PDA

View Full Version : FTM's and Transitioning

Pages : [1] 2 3

Sam
11-15-2009, 07:40 PM
Where are you in your transition?
How long have you been on T?
How much T do you take on a bi weekly or monthly basis?
How does your body react to your shot intake?
Are you pre or post op top and or bottom?

Where and Who did your surgeries? Help others out. If you have questions, ask them here.

Please no labeling here. Anyone can conversate, but please keep the topic and Questions.

This is not a debating thread. Thanks

Linus
11-15-2009, 07:52 PM

Where and Who did your surgeries? Help others out. If you have questions, ask them here.

Please no labeling here. Anyone can conversate, but please keep the topic and Questions.

Well, hard to say where I am in transition since we all transition throughout life. :) But, so far, I'm about year 2 of a medical transition.

Been on T for about a year and bit.

I take T on a bi-weekly basis, 1cc (remember that for different people the amount is different).

Uh.. body says "OW! Stop stabbing me!" :D Other than that, seems to be reacting well (e.g., beard growth, shifting of weight, deepening of voice, calming).

Pre-all surgery. Plan is top surgery. Haven't figured out who first as I want to get funds together before heading that way.

Jet
11-15-2009, 08:27 PM
I start T around January. I don;t require top surgery

SelfMadeMan
11-16-2009, 04:33 AM
Where are you in your transition? I started transition in August of 1998

How long have you been on T? I started T in February of 1999

How much T do you take on a bi weekly or monthly basis? 100mg once a weekHow does your body react to your shot intake? I don't really notice any physical differences - except maybe a slight headache the day after

Are you pre or post op top and or bottom? Post op top (2004) and partially done, bottom - hysto in 2000

Where and Who did your surgeries? Hysto at University of Iowa Hospital, and I can't name my top surgeon - had it done in Rochester, MN but the surgeon doesn't do FTM top surgeries as a rule and doesn't want to be named

PapaC
11-16-2009, 07:19 AM
Where are you in your transition? Made the final decision in June 2001, but figured it out more or less in late 1997. 'Medical' transition since Dec 2003. I'm 38 yrs old.

How long have you been on T? 6 years (crikey time flies)

How much T do you take on a bi weekly or monthly basis? Technically, I'm supposed to take it bi weekly. 1.25 ml/dose delatestdryl (enanthate 200mg/ml) so I guess that works out to be 450mg/mth. After initial low dose trials, my endo started me on 600mg/mth. I dropped 100 lbs between 2004/05 and begged her to drop it down. The next endo I see I may see what he suggests.... I'd like to go lower.

How does your body react to your shot intake? Can you tell I have a love/hate relationship with "T" ? I haven't had a body 'reaction' in years, although I noticed in 2007 swimming on "T" really helped develop shoulder muscles more than what was happening in 2004/5. I'll let you know how it's going as I get back into that daily habit. As for what it's done.... I've become a hairy bear, to the 'envy' of pals but I doubt they want the quantity of hair I got. I've recently discovered a single silver hair on my shoulder: signs that I'll be a 'silverback' one day (doesn't that sound a little gay? -- go gay hairy bears - just sayin') One thing is for sure: if you use it, you notice it. Exercising on T has its advantages, I can't deny that. The rest is all done. I don't count chest hairs, chin hairs and I've almost forgotten what I used to sound like.

Are you pre or post op top and or bottom? At this time, my obesity prevents me from going forward with surgical options, but I'm at peace with that.

Surgeries (top and hysto) when I'm ready will be done in British Columbia, hysto 100% covered and top partially covered by health plan since it's pretty obvious I'm well past the requisite 2 year RLE (real life experience) that the province requires for partial or full medical coverage.

-PapaC

Thinker
11-17-2009, 08:00 PM

It's funny... In response to the first question, I feel that "only 16 months" and "post-transition" are both very true responses.

It feels so early in, yet I feel very at peace and as if things have really leveled out.

I started talking myself *out* of transitioning about 3 or 4 years ago, and I started T 16 months ago. I inject 100 mg/ml each week.

The biggest physical reaction I detect post-injection is a headache anywhere from 24-48 hours after. It sucks. :(

My top surgery was done 2 years, 8 months ago by a plastic surgeon in Toronto; and my hysto was done by an amazing GYN here in Nevada just 6 months ago. I do have plans for some further bottom work, but that's another year or two down the road.

Sam
11-17-2009, 08:34 PM
Im happy for you, i remember so many odd years ago when you first moved to DC.

You look great and you look happy.

I started transitioning april of 2007, probably about the time things started to fall apart here, the baby was due in august, i figured after my hysto it was time for T, so i have been taking 1/2 cc every 2 weeks for 31 months. I will get re evaluated and get some blood work done in jan.

But i like where i am.

Thanks to everyone for responding so far

It's funny... In response to the first question, I feel that "only 16 months" and "post-transition" are both very true responses.

It feels so early in, yet I feel very at peace and as if things have really leveled out.

I started talking myself *out* of transitioning about 3 or 4 years ago, and I started T 16 months ago. I inject 100 mg/ml each week.

The biggest physical reaction I detect post-injection is a headache anywhere from 24-48 hours after. It sucks. :(

My top surgery was done 2 years, 8 months ago by a plastic surgeon in Toronto; and my hysto was done by an amazing GYN here in Nevada just 6 months ago. I do have plans for some further bottom work, but that's another year or two down the road.

theoddz
11-17-2009, 09:28 PM

I'm actually "post transition", if you want to call it that, though I continue to grow and develop in just about every aspect of my personal life. Transition is a process for me and not a "destination".

I've been on T for nearly 3 years now, and it's had a profound effect on me, both physically and emotionally. T has made me much calmer and focused, overall, and my body seems to really have adjusted to finally having what it should have always had. I'm much more patient and at peace with myself and it's helped that my family, friends and coworkers have really tried to be accepting, even if they don't totally understand it all. I guess I should say here that I did the legal name change in June of 2008, so all that is good, too.

I (self) inject 300mg., or 1.5cc's of Testosterone Cypionate every other week and I have my labs drawn every 6 months to make sure my T levels, along with my lipids and other blood levels, are in healthy ranges...and they are.

As far as surgeries, I am post op for both chest surgery, which I had this last May (Dr. P. James Voloshin of Newport Beach, CA, who was simply *excellent*!!), and I had a total hysto back in '93 for other non-related reasons. The past 6 months have been a process of getting all of my legal gender markers changed and being finally happy in my own skin. So, I would consider myself to be now fully and legally "post transition". ;)

Hope this helps.

~Theo~

Sam
11-17-2009, 10:05 PM
Thanks Theo

violaine
11-17-2009, 10:29 PM
[QUOTE=theoddz;7504]
T has made me much calmer and focused, overall, and my body seems to really have adjusted to finally having what it should have always had. I'm much more patient and at peace with myself
~Theo~

:moonstars: {{{theo}}} just wonderful for you.

belle

SelfMadeMan
11-24-2009, 08:28 PM

I get the post injection headaches too - it sucks!!

Thinker
12-01-2009, 07:44 PM
I get the post injection headaches too - it sucks!!

It recently occurred to us (the lady and me) that I have not gotten my "Tuesday headache" for the past 3 injections (past 3 weeks). We inject on Sunday mornings, and I had been getting a headache the Tuesday following like clockwork.

Perhaps I'm moving past them altogether???

Jet
01-26-2010, 12:32 PM
I'm subscribing to this thread because I begin the first step, which is therapy, this week. I have a doctor who will be administering my T.

A cool thing happened, my therapist lives out of state, but is licensed here in Georgia as well as another state. My therapy sessions will be done on Skype video, so I don't need to leave the house. And my insurance will cover my sessions.

Regarding therapy, there are some things I waiver on, I won't lie to you. I had a chance to talk to an FTM friend of mine who has gone as far as bottom surgery. His transition fell into place for him with little reprecussions, socially and vocationally.

My transition is less complicated because I don't require top surgery, and I'm grateful for that. But I am concerned about my family's reaction. I come from a large, traditional Catholic family. So, you can imagine. I've already had a fist fight with an uncle who hates my sexuality.

Anyway, on with it....

curlyredhead
01-30-2010, 12:53 PM
Where are you in your transition? I started to consider transitioning in 2002
How long have you been on T? I started hormones in Dec. 2004
How much T do you take on a bi weekly or monthly basis? I take a 1/2 cc every week it varies from 7-10 days depends on how I feel.
How does your body react to your shot intake? I sometimes get a warming sensation in my body but other then that, nothing out of the ordinary.
Are you pre or post op top and or bottom? I have had my chest surgery, and my hystorectomy. I hope to in the near future before I am 40 have my lower surgery.

Where and Who did your surgeries? My chest surgeon is the well known Dr. Peter Raphel in Plano, TX

The Oopster
03-14-2010, 01:28 PM
Okay so I was trying to figure out the best place to post this.

I may actually be in a situation to have my top surgery done soon.

I'm wondering what questions are imperative to ask.

I know that I really am interested in the recovery time and when i'll be able to do what but beyond that it's like I just want to give a dr the money and say go for it. I know I need to do more then that so ....

What do you wish you had asked the dr?
What are the top 5 questions you would ask?
What are any other things I should bring up?

Thinker
03-14-2010, 07:40 PM

I know that I really am interested in the recovery time and when i'll be able to do what but beyond that it's like I just want to give a dr the money and say go for it. I know I need to do more then that so ....

Congrats! I hope this happens for you!!

First off, make sure the surgeon knows exactly what you're looking for....*male* chest reconstruction. It's not just as simple as tissue removal. If the surgeon does quite a few "FTM top surgeries" then this shouldn't be an issue.

Get the logistics......the surgeon's timeline or way of doing things. Find out exact times, where you'll be, how long you'll be there, follow-up procedures, etc...

Get a recommendation from the surgeon for supplements you can/should take in advance and what you can do to prepare. For example, I loaded up on vitamin C so I wouldn't get sick.......took something to help minimize bruising........got good and hydrated in advance, etc... All those little things really help with how you'll feel post-op.

I think having two or three weeks (more is better) post-op where you can lie around and do little to nothing is a good plan. And I think another four or five weeks after that of low activity where you're not exerting your upper body in anyway is also a good idea. Planning ahead for that kind of time off for yourself is pretty critical.

Feel free to ask as many questions as you need. It's an exciting adventure, but you'll definitely need a little help along the way.

Good luck!

bigbutchmistie
03-14-2010, 08:00 PM
This is all new to me... Im still trying to make a decision to transition or not to transition fully. I know my mind is male. Everything about me is male. Except my body. I know that I wanna have top surgery. Is any of this normal?

Linus
03-14-2010, 08:08 PM
This is all new to me... Im still trying to make a decision to transition or not to transition fully. I know my mind is male. Everything about me is male. Except my body. I know that I wanna have top surgery. Is any of this normal?

Sure. Some FTMs don't do surgery, some do just top surgery and some do all.

As long as it fits with what you are comfortable, that's all that matters. And it can change later on in life as well.

bigbutchmistie
03-14-2010, 08:09 PM
Sure. Some FTMs don't do surgery, some do just top surgery and some do all.

As long as it fits with what you are comfortable, that's all that matters. And it can change later on in life as well.

Thank You :)

weatherboi
03-14-2010, 08:52 PM
hey Oopster-

you may want to discuss what your surgery options are. there are different methods being used depending on chest size, chest sag and also what kinda body fat is being held in area. this is when the you really gotta be clear on
what your sculptured expectation is.make sure they are writing down what you are saying and that you know everybody is clear on whats being performed. i have been given instructions by my therapist to talk to 3 different doctors. i will leave a link to one doctor i have had a consult with. the website has a bunch of before and afters. it also explains the different procedures he uses and compares them.

http://www.drgarramone.com/procedures-transgender2.html

here is another link that will get more detailed about the same options

http://ftmichael.transboys.info/topsurgeryinfo.html

The Oopster
03-14-2010, 10:02 PM
Congrats! I hope this happens for you!!

First off, make sure the surgeon knows exactly what you're looking for....*male* chest reconstruction. It's not just as simple as tissue removal. If the surgeon does quite a few "FTM top surgeries" then this shouldn't be an issue.

Get the logistics......the surgeon's timeline or way of doing things. Find out exact times, where you'll be, how long you'll be there, follow-up procedures, etc...

Get a recommendation from the surgeon for supplements you can/should take in advance and what you can do to prepare. For example, I loaded up on vitamin C so I wouldn't get sick.......took something to help minimize bruising........got good and hydrated in advance, etc... All those little things really help with how you'll feel post-op.

I think having two or three weeks (more is better) post-op where you can lie around and do little to nothing is a good plan. And I think another four or five weeks after that of low activity where you're not exerting your upper body in anyway is also a good idea. Planning ahead for that kind of time off for yourself is pretty critical.

Feel free to ask as many questions as you need. It's an exciting adventure, but you'll definitely need a little help along the way.

Good luck!

Thanks!

Recovery time is probably my biggest obstiscle in all of this. My job is fairly physical so besides saving for the surgery I need enough to cover not working for a month or two. However the nature of what i'm doing right now I believe I can do the surgery and still have work when I'm ready to return.

I eventually want to switch jobs however I feel that will push surgery possiblities back another year so if the finaicial stuff comes together in the next month or so if I can finacially swing it I want to do it before I look for a new job.

hey Oopster-

you may want to discuss what your surgery options are. there are different methods being used depending on chest size, chest sag and also what kinda body fat is being held in area. this is when the you really gotta be clear on
what your sculptured expectation is.make sure they are writing down what you are saying and that you know everybody is clear on whats being performed. i have been given instructions by my therapist to talk to 3 different doctors. i will leave a link to one doctor i have had a consult with. the website has a bunch of before and afters. it also explains the different procedures he uses and compares them.

http://www.drgarramone.com/procedures-transgender2.html

here is another link that will get more detailed about the same options

http://ftmichael.transboys.info/topsurgeryinfo.html

I'm suprisingly big in fact i think i'm bigger then any of the pics on the one sight, so I know the double incision is my route.

The one dr. I'm leaning towards has done other ftms and in fact did theo's work. Haven't set up a consult yet though. Do hope to check out a couple others also. The advantage to the one theo went to is proximatey and cost and i believe a free consultation. There are some more well known ones but I feel some of the cost is paying for the name of the surgeon.

i got some other stuff i need to focus on in the next week or so then hopefully i'll know if my finacial stuff is going to happen and I can start putting my energy towards surgery stuff.

Thanks for the link .... any other links people can give me is appreiciated. Unfortunately i don't have a lot of patience to sit at a computer and search for stuff.

Jaques
03-15-2010, 09:29 AM

Im 4 yrs on T (Nebido, which shot i have every l0 wks)and dont notice any affect on my body save the changes with voice, facial /bodyhair, thinner hair on my head, thicker muscles, all the usual stuff - my bp is hi but i think it was anyway
Im post op done privately in london

Jet
04-06-2010, 04:45 PM
Hi everyone,

Just checking in. I've posted in respective threads that I am recovering from severe PTSD and pretty much ridding myself of the side effects of severe trauma that I had surpressed for almost 17 years. That's a long time, and there have many times I thought it was over. But because it had been buries for so long, it has taken much longer and required much more than I thought. With each day that I feel better, I draw closer to feeling balanced.

I started therapy for transitioning some time ago and delayed it because of having to deal with this issue. I do plan on resuming therapy and beginning T as soon as possible this year and that's exciting to me.

Today I've had a nice reprieve from the intensity of PTSD and I was thinking about the changes in me on T. I can't wait! So I wanted to come in and touch base for a few minutes.

I've spoken with an FTM friend of mind in St. Louis who is fully transitioned including bottom surgery. I was thinking about facial hair and changes in my structure.

I don't require top surgery, having little breast tissue; I've always had a guy's chest and that's a relief to me. I do know that although I'll have a beard, I'll keep clean shaven.

Anyway, take care.

atomiczombie
04-14-2010, 04:20 PM
I need some support.

As many of you know, I suffer from PTSD and anxiety/panic disorder. I am fully clear and confident in my transmasculine/transgender male identity, mind you. I know who I am and who I am not.

That said, I am at a place in my life where it is now time to contact my doctor to start testosterone therapy and transition physically. Now that the moment of truth has arrived, it seems my anxiety has ratcheted up. I don't have doubts about who I am or whether this is really what I want, I swear! I am totally clear about who I am and have been for several years. I want to physically transition. I need to physically transition. I want to feel whole.

So why am I so anxious about making that call? I have no freakin' idea, and I wonder if any other guys have felt this way and how they have dealt with it. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Drew

Linus
04-14-2010, 04:49 PM
I'm gonna take a stab at this, Drew. I wonder if it's fear of a doctor saying "No, you're not!" and questioning your decision to take this path. Does it bother you when someone doesn't clue in that you're a guy?

Jet
04-14-2010, 04:50 PM
I need some support.

As many of you know, I suffer from PTSD and anxiety/panic disorder. I am fully clear and confident in my transmasculine/transgender male identity, mind you. I know who I am and who I am not.

That said, I am at a place in my life where it is now time to contact my doctor to start testosterone therapy and transition physically. Now that the moment of truth has arrived, it seems my anxiety has ratcheted up. I don't have doubts about who I am or whether this is really what I want, I swear! I am totally clear about who I am and have been for several years. I want to physically transition. I need to physically transition. I want to feel whole.

So why am I so anxious about making that call? I have no freakin' idea, and I wonder if any other guys have felt this way and how they have dealt with it. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Drew

This is not an easy choice to make for some...there are variables. Maybe you should touch base in the PTSD and recovery thread. They could give you input about why you're not at peace. One thing is certain...honesty about everything is everything.

I'm a trauma survivor. I had to put my T sessions on hold because of PTSD and reaching its core. I will start this year, but it's delayed because of this. I don't want the effects of T entwined with trauma issues. It could be distasterous. Honesty and more honesty.

The Oopster
04-14-2010, 06:14 PM
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1184

Hey I would appreciate any and all participation on the above thread!

Thanks

Thinker
04-14-2010, 09:51 PM
I need some support.

Thanks in advance,

Drew

Maybe this is "too simple", but it could be the fear of being judged.

That's what the anxiety was about for me.....plain and simple.

As for dealing with it... Having an ally beside you will certainly help.

It's scary shit, Drew, so I can honestly say that I feel ya.

Take a deep breath and make the call.....without apology. You can do it.

Good luck.

Dylan
04-14-2010, 10:50 PM
I need some support.

Thanks in advance,

Drew

I had a lot of your same feelings. I think my stuff was

A) I'm old and tired. I spent my whole life fighting for queer rights, and I'm kinda tired of fighting. I don't have to 'talk about' being queer all the time anymore, because our rights have progressed. I didn't know if I wanted to have to go back 25 years into that bullshit again with trans issues, and anyone thinking they can ask any old question and be a complete asshat

B) The questions of just doing something new and different. Wondering if I was going to have regrets. Am I gonna lose my hair. Blah blah blah all that stuff.

C) Will I ever have another job? I mean, it's not like people are knockin' the door down to hire transfolks

D) Do I want to deal with other people's stupidity

E) Am I gonna get killed if I'm walkin' down the street, because of another person's hatred and all that

I had a lot of anxiety for a couple of years, and then, I just couldn't take it anymore. I had to transition, and the more I put it off, the older I got...and I wasn't going to live my life at the expense of other people's comfort levels.

The Anxiety Will Pass (or at least it did for me),
Dylan

The Oopster
04-15-2010, 01:13 AM
I need some support.

Thanks in advance,

Drew

I toatlly get the anxiety.

I'm at the point that it looks like I'll finally get my top surgery. I've been really anxious about it lately.

For me it's cause its change. Not only the physical change but the emotional mental change in that here is something I've been wanting for so long that just the process of wanting it and not knowing if and when it's going to happen has become a part of me.

Now it's a reality and that's just different. It's a new phase and it leaves this void of where my energy has been put because I'll no longer be able to think when is this going to happen and about how much I don't like my body. I'm sure i'll find something to replace it but it's scary not knowing what that is.

Also is means moving into new horizons that I can't even imagine at this point and that's sort of scary.

Hope that helps some

atomiczombie
04-26-2010, 01:04 PM
hey guys, thanks for all the input, it really helps!

I did make that call, and saw my general practitioner. She referred me to an endo doc. I have an appointment on May 6th. I will need to bring a letter from my therapist, and that won't be a problem.

I think my freaking out did have a lot to do with that fear of being told no by my doctor. That didn't happen, so I am really excited about the next step now. I think any big change causes a spike in my anxiety because of the PTSD. The sign that I am healing from it is when it doesn't over-take me to the point where I am paralyzed and can't do anything. I moved through it this time and that is big progress for me. :)

Jet
04-26-2010, 01:22 PM
...... my anxiety because of the PTSD. The sign that I am healing from it is when it doesn't over-take me to the point where I am paralyzed and can't do anything. I moved through it this time and that is big progress for me. :)

:)....................

Dexter_1976
04-27-2010, 12:01 PM
Gday everyone,

Where are you in your transition? i began that for long time back possible 95 or 96 and didnt have time to see dr, so finally see dr 2006 after i met a friend of mine who is MTF i ask her where is FTM/MTF dr she gave me the addy because it private and done a long process for a year

How long have you been on T? since November 2007 (2 years and 5 months), omg i will never forget huge embarrassment first time after first shot oh god dont tell me lol

How much T do you take on a bi weekly or monthly basis? 250mg Enanthate every fortnite (every onces 14 days)

How does your body react to your shot intake? on depends if im relax had no problem, when im not relax sometimes it hurt on my leg feeling like sting from bees after i injection than next day it fine though make sure careful not to bumped it it freaken hurt when u bumped it, i am very happy as who i am now, as far i love myself too much some days but some days i feeling like grrrrr, it great experience as i feel it rewarding each day

Are you pre or post op top and or bottom? at the moment i am still trying to save $$$ to get top done i have not thought about bottom maybe future or will not.

Yes someone has mention about hairy body, deepen voice, yes it does i also have little hairy on my body and bit deep voice as well, my hair started thicken just like my dad (that doesnt worry me) i dont feel trap in me anymore it was like let it go and freedom i am more and more happier as who i am now, but one thing i feel sad or heart broken that some people who are not accept as who i am but i have few wonderful support from my friend that who understand what i was going though (before i was FTM) they were very interesting asking me alot questions about being FTM and what my experience etc, always listen my dr and every 6 month get blood test for the T level make sure everything is ok.

What i hate: when is it summer i get sweat easy from humidity, middle in the night i can get easy horny from dreaming.

Im going to change my name soon when i get enough $$$, but dont forget in aussie is very expensive at the moment all i can do is my best to get it done.

Sam
04-27-2010, 04:47 PM
Great stuff going on around here. i wish i had more time to spend with ya'll.

My surgery looks like it will be dec 15th. so im looking forward to it. i needed off season to heal well.

Im taking my own steps for healthier living. i am now at 165lbs, actually running the treadmill and blading every other day.

hard part is quitting smoking, but i will try cold turkey sept 1st. gives me enough time before surgery to get my blood flowing lol.

NikiNik
04-29-2010, 12:00 AM
hey guys, thanks for all the input, it really helps!

I did make that call, and saw my general practitioner. She referred me to an endo doc. I have an appointment on May 6th. I will need to bring a letter from my therapist, and that won't be a problem.

I think my freaking out did have a lot to do with that fear of being told no by my doctor. That didn't happen, so I am really excited about the next step now. I think any big change causes a spike in my anxiety because of the PTSD. The sign that I am healing from it is when it doesn't over-take me to the point where I am paralyzed and can't do anything. I moved through it this time and that is big progress for me. :)

I am so excited for you! You need to call your BFF!(best femme friend) I feel there is alot to catch up on! I miss you and love you very much!

Leigh
04-29-2010, 12:20 AM
Well, I got to see a doctor on April 16th that is going to help Me to begin to start My transition. I have a couple more appointment scheduled for the end of May, to get blood work done and to talk to him about My past medical history. By the 4th or 5th appointment, he will have Me on T injections so I am very happy about that. He is also going to help Me with all of My future paperwork for things like future surgeries (hysto and top) as well as changing My marker on My birth certificate and changing My name legally ~ a very exciting time for Me :D

Linus
04-29-2010, 04:40 AM
Well, I got to see a doctor on April 16th that is going to help Me to begin to start My transition. I have a couple more appointment scheduled for the end of May, to get blood work done and to talk to him about My past medical history. By the 4th or 5th appointment, he will have Me on T injections so I am very happy about that. He is also going to help Me with all of My future paperwork for things like future surgeries (hysto and top) as well as changing My marker on My birth certificate and changing My name legally ~ a very exciting time for Me :D

Congrats!!! You must be very excited about this. BTW, when you have the first shot, not a lot will happen afterward other than slight pain at the shot site ;)

Sam
04-29-2010, 07:19 AM

great news. good luck, you feel great after a few months.

Liam
04-29-2010, 07:38 AM

Congratulations, Braedon!

atomiczombie
05-07-2010, 02:48 PM
I started on Androgel today for the first time. Starting low at 2.5 g per day. In a month I check with my endo doc and see if she wants to take me up to 5g. This is it, the first day of the beginning of a new life, and I'm not scared at all. :)

Jet
05-07-2010, 03:01 PM
I started on Androgel today for the first time. Starting low at 2.5 g per day. In a month I check with my endo doc and see if she wants to take me up to 5g. This is it, the first day of the beginning of a new life, and I'm not scared at all. :)

um *puzzled* why would you be scared?

Leigh
05-07-2010, 03:39 PM
Congrats!!! You must be very excited about this. BTW, when you have the first shot, not a lot will happen afterward other than slight pain at the shot site ;)

Thanks bro, I'm very excited about finally being able to begin My transition :)

great news. good luck, you feel great after a few months.

Thanks Sam, I appreciate it :)

Congratulations, Braedon!

Thanks Liam :)

Thats fantastic news bud, I'm glad your finally on the right path in life :thumbsup:

Logicaly
05-09-2010, 12:22 AM

I had at one point considered the gel. I would be curious, if you don't mind sharing of course, what made you decide to go with the gel as opposed to another method?

I would also be curious to hear your experiences with it, since most people that document it, that I can find, are on shots rather then gel.

The Oopster
05-09-2010, 11:49 AM
I had at one point considered the gel. I would be curious, if you don't mind sharing of course, what made you decide to go with the gel as opposed to another method?

I would also be curious to hear your experiences with it, since most people that document it, that I can find, are on shots rather then gel.
I started with T cream, it was cheaper then the gel. I had health problems and it was a good way to see how my body would react to the T. It made me stronger. The draw backs were 1) it's more expensive 2) you do it every day 3) the effects are slower

The advantages were 1) the effects were slower. It gave me time physically and mentally to see how I would react and if T was the right thing for me. By the time we got the dosage up to as high as we could go on the cream I knew i wanted to do the shots.

I recommend if someone is hesitant to start here, or if there are reasons that you don't want to have a lower voice and be hairier over night. Ultimately since i still have female innards is the cream wasn't enough to stop my cycle and more then anything i wanted that gone.

HOpe that helps

Logicaly
05-09-2010, 12:31 PM
That does help a lot. My partner is very much against me getting the cream because we did some research and what we did find out is that its possible for her to absorb it into her body as well. Unfortunately there is no convincing her that I can make it safe for her.

The Oopster
05-09-2010, 06:35 PM
That does help a lot. My partner is very much against me getting the cream because we did some research and what we did find out is that its possible for her to absorb it into her body as well. Unfortunately there is no convincing her that I can make it safe for her.

I'm not saying it couldn't happen but I'm guessin that it's more of a wive's tale then anything else or that there are other factors like the partner already having a high level of T.

For me the effects were really slow and like I said some changes just weren't going to happen while on the cream ... gel works a lot like the cream in the fact they are both topical, so I would think someone would have to put it on and constantly rub against their partner just after applying for them to get major effects.

I applied it on the inner part of my upper arm below the pits and my inner thighs ... if I thought i was going to be giving a lot of people hugs and I was wearing a sleeveless shirt then I put on my inner thighs. I generally put it on at the beginning of the day and in general if I was going to be in a position to rub it off on another it wouldn't be til night when it's already been absorbed in my body. I also tend to have underwear on when i have sex so i would also then make sure to have boxer briefs on.

But again since the changes were so slow and I was applying it directly on myself on a daily basis it's hard to see how it would effect a partner unless like I said their were other factors already contributing to a high level of testosteron in that person.

atomiczombie
05-10-2010, 04:37 PM
I am on the gel because my doctor and psychiatrist felt that with my history of mood and panic disorders, I should avoid getting the shots. They don't want to have me hit the highs and lows of the cycle with the shots, basically. As far as topical transference to others, I just wash my hands throughly after I apply it to my upper arms. I then wait 30 min or so for it to completely dry and absorb into my skin, then I shower. Voila! No chance to transfer it to others. :)

Jet
05-26-2010, 10:49 AM
Okay....

Finally, I took my first shot of 100 cc yesterday in the thigh. My doctor explained a lot to me as far as what I can expect.

I won't do another shot until one week after next which will be 200. He prescribed my T and syringes etc for a 6 week supply administered every 2 weeks.

I'll be doing my own injections....although my straight friend, Mel said she would do them since she used to be a nurse. God lover her.
I have no idea what i'm going to tell my family.

The only other glitch that might arise is insurance. My doc carries my plan and he's submitting a claim that I hope the company will take. if they deny it, I'll be really pissed off.

Thinker
05-26-2010, 11:35 AM
I have no idea what i'm going to tell my family.

You tell them the truth. Expect the worst and hope for the best. That way you won't be disappointed, but you may be pleasantly surprised.

You're an adult, and it's time for you to live for *you*......to find your own happiness in this world.

I pray their minds and hearts will be open and that you will experience the best possible scenario.

little man
05-26-2010, 12:14 PM
The only other glitch that might arise is insurance. My doc carries my plan and he's submitting a claim that I hope the company will take. if they deny it, I'll be really pissed off.

if your insurance doesn't cover the costs for you, there should be a clinic in atlanta that deals with trans patients. i've been without insurance for a number of years and have been out of pocket on my expenses. i found clinics in richmond, DC, and st louis that all deal with transfolk. while it is more expensive for the T, you still have access to medical professionals who are (hopefully) more interested in helping than turning a buck. a more price effective alternative to "name brand" T is to find a local pharmacy that does in-house compounding. that cuts the cost by almost 2/3.

good luck!

Jet
05-26-2010, 12:39 PM
if your insurance doesn't cover the costs for you, there should be a clinic in atlanta that deals with trans patients. i've been without insurance for a number of years and have been out of pocket on my expenses. i found clinics in richmond, DC, and st louis that all deal with transfolk. while it is more expensive for the T, you still have access to medical professionals who are (hopefully) more interested in helping than turning a buck. a more price effective alternative to "name brand" T is to find a local pharmacy that does in-house compounding. that cuts the cost by almost 2/3.

good luck!

thanks wil
the doc says there shouldn't be a problem, but.....you never know.
he gave me prescriptions for the next six weeks, we'll see.

yanno, I felt so good yesterday..and then worrying kinds of shit started coming up...family...a job....etc...but between you and me and God...i'll tell ya...it feels...right.

little man
05-26-2010, 01:48 PM
thanks wil
the doc says there shouldn't be a problem, but.....you never know.
he gave me prescriptions for the next six weeks, we'll see.

yanno, I felt so good yesterday..and then worrying kinds of shit started coming up...family...a job....etc...but between you and me and God...i'll tell ya...it feels...right.

it won't take long before you realize you've actually settled into yourself. i can't begin to tell you how that feels. what used to be a really good day for me is now my day to day existence. i never suspected that one could feel this good on a daily basis. T has been a wonder drug for me.

just keep putting one foot in front of the other...most everything else will sort itself out. i was worried about family and work and all that shit, too. while i can't say my family actually understands, they do accept. neither of my brothers (both fairly religious christian guys) even batted an eyelash. the pronouns have been difficult for my parents, but mom got adjusted before she passed and dad seems to be trying. can't ask for much more. i think family gets more accepting as they see how much more comfortable we are within ourselves.

Jet
05-31-2010, 05:37 PM
How long was before you started seeing the effects of testosterone injected?

Linus
05-31-2010, 05:42 PM
Pretty quick, actually. I think the beard started in a couple of weeks and voice in a month or so. How long it takes varies from one person to another. So patience is needed, unfortunately. ;)

Jet
05-31-2010, 05:45 PM
Pretty quick, actually. I think the beard started in a couple of weeks and voice in a month or so. How long it takes varies from one person to another. So patience is needed, unfortunately. ;)

he told me it would be longer than that. but like you said, it varies.

The Oopster
05-31-2010, 06:02 PM

he told me it would be longer than that. but like you said, it varies.

Once i went to the shots my voice dropped probably within a week or so ... I know it was fairly quickly. facial and body hair actually is still a slow process. However my lower body is pretty hairy but I think that was helped out by applying to cream for a couple of years although it didn't really take off until I started the shots. Fortuntately I'm lazy and not thrilled with shaving all the time so am not disappointed with the facial hair although I would like sideburns ... am working on them again. Pretty much no chest hair eaither but I sort of like having a chest that looks like a teenager.

My pleasant surprise has been hand hair although it's not real noticeable.

I'm fortunate also that i don't seem to perspire like others. In fact a female friend of my mine was sweating terribly at a function last night and I just don't have that problem.

Dylan
05-31-2010, 06:13 PM
How long was before you started seeing the effects of testosterone injected?

My mental outlook changed immediately...like within minutes, but I think that had to do with so much hullaballoo around actually getting the T in the first place.

I saw changes of different sorts within the first two weeks. It took about a month before my voice changed...although, other people noticed a change sooner than that.

Hair started sprouting pretty quickly. Maybe a couple weeks or a month.

Hair line changed within about 4ish months, and I thinned out up there a little.

It's both faster and slower than I thought it would be when it comes to physical changes. The things I want seem awfully slow, and the things I don't really care about or didn't want are coming much sooner than expected.

But, like you said...it feels right, and I guess I just won't have a flowing, Fabio-hair (but I've never had Flowing Fabio-hair anyways, but I also wasn't hoping to look like Friar Tuck either).

I'm still wondering how long it takes for the T to make me six foot 2 though

Dylan

Jet
05-31-2010, 06:16 PM
My mental outlook changed immediately...like within minutes, but I think that had to do with so much hullaballoo around actually getting the T in the first place.

I saw changes of different sorts within the first two weeks. It took about a month before my voice changed...although, other people noticed a change sooner than that.

Hair started sprouting pretty quickly. Maybe a couple weeks or a month.

Hair line changed within about 4ish months, and I thinned out up there a little.

It's both faster and slower than I thought it would be when it comes to physical changes. The things I want seem awfully slow, and the things I don't really care about or didn't want are coming much sooner than expected.

But, like you said...it feels right, and I guess I just won't have a flowing, Fabio-hair (but I've never had Flowing Fabio-hair anyways, but I also wasn't hoping to look like Friar Tuck either).

I'm still wondering how long it takes for the T to make me six foot 2 though

Dylan

heh...I wish it would height hehe

Jet
06-01-2010, 04:15 PM
Good news
my insurance WILL cover my T

Linus
06-01-2010, 04:18 PM
Good news
my insurance WILL cover my T

Congrats! That's a regular expensive cost covered. :)

Jet
06-01-2010, 05:31 PM
Congrats! That's a regular expensive cost covered. :)

Thanks Its good to get that piano off my back.

theoddz
06-01-2010, 06:11 PM
Let's see.....it took about a good year, or better, for my voice to drop all the way. I can't sing anymore. :(

I must have hairy lineage because my beard started to fill in the first year and here at 3.5 years, my legs and arms are pretty hairy and I have a nice crop of chest and tummy hair. I'm lucky in the facial hair department, too, and have no problem growing a nice (trimmed) full beard. Right now, due to the heat and my work, I'm just keeping a close trimmed mustache and goatee, with earlobe-long sideburns, and everyone seems to think that looks very nice on me.

I'm also hot natured (my endocrine system doesn't work quite right) and I was raised in the deep (humid) Deep South, so I already had a bazillion sweat glands. Add T to that mix and....ya....well, I sweat by the buckets. I drip, especially from my head (hence my keeping a nice military style buzz cut) and my back. Oh, and Tabs tells me that I have back hair, too. :|

I guess I'm what you'd call a "Bear". :|

~Theo~ :bouquet:

atomiczombie
06-01-2010, 06:38 PM
I am a little bit past the 3 week mark on the gel. Only thing I have noticed is a little acne. But my endo doc started me on a low dose of the gel, and in a week or so after she gets the results of my up-coming blood test, if all looks right she will double what I am applying now. I'm pretty jealous of you guys on the shots and the fast changes you have experienced, but I keep saying to myself, no matter how long it takes, I am on the path and moving in the right direction.

Glad to hear your insurance will pay for your T, Jet. Mine does too, and I was pleasantly surprised.

Jet
06-01-2010, 07:33 PM
Nothing has happened yet.
When I get facial hair, I'll shave. (it's my style, I actually don't care about a beard and all.)
I start my second week at 200 cc this week.

Sam
06-01-2010, 08:08 PM
Where do ya'll take your shot usually?

The skin on my hips are getting pretty tough.

As i just injected, im curious.

Jet
06-01-2010, 08:11 PM
Where do ya'll take your shot usually?

The skin on my hips are getting pretty tough.

As i just injected, im curious.

Thigh.......after he injected the T my thigh was really sore the next couple of days then it subsided

Sam
06-01-2010, 08:24 PM
Thigh.......after he injected the T my thigh was really sore the next couple of days then it subsided

Into the muscle?

i have no issues with soreness in my hip area, my shot giver says that the area is getting tough.

The Oopster
06-01-2010, 08:25 PM
Take the front part of your upper thigh and split it in half.... i was taught to do it in the outer front half up close to where your underwear briefs would end. There are less veins up there and out there and I find it rarely hurts at all unless i hit a vein by chance. Otherwise i rarely have any soreness. If I do it down too far or in too far i tend to hit a vein or have soreness. I have no explanation to why but for some reason if I do get a lump it's on my left side ... no clue why on the left and not on the right. sometimes it itches too. But never on the right.

I use to give myself b-12 shots all the time further down always had soreness and problems with veins and when I was showed how to do T shots the dr said the trick was to do it in the area i described.

If i'm doing them every week i alternate sides. Now that i'm doing them every 10 days i'm just doing them on the right since that seems to be my easy side

Linus
06-01-2010, 08:28 PM
Ya. I second Oopster's comments. I think it could be related to preferential leg as well as fat distribution (you have more fat on the upper thigh).

Sam
06-01-2010, 08:32 PM
Take the front part of your upper thigh and split it in half.... i was taught to do it in the outer front half up close to where your underwear briefs would end. There are less veins up there and out there and I find it rarely hurts at all unless i hit a vein by chance. Otherwise i rarely have any soreness. If I do it down too far or in too far i tend to hit a vein or have soreness. I have no explanation to why but for some reason if I do get a lump it's on my left side ... no clue why on the left and not on the right. sometimes it itches too. But never on the right.

I use to give myself b-12 shots all the time further down always had soreness and problems with veins and when I was showed how to do T shots the dr said the trick was to do it in the area i described.

If i'm doing them every week i alternate sides. Now that i'm doing them every 10 days i'm just doing them on the right since that seems to be my easy side

Thanks i will try that next week. btw im glad surgery went well for you.

Jet
06-02-2010, 05:59 AM
here's what he told me last week:

Use the zig zag method on injections. (now I have to call him again; I forgot it) LOL
He injected it in my thigh. Hurtful little bastard.
He started me very slow (100cc) so it won't affect the heart.
Injection is the strongest available method
And injecting the T instead of using oral bypasses the liver.

He also said creams and orals won't deliver, they're too mild. (Hey, this is what he told me.)

I pick 200cc this weekend to administer every other week TFN

Libido will skyrocket
Moods will swing
These are temporary.
I could get acne and baldness if I'm predisposed.

He said, "are you ready for your first injection?"
I said, "hit me."

Jet
06-02-2010, 06:05 AM
Sidebar:

My family will shit. Especially the uncle that I duked it out with over being gay.

The Oopster
06-02-2010, 01:36 PM
If anyone every needs it I could send ya a copy of the letter I sent my family. It would have to be as a pdf file since my computer was stolen and i'm too lazy to retype the thing. But I could easily scan the copy I saved for myself.

My family was mixed. Brother disowned me, but didn't surprise me. Hardest part has been no contact with my nephews. The youngest just turned 18 but has one more year at home since he was held back. Once he graduates I'm going to send him and his brother a bried note with birthday/graduation/christmas money and let them make their own decisions. Won't go into anything deep within them just let them know that they get to make their own decision and if they ever want to talk about it I'm here and even if they chose not to have me in their life at this time the door is always open.

Parents are better then I thought. It's not a huge topic of discussion and they live 1000 miles away. However I haven't gone home. Sometimes I'd like to but I guess I just don''t want to put them in an uncomfortable situation.

Jet
06-03-2010, 07:11 PM
Correction of typo

I receive 1oo miligrams/1cc
lol
you guys prolly think the doc is crazy
2cc starting this week

Jet
06-03-2010, 07:14 PM
since i'm going to go thru puberty, do i get to have wet dreams? ha!

Dylan
06-03-2010, 07:58 PM
Correction of typo

lol
2cc starting this week

I was wondering how often you're supposed to do the 2cc

Dylan

betenoire
06-03-2010, 08:03 PM
Correction of typo

lol
2cc starting this week

I'm glad you corrected your typo. I was having a good chuckle to myself over the idea of you trying to inject a nearly a full CUP of liquid. Cuz, you know, 200cc = 200ml = nearly a cup. (240-ish ml in a cup)

Jet
06-03-2010, 08:51 PM
I was wondering how often you're supposed to do the 2cc

Dylan

starting this week and then every 2 weeks as i understand it.
He initially wrote my Rx for 6 weeks, but then my insurance co. covers rx for 30 days at a time
So he re-prescribed my Rx; when i go pick these up on Saturday, i'll see if he changed the dosage every 2 weeks
bear with, i'm new at this.

T D
06-04-2010, 08:08 PM
Where are you in your transition? Got my first injection today 100mg
How long have you been on T? 2 hours LOL
How much T do you take on a bi weekly or monthly basis? It's gonna be 100mg for a while
How does your body react to your shot intake? So far so good
Are you pre or post op top and or bottom? Pre-op. Was going to do top surgery first, but won't have funds until early next year.

Where and Who did your surgeries? Help others out. If you have questions, ask them here. I'm pretty sure I'll be using Brownstein in SF

I'm 58 years old and have been thinking about this day for over 20 years. My mom had a heart attack in March, and a quadruple bypass. My step dad of nearly 50 years died 25 days later of complications from a heart valve replacement... These two events left me wondering this.... "when is it MY time?" I decided then and there, IT'S NOW!

There ya have it.

added: I meant..... "when is it MY time to LIVE for ME". Just wanted to clarify that ;)

Jet
06-04-2010, 08:13 PM
Congrats TD!

How much T do you take on a bi weekly or monthly basis? It's gonna be 100mg for a while
Are you pre or post op top and or bottom? Pre-op. Was going to do top surgery first, but won't have funds until early next year.

Where and Who did your surgeries? Help others out. If you have questions, ask them here. I'm pretty sure I'll be using Brownstein in SF

I'm 58 years old and have been thinking about this day for over 20 years. My mom had a heart attack in March, and a quadruple bypass. My step dad of nearly 50 years died 25 days later of complications from a heart valve replacement... These two events left me wondering this.... "when is it MY time?" I decided then and there, IT'S NOW!

There ya have it.

Greyson
06-04-2010, 08:53 PM
Good Evening Guys. Today I turned yet another page. Today my gender marker was legally changed to male. I am now legally a male. On the inside I do not feel very different.

In an instant I knew that somehow I had walked through the "Looking Glass." I know that now I cannot be denied with legal sanction the many human rights that were systematically denied to me before I "transitioned." For me, I am still a butch/transman. The only thing that has changed is now the law must give me full and equall access to human rights. The right to marry who I choose. The right to love the woman I choose to love and be treated with the dignity that should be afforded to all.

My Queer identity has not changed. For me, I know the person I was born, the form that my body took was not and is not a mistake. In fact, my life has served to make me a strong, insightful, compassionate human being.

Because I have crossed that "perceived" gender line, I believe I have a greater responsibility than before to expose and erradicate sexism, patriarchy, and homo/trans phobia. I am not some saint, I am a human that realizes my life, my experience can be part of something bigger then my own immediate needs and navel gazing. I wish all of you, the very best in your journey.

Jet
06-04-2010, 09:43 PM
Congratulations Greyson. Great post—I wish you nothing but continued happiness.

J

atomiczombie
06-05-2010, 05:10 AM

There ya have it.

added: I meant..... "when is it MY time to LIVE for ME". Just wanted to clarify that ;)

Right on TD. Let us know how things are going for you. I recently started T as well, so now there's Jet, me and you starting about the same time. It kind of feels good to know I am not the only one. :)

Sam
06-05-2010, 11:43 AM
TD thats great news. keep your spirits up

Greyson, i cant wait til my letter comes in from the state of MD so i can change my DL, good luck to you!

theoddz
06-05-2010, 12:32 PM
I'm now awaiting my new, amended birth certificate from the State of Florida with my legal name and gender marker change.

It wasn't long ago that Florida was one of the states that absolutely would not change a gender marker and only a year ago it began amending a birth certificate for a legal name change with a court order from a NON Florida court.

Time changes all things, I guess, and this time it's for the better. :thumbsup:

Jet
06-05-2010, 04:02 PM
way to go Theo

I'm now awaiting my new, amended birth certificate from the State of Florida with my legal name and gender marker change.

It wasn't long ago that Florida was one of the states that absolutely would not change a gender marker and only a year ago it began amending a birth certificate for a legal name change with a court order from a NON Florida court.

Sam
06-05-2010, 07:17 PM

Im not sure NY will ammend my BC, but i will just be happy with my DL changed

theoddz
06-06-2010, 08:35 AM
Im not sure NY will ammend my BC, but i will just be happy with my DL changed

Hey Sam, take a look at this link. New York is one of the more "enlightened" states and they will change your BC to reflect both name changes and gender marker. Usually you can get your gender marker changed on your DL with just your surgeon's letter. Your state's DMV web site should have instructions on how to do that.

http://www.drbecky.com/birthcert.html

The BC becomes important when it comes to getting a passport and having all documentation in order to get legally married. I am a Federal employee, as well as a medically retired/Disabled Veteran who has military benefits that would make my legal wife eligible for Federal and military benefits like health care, a military ID card, death benefits, stipends, etc. It is important for me to have all the changes legally made, but it may not be so for someone else who isn't in a similar situation to mine.

Everything I saw on the web about Florida was kinda dated, so I called the FL Bureau of Vital Statistics' amendment section. They told me that, for $20, they would change both my legal name and my gender marker. I needed to have a copy of my driver's license/legal identification, my surgeon's letter and the original (with the court seal stamp imprint) court order for legal name change. There was an application to fill out, too. I wrote a cover letter telling them specifically what I wanted done and requesting that they send my original documentation (court order and surgeon's letter) back to me. For the $20, I get the changes specified and 2 certified BC's. I ordered 2 more certified BC's (one each for my parents) for $4 each. THEN, for $10 more, they would put a "Rush" on the order. The whole thing......$38.

I think most every state will require, along with an application, the original court stamped legal order for name change. You should get this when you file for a legal name change, after the judge approves it. If not, you need to ASK for it, especially if you're doing your filing and paperwork yourself. I had an attorney process my legal name change. I wanted to make sure that everything went right the first time and that I wouldn't get hassled. Really, it didn't cost that much...$600 for my attorney. As Mother has always said, "There are things you spend money on and things you do yourself." This was one thing I would decide to spend money on. :|

Speaking of Mother.....She used to have (probably still has) a collection of "shady" books from G-dknowswhere and one of them said "if you have no family or attachments to your name, and you need to get out of your bills really quick, go to Nevada, change your name and disappear." When I went through this and changed my name, the Nevada paperwork was FULL of places where you had to sign, over and over again, that you weren't doing this for the purpose of evading your bills!!! I still think that's funny. :cracked:

Good luck to you, Sam, and good luck to you other fellows who are doing this or anticipating doing it. Really, it is easier than you think.

CamBAMF
06-09-2010, 11:46 AM
How long have you been on T? I started October 2009

How much T do you take on a bi weekly or monthly basis? 5ml weekly inject of T (testosterone 200mg/ml & sesame seed oil 10ml)

How does your body react to your shot intake? First month I was horny as hell and had (and still have) an issue with pimples on my back and face. in Two months my period stopped and lost some weight. from the third month my voiced started to change (or so Im told- I couldn't exactly hear it my self) forth and fifth month I noticed a change in my muscles without changing my diet or working out at all. My shouldars had become broader, and somehow I was able to do a pull up (which Ive never been able to do in my life). about the fifth month the hair on my chest became darker and more noticable. About the sixth I started getting facial hair... As of right now I'm in my eighth month and have a semi beard it takes about a week to really grow in after I shave. My voice doesnt crack anymore (Thank god). and I'm starting to gain the weight I lost back- not cool!

Are you pre or post op top and or bottom? I'm pre op. I'm definatly planning to have my top done. I'm not so sure about the bottom.

Where and Who did your surgeries? no one

If you have questions, ask them here. I have some questions about surgery. Like about how much is it on average for either bottom or top? Is bottom surgery even worth it? I mean I heard the best results are about 3 inches with limited feeling. I'm not down for that. any thoughts?

Jet
06-09-2010, 01:27 PM
Walmart has fucked up the Rx sending me home with the wrong .gauge. This makes me..................:seeingstars:

theoddz
06-09-2010, 02:06 PM
Walmart has fucked up the Rx sending me home with the wrong .gauge. This makes me..................:seeingstars:

What did they send you home with, Jet??

I use two syringes when I inject....an 18 x 1.5 to draw the T up and an 22 x 1.0 to actually inject it intramuscularly. The reason for the 2 different needles is because when you puncture the rubber stopper on the vial of T, it dulls the needle, so you want to use another needle for the actual injection into your muscle. Also, using the larger 18 gauge needle to draw up the T is easier because of the viscosity/thickness of the T. The 18 gauge is too large of a needle to inject with.

Ask your doctor about this. You may need 2 different needles.

Good luck!!!

atomiczombie
06-09-2010, 02:16 PM
How long have you been on T? I started October 2009

How much T do you take on a bi weekly or monthly basis? 5ml weekly inject of T (testosterone 200mg/ml & sesame seed oil 10ml)

How does your body react to your shot intake? First month I was horny as hell and had (and still have) an issue with pimples on my back and face. in Two months my period stopped and lost some weight. from the third month my voiced started to change (or so Im told- I couldn't exactly hear it my self) forth and fifth month I noticed a change in my muscles without changing my diet or working out at all. My shouldars had become broader, and somehow I was able to do a pull up (which Ive never been able to do in my life). about the fifth month the hair on my chest became darker and more noticable. About the sixth I started getting facial hair... As of right now I'm in my eighth month and have a semi beard it takes about a week to really grow in after I shave. My voice doesnt crack anymore (Thank god). and I'm starting to gain the weight I lost back- not cool!

Are you pre or post op top and or bottom? I'm pre op. I'm definatly planning to have my top done. I'm not so sure about the bottom.

Where and Who did your surgeries? no one

If you have questions, ask them here. I have some questions about surgery. Like about how much is it on average for either bottom or top? Is bottom surgery even worth it? I mean I heard the best results are about 3 inches with limited feeling. I'm not down for that. any thoughts?

As to your question about top surgery, I can tell you that I had a surgical consultation with Dr. Michael Brownstein in San Francisco recently, and got a written estimate of $8,310.00 total. That includes all associated fees. I don't know what other doctors charge, but I have heard that there are other docs who charge less.

A couple years ago I attended an FTM support group in San Francisco where Jamison Green gave a presentation about Metoidioplasty. What I learned is that yes, you are really small, but it is the best chance of having the most sensation intact. What it involves is the release of internal tissues that keep your clit pulled into your body. Cutting these tissues allows your clit to protrude further out of your body. That, combined with T, creates a tiny penis-like organ. It does become stiff when you are stimulated, but you don't get the length or girth of a standard male penis. You can't pee out of it with just this operation. It is a further operation to extend the urethra. However, the nerves associated with sexual feeling aren't cut or interfered with, so your sexual feeling is not supposed to be lessened. That is what I learned. If I am wrong about any of that, then guys please correct me. Hope this helps. :)

Jet
06-09-2010, 02:17 PM
They sent me home with 25 guage instead of 22 that was called in by the doc

theoddz
06-09-2010, 02:35 PM

Holy moly!!!! :|

You can't use that......for either drawing up or injecting. Give 'em a call and get an exchange. :winky:

Jet
06-09-2010, 02:39 PM

You can't use that......for either drawing up or injecting. Give 'em a call and get an exchange. :winky:

Told ya they fucked up bad! I've already called them and the doc. They don't carry them in stock. The order won't be ready until after 6.

I'm pissed with this delay...trust me, a rolling boil...its about wanting this for a long time and then having to wait yet again. I didn't notice they were the wrong thing until i got home and read the box:readfineprint:

The Oopster
06-09-2010, 03:50 PM

It has been done! Not easy but I actually have accomplished using it to draw and give ..... I think it took like 10 minutes to get .3 ml in the syringe ......lots and lots and lots of patience .... but i'd take them back ... I just did it cause I had them on hand from b-12 shots and ran out of my others

The Oopster
06-09-2010, 03:54 PM
[FONT="Arial Black"]

My surgery was an even 9000 and i'm still working on insurance to pay the $400 tissue fee. Otherwise the 9k was inclusive of everything. I went to voloshin in Newport beach, had no tubes and shouldn't need any revisions. The cost did include lyposuction on the sides to help limit dog ears. If you have lypo that will drive the cost up. Some quotes may or may not include it. I think it was worth it because everything turned out great, have no clue what things would have been like if I hadn't.

Jet
06-09-2010, 07:42 PM
I'm seeing the doc for my injection tomorrow while we wait until the syringes
come in. Things are is getting straightened out.

Sam
06-09-2010, 08:36 PM
I'm seeing the doc for my injection tomorrow while we wait until the syringes
come in. Things are is getting straightened out.

glad to hear it, keep the faith brother, things always work out in the end.

on another note i gave myself a shot in my thigh on monday, it bled LOL, and was tough getting into the skin, but i just pushed it in. worked well. try the right thigh next week.

i got myself a private nurse that will help if need be lol, life is good

theoddz
06-09-2010, 10:03 PM
glad to hear it, keep the faith brother, things always work out in the end.

on another note i gave myself a shot in my thigh on monday, it bled LOL, and was tough getting into the skin, but i just pushed it in. worked well. try the right thigh next week.

i got myself a private nurse that will help if need be lol, life is good

When I inject, I plunge the needle in in a similar manner as when one throws a dart. It's like a quick stab, so it goes in easily. I aspirate (draw the plunger back) just a little to make sure I'm not in a vein (you shouldn't draw back blood) before I proceed to inject the T.

Get a nurse or your physician's office to show you how to do this. While you're at it, ask them to show you the "zig zag" method of injecting. It's much better and less painful, IMO.

Jet
06-09-2010, 10:26 PM
A nurse friend of mine told me to put ice on the area until its numb, swab it will alcohol and then inject. Pretty helpful.

Packin'Boi
06-09-2010, 10:29 PM
A nurse friend of mine told me to put ice on the area until its numb, swab it will alcohol and then inject. Pretty helpful.

That's what I do too. I inject in my thighs.. works great for me!

Jet
06-09-2010, 10:33 PM
I'm interested in how it will redistribute weight. I was told it would,

The Oopster
06-10-2010, 01:57 AM
When I inject, I plunge the needle in in a similar manner as when one throws a dart. It's like a quick stab, so it goes in easily. I aspirate (draw the plunger back) just a little to make sure I'm not in a vein (you shouldn't draw back blood) before I proceed to inject the T.

Get a nurse or your physician's office to show you how to do this. While you're at it, ask them to show you the "zig zag" method of injecting. It's much better and less painful, IMO.

You know i do the same method and I have never drawn blood out but have had an occasional gusher when I take the needle out. Usually I can tell when I've gotten something but sometimes I'll have no pain, pull the thing out and there she blows!

The Oopster
06-10-2010, 01:59 AM

My arms bulked up quite a bit without even doing anything extra .... i mean there atleast twice as big as they were. Granted they were like twigs and needed some meat on them. I've never been hippy and have always tended to have a pouch or extra inner tube in my belly area, this really hasn't changed .... it just is more inflated at times.

Rufusboi
06-10-2010, 07:44 AM
The state Dept has a new umbrella policy that makes changing the gender marker on a passport fairly straightforward. Here's a link to the state Dept. site and the press release.

http://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/ps/2010/06/142922.htm

Rufus

theoddz
06-10-2010, 08:50 AM

Heh....Jet, women tend to carry body fat in the hip and thigh areas.....estrogen does that. How much estrogen you have circulating in your body determines how "curvy" you are that way. Men, on the other hand, are not curvy because T (and the lack of high levels of E) causes body fat in males to distribute around the waist and shoulder areas.

When T started affecting me, my hips became notably narrower, my legs skinnier and my pants all became baggier in the legs and ass.....while my waistline got tighter. :|

Let us know how it goes with you, eh?? :)

Jet
06-10-2010, 12:23 PM
okay...went up to 2cc today and will inject that amount every other week tfn.

Dylan
06-10-2010, 02:05 PM
Jet,

Is your doc an endo? Is your doc someone who deals regularly with trans people?

I ask, because (and I'm just being honest), that dosage seems incredibly high (and there was something else that made me wonder, but I don't remember what it was right now).

Dylan

Jet
06-10-2010, 02:08 PM
Jet,

Is your doc an endo? Is your doc someone who deals regularly with trans people?

I ask, because (and I'm just being honest), that dosage seems incredibly high (and there was something else that made me wonder, but I don't remember what it was right now).

Dylan

No he is not an endo. His practice is geared for all persons in the LGBT community. Remember, I don't need chest surgery and all of that

Dylan
06-10-2010, 02:15 PM
No he is not an endo. His practice is geared for all persons in the LGBT community. Remember, I don't need chest surgery and all of that

I swear I'm not trying to be funny...but does he deal with a lot of trans people? LGB issues are not at all the same as trans issues.

And chest surgery wouldn't really have anything to do with it.

And again, I'm no doctor or anything, but I've never heard of anyone having a dosage that high. If the dosage is too high, it's just going to revert to estrogen.

If by 'all of that', you mean you don't need a hysto...I assume you're not producing estrogen anymore (am I correct in that assumption?)...which means you're not combatting estrogen...which would mean your dosage would actually be lower than, say, a 20 year old's (or anyone combatting estrogen).

Again, I'm not trying to be difficult, I'm just wondering why your dosage is so high.

Dylan

Jet
06-10-2010, 02:22 PM
I swear I'm not trying to be funny...but does he deal with a lot of trans people? LGB issues are not at all the same as trans issues.

And chest surgery wouldn't really have anything to do with it.

And again, I'm no doctor or anything, but I've never heard of anyone having a dosage that high. If the dosage is too high, it's just going to revert to estrogen.

If by 'all of that', you mean you don't need a hysto...I assume you're not producing estrogen anymore (am I correct in that assumption?)...which means you're not combatting estrogen...which would mean your dosage would actually be lower than, say, a 20 year old's (or anyone combatting estrogen).

Again, I'm not trying to be difficult, I'm just wondering why your dosage is so high.

Dylan

Dylan, he deals with gays and transpeople. I don't have an answer for you other than I'm fortunate to have met him and have him as my doc. Ill ask him when I see him. I'm just glad the show's on the road. And all of that means "all of that."

It seems everything changed for me when I turned 50. i looked different, no monthly cycles. it was like my whole person changed, I should post pics in here to show you...it blew my friends' minds back home. lol

Actually I held a gun to his head and said, 2cc's now or I'll blow your head clean off with this here .44 magnum the most powerful had gun in the world.

Dylan
06-10-2010, 02:51 PM
I don't get the humor of the last sentence, Jet (I'm assuming it was humor)

'Cuz even if you did literally request a ridiculously high dosage, you'd only be hurting yourself, as you won't see any results at all...you might even get your period back...as all of that extra estrogen would/could set your ovaries into overdrive

I'm sorry, I'm not getting the humor.

And just to avoid any confusion (because sometimes I get confused by the metric system)...so when you fill your syringe, you actually pull out T until you hit the 2 on the syringe?

'Cuz if you're talking a 200 milligram dosage every 2 weeks, that would make more sense to me than 2 cc, and I could see where the misunderstanding (on my part) occurred.

Dylan

Jet
06-10-2010, 03:29 PM
I don't get the humor of the last sentence, Jet (I'm assuming it was humor)

'Cuz even if you did literally request a ridiculously high dosage, you'd only be hurting yourself, as you won't see any results at all...you might even get your period back...as all of that extra estrogen would/could set your ovaries into overdrive

I'm sorry, I'm not getting the humor.

And just to avoid any confusion (because sometimes I get confused by the metric system)...so when you fill your syringe, you actually pull out T until you hit the 2 on the syringe?

'Cuz if you're talking a 200 milligram dosage every 2 weeks, that would make more sense to me than 2 cc, and I could see where the misunderstanding (on my part) occurred.

Dylan
'its mistyped on my part, its 2ml as opposed 1ml which is what he gave me first. I'm supposed to take 2ml every 2 weeks. it surprised me that we jumped to that this week.

Jet
06-10-2010, 03:33 PM
There are no noticable changes and he said they it would be gradual.

Leigh
06-10-2010, 04:32 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm wanting to reconnect with this thread, and other guys, to learn more about what you've all experienced with various things about your transitions (T injections, surgery etc). I had begun seeing a doctor before I had surgery 3 weeks ago (gallbladder), about beginning to transition and now that I'm on My way to a full recovery I will be calling him again to set up a new appointment so that I can get the ball rolling :)

Liam
06-10-2010, 05:15 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm wanting to reconnect with this thread, and other guys, to learn more about what you've all experienced with various things about your transitions (T injections, surgery etc). I had begun seeing a doctor before I had surgery 3 weeks ago (gallbladder), about beginning to transition and now that I'm on My way to a full recovery I will be calling him again to set up a new appointment so that I can get the ball rolling :)

Hey Braedon, just in case you missed this, you might be interested:

Next support meeting will be this Saturday June 12th at 10pm EDT and the one after will Monday June 14th at 9pm EDT. I'm off next week so I should be less brain drained.

Leigh
06-10-2010, 05:38 PM
Hey Braedon, just in case you missed this, you might be interested:

I had no idea about this, thanks for letting Me know Liam :)

theoddz
06-10-2010, 05:41 PM
This is a good online pamphlet about T therapy for FtMs. It may answer some questions some of the guys here might have about T and what to reasonably expect from it.

Linky (http://transhealth.vch.ca/resources/library/tcpdocs/consumer/hormones-FTM.pdf)

Dylan
06-10-2010, 05:43 PM
I wonder if now (because it's easier to get a passport), it will be easier to get your social changed over too

That Would Be Nice,
Dylan...can't wait to get a passport

Logicaly
06-10-2010, 08:52 PM
Thanks for the link to that pamphlet. Its worth reading and has some good information in it!

This is a good online pamphlet about T therapy for FtMs. It may answer some questions some of the guys here might have about T and what to reasonably expect from it.

Linky (http://transhealth.vch.ca/resources/library/tcpdocs/consumer/hormones-FTM.pdf)

Sam
06-11-2010, 09:48 AM
I wonder if now (because it's easier to get a passport), it will be easier to get your social changed over too

That Would Be Nice,
Dylan...can't wait to get a passport

This had me thinking. here in the state of md to get the F changed to M on the DL all you need is 3 letters, therapist, t doc and my own. the DMV ok's it and sends you back your paperwork,

when i asked about getting my birth certificate ammeded, they said that really didnt matter.

Im orig from NYS and i will try after i change my DL to get them to reissue me a new birth certificate.

Anyone else get it changed from f to m?

Dylan wants a passport, are you leaving the US? or for ID purposes?

Dylan
06-11-2010, 01:15 PM
This had me thinking. here in the state of md to get the F changed to M on the DL all you need is 3 letters, therapist, t doc and my own. the DMV ok's it and sends you back your paperwork,

when i asked about getting my birth certificate ammeded, they said that really didnt matter.

Im orig from NYS and i will try after i change my DL to get them to reissue me a new birth certificate.

Anyone else get it changed from f to m?

Dylan wants a passport, are you leaving the US? or for ID purposes?

Here in TX, in order to get your DL changed, it's really up to the judge. It's actually easier to get your b.c. changed in TX (I don't have a TX birth certificate).

The DL is completely up to the judge before whom you appear.

So far, I've been screamed at by the judge in front of the courtroom. I've been there twice. Both times, she requested something different.

I was born in Illinois. They are in the process of changing what they want. As of right now, they want bottom surgery. I'm not having bottom surgery unless something amazing happens in that arena...and I win the lottery.

With a social and a passport, I can at least get a job without sending off any red flags.

Because here's the thing. I NEED to use my social security number to get a job right? So, let's say, I have a DL that says male, and the company accepts that I'm male (and why wouldn't they?). Here's what's going to happen. They're going to send my info to SSA as male, right? But what's going to happen is the SSA is going to flag me as female, because my SS hasn't been changed yet. SSA is going to send a flag letter to the company, and I'm going to be asked some questions by Human Resources (or whomever's in charge). I'm going to be outed (and probably fired).

So, it's really not all that impressive if only my license is changed. I mean, it's nice for most things...but it's also really 'harmful' if I'm trying to get a job.

Now, I want my passport, because I won't be able to get my license changed for a while (knowing this particular judge, it probably won't be until I've had surgery and I have a full beard growing to my feet).

But if I have my passport, I'm thinking I can use that for SSA. They're more likely to take a passport than they are to take a DL.

Dylan

Sam
06-11-2010, 06:29 PM
Here in TX, in order to get your DL changed, it's really up to the judge. It's actually easier to get your b.c. changed in TX (I don't have a TX birth certificate).

So far, I've been screamed at by the judge in front of the courtroom. I've been there twice. Both times, she requested something different.

I was born in Illinois. They are in the process of changing what they want. As of right now, they want bottom surgery. I'm not having bottom surgery unless something amazing happens in that arena...and I win the lottery.

With a social and a passport, I can at least get a job without sending off any red flags.

Because here's the thing. I NEED to use my social security number to get a job right? So, let's say, I have a DL that says male, and the company accepts that I'm male (and why wouldn't they?). Here's what's going to happen. They're going to send my info to SSA as male, right? But what's going to happen is the SSA is going to flag me as female, because my SS hasn't been changed yet. SSA is going to send a flag letter to the company, and I'm going to be asked some questions by Human Resources (or whomever's in charge). I'm going to be outed (and probably fired).

So, it's really not all that impressive if only my license is changed. I mean, it's nice for most things...but it's also really 'harmful' if I'm trying to get a job.

Now, I want my passport, because I won't be able to get my license changed for a while (knowing this particular judge, it probably won't be until I've had surgery and I have a full beard growing to my feet).

But if I have my passport, I'm thinking I can use that for SSA. They're more likely to take a passport than they are to take a DL.

Dylan

Wow Dylan im sorry you are having so many issues. i didnt want to legally change my name til the DMV sends my paperwork back. i just figured it will be easier. i think after i get my stuff in order with my DL, i will get my SS number changed.

Passport is a good idea.

have a great one man

Dylan
06-11-2010, 06:33 PM
Wow Dylan im sorry you are having so many issues. i didnt want to legally change my name til the DMV sends my paperwork back. i just figured it will be easier. i think after i get my stuff in order with my DL, i will get my SS number changed.

Passport is a good idea.

have a great one man

I don't think it's all that many issues. I mean, I don't think they're any different than anyone else's issues when it comes to employment and SSA/DL/BC/documentation.

I know some states are easier about their DLs and that's a nice thing. But a DL alone isn't really going to help anyone in the employment arena.

It would be awesome if one (good) system were implemented everywhere.

Dylan

Sam
06-11-2010, 06:37 PM
I don't think it's all that many issues. I mean, I don't think they're any different than anyone else's issues when it comes to employment and SSA/DL/BC/documentation.

I know some states are easier about their DLs and that's a nice thing. But a DL alone isn't really going to help anyone in the employment arena.

It would be awesome if one (good) system were implemented everywhere.

Dylan

You would think by now, it would be.

I got stopped for speeding last month and the cop came back with m y ticket just looking at me funny.

hands me back my DL and says you really should get your picture updated. WE both just laughed.

well i hope things getter for everyone across the board.

Jet
06-21-2010, 02:38 PM
There's an old song by James Brown called "That About Dood It"

Gave myself my first injection (took a stab at it, no pun intended) and it made it stick (no pun intended). And that about dood it.

I'm right proud of myself today.

atomiczombie
06-22-2010, 04:37 AM

Dylan

That's bullshit that they want you to get bottom surgery. Bullshit! I can't believe how idiotic they are being, requiring that. I hope you can find a way around that Dylan. That is so unbelievably ridiculous.

Jet
06-22-2010, 04:43 PM
I did talk to the doc today about injecting 1/2 cc every week.

He said that was fine, so thanks for your input guys.

little man
06-22-2010, 08:49 PM

Dylan

hey dylan

i was born in IL, also. to get my name changed on the bc, all i needed was the court order that made the change legal. unless something has changed recently, all that's required to get the gender marker changed is top surgery. i know it's different in other states, but the information i have is that top surgery is all that's required for IL.

so far as the DL goes, i got a new one when i changed my name. i waited a few days, then took it back in and pointed out that it said F and not M. they were more than happy to "fix" that for me. a little chutzpah goes a long way. and i'm sure you've got more than enough. :)

little man
06-22-2010, 08:50 PM
I did talk to the doc today about injecting 1/2 cc every week.

He said that was fine, so thanks for your input guys.

good deal. i think you'll find that things stay smoother for you this way...none of that rollercoaster shit.

glad to hear things are going well.

Dylan
06-22-2010, 10:23 PM
hey dylan

i was born in IL, also. to get my name changed on the bc, all i needed was the court order that made the change legal. unless something has changed recently, all that's required to get the gender marker changed is top surgery. i know it's different in other states, but the information i have is that top surgery is all that's required for IL.

so far as the DL goes, i got a new one when i changed my name. i waited a few days, then took it back in and pointed out that it said F and not M. they were more than happy to "fix" that for me. a little chutzpah goes a long way. and i'm sure you've got more than enough. :)

Yeah, IL used to be a top surgery state. They're in the process of changing things. According to a friend who's also born in IL and has been in the process of changing his birth certificate over the last four months, IL recently changed their policy with gender markers. He sent in his top surgery letter, and they came back with the statute and said he needs bottom surgery. Apparently, the law changed very recently. I was going to make a call (one day when I have time to sit on hold for a while).

Name change will be easy.

I've thought about doing the same thing with my DL, but Texas is funny. They keep all of your information in their computer, so when I go into DPS (which I have to a lot), all of my old info (name, etc) is still in there. The second to last time I was in there, they informed me that "someone else was using your social security number" (meaning, they couldn't understand why a person with a girl's name had my same social...meaning me and my birth name). It took them a minute to figure it out. So, I'm going to have to find some podunk DPS to go to...but what I'm afraid of is even in Podunk, it still comes through Austin.

But none of it has really even been an issue yet, so I figure I'll just wait until I need everything. It'll happen when it's the right time.

I Wonder If We Were Born Near Each Other,
Dylan...outside Chicago

P.S. here's a link (http://www.aclu.org/lgbt-rights/reversing-two-restrictive-policies-illinois-issues-accurate-birth-certificates-three-tra) that really talks about IL's other policy, but it makes mention (sort of/tactfully) of the lower surgery requirement

little man
06-23-2010, 09:21 AM
I Wonder If We Were Born Near Each Other,
Dylan...outside Chicago

P.S. here's a link (http://www.aclu.org/lgbt-rights/reversing-two-restrictive-policies-illinois-issues-accurate-birth-certificates-three-tra) that really talks about IL's other policy, but it makes mention (sort of/tactfully) of the lower surgery requirement

i was born in jerseyville....sw IL. only about 300 miles.

thanks for the linkage. nice to know it'll take, what...another 75K on top of 10K for top surgery, just to get a fuckin' birth certificate? lovely. somehow, i don't think i'll live long enough or make enough cash for that kinda action.

Thinker
06-23-2010, 09:34 AM
You know, I'm not even gonna worry about my birth certificate until I have to; I haven't even bothered to send in the name change for it. I was born in Texas and have no clue what kind of hoops I'll have to jump through to get the sex marker changed. So fuck it.....for now, anyway...

Just the other day I dropped off everything to get my current passport changed....sex marker included. I used the affidavit my GYN wrote when I went to get my license changed; it was a kick-ass document!! Thanks to Theo for sharing his template with me!

Anyway... My hope is that I will always be able to use my passport and not even have to worry about producing my birth certificate for anything from here on out. When we got married, all they required was my license.

I'm just not going to worry about it until I absolutely *have* to.

On a side note, the state of Nevada just recently adopted the form linked below for getting a gender marker change on your license. It makes the process simple and standard, and removes the "judgement call" onus from the DMV admin. Progress!

http://www.dmvnv.com/pdfforms/dld136.pdf

Dylan
06-23-2010, 09:34 AM
i was born in jerseyville....sw IL. only about 300 miles.

thanks for the linkage. nice to know it'll take, what...another 75K on top of 10K for top surgery, just to get a fuckin' birth certificate? lovely. somehow, i don't think i'll live long enough or make enough cash for that kinda action.

Right????

The ACLU is on it though, so maybe it won't take too long.

IL changed their rules fairly recently. The law says, "Full reassignment surgery"...which is where the hang up is, because some people say 'full SRS' means top, bottom, and full hysto, and other people say something different. But hopefully states will soon follow the fed's example (passports). That would be nice.

Dylan...guess we're not neighbors

Dylan
06-23-2010, 09:38 AM
You know, I'm not even gonna worry about my birth certificate until I have to; I haven't even bothered to send in the name change for it. I was born in Texas and have no clue what kind of hoops I'll have to jump through to get the sex marker changed. So fuck it.....for now, anyway...

Just the other day I dropped off everything to get my current passport changed....sex marker included. I used the affidavit my GYN wrote when I went to get my license changed; it was a kick-ass document!! Thanks to Theo for sharing his template with me!

Anyway... My hope is that I will always be able to use my passport and not even have to worry about producing my birth certificate for anything from here on out. When we got married, all they required was my license.

I'm just not going to worry about it until I absolutely *have* to.

On a side note, the state of Nevada just recently adopted the form linked below for getting a gender marker change on your license. It makes the process simple and standard, and removes the "judgement call" onus from the DMV admin. Progress!

http://www.dmvnv.com/pdfforms/dld136.pdf

Texas birth certificates are actually very easy. Just a surgeon's or doctor's letter stating 'irreversible measures' (whatever that means). Top surgeon's letter will suffice though, for sure.

I Find It Ironic That Texas Is So Simple Compared To The 'Liberal' Yankee State Of Illinois,
Dylan

Thinker
06-23-2010, 09:42 AM
Texas birth certificates are actually very easy. Just a surgeon's or doctor's letter stating 'irreversible measures' (whatever that means). Top surgeon's letter will suffice though, for sure.

I Find It Ironic That Texas Is So Simple Compared To The 'Liberal' Yankee State Of Illinois,
Dylan

No shit??? I thought people were having to hire lawyers and stand on their heads and all that jazz.

Nice.

Dylan
06-23-2010, 10:03 AM
No shit??? I thought people were having to hire lawyers and stand on their heads and all that jazz.

Nice.

It's actually easier to have your bc changed in TX than it is to have your driver's license, because the rules are laid out in an actual statute whereas DL is completely up to a judge's discretion. Name changes can also be difficult here for same reason (judge's discretion).

Crazy,
Dylan

People have hired attorneys just for DL. The attorney fees are $800 for name and gender change. There was a bill brought up to the Texas house a few years ago that would have allowed transfolks to get both at same time, but it didn't pass.

Greyson
06-23-2010, 01:53 PM
This post is a bit "tongue in cheek." Looks like the taxes may be a bit lower in Tejas but they are going to get into your wallet and personal choices just using other strategies.

I have oftened wondered why a queer would live voluntarily in Texas. I suspect if it is your home, it is your home and you have attachments there. But as a Queer Tourist, hmmmmmmm, except for Austin, "No."

T D
06-24-2010, 08:18 PM
Ok, I've had two injections now and what happened was within a week of the first one I gained 3-5lbs. The side effects say that there can be water retention, but after going through hell to lose 95lbs, I'm not very happy with gaining even one ounce of it back.

Has anyone else had this happen?? If so did it mellow out after time?

Thanks.

Jet
06-24-2010, 08:21 PM
Ok, I've had two injections now and what happened was within a week of the first one I gained 3-5lbs. The side effects say that there can be water retention, but after going through hell to lose 95lbs, I'm not very happy with gaining even one ounce of it back.

Thanks.

I'm on my 3rd injection and I'm experiencing water retention as well. He said to drinks lots of water, cranberry juice. Plus I have an exercise program that I'm sticking to no matter what. I feel like shit, so you're not alone TD.

T D
06-24-2010, 08:24 PM
I'm on my 3rd injection and I'm experiencing water retention as well. He said to drinks lots of water, cranberry juice. Plus I have an exercise program that I'm sticking to no matter what. I feel like shit, so you're not alone TD.

Somehow this just doesn't make me feel better, Jet. LOL

Hang in there!

Jet
06-24-2010, 08:26 PM
Somehow this just doesn't make me feel better, Jet. LOL

Hang in there!

It'll level out, it's just disheartening—so we'll need patience.

Sam
06-24-2010, 08:43 PM

Thanks.

Hey TD

You will gain a bit until you level out, but the weight will start to shift around and you will lose.

I hear most often that dr's will put transguys on high blood pressure meds, that will get rid of the water retention.

Hang in there, both of you (Jet).

Ya'll just started this leg of your journey.

I'm 3 years in and im still experiencing new things.

Keep us updated.

Sam

Dylan
06-24-2010, 08:46 PM

Thanks.

Yeah, you're going to retain a bit of water for a while. But after a few months it'll drop off. Be sure to drink wayyyy more water than you usually do. You may also get headaches. The water retention is your body doing what it's supposed to do. Again, drinking more water will help a lot.

It's Normal...Men Use Water Differently Than Women,
Dylan

The whys are too much for me to type from my phone, but it has to do with blood pressure and blood viscosity and such, and it's completely normal. Just drink lots of water.

Jet
06-24-2010, 08:59 PM
and jus' to be sayin' tonight, I don't care about legal documents ie. passports, DL, birth certificates etc.

I'm just not concerned about that stuff. When the time comes, I'll consult with an attorney.

I'm more concerned about getting disowned/disinherited again which is coming down the pike, more than likely.

atomiczombie
06-25-2010, 03:44 AM
and jus' to be sayin' tonight, I don't care about legal documents ie. passports, DL, birth certificates etc.

I'm just not concerned about that stuff. When the time comes, I'll consult with an attorney.

I'm more concerned about getting disowned/disinherited again which is coming down the pike, more than likely.

No matter what happens Parker, you will always have your family here.

Greyson
06-25-2010, 07:46 AM
TD and Jet,
Hang in there guys. All of the "stuff" will fall into place. I am in the same age group as you two guys and started to take T two years ago. Initially I gained a little weight and in the second year I started to lose a little weight and where I carry the weight is changing. The stomach seems to hang onto the fat, my shoulders are filling out and my backside is getting smaller.

I applaud both of you for doing what is right for you. Many think "I'm to old." To that, I say "Baloney." One's life is never something to put on hold. (I wish I realized this sooner but oh well.) Have a good weekend.

Stearns
06-26-2010, 11:48 AM
Some past, some present:

1. Hey there, belly.

2. Scratch, scratch, itchy scalp - hair follicles under attack. Rescue courtesy of finasteride.

3. Yes, it is ALL you can think of.

4. Trouble swallowing, can't yell. Family glad of latter.

5. Yes, I CAN carry all of the luggage. (saves on trips to the car, at least)

6. So THAT's what back acne looks like.

7. Good god, extra hair THERE???? It gets caught. It pulls. nevermind

8. You call THIS a moustache? Um, ok, lol. <buzz, buzz>

9. It's a repellent, alright. (Maybe if I peed around my desk people would stop taking my pens.)

10. Nope, it's not a UTI - it's 'personal growth and development'.

11. Atlas shrugs. Park a car on my shoulders. Really.

Jet
06-26-2010, 04:29 PM
Some past, some present:

1. Hey there, belly.

2. Scratch, scratch, itchy scalp - hair follicles under attack. Rescue courtesy of finasteride.

3. Yes, it is ALL you can think of.

4. Trouble swallowing, can't yell. Family glad of latter.

5. Yes, I CAN carry all of the luggage. (saves on trips to the car, at least)

6. So THAT's what back acne looks like.

7. Good god, extra hair THERE???? It gets caught. It pulls. nevermind

8. You call THIS a moustache? Um, ok, lol. <buzz, buzz>

9. It's a repellent, alright. (Maybe if I peed around my desk people would stop taking my pens.)

10. Nope, it's not a UTI - it's 'personal growth and development'.

11. Atlas shrugs. Park a car on my shoulders. Really.

good post.

Jet
06-26-2010, 07:44 PM
Did you watch your dad shave when you were little and wish you could do the same thing? I did.

Sam
06-26-2010, 10:31 PM
Did you watch your dad shave when you were little and wish you could do the same thing? I did.

yep i did, and now i have a full face beard and hate to shave.

i get this stupid shyt in my head every once in awhile and i shave it off, by the next day i have a shadow by the next week im on my way. shakeshead. i have more hair on my face than on my head :P

theoddz
06-28-2010, 01:29 PM
I ran across this today and thought it might be of some help to the fellows who might be grappling with transition issues. I hope it is of some help. :)

http://www.hrc.org/documents/transgender_visibility_guide.pdf

The Oopster
06-29-2010, 12:11 AM
Thanks theo ... i breezed through it and it actually seemed like a good resource. I don't need it for myself but more and more I'm like the token transgendered person that everyone knows so when somebody comes out to someone whether an adult, small child, or young adult people approach me. So it will be nice to have some tangible resource to give them also.

atomiczombie
06-29-2010, 04:47 PM
I finally got a call from my Endo doc's nurse yesterday, after 2 months of waiting. She (the nurse) relayed to me from my doc that my labs that I did a few weeks ago looked fine, and she (my doc) wants me to get another set of labs right away (which I went out and did yesterday after I got the call). Then I am supposed to have another phone appt with her in July. After that I get labs done again in September and have a face-to-face appt with my doc then. The thing that is maddening is that she didn't say anything about a dosage change. I am still on this low dose. So, I asked the nurse to ask my doc about that. Now it's a waiting game again to hear back. *sigh*

Leigh
06-29-2010, 05:15 PM
Hi all,

Well, as of this Friday it'll be six weeks since I had My gb (gallbladder) surgery so I should be set to call My doc again and begin having My appointments with him again. I was able to have My initial consultation with him before My gb was taken out, and he had already told Me that he would help Me in every wa possible to get on T as soon as possible. I should only need another 3-4 sessions before I'm put on T, so I want to get the ball rolling as soon as I can. I'll be giving him a call tomorrow so I can set up My second appointment, which will be getting My lab work done and talking about My family history of disease and stuff (fun fun).

I've been spending the last three nights or so on YouTube watching videos of guys before and after their transition; pre-T and weekly updates on changes and such, days leading upto top surgery and the results afterwards. Seeing these videos, hearing about various guy's experiences and watching how they interact with certain people around them have given Me the courage to want to begin coming out to more people. I'm ready to take the next step in moving forward, regardless of what others may say ....... bring it on I say, cuz I can't wait :D

Jet
06-29-2010, 05:51 PM
Lot of dry skin. Does anybody else experience this? If so, what moisturizer do you use?

Sam
06-29-2010, 07:19 PM
Lot of dry skin. Does anybody else experience this? If so, what moisturizer do you use?

its from the heat :P i will be in town this weekend. we should have lunch or something

Linus
06-29-2010, 07:24 PM

In some parts. LOTS and LOTS of water seems to resolve some of this and no moisturizer.

Oddly enough, my forehead has becoming very oily.

Jet
06-30-2010, 09:46 PM
Dry patches and oiley skin has subsided. A femme friend suggested making an exfolient (sp) paste from baking soda and water. It washed the dry skin off and then I put some aloe lotion on the area.
I have no dry/over oiley skin today.

atomiczombie
07-01-2010, 06:15 PM
Ok so I got my blood test results in the Mail today, for the test I took a couple weeks ago. Here's what it said about my T level:

Free Testosterone: 46.6pg/mL
Total Testosterone 315ng/dL

Anyone know if that's a normal level for a guy, or if it is the right level for an FTM? My doc is supposed to call me but she hasn't yet. Thanks in advance. :)

Linus
07-01-2010, 06:23 PM
Ok so I got my blood test results in the Mail today, for the test I took a couple weeks ago. Here's what it said about my T level:

Anyone know if that's a normal level for a guy, or if it is the right level for an FTM? My doc is supposed to call me but she hasn't yet. Thanks in advance. :)

According to a study in the April 1999 Journal of Behavioral Medicine, higher-than-average testosterone levels offer certain benefits but also carry some serious risks. Researchers at Pennsylvania State University in University Park, Penn., reviewed the records of 4,393 men between the ages of 32 and 44 who had served in the military between 1965 and 1971. Their blood had been drawn to determine testosterone levels -- which ranged from 53 to 1,500 nanograms per deciliter, with an average of 679. (The normal range in males is 270 to 1,070 nanograms.) http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=51013

Looks like you're in the range.

atomiczombie
07-01-2010, 06:25 PM
http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=51013

Thanks bud, you rock. :D

Looks like I will just be staying at the 2.5g of Androgel per day.

Jet
07-02-2010, 07:39 PM
Dry patches in the face and oil. kinda weird. I grew up with oily skin. I feel like I'm 17 again.

Jet
07-02-2010, 07:42 PM
http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=51013

Good ol' Linus...we can always count on you for information.

Dylan
07-03-2010, 01:33 AM

Here's another link to an FTM specific site

Serum total testosterone test
An individual's testosterone levels are usually confirmed through a blood test called a "serum total testosterone test." Testosterone exists in your bloodstream in two forms-- "bound" testosterone and "free" testosterone. The majority of bound testosterone in the body is chemically bound to a protein called "sex hormone binding globulin" (SHBG). The remaining bound testosterone in the system is mostly bound to albumin, another protein. Free testosterone is not chemically attached to any proteins and is considered the "active" form of testosterone, as it is readily available to bind to androgen receptor sites on cells.

A serum total testosterone test measures the total of bound and free T in the system. What is considered a normal test level of combined bound and free testosterone in male bodies can range anywhere from 300-1100 ng/dl (nanograms per deciliter). Levels will vary with age and individual factors.

It is useful to also separately measure the level of free testosterone in the system, as this may be more indicative of how hormone therapy is progressing. Levels of free testosterone can range between 0.3%-5% of the total testosterone count, with about 2% considered an average level. Ask your doctor to check for both total and free levels of testosterone in your system.

Remember that because every body has a different sensitivity to androgens, T levels themselves will not necessarily indicate results in terms of masculinization. The levels are merely a guideline by which you and your doctor can begin to measure progress. Your results and your dosing should be guided by your overall health (especially the health of your heart and liver), your progress in masculinization, and how your body and moods react to different dosages. Testosterone therapy is not a one-size-fits-all approach-- be sure to monitor your health and feelings closely, and remember that even a small adjustment in dosage (in either direction) can make a big difference. Your doctor should rely on the tests below to monitor your overall health.

The link (http://www.ftmguide.org/tandhealth.html#serumttest)

Dylan

Jet
07-04-2010, 12:52 AM
My voice is changing.

atomiczombie
07-04-2010, 02:14 AM
My voice is changing.

That's awesome.

Leigh
07-06-2010, 11:11 AM
Hey guys, just wanted to say hi to everyone :)

I finally got the chance to call My doctor here who is going to help Me transition, and he is on holiday so I left a message for his nurse. She should call Me back within a business day, which will officially mean that the ball will be rolling again to begin My transition :thumbsup:

Jet ~ fantastic news about your voice changing, I can't wait to start My T and have that change as well as many of the others too :cheesy:

Jet
07-06-2010, 01:18 PM
4 weeks into my 5th injection today.
I'm starting to get rowdy. I don't like that; I'm hot headed anyway and I really have to keep the swing in check now. I do have anti anxiety meds. But I feel impatient, resteless and in your face. lol

I kind of went off on customer service on the phone for being slow and complacent (sp). So I need to keep in mind what's going on here. How long should I expect this?

Dylan
07-06-2010, 01:22 PM
4 weeks into my 5 injection today.

Can you please clarify?

Dylan

Jet
07-06-2010, 02:26 PM
sorry, i got busy.

okay
It's my 5th week and 4th injection having skipped a week.
The last injection was last week at 1/2cc and we will continue with 1/2 cc every week instead of 1 cc every other week.

Stearns
07-06-2010, 02:39 PM
I'm starting to get rowdy. I don't like that; I'm hot headed anyway and I really have to keep the swing in check now. I do have anti anxiety meds. But I feel impatient, resteless and in your face. lol

I kind of went off on customer service on the phone for being slow and complacent (sp). So I need to keep in mind what's going on here. How long should I expect this?

I never had this reaction, so I can't help you out here. T made me feel more settled and just better all the way around. Maybe you are having some kind of adverse reaction? I think you should discuss it with your doctor.

Jet
07-06-2010, 02:41 PM
I never had this reaction, so I can't help you out here. T made me feel more settled and just better all the way around. Maybe you are having some kind of adverse reaction? I think you should discuss it with your doctor.

He told me there could be mood swings. Maybe it just depends on the person.
I'm okay, I just feel uptight realizing that it "could" be the T and my reaction to it.

Linus
07-06-2010, 04:40 PM

It could be the "coming down" effect. One of the things that is known about T is that if it's not even, you could get a few days where you're sort of down on T. I would say if it's still like this after 3 months on "full injections" you may need to look at both medical and possible non-medical causes.

My understanding is that it is a myth that T causes rage. I wonder if the mood swings are due to the anti-anxiety medication that you are taking as well? Is it the same doctor giving you both? If not, does the other doctor know of the amount and kind of T you are taking?

Jet
07-06-2010, 04:44 PM
My anti anxiety med is only 1mg a day. 1/2 day 1/2 night.
I've never had this edginess before. But then, I have a lot going on and a lot to deal with.

Sam
07-06-2010, 05:03 PM
the only rage i experienced my first year on T, was road rage. as soon as i got my injections leveled that subsided too.

things only get better from here Jet

Jet
07-06-2010, 05:07 PM
the only rage i experienced my first year on T, was road rage. as soon as i got my injections leveled that subsided too.

things only get better from here Jet

oh good. I hope that includes loads of horniness......

little man
07-06-2010, 06:08 PM
oh good. I hope that includes loads of horniness......

it will....in spades

The Oopster
07-06-2010, 11:56 PM
sorry, i got busy.

okay
It's my 5th week and 4th injection having skipped a week.
The last injection was last week at 1/2cc and we will continue with 1/2 cc every week instead of 1 cc every other week.

You might want to journal how you feel each day and see if there is a pattern.

For the most part the shots actually have made me mellower ... more even keeled.

However if I don't take the shot say by 1 or 2 in the afternoon I'll wait to the next day because I can't settle down at night. That's mainly the only edginess i've had ...

also does being physically active in some way help decrease the edginess?? Just a suggestion ... I think ocassionally i may get it but I just automatically know when I start to feel away to do something to wear it off.

Also I do take a lower dose ... i only do .3 ml every 10 days ...

Soon
07-07-2010, 08:12 PM
Judge Rules For Transgender Woman Fired by Georgia (http://www.11alive.com/rss/rss_story.aspx?storyid=146046)

ATLANTA (AP) -- A federal judge has ruled in favor of a former Georgia state legislative aide who claimed she was fired after telling her boss she would come to work dressed as woman as she transitioned from man to woman.

U.S. District Judge Richard W. Story ruled Friday that Vandy Beth Glenn's firing violated her constitutional rights under the Equal Protection Clause.

Glenn is a transgender woman formerly known as Glenn Morrison. She claimed that Legislative Counsel Sewell Brumby fired her from her job as a legislative editor because the gender transition would make her colleagues feel uncomfortable and would be seen as "immoral" by Georgia lawmakers.

Brumby told The Associated Press Tuesday he had no comment on the ruling.

(Copyright © 2010, The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

---------------

p.s. despite this good news, some of the comments are abhorrent.

Soon
07-07-2010, 08:25 PM
H.R. 3017, Employment Non-Discrimination Act of 2009: Vandy Beth Glenn

YuU5d4-s8BM

Leigh
07-07-2010, 09:07 PM
I went out today with My family for a rare outing, and of course because I don't have a binder I knew I'd be self conscious. I found a very tight old tank top of Mine that helped to temporarily squish down My tits *shudder* and after putting a t-shirt over top of that it helped to flatten Me out. I was still pretty sure people were looking at Me funny, but I didn't care ~ atleast not until I saw alot of the bio guys there with muscle shirts on and of course flat chests. Talk about having pretty bad dysphoria for about an hour, but now that I'm home I'm okay ............. this just confirms to Me that I need to get things going asap!

atomiczombie
07-07-2010, 09:12 PM
I went out today with My family for a rare outing, and of course because I don't have a binder I knew I'd be self conscious. I found a very tight old tank top of Mine that helped to temporarily squish down My tits *shudder* and after putting a t-shirt over top of that it helped to flatten Me out. I was still pretty sure people were looking at Me funny, but I didn't care ~ atleast not until I saw alot of the bio guys there with muscle shirts on and of course flat chests. Talk about having pretty bad dysphoria for about an hour, but now that I'm home I'm okay ............. this just confirms to Me that I need to get things going asap!

How come no binder bud? They aren't all that expensive.

Leigh
07-07-2010, 09:16 PM
How come no binder bud? They aren't all that expensive.

I know they aren't really too expensive, but I'm not working right now and the bit of money I do get go towards other things (but I'm planning on getting one soon)

The Oopster
07-08-2010, 11:30 PM
I know they aren't really too expensive, but I'm not working right now and the bit of money I do get go towards other things (but I'm planning on getting one soon)

your a bigger guy aren't you?

I have some binders i'd be willing to send someone that can't afford them but they are smaller ones ... i believe they are mediums ... they are the underworks tri-vests ... i also have the full double compression vest ... but i'm not sure if its a small or a medium ... unfortunately i only remember ever having one but have order forms for more then one ... so I may have sent one back ....

Thinker
07-12-2010, 09:10 AM

Just wanted to follow-up on this...

It took all of about 2 weeks and 2 days for me to receive my new passport!

Amazing.

T D
07-15-2010, 12:20 AM
Just wanted to follow-up on this...

It took all of about 2 weeks and 2 days for me to receive my new passport!

Amazing.

That's great, Thinker!!

I believe my voice is beginning to change a bit... woooo hoooo Finally :)

Linus
07-15-2010, 06:50 AM
That's great, Thinker!!

Congrats! How long has it been since you started T?

Jet
07-15-2010, 08:36 AM

how low can you go.....

mine is stating to change too.

T D
07-15-2010, 08:54 AM
Thanks guys.

I started T at the beginning of June. It hasn't been very long at all, but I'm a happy camper :)

Jet
07-15-2010, 09:19 AM
You started when I did, TD. I haven't noticed anything. My voice cracks though.

T D
07-16-2010, 10:18 PM
Maybe I'm imagining it, Jet. Wishful thinking? LOL

Leigh
07-16-2010, 11:35 PM
I called and was finally able to get an appointment with the doctor who will help Me to begin My transition, only thing is that because he is on holidays all this month and is booking up into august I can't see him until Aug. 27th ~ but atleast its an appointment so I can't complain :)

Linus
07-17-2010, 05:56 AM
I called and was finally able to get an appointment with the doctor who will help Me to begin My transition, only thing is that because he is on holidays all this month and is booking up into august I can't see him until Aug. 27th ~ but atleast its an appointment so I can't complain :)

It will be the longest month you'll have now. Congrats!

Gentle Tiger
07-17-2010, 08:03 AM
Congratulations Braedon. I agree with Linus. It will seem like the longest and fastest month all at the same time. LOL

Jet
07-19-2010, 03:30 PM
This belongs in the smile thread, too. I have been on T for about 5 weeks now. I don't notice anything different except a skin rash which is clearing up and that I feel like my voice has dropped. We sound differently to ourselves than to other people so its hard to tell.

But....

the other night I was on the phone with someone to whom I'm sending music. I've collected about 80 years worth and I asked her if she would want some Gershwin. So I played this tune over the phone which was sung by Mickey Rooney and Judy Garland.

And she said "OMG how did you put your voice to an orchestra? How did you sing that? I know that's Judy Garland but is the guy you?" I said God no, that's Mickey Rooney. She said she swore it was me and that I sound just like him.

I didn't think the affects of T would start so soon understanding that it was a gradual process. It made smile though...I was kind of nice.

Hope everyone is doing well.

For grins, here's the tune I was thought to have sung...out of 1938 or so...

wGsocbf6Qtw

atomiczombie
07-19-2010, 03:33 PM
This belongs in the smile thread, too. I have been on T for about 5 weeks now. I don't notice anything different except a skin rash which is clearing up and that I feel like my voice has dropped. We sound differently to ourselves than to other people so its hard to tell.

But....

the other night I was on the phone with someone to whom I'm sending music. I've collected about 80 years worth and I asked her if she would want some Gershwin. So I played this tune over the phone which was sung by Mickey Rooney and Judy Garland.

And she said "OMG how did you put your voice to an orchestra? How did you sing that? I know that's Judy Garland but is the guy you?" I said God no, that's Mickey Rooney. She said she swore it was me and that I sound just like him.

I didn't affects of T would start so soon understanding that it was a gradual process. It made smile though...I was kind of nice.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Right on Parker! That is so awesome. :) I am still waiting for mine to drop.

Rufusboi
07-20-2010, 07:42 PM
I received my new birth certificate yesterday. Next on my list is my social security card. Does anyone have advice about the social security card? I called the social security office today and they told me I need to bring my birth certificate and passport for identification. Sounded simple, but simple sometimes scares me.

Rufusboi

Rufusboi
07-22-2010, 02:37 PM
I had an ordeal at the social security office. Yesterday I went with my birth certificate and picture ID. I had called the SS office the day before to see what I needed to bring.

First the SS agent told me it would be two months before I could get it changed because they had to verify my birth certificate was authentic even though it says it is an original along with the state seal. I inform him this is fine I will wait the two months if I need to.

He then says excuse me and leaves the room. He then comes back and hands me a piece of paper that says: We cannot issue you a Social Security card at this time because: Sex-Change Operation: Applicant must submit a letter from his or her surgeon or the attending physician verifying the the sex change surgery was completed. Please contact us when: You can give us the document we need.

I informed him they did not tell me I needed this over the phone. I told him fine I have a letter and I will be back tomorrow.

The letter I have states I had top surgery only (this is the letter Kentucky needed for my birth certificate) it does not state the sex change surgery is complete. I decide to call the Social Security office in Washington and read them the letter. The person there stated the letter was fine with him, but it was up to the individual office if they would accept it or not.

I call the Social Security agent here in Texas and read him my letter. He states to fax it to him and he would run it by his supervisor in the morning and would call me if they accept it or not.

I was worried.

This morning I received a call from the Texas office and they said the letter was fine and they would change my gender marker today, but it would not go into effect until tomorrow.

My Social Security information has been changed. Next is my passport.

Whew, what an ordeal.

Rufusboi

Linus
07-22-2010, 02:39 PM
Rufus,

Did this include gender change?

Rufusboi
07-22-2010, 02:55 PM
Rufus,

Did this include gender change?

Linus- yes, it was gender only. I didn't do a name change. I don't have a feminine first or middle name (my mother named me after two old boyfriends - so its made things easier for me )

Rufus

atomiczombie
07-23-2010, 01:53 PM
Update: I now have back acne. And not just a little bit. :|

TenderKnight
07-23-2010, 02:04 PM

I don't get backne, but I get it on my legs, arms, and chest.. oy.. lol

Just remember, it's all them lil hairs trying to push to the surface.. Tis a good thing! As long as you want a back pelt.. (I have a good friend that is like a bear, dude.. for reals.. lmao)

Leigh
07-23-2010, 03:45 PM
It will be the longest month you'll have now. Congrats!

Its still more than a month away, and its already been the longest week since I made the appointment so I got abit of a ways to go but I'll be patient :)

Congratulations Braedon. I agree with Linus. It will seem like the longest and fastest month all at the same time. LOL

So far its felt like the moments are just dragging on, so I hope the days go by faster :blink:

Right on Parker! That is so awesome. :) I am still waiting for mine to drop.

This is the one thing that I am not excited about once I start T, is the voice dropping :D

This is not something I look forward to, I have enough problems with acne lol

Just remember, it's all them lil hairs trying to push to the surface.. Tis a good thing! As long as you want a back pelt.. (I have a good friend that is like a bear, dude.. for reals.. lmao)

I really hope that I am not a bear, I don't want all that hair (abit is enough!). I have not yet begun T, but I already have hair on My face (especially under My chin and on My upper lip) as well as abit on My legs and lower stomach. I don't know if maybe I have a high level of testosterone in My body already or what it is, but when I looked in the mirror the other day and studied the dark hairs on My upper lip I then realized that I will probably have more hair than I really want :|

atomiczombie
07-23-2010, 04:00 PM

None of the men in my family, on either side, have back hair. It's the danish/norwegian un-hairy-ness. I would not be happy if I got it. Yuck.

TenderKnight
07-23-2010, 04:01 PM
I got one word for ya, Bro.. Manscaping.

Jet
07-30-2010, 02:31 PM
Just dropping in to say hey. Continuing with injections; the only thing I've experienced is skin chapping.

People tell me my voice is about as low as William Warfield. Actually, they just catch me just when I'm getting out of bed.

Sam
08-01-2010, 06:41 PM
hey guys, hows life lately?

experiencing more chest hair.

consulting with a top surgeon aug. 9th, hopefully will know when by then.

otherwise work is killing me, had a great week wit my lady visiting this past week.

life is good

Jet
08-08-2010, 01:23 PM
my voice is sooooooooooooooooooooooo Looooow

atomiczombie
08-08-2010, 01:29 PM
my voice is sooooooooooooooooooooooo Looooow

Awesome Parker!!

Rufusboi
08-16-2010, 02:55 PM
Got my drivers license changed to male today. I am very happy about that.

Rufus

Linus
08-16-2010, 03:22 PM
Got my drivers license changed to male today. I am very happy about that.

Rufus

Congrats!! Sounds like everything is moving forward for you.. :)

slverwlf
08-17-2010, 06:15 AM
Hi,

My entire life has been and will continue to be a transition. It just is. However I started talking to a therapist about transition in January 2005. I changed my name, and started T in May of that year.
I am currently on 100mgs a week, and I don't have too much change at this point. I just see it as maintenance. I do like results when working out, which I don't do often often.
I had chest surgery in JUly of 2006, I went to a surgeon by the name of Dr. Balderrama in Lake Havasu, AZ. I was lucky that it was covered by my insurance, and that is who myself and the insurance company decided would be best. Most of the "known" surgeons would not touch insurance with a ten foot pole. Hopefully that is beginning to change some. I had my hysterectomy in December of 2007. I went to Serbia last summer for a Meta with Dr. Miro. So, I am about as done surgically as I want to be at this point. If I ever lose 70lbs, I will get revisions I am considering, but no point right now.
I run two support groups in the Tampa area, and will be graduating in December with a degree in Mental Health Counseling. I want to be a gender therapist.
If anyone ever has any questions, do not hesitate to send them in my direction. I'm an open book.

Sam
08-24-2010, 01:16 PM
Ok i have a top surgeon out of Sandy Springs Ga, i have my consult with him on sept 15th, hopefully get my date for surgery before i leave the office.

this is all finally coming together nicely

Linus
08-24-2010, 01:21 PM
Fingers crossed for you Sam. I think I'm going to see if I can get mine booked for Jan once I'm in L.A. and go to the same surgeon as Oop and Theo.

theoddz
08-24-2010, 01:51 PM
Fingers crossed for you Sam. I think I'm going to see if I can get mine booked for Jan once I'm in L.A. and go to the same surgeon as Oop and Theo.

GREAT, Linus and Sam, you're going to do it!!!! :clap:

Well, a little more than a year later, I'm doing really well. My scars have faded quite a bit and what does remain is gradually getting covered up with hair. I can't begin to tell you how much more comfortable I am since having chest surgery. These Vegas summers are absolutely *brutal* when it comes to heat, and wearing the heavy sports bras and compression shirts/binders was absolutely miserable. It really did wonders for my confidence and comfort. I'm finally feeling congruent and at peace with myself. :winky:

Once you have the surgery, it'll be relatively easy to get all of your paperwork changed...meaning gender markers, because Dr. V's letter is right on the mark. The State of Florida (of all places) accepted it and changed my birth certificate with no problems and now all of my other documentation has been fixed. Mother has been after me to take her to Ireland next year, so now I can move forward with getting a new passport.

I think you'll be seriously happy with Dr. Voloshin and his team. I don't think you could get a better surgeon with more experience than him. I liked the fact that his office and team has a "family" feel and I think he has a good feel for the FTM community. From what Koop said, he thought the same.

You're going to be pretty close to your home there, too, since Dr. V is in Newport Beach. That's another huge plus!!! I think the travel thing, along with having to spend the first one or two nights in a strange (but comfortable) bed was probably the most stressful to me.

Congrats again, Brothers!!! :thumbsup:

Sam
08-24-2010, 02:02 PM

Thanks Linus, im hoping for great results, fast recovery and onward with my life.

Good luck with your move.

Paphigleo
08-24-2010, 09:48 PM
Hey guys...

In two weeks I have an appointment with a doc in Charlotte NC who is willing to manage and prescribe my T regimine.

This past month I did the hardest part for me so far; I told my family.

They never cease to amaze me. Little sister said, "You've always been my big brother just now it'll be official". An older sister said, "I knew it, and I think I even ASKED you a few years back but noooooo you weren't ready yet".

My mother and father and respective step-parents were all very kind and supportive.

It went so well I had to refrain from kicking myself for waiting so long out of fear!

At any rate, my first appointment is Sept 8th. I am getting more excited with each passing day. I will be submitting to insurance but am doubtful of coverage. I'm prepared to just suck up the costs.

This is my gift to myself. I already quite smoking, been building a routine with working out. Dropping the unhealthy weight I've been hiding this body under. I'm ready to become me.

Viva la Transformation

Linus
08-24-2010, 09:51 PM
Hey guys...

In two weeks I have an appointment with a doc in Charlotte NC who is willing to manage and prescribe my T regimine.

They never cease to amaze me. Little sister said, "You've always been my big brother just now it'll be official". An older sister said, "I knew it, and I think I even ASKED you a few years back but noooooo you weren't ready yet".

My mother and father and respective step-parents were all very kind and supportive.

It went so well I had to refrain from kicking myself for waiting so long out of fear!

At any rate, my first appointment is Sept 8th. I am getting more excited with each passing day. I will be submitting to insurance but am doubtful of coverage. I'm prepared to just suck up the costs.

This is my gift to myself. I already quite smoking, been building a routine with working out. Dropping the unhealthy weight I've been hiding this body under. I'm ready to become me.

Viva la Transformation

Congrats on starting this journey.. :) you must be very excited.

Greyson
08-25-2010, 08:00 AM
Hey guys...

Viva la Transformation

Congratulations. Don't be too hard on yourself for experiencing fear. You're human. I like your use of the word "Transformation." It speaks to me. I believe all of us are so much more than just our bodies. Yes, we strive to have self determination of our bodies and how we choose to express our gender. We also have other deminsions of who we are and when one of us moves forward, we all move a bit more forward.

theoddz
08-25-2010, 08:08 AM
Hey guys...

Viva la Transformation

Hey there!!! Good for you!!! :clap:

Even better that you've got such a loving and encouraging support system in place. So many guys don't have that and I think it's really heartening when a brother does get that kind of unconditional love from those dear to him.

Now, prepare for the ride of your life!!! May it be enlightening, soul-freeing and fun!!! :winky::thumbsup:

Best wishes,

The Oopster
08-25-2010, 02:20 PM
GREAT, Linus and Sam, you're going to do it!!!! :clap:

Well, a little more than a year later, I'm doing really well. My scars have faded quite a bit and what does remain is gradually getting covered up with hair. I can't begin to tell you how much more comfortable I am since having chest surgery. These Vegas summers are absolutely *brutal* when it comes to heat, and wearing the heavy sports bras and compression shirts/binders was absolutely miserable. It really did wonders for my confidence and comfort. I'm finally feeling congruent and at peace with myself. :winky:

I here ya on summers being brutal. I don't think I could have survived another and this one has actually been pretty tame. I can't wait to see what my scars look like in a year ... there are already a couple small spots that are pretty faded compared to the rest. Unfortunately i don't think i'll have chest hairs to help ... not even an orphan hair here or there :| Neither my dad or brother have much and I don't remember my grandpa being overly hairy either, so doesn't surprise me.

I think you'll be seriously happy with Dr. Voloshin and his team. I don't think you could get a better surgeon with more experience than him. I liked the fact that his office and team has a "family" feel and I think he has a good feel for the FTM community. From what Koop said, he thought the same.

I'm totally glad I went with him. I had a friend who went with alter and seems happy with his results but I'm still glad I went with voloshin. I probably would have checked out alter but my friend said there was a charge for the consultation .. and voloshins was free. Also voloshin would have tried to put in through insurance ... I may have gotten it covered ... it definitely has helped my neck pain ... but personally chose not to because of some personal complications.

You're going to be pretty close to your home there, too, since Dr. V is in Newport Beach. That's another huge plus!!! I think the travel thing, along with having to spend the first one or two nights in a strange (but comfortable) bed was probably the most stressful to me.

Congrats again, Brothers!!! :thumbsup:

If someone can be within an hour or so of your dr i definitely recommend it. I would still recommend staying close the first night .. i couldn't imagine traveling more then a few minutes by car the day of surgery. I actually found the first night not being at home was helpful .. no distractions .. albe to just rest ... the next day though it was nice to ony have an hour drive. also it was good to be able to drive home that day. I probably felt the best the day after ... two, three, and four days after were my hardest so I'm glad i didn't have to travel home on them and that I was home for them.

Hey guys...

Viva la Transformation

congrats ... and i'm so glad your family is so supportive. My parents haven't been too bad .. but next month when i meet up with them i'm going to have to talk with my dad about it more. Right now I feel like their "little secret." Sometimes that is hard yet i really don't want them to have to put up with peoples stupitity unless they are really onboard with it. We live thousands a miles apart and it different environments.

Linus
08-25-2010, 02:23 PM
I'm totally glad I went with him. I had a friend who went with alter and seems happy with his results but I'm still glad I went with voloshin. I probably would have checked out alter but my friend said there was a charge for the consultation .. and voloshins was free. Also voloshin would have tried to put in through insurance ... I may have gotten it covered ... it definitely has helped my neck pain ... but personally chose not to because of some personal complications.

Really? He'll try to do that?! Oh.. that makes me even happier at trying to get him. I have Aetna PPO (soon Aetna PPO CA) and I've heard, even when they list gender change as an exclusion you can sometimes get it covered anyways..

The Oopster
08-25-2010, 02:31 PM
Koops question time!

So has anyone dealt with meeting people from their past?

Where I live people know. However occasionally there are people that I grew up with or worked with in the past that have no idea that I would like to approach but 1) am not sure how to 2) sort of scared to.

Right now I will hold out til i talk to dad in sept, but I am wondering how people have handled it and what the results were.

not so much worried about negativity towards me .. I just don't want my parents to have to go through the gossip mills and looks at home.

It's also weird because that part of me feels literally like another person so it's like I want people to know we know each other but I don't want them to remember me that way.

There is one person out here that was a sophmore in high school when i was senior. We weren't like best friends but we had mutual friends and were in some of the same high school clubs and both ran long distance in track. I probably will approach her. If nothing else she seems like a good test subject. She lives in LA so for one she lives in a more liberal environment and number two she's a comic so I feel like i can approach her with a sense of humor.

It's just weird though it's not like I can friend her and go hey remember me? Because without some explanation she won't

Linus
08-25-2010, 02:34 PM
Koops question time!

So has anyone dealt with meeting people from their past?

Where I live people know. However occasionally there are people that I grew up with or worked with in the past that have no idea that I would like to approach but 1) am not sure how to 2) sort of scared to.

Right now I will hold out til i talk to dad in sept, but I am wondering how people have handled it and what the results were.

not so much worried about negativity towards me .. I just don't want my parents to have to go through the gossip mills and looks at home.

It's also weird because that part of me feels literally like another person so it's like I want people to know we know each other but I don't want them to remember me that way.

There is one person out here that was a sophmore in high school when i was senior. We weren't like best friends but we had mutual friends and were in some of the same high school clubs and both ran long distance in track. I probably will approach her. If nothing else she seems like a good test subject. She lives in LA so for one she lives in a more liberal environment and number two she's a comic so I feel like i can approach her with a sense of humor.

It's just weird though it's not like I can friend her and go hey remember me? Because without some explanation she won't

I've had students from even before I even considered transitioning finding me as well as friends from high school (we're talking nearly 25 years now! :blink: ) find me and we're ok. Granted, some weren't but those who were true friends then are still true friends now. They asked questions about the process (they know me to be open and willing to answer anything so I was ok with these) but otherwise, we're ok with it.

Granted your mileage may vary.

The Oopster
08-25-2010, 02:34 PM
Really? He'll try to do that?! Oh.. that makes me even happier at trying to get him. I have Aetna PPO (soon Aetna PPO CA) and I've heard, even when they list gender change as an exclusion you can sometimes get it covered anyways..

He was willing to try to submit it for me ... I just chose not to for personal reasons. If I hadn't had the money who knows and it's not like I couldn't of used the money for other reasons but to avoid some complications it as just easier to pay out of pocket.

The Oopster
08-25-2010, 02:39 PM
I've had students from even before I even considered transitioning finding me as well as friends from high school (we're talking nearly 25 years now! :blink: ) find me and we're ok. Granted, some weren't but those who were true friends then are still true friends now. They asked questions about the process (they know me to be open and willing to answer anything so I was ok with these) but otherwise, we're ok with it.

Granted your mileage may vary.

Right now no one is going to find me .. because there isn't any commonaility for them to link me to, so i'm the one that would have to do the approaching. Eventually i may just link myself to my high school but for now i don't wont my parents to have to deal with any fallout.

Leigh
08-25-2010, 04:22 PM
I have My next doctor's appointment on Friday morning, wish Me luck :)

Paphigleo
08-25-2010, 08:51 PM
Greyson, indeed. Transformation speaks to me. Life if full of growth opportunities and this one just happens to have the power to lend me new eyes to see this world through.

Thanks to all!

Good luck Braedon!

Off to bed for me!

Leigh
08-25-2010, 09:48 PM
Greyson, indeed. Transformation speaks to me. Life if full of growth opportunities and this one just happens to have the power to lend me new eyes to see this world through.

Thanks to all!

Good luck Braedon!

Off to bed for me!

Thanks bro, I wish you luck also when you get your appointment ~ I see fantastic things in the future for both of us :D

Leigh
08-27-2010, 04:42 PM
Just a *bump* and an update too :)

I went to see My doctor today and we talked more about My childhood and teenage years, how things were at home and how gender played a role in My everyday life. I filled out a couple of forms to consent that I know the effects and possible side effects of testosterone, then he scheduled Me for two future appointments ........ September 24th for complete bloodwork, then October 1st for a physical exam.

Then the doc said something that not only floored Me but has put Me in the best mood possible ........ if the bloodwork and physical exam are both positive and nothing is wrong, then on October 1st I will begin taking testosterone :cheer:

Talk about Me being one happy guy right now ~ I never, ever expected things to go this fast but I'm not complaining at all :dance2:

Jet
09-09-2010, 09:25 PM
Hi all.
Back in town after a month of being away.
This is my 10th week. The only thing different is my voice.
There is a lot of fuzz around my chin and some whiskers.

I don't want them for the same reason I don't get a tat. I don't like it.
I've progressed a lot my workouts tho, and I guess its because of the T which I like very much.!

I developed a lot chapping and dry skin around my eyebrows and nose. I use Hyrdocortisone on those areas. I have an appt. with yet another doc on the 15th.

Anyway, jus' dropping in to say hey after being gone.

theoddz
09-10-2010, 09:14 AM
Okay, something I've noticed, and it's occurred over time, is how my jaw seems to have "adjusted"/squared off, so to speak. It kind of escaped my immediate attention to what was happening at the time, because it came on very very gradually.

At first I thought my dentist hadn't filed off my fillings evenly, but then I remembered that when they do that little "tap tap" with the little carbon paper, right after the filling, everything felt really good. Now, as I look in the mirror, I can see where my jawline is much more squared than it used to be. I think T has done this, amongst the many other effects I've had from it. I remember, after about a year of being on it, how my joints would ache a bit, and not just my knees, which have been very bad for many, many years.

I've been on T for going on 4 years now, and everything is as it should be. I've turned out to be a pretty hairy guy, overall, and the scars from my chest surgery have faded out a lot after about a year and a half. My voice is unmistakably male, no questions about that, and I have absolutely no problems with "passing".

One thing I would like to pass on to my brothers here is the importance of having regular blood work done, say every 6 months at first, then every year once you've gone through the first couple of years with no problems. It's important to monitor your liver enzymes and make sure the T isn't having an adverse effect on that and to work hard to keep your cholesterol and triglycerides in the "good" zones.

Learning to manage stress has really helped me, over the long haul, and I still sometimes struggle with that, due to my work and, well, my union activities. I have to remember to do my exercising and make time for relaxing. Spending time with Myra and Ivan helps me immeasurably, so I'm really glad I have those two "little green people". :awww::frog::frog:

Take care and be healthy....and happy, fellas. It's a marvelous journey. I've really enjoyed reading your posts here and knowing how everyone is coming along.

Parker, I'm glad you're back. :winky:

Sam
09-11-2010, 08:32 PM
just a quick hello

i have my consult this week, hoping to have a surgery date by the end of the week.

leaving for GA on monday, looking forward to finding out.

have a great week.

T D
09-11-2010, 10:12 PM
Quick note from me as well.

Finally had my T increased this week, so I'm assuming I'll actually begin to see changes over the next few months.

I have half the $$$ for top surgery, but may need to spend it on something else now. It's always something!!!

Oh well, we shall see.

Hope you all are doing well!!

Jet
09-15-2010, 04:05 PM
Quick note from me as well.

Finally had my T increased this week, so I'm assuming I'll actually begin to see changes over the next few months.

I have half the $$$ for top surgery, but may need to spend it on something else now. It's always something!!!

Oh well, we shall see.

Hope you all are doing well!!

maybe quicker than that. My voice changed within a couple of weeks

Sam
09-16-2010, 05:36 AM
I had my consult yesterday, everything went smoothly.

I will be having Top Surgery October 28th, Pre-Op October 25th.

I will be having it here in Georgia.

Now I need to start the process of finding out what my county will want for my gender/name changes. I will start that process right after surgery as i will be here a few weeks recovering.

One thing still confuses, the Dr says he will let me choose where my nipple graphs will be on my chest. Now mind you, im NOT a surgeon so i'm not sure where to put them. i'm guessing that playing around in the mirror will hopefully prove to pick the right spot?

I am so looking forward to POST transition.

I see my T doc today, i'm hoping for an increase in T. But who knows.

One last thing, by looking at myself in the mirror at the Dr's office yesterday i realize just how much hair i have growing on my chest and back. I never payed attention to it before.

I need to write a letter to the courts on WHY i want to change my gender, anyone have any idea's?

*edited by Admin* - Please private message user for any help would be appriciated.

Have a great week

Thinker
09-16-2010, 07:42 AM
One thing still confuses, the Dr says he will let me choose where my nipple graphs will be on my chest. Now mind you, im NOT a surgeon so i'm not sure where to put them. i'm guessing that playing around in the mirror will hopefully prove to pick the right spot?

!!!! What?

Based on the time I spent with my surgeon right before surgery, there is a whole mathematical blah-blah-blah involved. He measured and drew on me with a marker and did a little calculation on his paper........explaining to me all the while about proportions and distance from clavicle and sternum, etc...

Has he done this type of surgery before? Is that the method he has always used (letting patients decide)? Perhaps you could call a few other surgeons and ask and then take that info back to your surgeon?

This is an exciting time for you, Sam, so I don't want to rain on anything. Just want to make sure you advocate for yourself... You're paying *him*; it's his work to do. It's going to be impossible for your to pick because your chest will look totally different once tissue is removed.

Thinker

Rufusboi
09-16-2010, 09:29 AM
I need to write a letter to the courts on WHY i want to change my gender, anyone have any idea's?

sam.jankowski@gmail.com for any help would be appriciated.

Have a great week

Sam - Why do you need a letter for the courts to change your gender? I changed everything this summer and never set foot in a courtroom.

What state were you born in? Each state of birth has different rules for changing gender. Let me know and I will try to help you.

Rufusboi

theoddz
09-16-2010, 09:30 AM

I am so looking forward to POST transition.

I see my T doc today, i'm hoping for an increase in T. But who knows.

sam.jankowski@gmail.com for any help would be appriciated.

Have a great week

Sam?? I'd be a little concerned if a doctor who was doing this kind of surgery for me asked me "where I wanted my nipples". Not dis'ing your surgeon, but this doesn't sound good. Thinker's right on target with what he says about it being a sort of mathematical equation about ratios and proportions and such. There is a distinct anatomical difference in proportions when it comes to where a male's nipples are, in respect to where a female's are. If your surgeon is experienced in doing this sort of surgery, he should be the one making those decisions. Is he Board Certified in Plastic, particularly Reconstruction surgery??

That sounds totally strange about the State of Georgia requiring a letter (essay??) from you about WHY you want to change your gender marker!! Are you sure that they just won't accept a letter from your surgeon, post-op, saying that you had irreversible surgery for the sole purpose of permanent sex reassignment (as a treatment for gender dysphoria). It's been my understanding that most states only require an official affidavit from a surgeon saying that you've completed sex reassignment via permanent, irreversible surgery. For us FTMs, top surgery is sufficient for this purpose in most states. I'm not sure if there are still some other states that still look to the standards of MTF surgery and require genital reconstruction.

I found this info on the Mega Family Project's web site (http://www.megafamilyproject.org/informed/trans.html) that might be helpful to you:

"Although the state of Georgia will allow all transpeople to change their names, the state will only reissue birth certificates to transpeople that reflect their current gender identities if they provide proof, in the form of a notarized affidavit from a surgeon, that they are undergoing or have undergone gender-reassignment surgery. However, many transpeople who want their legal documents to reflect their true gender identity either don’t have the money to cover the high cost of surgery or don’t feel surgery is necessary to lead fulfilling lives as transmen or transwomen.

Additionally, in the last few years the Georgia Department of Motor Vehicle Safety has issued a regulation that requires transpeople to show a notarized affidavit of genital surgery to have the sex marker changed on their driver’s license. This policy is enforced unevenly, however, and many times a person who presents with a certified copy of their order for name change and legal change of gender can get their sex marker change, depending on who is working the counter that particular day."

I have my own physician's post-op affidavit that I will post, minus names, of course, if this would be helpful to others here.

Rufusboi
09-16-2010, 10:52 AM
Sam - Here is the information I found on Georgia:

Georgia will change both name and sex, and will issue a new birth certificate rather than amend the old one.

Contact Information:

Vital Records Service
State Dept. of Human Resources
47 Trinity Avenue SW, Room 217-H
Atlanta, GA 30334
(404) 656-4750
Email: GDPHINFO@dhr.state.ga.us

Mr. Michael R. Lavoie
Director, Vital Records Unit
mrl0600@dhr.state.ga.us

Please contact the Legal Section of the Vital Records office (404-656-4901) and ask for instructions for correcting a vital record.

I would give them a call and ask exactly what is needed.

Rufusboi

Sam
09-16-2010, 06:27 PM
Thinker, the surgeon specializes in Trans here in georgia. He did take all the measurements and he will draw everything out at my pre op. i researched this guy and have talked and seen 3 guys that used him and they all look great. he told me to use small round bandaids to position them on my chest as to where i feel my nipples will look best on my chest. this guy is one the best plastic surgeons in ga. i even called our son's plastic surgeons office and they had all great things to say.

kelle came to the appointment with me and she said she thought he was thorough. my buddies chest looks excellent and he said he played around with the bandaids and his pre op they measured and attached his graphs.

Rufus and Theo, i called newton county today and they said the surgeons letter and a letter stating i have been on T for more than 2 years. My birth certificate was issued in NYS.

I had my DL picture updated today, I have been having issues with airport security as of late saying my picture doesnt match up to my looks. Ga issued me a new DL until after my surgery.

And, my dr upted my T today to 1cc every week. Anyone else taking that dose?

Rufusboi
09-17-2010, 06:09 PM
Here's the info I found on New York State.

New York State

See the 2006 update on the Transsexual Road Map site:

www.tsroadmap.com/reality/name/new-york-birth-certificate.html

New York State will change both name and sex, and will issue a new birth certificate.

New York requires more documentation than most states. You must first complete an application which can be obtained from the following address:

State of New York
Department of Health, Vital Records Section
Corning Tower
Empire State Plaza
Albany NY 12237

Return the completed application, with fees as indicated on the application, and the following documents (all "original or certified copy"):
- the court order for name change, bearing the court seal, certified by the clerk of the court. Certified proof of publication is also required. The court order must include original name, date and place of birth.
- the letter from your SRS surgeon, specifying date, place, and type of procedure
- the actual OPERATIVE REPORT from your SRS
- a letter from your primary therapist "documenting true transsexualism or inappropriate sexual identification."
- a letter from your endocrinologist or other medical physician "concerning hormonal, chromosomal or endocrinological information."

Once these documents are received, a "medical review" will be performed, and your new certificate issued. Processing takes approximately three months. One certified copy will be provided following the amendment; any additional copies are $15.00 each.

Mr. Peter Carucci
Director
Vital Records Section
pmc02@health.state.ny.us

Updated information June 2002 for New York State:

It turns out that NYS has two different forms of birth certificate:

(i) a regular "Certificate of Birth" that contains your name, sex, date of birth, time of birth, county/city/town of birth, parent's names, ages and social security numbers, mother's maiden name and address at the date of birth, whether this was a twin birth, etc.

(ii) a much shorter "Certification of Birth" that the Dept of Vital Stats internally calls the "short form", which only contains your name, sex, county/city/town of birth, and date of birth.

The "short form" isn't mentioned anywhere in the paperwork, but is available by simply asking for the "short form" (it costs the same $15 as the long form) when ordering. The short form carries an impressed seal and serves as a legally valid birth certificate just as well as the long form.

The New York State short form can be very useful in cases where both first and last name were legally changed - because it eliminates the incongruity of the child on the certificate having a different last name from the parents (it is also useful in cases where the "father is unknown", etc). Quite a few postops face this problem, which causes unwanted outings if they ever need to use a regular birth certificate.

Rufusboi
09-25-2010, 04:16 PM
Just received my passport today with my gender change. As of today all of my paperwork is complete. I'm official.

I am one happy camper.

Rufus

Sam
10-12-2010, 07:43 PM
hey guys

hows life treating ya'll?

im nearly 2 weeks away from surgery, i have pre op wed the 20th.

i quit smoking this week. it hasnt been as bad as i thought. Propbably cause i gave myself a date and just chucked the pack i had.

but anyway, im getting ready to change my name in the state of ga, i will start the paperwork next week.

i'm ready

Jet
10-12-2010, 07:45 PM
I'm glad for you Sam. I know you're really excited about this.

Paphigleo
10-12-2010, 09:38 PM
Sam, that is awesome!! :goodluck:

On a seperate note, I finally got my T. I got the paper scrip 35 days ago and have spent the intervening time fighting with an online pharmacy who has since lost my business.

Regardless, after all the waiting I'm officially doing something to transition that is more than introspective internallized crap. I was beginning to feel as though I would never get to this point. Now that I am here it is surreal.

Pearls gave me my shot and I didn't even feel it. But of course excitement and restless leg syndrome have me up late.

I hope everyone is well.

Leigh
10-18-2010, 08:43 PM
Today was My first T shot and let Me tell you, I couldnt be happier :D

Thinker
10-18-2010, 10:05 PM
Today was My first T shot and let Me tell you, I couldnt be happier :D

Happy to hear it, Matthew! Congratulations and good luck!!