Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,539 Times in 10,209 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Smiling...

Oh the props! Creativity, always impresses me.

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2014, 08:29 PM   #16642
ForeverMe

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Feminine ones please

ForeverMe Has the BEST ReputationForeverMe Has the BEST ReputationForeverMe Has the BEST ReputationForeverMe Has the BEST ReputationForeverMe Has the BEST ReputationForeverMe Has the BEST ReputationForeverMe Has the BEST ReputationForeverMe Has the BEST ReputationForeverMe Has the BEST ReputationForeverMe Has the BEST ReputationForeverMe Has the BEST Reputation

Oh how some of these grate my nerves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
We asked HuffPost editors which sayings bother them the most, and found that the common thread among the responses was uselessness.

Often, the phrases that we find off-putting are those that serve as conversational fillers, implying that the speaker is vapid or has little else to contribute to the conversation.

Business and Internet jargon ("There's no 'I' in team" and "This. So much this," respectively) are irritating in their own rights, but phrases said in day-to-day conversation can be the most grating.

Here are 22 common expressions people secretly hate. Let us know which sayings you dislike in the comments!:

"Everything happens for a reason."
... except when it doesn't.

"If it's meant to be, it's meant to be."
"If fact #1 is true, then fact #1 is true." This falls under the "you actually just said nothing" category.

"I mean..."
This expression, like "let me think," is somewhat of a conversation hedge, so we can forgive it. Still, why call attention to the fact that you're saying what you mean? Do you normally not say what you mean?

"To be frank..."
"As opposed to the rest of the things I say, which are evasive..."

"Honestly..."
"Typically I'm lying, but in this case I'm being honest."

"Just sayin'."
Just sayin' what?! And why do you feel the need to alert people that you are, indeed, speaking? "Just sayin'" is often followed by a rude statement, in a feeble attempt to soften the blow.

"At the end of the day..."
The metaphorical version of the already trite, "when it's all said and done...". The best part? It's said at all hours of the day.

"Same difference."
So... is it the same? Or different? Are the differences between the two things that you're comparing the same?

"Do what you love."
This is a nice sentiment, but it oversimplifies the task of finding a vocation, hobby or path. Plus, it implies that everyone has the ability and funds to follow their hearts, whether their hearts desire terminal degrees, improv classes, or their very own Etsy shops.

"Let me tell you something."
Along the lines of, "Can I ask you something?" this phrase is completely needless.

"I apologize if I made you feel that way."
I.e. "I refuse to take responsibility for my actions."

"My bad."
This expression makes light of a mistake -- rather than a sincere apology, "my bad" is the verbal equivalent of a shrug.

"Sorry I'm not sorry."
Fine when used facetiously, but so irritating when said in earnest. It's a more straightforward version of the above.

"No worries."
This is fine when said to someone who had sincere worries, but is often used passive aggressively, as in: "I'm going to be a little late." "No worries!" Wait, should I have been worried?

"Chill out."
"Your concerns are not valid and are totally drowning out my Phish live stream."

"Sunday funday!"
Rhyming does not an acceptable phrase make.

"I've got a case of the Mondays."
Who wouldn't, after Sunday funday?

"Killing it."
Because what's success without severe aggression? Also, it may be physically impossible to say this phrase without simultaneously high-fiving someone.

"Work hard, play hard."
If you're really working that hard, wouldn't you need to sleep hard at some point?

"Give 110 percent."
Not possible.

"Yeah, no."
So... you mean "no"? If you mean no, just say "no"!
ForeverMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 08:01 AM   #16643
Smiling

How Do You Identify?:
with a distinct flair

Thanked 4,382 Times in 1,009 Posts
Smiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST Reputation
Default Smiling, indeed.

5/4 away from work!

Smiling is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Smiling For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2014, 09:50 AM   #16644
Teddybear

How Do You Identify?:
by my name
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 6,239 Times in 1,687 Posts
Teddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST Reputation

Waking with her seeing her beautiful face sleeping with a smile

knowing that she is with me on the truck for today and then a 3 day weekend
Old 04-17-2014, 10:05 AM   #16645
cricket26

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
must be love on the brain

Thanked 4,249 Times in 1,297 Posts
cricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputation
Default phrases we secretly hate...

my favorite....

ummm....yeah...no....
cricket26 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cricket26 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2014, 05:32 PM   #16646
Degotoga

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Respectful and situational appropriate ones
Relationship Status:
Enjoying butchelorhood

Thanked 4,386 Times in 1,233 Posts
Degotoga Has the BEST ReputationDegotoga Has the BEST ReputationDegotoga Has the BEST ReputationDegotoga Has the BEST ReputationDegotoga Has the BEST ReputationDegotoga Has the BEST ReputationDegotoga Has the BEST ReputationDegotoga Has the BEST ReputationDegotoga Has the BEST ReputationDegotoga Has the BEST ReputationDegotoga Has the BEST Reputation

Beautiful women everywhere I went today. Each had their own distinguishing feature that caught my attention, and I couldn't help but smile. One had gorgeous eyes, another had a smile that would light up a runway, and another was just drop dead gorgeous from head to toe. Warm, soulful eyes and a sincere, beautiful smile are my two favorite features, but I check out the rest, too. Yeah, I can be a pig like that - don't judge!

The Universe was smiling on me today, and I was smiling right back!
Old 04-17-2014, 09:26 PM   #16647
nhplowboi

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Good question.

Thanked 3,465 Times in 741 Posts
nhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputation

Thinking about our trip to the trade show Tuesday. Samples of products abound as do deals if you purchase them. We sell a product called Damn Good Jerky so we stopped by their booth. After placing an order, we sampled some of the free product. I decided to hazard a bite of one of their hottest jerkys. Oooops, too hot!!! I inhaled to cool my mouth, only to suck the jerky into my windpipe. Yikes, I've caught stuff in that spot before but never have been in the position where I couldn't EXHALE. I grabbed the wife and walked off to the side of the main floor. The pinch, I inadvertently put on her arm, didn't make her happy but with the realization she might finally save a life with the Heimlich maneuver, all was forgotten. The simple fact of bending forward however seemed to open my airway and I had to insist the Heimlich was not necessary. She did get one compression in, so we may forever haggle the point of my current living and breathing status. Oh by the way, the name of the jerky......."Death by Jerky".
nhplowboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nhplowboi For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2014, 07:23 AM   #16648
Smiling

How Do You Identify?:
with a distinct flair

Thanked 4,382 Times in 1,009 Posts
Smiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST Reputation
Default So many things to smile about this morning....

Silence. The only discernible sound is that of softly rushing air currents created by the ceiling fan. It is so relaxing.

The aroma of freshly-brewed coffee.

A long weekend ahead.

A few new job opportunities that I may be interested in have suddenly been posted for bid.

And the best part of all is that a book which I have been really wanting to read but didn't have the extra money for is available in it's entirety online for free and it isn't a pirated copy!

I think today is shaping up to be a great day.
Smiling is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Smiling For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2014, 11:27 AM   #16649
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Smile Alive!

I am alive for another day, and i am overwhelmed with the love i experienced from my church family while inthe Hospital.

Our priest (who feints at the sight of blood) sat with my Kasey and i in the emergency room while i vomited blood in 8 large plastic buckets, an inch deep, over the space of 2 hours. God bless her, she turned white a couple of times, but managed to look the other way just in time.

Then unexpectedly i was brought a prayer shawl handmade by my women's group, and a young man delivering magazines prayed with my daughter and i.

I am so very blessed in my life.
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2014, 04:14 PM   #16650
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

smiling..

Well the lady who was pissed off at me for not having a freezing cold dressing...could not shake me today!

But smiling over the $1300 sale from another customer will last all day!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2014, 04:31 PM   #16651
firegal

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't let the gal part of my screen name fool ya I,m ALL butch!

1 Highscore

Thanked 11,735 Times in 2,469 Posts
firegal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default ...

Actually a package...with Easter theme I got in mail and the thoughtfullness was....well it made me smile...really big...HUGE!
firegal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to firegal For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2014, 06:07 PM   #16652
Daktari

Mezze at The Cornerhouse

Non-stop chat with my sponsorship sister
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2014, 07:46 PM   #16653
WildHorses

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch/Big Heart/Rough Edge
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy, She, Hym, Whatever, it really does not matter but do NOT call me lady!
Relationship Status:
Crazy over Genesis!

Thanked 2,425 Times in 917 Posts
WildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST Reputation

I found both pairs of my glasses and my missing pair of sneakers today!

There's nothing more beautiful than the way the ocean refuses to stop kissing the shoreline, no matter how many times it's sent away.

Sarah Kay

WildHorses is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WildHorses For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2014, 08:45 PM   #16654
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

a new to me path that led me to a lovely vista....
Old 04-20-2014, 08:03 AM   #16655
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Im watching public television with my client...as we do most weekends...

Its a show about tigers...and the film crew goes out on elephants to find tigers to film.

The lead elephant saw branches that were in its way...at eye level and pushed them aside with his trunk as he went...then...there were higher branches further along...and even though they were no concern to him ( they wouldve cleared him easily) he knew they would hit the people that were on his back....and he moved them aside as well....
Elephants have long been a favorite animal of mine...for their intelligence...matriarchal tendencies and their close family bonds. Now I know they also have empathy....
Old 04-20-2014, 09:07 AM   #16656
Trev

How Do You Identify?:
Just a good ole boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male ones
Relationship Status:
She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy

Thanked 10,142 Times in 2,400 Posts
Trev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST Reputation

Early morning pictures via texts of grand kids with Easter baskets. Then of course, my phone starts ringing and I get the inventory of all the baskets. The excited little voices were so darn cute.

Trev is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trev For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2014, 10:10 AM   #16657
Teddybear

How Do You Identify?:
by my name
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him
Relationship Status:
single

Teddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST Reputation

Having a birthday/Easter BBQ with the girls family.

Watching her grown kids hunt eggs I had hidden in the yard. All but 2 eggs were found upon further investigation we realized that the neighbors kids must have found the 2 that we couldnt. I hope they enjoyed the surprise in the egg.

Eating breakfast out on the patio. It was the first time we have been able to.
Old 04-20-2014, 10:51 AM   #16658
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Smiling....

Feel good movie. People Like Us.

Happy tears

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2014, 10:59 AM   #16659
Teddybear

How Do You Identify?:
by my name
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him
Relationship Status:
single

seeing the visitor msg this morning
Old 04-20-2014, 08:41 PM   #16660
Aud

How Do You Identify?:
Fabulous
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
Divorced

Aud Has the BEST ReputationAud Has the BEST ReputationAud Has the BEST ReputationAud Has the BEST ReputationAud Has the BEST ReputationAud Has the BEST ReputationAud Has the BEST ReputationAud Has the BEST ReputationAud Has the BEST ReputationAud Has the BEST ReputationAud Has the BEST Reputation

So many things made me smile today: having a slightly off-key sing along to the radio, on the way to a fabulous dinner with a wonderful woman & her very charming and kind family. Flying massive cartoon-themed kites on the lake & playing with sidewalk chalk, like overgrown children. And a beautiful engagement ring...

I've had a lot of reasons to smile today.
Aud is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Aud For This Useful Post:

Tags
happy, joy, smile