as far as I know) grandmother-granddaughter duo in roller derby.

So, who else loves roller derby? What do you do, what's your team, and what's your derby name? I'm Abuela de Vil (my grands call me Abuela).

Related topic: Butches in roller derby, which is a sport that overall celebrates mostly feminine women out there kicking ass and taking names. Discuss.
Dance-with-me is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dance-with-me For This Useful Post: