PDA

View Full Version : Chaz on DWTS

Pages : [1] 2

Write14u
08-30-2011, 09:18 AM
I'm curious about reaction from the community on Chaz Bono's upcoming appearance on Dancing With The Stars.

I'd love to hear opinions on anything, but the thing I'm most curious about is what the queer community thinks about in terms of awareness.

**Will this be a positive thing for the trans community?
**Will it bring positive awareness or be dissected by the media/general population and catologued under "freak". (No disrespect intended there. Just speaking in terms of how JQ Public often views queer)
**Is the awareness raised good regardless of people's general perception?

As for my views, I think it's pretty cool, even though I'm not a huge fan of the show and only watch it randomly. I just wonder what kind of reaction it will get.

Thanks!

iamkeri1
08-30-2011, 10:15 AM
Exposure is good in itself.

Exposure in the media of the full spectrum of gay folk has been instrumental in reforming the opinion of the public regarding gay people. People love Ellen, they love Rachel Maddow, they love "Queer Eye", therefore they give other gay people a chance.

If Chaz dances well and/or behaves well, he will change peoples minds about trans folk. Peoples opinion of him will transfer at least in part to their feelings about others that they perceive to be like him. If they like Chaz, they will give other trans folk a chance.

In general, people don't have a lot of exposure to trans folk, so it they see one it helps form or re-form their opinions about the group in general. The more they see, the more "particular" their opinion becomes. I like THAT trans person, but THAT one is an asshole. Sounds pretty much like they judge all people doesn't it? That's what we want, to be judged like other people, so the more exposure the better.

Personally I think he is a handsome young man, not too mature in his new "self" yet as could be expected in one so newly transitioned. I rarely watch DWTS, but his being there may raise my interest level enough to watch it this season. I wish him well.(f)(f)(f)(f)(f)
Smooches,
Keri

Tawse
08-30-2011, 10:29 AM
Hmmm I've been thinking about this since I first heard the rumour...

I haven't watched the show but here are my thoughts:

If it's population vote off - he will most likely be the first one voted off strictly because the general public just doesn't get it - and right now they don't wanna get it... UNLESS more people hate Nancy Grace - that may be a close one. Of course he may have the entire LGBTQI voting base - so that may help quite a bit as well...

If it's by talent - well he's a bigger boy.. how hard are the first dances? How well have bigger guys / girls fared in the past? And if he is honestly the worst dancer - is the LGBTQI community willing to accept that - or will we be up in arms regardless?

Several thoughts - but I will say that this is the closest I've come to watching DWTS - so if their aim is to increase viewership than they are dead on.

I am humoured however that there are articles out there saying "Chaz Bono to Dance with WOMEN on DWTS"... so many more miles to go

Write14u
08-30-2011, 10:40 AM
Exposure is good in itself.

Exposure in the media of the full spectrum of gay folk has been instrumental in reforming the opinion of the public regarding gay people. People love Ellen, they love Rachel Maddow, they love "Queer Eye", therefore they give other gay people a chance.

That's a good point. I've always been of the notion that people aren't as quick to hate someone they "know" whether it's their son/daughter/other relative or someone they like on TV. I tend to think the exposure is really good in the long run, although in the short term, it could just be mocked.

[QUOTE=Tawse;408734]I am humoured however that there are articles out there saying "Chaz Bono to Dance with WOMEN on DWTS"... so many more miles to go

Agreed. All the speculation centered on who he'd be partnered with. When I first heard it, my reaction was, "Of course he'll be with a woman."

As for the format, I haven't watch it enough to know, but I think it's a combination of judging/voting.

Just_G
08-30-2011, 11:34 AM
Everyone votes the way they do for their own reasons. I didn't vote for Bristol, no matter how well she did because I do not like her mother.

Some people might not vote for him because they don't like Cher and it will have nothing to do with the trans thing.

Hopefully the story they back him up with will be put together well and people will see him as just another dancer on the show. I bet some people don't even have a clue who he is! The ones that do, will see him as in inspiration...and if he makes a difference in one person's life after being on the show, then it was awesome that he was on there!

I don't think he will last long because those dances get pretty complicated and I think he is out of shape for that type of dancing....I am hoping I am wrong though.

I will be pulling for him; I think it is pretty damn cool that they asked him to be on the show!

Greyson
08-30-2011, 12:10 PM
Everyone votes the way they do for their own reasons. I didn't vote for Bristol, no matter how well she did because I do not like her mother.

Some people might not vote for him because they don't like Cher and it will have nothing to do with the trans thing.

Hopefully the story they back him up with will be put together well and people will see him as just another dancer on the show. I bet some people don't even have a clue who he is! The ones that do, will see him as in inspiration...and if he makes a difference in one person's life after being on the show, then it was awesome that he was on there!

I don't think he will last long because those dances get pretty complicated and I think he is out of shape for that type of dancing....I am hoping I am wrong though.

I will be pulling for him; I think it is pretty damn cool that they asked him to be on the show!

Thanks G. I too am wondering about his physical ability. I am a big guy too. I go up and down and I know how much carrying the extra weight and aging can take out of a person.

I like some others think that having a transman come into their homes via TV on a weekly schedule may help change the opinions of some. I was not 100% thrilled with everything Chaz said or did in his documentary. People are humans, even celebrities. I like to think all humans can change, be teachable.

For my own personal stuff, I am looking forward to seeing what Chaz wears. I really like some of the suits I have seen him wearing. I think Chaz is a handsome guy. I would like to think I am handsome too, with the help of some fashion tips.

Write14u
08-30-2011, 01:42 PM
I figure Chaz has to have some dancing ability because nobody just goes on this show if they are horrendous. It's too embarrassing. Plus, I'd like to think he took into account how he wants to represent himself.

I also wonder if the physical nature of the dancing will be what knocks him out. I hope he has twinkle toes and can dance like a dream. I hope the queer community gets behind him and there's lots of positive things to come from this.

And yes, I can't wait to see how Chaz dresses. I like the suits I've seen him in, as well.

Write14u
09-04-2011, 06:55 PM
This was an utterly ridiculous piece on Chaz that a psychiatrist for Fox News team posted. Unbelievable.

HERE (http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011/09/02/dont-let-your-kids-watch-chaz-bono-on-dancing-with-stars/#content)

A couple of articles calling out the good Doctor:

HERE (http://www.mediaite.com/online/fox-news-contributor-dr-keith-ablow-watching-chaz-bono-on-dwts-is-toxic-to-children/)and HERE (http://www.irishcentral.com/story/ent/manhattan_diary/fox-news-psychiatrist-dr-keith-ablow-may-need-to-see-a-shrink-129210433.html)

kannon
09-04-2011, 08:02 PM
I figure Chaz has to have some dancing ability because nobody just goes on this show if they are horrendous. It's too embarrassing. Plus, I'd like to think he took into account how he wants to represent himself.

I also wonder if the physical nature of the dancing will be what knocks him out. I hope he has twinkle toes and can dance like a dream. I hope the queer community gets behind him and there's lots of positive things to come from this.

And yes, I can't wait to see how Chaz dresses. I like the suits I've seen him in, as well.

Poor Kate was as stiff as a board.

EURnLDlPAAY&feature=related

NorCalStud
09-04-2011, 08:50 PM
I never watch the show. I will now. Lets see what they say about ratings boost...hell look at all of us who stand behind Chaz. All kinda of reactions are gonna happen. That is what happens in pioneer country. It is gonna bust loose. I like Chaz cuz he does not carry himself arrogantly. I predict not the first to go... more importantlt when is the First Show. Got no shedyool.

rustedrims
09-04-2011, 10:00 PM
I think some of the entertainment will be comming from the announcers..Maybe stumbling over their words and miss-speaking..Ya know they are doing it for the ratings..This might be pooring gas on a pile of wood and throwing the match to see how big the explosion is..The explosion is the public..Very courious to see how Chaz does..I wish him the best..Tricky moves in some of those dances and i hope he pulls them off..Nancy Grace was mentioned come on when was the last time she did the 2 step..??..I think everyone has an equal chance of winning..I am thinking Chaz isnt going to be the first one to go..

s..

citybutch
09-04-2011, 10:03 PM
You go Chaz. Rock it!

Soft*Silver
09-05-2011, 01:53 AM
this was a very strategic marketing move. DWTS was slipping in ratings and they had to get someone on that would attract newcomers as well as keep veteran viewers. Being gay isnt enuf nowadays to attract mainstream attention. But trans is. Thats MY take as to why they put him on. Also my opinion, is that this is INCREDIBLE! What a great way to expose the general american public about the trans community? Outside of documentaries, which I believe "the choir" watches (as in, singing to the choir), the American public rarely has an opportunity to just sit back and relax and see someone be "real". And this is Sonny and Cher's kid, for heavens sake. The majority of America grew up watching them on tv, buying their music, and seeing Chaz grow up. This brings it home to them. Chaz is the American public's kid...the nation as a collective whole is getting the chance to process, which in turn should make it easier on the individual level whenever they encounter someone who is transitioning in their personal worlds.

I am so glad this is happening!

princessbelle
09-05-2011, 06:13 AM
this was a very strategic marketing move. DWTS was slipping in ratings and they had to get someone on that would attract newcomers as well as keep veteran viewers. Being gay isnt enuf nowadays to attract mainstream attention. But trans is. Thats MY take as to why they put him on. Also my opinion, is that this is INCREDIBLE! What a great way to expose the general american public about the trans community? Outside of documentaries, which I believe "the choir" watches (as in, singing to the choir), the American public rarely has an opportunity to just sit back and relax and see someone be "real". And this is Sonny and Cher's kid, for heavens sake. The majority of America grew up watching them on tv, buying their music, and seeing Chaz grow up. This brings it home to them. Chaz is the American public's kid...the nation as a collective whole is getting the chance to process, which in turn should make it easier on the individual level whenever they encounter someone who is transitioning in their personal worlds.

I am so glad this is happening!

Totally agree with this!!!! Chaz may not have it all together and he may not be a totally perfect spokesperson at all, but, he is at least in the position to call attention to "us". I expect at the very least talking in homes, at work, among friends. Exposure is a start. Knowing we are here is a start. I am very happy about this.

IMO most people won't ever acklowledge and or accept and vote for change with us, if they don't see who we really are. I see this as a very good thing. It is an "in" into homes that is hard to come by.

theoddz
09-05-2011, 07:00 AM
I'm all for Chaz doing this and he's got 150% of my support. He's been very courageous in making his transition directly in front of the public eye. To me, that's ballz!! Doing this gig on DWTS takes even more courage. He's already taking the hits, as evidenced by that idiotic Faux News commentator in the article links posted above.

I'm a big guy, too and even though I don't have Chaz's youth, I also don't have his "star" power, either. Physically, I'm sure it's going to be challenging for him, but psychologically, even moreso. Since he first announced his transition, nearly everything about his life, personal and public, has been under the microscope and up for scrutiny by some of the most rabid homophobes and transphobes around, famous and not-so-famous alike. Chaz standing up and putting himself (and those like us) out there is just downright courageous and admirable in every sense. I, surely, couldn't do that.

Yeah, I'll be watching......and cheering him on!!! :winky::clap:

~Theo~ :bouquet:

AtLast
09-05-2011, 07:05 AM
Interesting piece on Cher responding to the early bigoted statements about Chaz appearing on the show-

http://jezebel.com/5836513/cher-lashes-out-at-the-stupid-bigots-attacking-her-son

I wish him the best, yet also wonder about his physical fitness for this kind of dance- it ain't easy and takes stamina! Who knows, maybe he is working on his health and weight and will appear later in the season. They all get dance lessons and have workouts. He (pre-transitioning) was also on "The Biggest Loser" some years ago- I appreciate that he gets out there and exposes his vulnerabilities and has in so many ways. Not an easy thing to do- I think it is very different to get out there outside of our familiar and much safer "communities" and say hello.

This will bring many kinds of responses as this show cuts across a lot of populations in viewership. Hopefully, this exposure in a kind of mainstream situation will bring more positive awareness.

Sachita
09-05-2011, 07:19 AM
Interesting piece on Cher responding to the early bigoted statements about Chaz appearing on the show-

http://jezebel.com/5836513/cher-lashes-out-at-the-stupid-bigots-attacking-her-son

I wish him the best, yet also wonder about his physical fitness for this kind of dance- it ain't easy and takes stamina! Who knows, maybe he is working on his health and weight and will appear later in the season. They all get dance lessons and have workouts. He (pre-transitioning) was also on "The Biggest Loser" some years ago- I appreciate that he gets out there and exposes his vulnerabilities and has in so many ways. Not an easy thing to do- I think it is very different to get out there outside of our familiar and much safer "communities" and say hello.

This will bring many kinds of responses as this show cuts across a lot of populations in viewership. Hopefully, this exposure in a kind of mainstream situation will bring more positive awareness.

I think his health will be a huge factor. I hope he is preparing himself and will take this in consideration. Worse case it will be a positive more healthy move for him. Also I agree with exposure but honestly I'm not sure the public is affected by it.

I did happen to finally catch the MTV awards last night and thought Lady Gaga was great in drag. It was an excellent precursor to her "thanks" and addressing the entire gender community.

Ebon
09-05-2011, 08:10 AM
I think he will do well. He knows that everyone is watching him so hopefully he will make it a point to give it his best shot.

Why are these people so feeble minded? They don't even think they just react with fear and ignorance. I hope people vote for him. I don't like these shows but I may watch it just for support. Now I know how my family felt when they got excited that there was a black person on Jeopardy back in the day.

AtLast
09-05-2011, 08:37 AM
I think his health will be a huge factor. I hope he is preparing himself and will take this in consideration. Worse case it will be a positive more healthy move for him. Also I agree with exposure but honestly I'm not sure the public is affected by it.

I did happen to finally catch the MTV awards last night and thought Lady Gaga was great in drag. It was an excellent precursor to her "thanks" and addressing the entire gender community.

me, too- on lady gaga!

As someone that has been partner dancing for a few years now, he will find his weight a problem. It is very hard on the knees and people I dance with are always trying to drop weight if they need to in order to help with this wear and tear (literally- miniscus tears are prevalent in dancing with a partner and syncronizing) But, I'm 60 and have 3 kinds of arthritis and have been able to take- instruction with dance coaches that work with people like me and make great progress. But I will never achieve at a high level- but it is about so much more- like having great fun!!! Those "moves" are not easy and if one is a trained lead, there is a lot to master. Dance is an athletic endeavor as well as artful and really good for getting in shape. It also can change one's entire relationship to one's body in very positive ways including body image, confidence, balance and just general endurance.

He can really have a good time with this aside from being on the show and really I love the idea of a transperson taking this on- but I also am hoping he gets what dance can bring to people with self-care. I guess I want this to not just be about media hype or even trans politics- I want there to be a whole lot for Chaz as a person in this.

Funny, DWTS is not something I watch, even as I have enjoyed finding partner dancing (especially queer partner dancing). But, I am going to watch it now- want to help get the "vote" out (like Ebon)! Also, I bet there will be many counter-Tweet situations to bozo bigots.

Tommi
09-05-2011, 08:52 AM
You go Chaz. Rock it!

You can Go here to vote (http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2011/09/chaz-bono-working-out-like-a-madman-for-dancing-with-the-stars/)

It's at 54% in His Favor.

Cher comes out for Chaz
Cher Slams Bigots, Rallies Support For Chaz Bono on Dancing With the Stars
September 1st, 2011 7:09 AM by Free Britney

Upset by the harsh criticism of Chaz Bono being cast on Dancing With the Stars, his famous mom is rallying to transgendered contestant's defense.

Cher, who fully backed Chaz's decision to become a man, offered overwhelming support of Chaz on Twitter and urged her followers to do the same, writing:

"Lovelies! Chaz is Being Viciously Attacked on Blogs & Message boards about being on DWTS! This is Still America right? It took guts 2 do it."

"I support him no matter what he chooses 2do! God! will here always be haters! It took COURAGE 2 do dwts! TG Chaz has Unlimited supply."

AtLast
09-05-2011, 09:02 AM
You can Go here to vote (http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2011/09/chaz-bono-working-out-like-a-madman-for-dancing-with-the-stars/)

It's at 54% in His Favor.

Cher comes out for Chaz
Cher Slams Bigots, Rallies Support For Chaz Bono on Dancing With the Stars
September 1st, 2011 7:09 AM by Free Britney

Upset by the harsh criticism of Chaz Bono being cast on Dancing With the Stars, his famous mom is rallying to transgendered contestant's defense.

Cher, who fully backed Chaz's decision to become a man, offered overwhelming support of Chaz on Twitter and urged her followers to do the same, writing:

"Lovelies! Chaz is Being Viciously Attacked on Blogs & Message boards about being on DWTS! This is Still America right? It took guts 2 do it."

"I support him no matter what he chooses 2do! God! will here always be haters! It took COURAGE 2 do dwts! TG Chaz has Unlimited supply."

Just voted on this link- thanks for posting it! He is seriously trying to get in shape for this- and maybe all of us voting on just this blog could help him out with all the bigoted garbage that has been floating around. GO VOTE!!!

Chaz on Dancing With the Stars: What's your take? (http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2011/09/chaz-bono-working-out-like-a-madman-for-dancing-with-the-stars/)

Look at this! The assbites are winning!!! VOTE in support of him!!!

Thanks for voting!
54.5%

I fully support Chaz and ABC!
17.0%

It undermines American values!
28.5%
Who cares, it's Dancing with the Stars?!?
Total Votes: 3799
Read more celebrity gossip at: http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2011/09/chaz-bono-working-out-like-a-madman-for-dancing-with-the-stars/#ixzz1X5f754WC

GO Chaz!!!

The_Lady_Snow
09-05-2011, 09:33 AM
Humanity never ceases to amaze me with their gross comments and antiquated ideas about how children are going to react to Chazz dancing with a woman. DUH who else would he dance with? Plus if your 5 year old is up watching Dancing With The Stars perhaps you should take a look at your parenting skills and ask yourself why is my child who is still developing not getting ready for bed and rest time?

There is no *gay agenda* that's being plotted to pervert or pursuade your Barbie playing daughter to leave the Dream House and start working on cars, though if she doesn't know about cars perhaps these parent should take the time and teach their daughter about changing a tire in case anything happens when she's out on the road.

I am also AMAZED on how some of these concerned parents weren't throwing fits when Kendra Wilkinson was on there FFS she was in a polyamorous relationship with the kindgof all things perverted Hugh Heffner, I didn't see all these concerned parents wondering how they were going to explain Kendra's stripper pole dancing moves to them. I certainly didn't see the same hoopla happen when Pam Anderson was on there and she has an infamous sex tape as did Kim Kardashian. These people men and women are not the poster people for all things pure.

I'm curious to see how the sexist douche bag judge Bruno Tonioli reacts towards Chazz he was pretty gross with Ralph Macchio about how he wasn't man enough to handle his dancing partner.

As for Chazz weight or lack of shape he is in, there have been A LOT of DWTS *so called stars* that were not slender and lost A LOT of weight and have managed to keep it off. I hope that is the case for him if that is what he WANTS. His dancing can't be no worse than these past participants:

Bristol Palin--SUCKED!! who btw came in 3rd cause she kept getting votes even though she SUCKED

Pam Anderson--SUCKED!!

Mike *The Situation*--SUCKED AND HE's a DOUCHEBAG

Kendra Wilkinson-- SUCKED AND SHE WHINED

Kate from Kate + 8= SUCKED

I could go on and on. I'll watch cause I love Ricky Lake!!! I'll vote for Chazz because I'll be damned if I watch him get chased out cause some folks don't know how to explain to their children that gender is fluid and Chazz is just a guy who wants to dance.

Ebon
09-05-2011, 09:44 AM
Humanity never ceases to amaze me with their gross comments and antiquated ideas about how children are going to react to Chazz dancing with a woman. DUH who else would he dance with? Plus if your 5 year old is up watching Dancing With The Stars perhaps you should take a look at your parenting skills and ask yourself why is my child who is still developing not getting ready for bed and rest time?

There is no *gay agenda* that's being plotted to pervert or pursuade your Barbie playing daughter to leave the Dream House and start working on cars, though if she doesn't know about cars perhaps these parent should take the time and teach their daughter about changing a tire in case anything happens when she's out on the road.

I am also AMAZED on how some of these concerned parents weren't throwing fits when Kendra Wilkinson was on there FFS she was in a polyamorous relationship with the kindgof all things perverted Hugh Heffner, I didn't see all these concerned parents wondering how they were going to explain Kendra's stripper pole dancing moves to them. I certainly didn't see the same hoopla happen when Pam Anderson was on there and she has an infamous sex tape as did Kim Kardashian. These people men and women are not the poster people for all things pure.

I'm curious to see how the sexist douche bag judge Bruno Tonioli reacts towards Chazz he was pretty gross with Ralph Macchio about how he wasn't man enough to handle his dancing partner.

As for Chazz weight or lack of shape he is in, there have been A LOT of DWTS *so called stars* that were not slender and lost A LOT of weight and have managed to keep it off. I hope that is the case for him if that is what he WANTS. His dancing can't be no worse than these past participants:

Bristol Palin--SUCKED!! who btw came in 3rd cause she kept getting votes even though she SUCKED

Pam Anderson--SUCKED!!

Mike *The Situation*--SUCKED AND HE's a DOUCHEBAG

Kendra Wilkinson-- SUCKED AND SHE WHINED

Kate from Kate + 8= SUCKED

I could go on and on. I'll watch cause I love Ricky Lake!!! I'll vote for Chazz because I'll be damned if I watch him get chased out cause some folks don't know how to explain to their children that gender is fluid and Chazz is just a guy who wants to dance.

Like the kids know the difference anyway. Kids see a man or a woman.

Rockinonahigh
09-05-2011, 09:52 AM
I voted.I just hope the folks who voted negatively one of these days take a deep breath and just get over themselves,I mean this is 2011 ..we are suposed to be liveing in a modern world where being part of the colective isnt the way its is any more.Individuality is what makes the world go around,if we were the same what a boreing plce we would live in.Chaz has done something becomeing who he wanted to be..how many people can say that and be at peace with it?No mater where we go or what we do there will always be someone who wont feel the same as the next person,all Ican say is if you dont like how anyone lives there life just move on and do your own thing somewhere else.Go Chaz!

Sachita
09-05-2011, 10:26 AM
I'm sorry I didn't mean to make a comment about his weight like that. I meant that while watching him on interviews and such this past year he was having difficulty even breathing. I would love to see him go the duration and kick some serious ass. In fact I'll be sure to vote and if I lived in his town I'd personally go there and bring him fresh organic veggie juice, salads and vitamins to help him kick that serious ass.

I agree there are some people that are a waste of time on the show. More then anything I would love to see him win and a big FUCK YOU to bigots.

The_Lady_Snow
09-05-2011, 10:32 AM
I'm sorry I didn't mean to make a comment about his weight like that. I meant that while watching him on interviews and such this past year he was having difficulty even breathing. I would love to see him go the duration and kick some serious ass. In fact I'll be sure to vote and if I lived in his town I'd personally go there and bring him fresh organic veggie juice, salads and vitamins to help him kick that serious ass.

I agree there are some people that are a waste of time on the show. More then anything I would love to see him win and a big FUCK YOU to bigots.

Oh I know you didn't mean anything ugly by it, the Kardashian boy is on there cause he is over 200 lbs and this is the heaviest he's been so he liked the idea of DWTS helping him out with that which btw I think it's great I know when my big ass goes dancing I come home sore as hell and tired. Kelly Osbourne lost weight and has kept it off so if that is his goal to be healthy I hope DWTS gives him that opportunity!:)

Cowboi
09-05-2011, 10:49 AM
I have never watched DWTS. I am this year thought!!!!!

Gemme
09-05-2011, 10:50 AM
I'm curious about reaction from the community on Chaz Bono's upcoming appearance on Dancing With The Stars.

I'd love to hear opinions on anything, but the thing I'm most curious about is what the queer community thinks about in terms of awareness.

**Will this be a positive thing for the trans community?
**Will it bring positive awareness or be dissected by the media/general population and catologued under "freak". (No disrespect intended there. Just speaking in terms of how JQ Public often views queer)
**Is the awareness raised good regardless of people's general perception?

As for my views, I think it's pretty cool, even though I'm not a huge fan of the show and only watch it randomly. I just wonder what kind of reaction it will get.

Thanks!

Will it raise awareness? Absolutely. Now, whether it's positive or negative depends on how well Chaz is able to cope with the crap thrown at him by the show as well as the viewers and asshats in general and also how the show spins things. If there are no 'ooopsie' moments with pronouns and whatnot and they address him respectfully, I think it could sow a seed of acceptance in the viewers. However, if the show goes the way of ratings scavaging, then it might not turn out so well.

There have been some larger contestants in previous seasons that have gone for quite a while on the show. It all comes down to Chaz. He's got a tremendous weight on his shoulders right now, as all eyes will be turned to him. Those against him will be looking for the slightest misstep (pun intended) and those in our community could be looking to him as a role model, which is not only casting extreme pressure on the guy but could be potentially damaging to him and our community, depending on the outcome. He's been in the spotlight all his life, so I hope that he's got the coping skills in line that he'll need to proceed.

Personally, I hope he kicks ass and that Lacey's nice to him. As she has progressed on DWTS she's gotten meaner, but that's another story.

Galahad
09-05-2011, 10:53 AM
One really great thing is going to come out of all this uproar. Kids will be learning about it, little pitchers really do have big ears. I expect to hear about it on the playground any day. This is going to help more kids see themselves and their options in a positive light.

Quintease
09-05-2011, 11:18 AM
OMG... I am so horrified by this! http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011/09/02/dont-let-your-kids-watch-chaz-bono-on-dancing-with-stars/ :|

(oops, just noticed it's already been posted. I could barely read it however, it is awful!)

Soft*Silver
09-05-2011, 12:05 PM
so what if Chaz is a husky fella? Kirstie Alley was just on there and transformed right in front of us! He is an inspiration for all of us who need to get in better shape! Go Chaz!

Sachita
09-05-2011, 02:56 PM
OMG... I am so horrified by this! http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011/09/02/dont-let-your-kids-watch-chaz-bono-on-dancing-with-stars/ :|

(oops, just noticed it's already been posted. I could barely read it however, it is awful!)

I posted this on my facebook page and very proud that my son decided to share it on his and make commentary to support.

J. Mason
09-05-2011, 07:29 PM
I am gonna watch it this time but only cuz he is on it.

I don't see why there has to be so much controversy of it anyways but thats just me.

RavynTuqiri
09-05-2011, 07:45 PM
I watched "Becoming Chaz" on the OWN network and marveled at his courage to be so public with something that can be so very private....during this I was curious about what would Cher's reaction be and to be honest was a little disappointed by her responses, but understandably acceptance is also a private journey one takes....

When I heard the announcement and the ensuing horrendous commentary on Chaz joining DWTS, I was like wow...this guy has bigger balls than any bio guy I know. Granted I agree with other posts that this was a strategic move to garner more ratings, Chaz didn't have to accept...knowing full well he would be in the spotlight again. Can only imagine that after so recently transitioning, the focus of the day might be more on just living a normal life for the first time...

Was happy to see Cher come out so strongly in support for her son. I hope Chaz kicks some serious ass and retains that cheerful demeanor and quiet statement of "this is just who I am...deal with it"

theoddz
09-06-2011, 07:26 PM
Some nice soul posted a link to this woman's blog on Chaz Bono's Facebook page because she wanted him to see it. I guess, otherwise, he might miss it altogether. I thought it was a fantastic letter about "traditional values" and I think it deserves a posting here. I have to admit, I did make an email out of it and I sent to to my folks. They have stood beside me, as one family, throughout my own transition. I wanted to them to know how much I appreciated their support.

Here's the letter:

Dear Chaz Bono,

I suppose my family is what you would call a “traditional” family. I am heterosexual, married, have a young child, one on the way, and two dogs. We have also altered our financial lifestyle so that I can stay home with our children while they are very young and my husband works.

I am protective of my child, and careful of the people, things, and ideas I let into my home.

I am starting to realize as I age, that I have very traditional values.

I value honor. Integrity in one’s beliefs and actions is something I hope to teach my son.

I value dignity. True dignity requires self respect, and people who respect themselves tend to respect others.

I value truth. Lies diminish a person and the people being lied to.

I value family. Having and creating a unit that loves and supports one another is the root system to living an honest, healthy life.

I value standing up for your rights. That’s a tradition this country was founded on.

I value change. This is one of the oldest traditions of all. It’s the only constant. It’s the path to evolution… to growth.

I value courage. It takes great strength of character to stand up despite great opposition.

I hear you are going to dance. I’ve never been a big fan of Dancing With The Stars – as a former dancer, I never quite caught on to the craze of watching people who aren’t quite so good at it. But I will say dancing is good for the soul. It also takes a lot of courage to do it in front of millions.

I also hear that many are appalled at your appearance on the show. Some even quote bible verses, and cry “sin” and “abomination”. I’m not against the tradition of picking and choosing what’s useful from the bible. People have done that since the beginning. I guess the question is – what’s useful?

I pick turning the other cheek.

I pick treating others how I would want to be treated.

I pick compassion.

Through the years I’ve gathered that at the core of most religions, and those older than Christianity, is the goal of becoming a better person not a better judge.

Like I said, I’m careful of the people, things, and ideas that I let into my home.

Would you like to come to dinner?

I’m guessing since my value system makes me pretty traditional…

It makes you pretty traditional too.

Jenny Chiu
http://mommynanibooboo.com/life/dear-chaz-bono-i-guess-im-pretty-traditional/

I hope Chaz sees that and takes her up for dinner at her house!!!! :winky::thumbsup:

Write14u
09-07-2011, 01:40 PM
Here (http://photos.masslive.com/republican/2011/09/chaz_bono_lacey_schwimmer.html)'s a practice gallery shot of Chaz I found while looking for the start date, which is Sept. 19-20, btw.

I'll definitely be voting for someone for the first time. Usually I've just watched while I worked because it was what was on the tube. Now, I'm interested and will be following to see how people treat it.

There have been a lot of trans issues I've seen in the paper lately, mostly having to do with young children (10 or younger). This has the potential to be a great thing for these children who are struggling with identity, particularly if DWTS and Chaz just take it in stride and go, if you know what I mean. Just let him be a guy that's trying to compete.

Corkey
09-07-2011, 01:53 PM
Just voted on this link- thanks for posting it! He is seriously trying to get in shape for this- and maybe all of us voting on just this blog could help him out with all the bigoted garbage that has been floating around. GO VOTE!!!

Chaz on Dancing With the Stars: What's your take? (http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2011/09/chaz-bono-working-out-like-a-madman-for-dancing-with-the-stars/)

Look at this! The assbites are winning!!! VOTE in support of him!!!

Thanks for voting!
54.5%

17.0%

28.5%
Total Votes: 3799
Read more celebrity gossip at: http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2011/09/chaz-bono-working-out-like-a-madman-for-dancing-with-the-stars/#ixzz1X5f754WC

GO Chaz!!!

New numbers are in

55.9%
16.5%
27.6%
Total Votes: 4579

:hangloose:

starryeyes
09-07-2011, 02:37 PM
I personally think it is great that Chaz in on DWTS, but am disappointed with America's reaction. "Gay" has only become mainstream in the past 10 years or so, which is fairly recent. When I say mainstream, I mean shows like Will and Grace, Queer Eye and other popular shows that make the straighties feel warm and fuzzy... and are often stereotypical. This is a whole new ballgame. An FTM is definitely not mainstream and definitely misunderstood. I think it is ground breaking and I am proud to be a part of the community during this time.. and I hope that this can help catapult our community to a deeper understanding with mainstream America. I know there is going to be a lot of backlash... but I think it will end up opening a few more minds. Even if it opens only one, I think we have won.

As far as the Lady Gaga thing? I think most people who know nothing about the trans community took it as her dressing in a costume and entertaining... nothing more. I really don't even think it has any more clout than that, for myself personally. I wasn't very impressed. That's my opinion.

Sachita
09-07-2011, 02:43 PM
I think Lady Gaga presented a nonthreatening gender bending platform. Curious and lighthearted. She clearly supports the queer community with intelligent and artistic statements.

Sachita
09-07-2011, 02:45 PM
New numbers are in

55.9%
16.5%
27.6%
Total Votes: 4579

:hangloose:

I think this is great! Rather then a high rating freak show a venue to show support for diversity.

Dominique
09-07-2011, 03:10 PM
I think Lady Gaga presented a nonthreatening gender bending platform. Curious and lighthearted. She clearly supports the queer community with intelligent and artistic statements.

Our local news gave lady Gaga some coverage and they
politely referred to her performance as her alter ego.

I agree it was lighthearted. I just wifh she would have omitted that cigarette scene. (my .02)

Quintease
09-08-2011, 05:28 PM
Oo, an 'Action Alert' (http://sdgln.com/causes/2011/09/06/action-alert-two-leading-civil-rights-activists-want-you-support-chaz-bono-viewing-partie) in LA..

DapperButch
09-08-2011, 07:24 PM
Oo, an 'Action Alert' (http://sdgln.com/causes/2011/09/06/action-alert-two-leading-civil-rights-activists-want-you-support-chaz-bono-viewing-partie) in LA..

The TMZ video was great. Thanks for posting!

Gemme
09-09-2011, 04:57 PM

Our own Lips is mentioned in this article!!!!!

Yay for our community!!!!

EnderD_503
09-09-2011, 07:51 PM
Honestly, I'm not sure that all the exposure Chaz is getting is doing any good, and I'm more inclined to think it's doing harm. I don't like the image he portrayed of transguys on Becoming Chaz, or that he seems to be acting as the spokesperson/poster boy for transguys and trans people in general. I really do wonder why he chose to go on the show, and if it had anything to do with with his coming out/his documentary and so on to gain more publicity for himself and his book/doc. I've never watched the show, nor do I have an interest in it, but I've already seen the bigoted reactions at work when people read about him and his participation in the newspapers. It doesn't make things any better for me in the work place, and seems to give people more incentive to talk passive aggressive shit about "people who *think* they're men" as though, "oh yeah, we're just discussing the news." If it was simply people's bigotry and he was actually doing some good for trans rights, that would be fine. But he isn't, and his image/personality isn't helping. I would prefer activism, even if it creates difficult situations for transfolks not interested in remaining "stealth" or "passing" as "normal," to occur on a level that truly does raise awareness on sex/gender diversity, rather than seem to make a mockery of transguys on some tv show. As though we don't have enough tv show episodes making mockeries of us (seems like the "thing to do" for crime shows, anyway).

If he were someone who seemed interested in portraying an image of transmen that didn't live up to the macho, misogynist male stereotype already peddled, that would be a nice start. I don't think him remaining in the spotlight is going to make things any better for transguys in the world. I would prefer to see more shows like Transformation, that aired on Global, TransGenerationand Our America. At least they seek to educate, and provide a diversity of trans experiences.

As far as the comments people made online about his participation. Not exactly a shock, unfortunately.

weatherboi
09-10-2011, 06:43 PM
Standing On The Side Of My Man, Chaz Bono!
By Russell Simmons September 7, 2011

The first time I saw Chaz Bono she went by the name Chastity and I was moving into her mother, Cher's, house in New York's Greenwich Village as her mother was moving out. Chas (as she was known as then) had long blonde hair, was in a band and looked like a pretty young woman.

When Chastity began her transition (which by the way is the title of his book) from female to male and became known as Chaz, my first thought was "Good for her..er, him. Whatever makes him happy" and I didn't think anything more of it. It also didn't turn my head when I heard Chaz was going to be on Dancing With the Stars, partnering with a female.

To each their own. But what did get my attention was reports of public outcries for boycotts of Dancing With The Stars, protests and hate mail being slammed at both ABC and Chaz himself.

This, I thought to myself, is sadly what America, in many ways, still is... A far cry from my own insular reality of progressive friends, co-workers and neighborhood big city folk who have seen it all, embrace change and stand as beacons for tolerance.

Only a few months ago, New York City, the biggest melting pot in the world, passed the same sex marriage bill which was a long time coming. And we have many more states to go before we can call America a gay friendly country.

When you throw in the transgender lifestyle and all that it implies, many people still view that as a choice (and a sinful one at that).

Personally, I cannot imagine anyone waking up one morning and saying to themselves "Hey! Today I think it would be cool to book an appointment to have my breasts removed and take hormone shots to grow a beard!" just because they are bored.

So, when I heard about the call for parents to NOT allow their children to watch Chaz compete as a man with a female partner on Dancing With The Stars, I felt compelled to throw my public support to Chaz Bono and ALL transgendered people.

I have made it my business to visit homeless shelters for LGBT teens and have heard their stories first hand of the struggles they endure to be accepted or to simply survive.

Transgender youth often suffer from depression, victimization, harassment, discrimination, sexual assaults, beatings, taunting and are even more prone to being victims of homicide.

Over at Lauras-Playground.com, a support site for transsexuals, transgender and crossdressers, 50% of their users 13 and up have had at least one suicide attempt by their 20th birthday! Some trans people find themselves so desperate to change their bodies that they will self-mutilate ..specifically engaging in genital mutilation.

Transsexuals have been known to cut off their breasts and penises just to feel whole.

That is what judgment does. That is what fear does. That is what hatred does.

The call for a DWTS boycott is a dangerous step backwards in our quest for human liberation and equality.

Instead of embracing the courageous act of both Chaz and ABC for showcasing the first transgender celebrity to join the cast of of DWTS and using it as a way to send a clear message of tolerance and love to the millions of viewers who watch, intolerant people/groups are instead using ABC's progressive choice to instill fear into parents' minds.

Sadly, these very parents may very well have their own Chastity/Chaz at home desperately looking for a sign that says "I'm OK." Or perhaps the parent that makes the choice to not watch the show is a school teacher who has a little Mark who believes he is in Mary's body sitting in their classroom with nobody else to turn to.

A viewer could easily be that child's doctor, nurse, psychiatrist, family counselor, camp leader, etc. A viewer could be the very person that could be the voice that talks that child down from the ledge when puberty hits and that child is the most vulnerable and most likely to end their own life.

If children are gently led to having open minds and open hearts they will, in my opinion, be stronger, more spiritual happy adults.

There is no harm, in my opinion, for children to understand that some kids have two moms, some have two dads, some are adopted, some don't have any parents at all and yes, some even have a dad that used to be their mom.

-Russell Simmons

Novelafemme
09-10-2011, 06:52 PM
i'm with cowboi...i've never watched the show before either but i will be this season. i walked by chaz's restaurant in long beach while i was there this past week and was reminded how far we have come and what a poignant time period we are living in. it's pretty exciting and i am in full support of him!

Julie
09-10-2011, 06:57 PM
Thank You Grant for posting this great article by Russell Simmons on Chaz and on all of our community. It does the heart good to read such inspiring and hopeful articles from people such as Russell.

Also - because of the article... I just found Laura's Playground - WOW.... I am just speechless.

http://lauras-playground.com/

Julie

The_Lady_Snow
09-10-2011, 07:00 PM
Simmons is one cool cat! Whata great human being!

ruffryder
09-10-2011, 07:30 PM
I am gonna watch it this time but only cuz he is on it.

I don't see why there has to be so much controversy of it anyways but thats just me.

I usually watch DWTS. I agree J. I don't get all the controversy either. That's just America for you. I don't think Chaz wanted controversy over this. The guy just wants to dance. Lots of sports figures, politicians, musicians, celebrities are a part of DWTS. It is something he wants to do. Let the dude dance and leave it at that! Cher said she would not be in the audience and not because she doesn't support him but because she didn't want to take away from his fame and time! I say go Chaz! Enjoy buddy!

Write14u
09-12-2011, 02:33 PM
Found this online, which pretty much summed up what we thought might be the case for Chaz in terms of actual competition. I know with my size, I'd be hard pressed to do what he's doing. (I'm not even gonna mention my lack of rhythm. LOL)

This is from Lacey Schwimmer, his pro dancing partner (credit to Yahoo):

How is Chaz doing in rehearsals so far?
"He's picking up choreography very easily, but his stamina was very low. So we’ve been putting him through drills that will make him stronger in the competition. It’s all about him being able to breathe and get through a full dance."

ruffryder
09-12-2011, 03:14 PM
This starts tonight .. Yes ??

It's gonna be a switching of the channels with MNF also.

Looks like a night of tv.. yeahh buddy! :cheer:

Write14u
09-12-2011, 03:21 PM
It starts next Monday. (Which still means you'll be switching from MNF) LOL

Corkey
09-12-2011, 05:10 PM
I'm so not a star struck kind of guy, lived around the "stars" for most of my life. I can tell you the ones I've met are down to earth and quite pragmatic about the industry. None of them ever once thought of themselves as a role model. They were and are just people. The minute we start placing people in the industry on a pedestal, we loose our own since of being. They are no better, no worse than the rest of us.
Chaz is not my role model, he's a human being just like the rest of us. If he wants to dance, fine let him dance, no problem. Don't put him on some sort of cloud because he's just like the rest of us, looking for acceptance.

The_Lady_Snow
09-12-2011, 05:49 PM
Chaz put himself out there as an advocate, so him being in the limelight on TV may it just may let one kid out there they are ok and not sick, or may not feel so suicidal. He's just a guy who's gonna dance like all the other guys on there..

Write14u
09-13-2011, 02:53 PM
Corkey, I agree with you about role models to a degree. Having been in the sports world all my life, I can promise you few athletes cast themselves as a role model. However, with our society, that is how they are seen. So whether a celeb or athlete wants to be a role model, they're going to be seen that way, and their conduct is going to be held up in either a positive or negative way.

For example, I always found it ridiculous that college athletes were blasted for displaying the same type of behavior as the general college population (going out, drinking, etc.) However, for athletes, they represent a university, and later possibly a professional organization) and have to keep a higher standard (or keep it way on the DL).

While celebs don't represent anyone in particular, they are going to be viewed as role models, good or bad. When you step into the limelight as an advocate because of your fame or status, then you do bear the responsibility to be a role model, wanted or not. Chaz and many others, such as Ellen, have already accepted that fact. Chaz has long been an advocate for the queer community. Right or wrong, like it or not, for now ... the transgender community is going to be judged by how Chaz presents himself, and I think he's fully aware of this.

Celebs and athletes and other famous figures are just humans. They shouldn't be elevated and put on pedestals for their talents, but sadly they are. While I think many are to be admired, they're not the people I consider role models, but that's not how everyone works.

Corkey
09-13-2011, 03:35 PM
Corkey, I agree with you about role models to a degree. Having been in the sports world all my life, I can promise you few athletes cast themselves as a role model. However, with our society, that is how they are seen. So whether a celeb or athlete wants to be a role model, they're going to be seen that way, and their conduct is going to be held up in either a positive or negative way.

For example, I always found it ridiculous that college athletes were blasted for displaying the same type of behavior as the general college population (going out, drinking, etc.) However, for athletes, they represent a university, and later possibly a professional organization) and have to keep a higher standard (or keep it way on the DL).

While celebs don't represent anyone in particular, they are going to be viewed as role models, good or bad. When you step into the limelight as an advocate because of your fame or status, then you do bear the responsibility to be a role model, wanted or not. Chaz and many others, such as Ellen, have already accepted that fact. Chaz has long been an advocate for the queer community. Right or wrong, like it or not, for now ... the transgender community is going to be judged by how Chaz presents himself, and I think he's fully aware of this.

Celebs and athletes and other famous figures are just humans. They shouldn't be elevated and put on pedestals for their talents, but sadly they are. While I think many are to be admired, they're not the people I consider role models, but that's not how everyone works.

Not how I work either, I know Chaz is doing a wonderful thing, but that's a hella lot of pressure on anyone. Advocacy is great, applaud it 100%, I just have to wonder about the backlash. He's had quite a privileged life for the most part and yep he's made his fair share of mistakes. Not all our youth are going to have the wherewith all to even get SRS surgery. Something is just not sitting right with me and it may just be the way society at large is being such a@@'s about him dancing on a friggen show. It really isn't reality and it sure isn't something most people will ever do in their lives. Hollywood is full of fake people, fake lives, fake expectations. I just hope this isn't one of them. Not that Chaz is fake, not saying that at all.

The_Lady_Snow
09-14-2011, 09:42 AM
Talking to My 10-Year-Old About Chaz Bono

For this Encino mom, discussing Dancing With the Stars' controversial transgender contestant was far easier than other issues provoked by media.

My 10-year-old daughter, Lily, is a big fan of Dancing With the Stars. She discovered the show last year while channel surfing, which I was thrilled about, simply because it wasn’t another snarky tween sitcom.
Of the 12 stars competing last season, she initially had heard only of Chelsea Kane from the Disney Channel’s Jonas L.A., and Kirsty Alley from the Jenny Craig commercials. By the show’s mid-point, however, Lily had strong opinions about everybody. She said Alley, who wound up in second place, was the most fun. She also liked Pittsburg Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward and agreed he deserved to win.

Kendra Wilkinson, eliminated in week seven, bugged her because she was always flaunting her voluptuous body. But then again, 10-year-old girls weren’t what the audience producers were after in casting Hugh Hefner’s former girlfriend and mansion mate.

The only person Lily truly disliked though was judge Bruno Tonioli. She actually does a pretty good impression of the Italian choreographer flailing his arms and salivating, “that was so SEXY!” Fortunately, neither of us caught the episode where ABC censors bleeped him for the way he described Ralph Macchio’s handling of partner Karina Smirnoff in her cheetah inspired-costume.

“You were too rough with your p---y,” I later heard he’d said, leaving the audience visibly aghast. I was glad to have escaped being forced to explain that one.

When the cast of Season 13, which kicks off Monday, Sept. 19, was announced last week, the only name my daughter recognized this time was soccer sensation Hope Solo. But when controversy erupted over Chaz Bono, the show’s first transgender contestant, Lily began to ask questions.

A conservative group called onemillionmoms.com (http://www.onemillionmoms.com/) is urging a boycott of the show, calling Bono’s casting “completely unacceptable.” Some critics even claim that watching him on the dance floor would be harmful for children.

One psychiatrist, Dr. Keith Ablow, an analyst for Fox News, went so far as to assert that celebrating Bono on DWTS "is the last thing vulnerable children and adolescents need as they wrestle with the normal process of establishing their identities...”

Others say Bono looks like a man, so there’s no reason to tell children anything.
Ironically, my daughter already knows that Bono is transgender because she caught some of the protest story on Access Hollywood. I could have avoided the subject and simply said I didn’t know when she asked me to explain what the fracas was about. That’s how I responded last summer whenever we passed billboards for the movie Friends With Benefits. Several times Lily asked what that title meant, but I just didn’t see any age appropriate way to discuss casual sex with a 10-year-old. The same goes for the “Fully Exposed” slogan on the billboard for a strip club in Canoga Park that we past last week on the way to soccer practice at the Van Nuys-Sherman Oaks Park.

Explaining that Bono was born female but changed her appearance to become a man, however, was pretty straightforward. She did have a few follow-up questions about how the transformation was accomplished. Through plastic surgery and hormone injections, I told her. We live in Encino, it’s not like she hasn’t seen people who’ve gone under the knife or used injectables to alter the way they look.

When her questions were answered, she said, “You know what the really weird part is?”
“What?” I asked.
“That someone would rather be a boy.”

http://o2.aolcdn.com/dims-shared/dims3/PATCH/resize/600x450/http://hss-prod.hss.aol.com/hss/storage/patch/3e090c626fc386c2f1bde220d2407b06

Rockinonahigh
09-14-2011, 10:56 AM
Ive been reading the pros an cons about Chaz danceing on the show,I think the general uninformed public is really out of controle in belaevaing a lot of things that have been said about Chaz.I dont care if they understandabout why or how he became a man,what really irks me is the double standard that I see in the people who are throwing such a fit..I mean I know lot of then have diffrent surgerys to change there bodies to look better so they can be more pleased in how they look or use botox injections,wear makeup to the 9's.I realise its not full on srs but they are doing the same thing only in smaller ways,why? Well for the same reason Chaz has done, to be the people they want to be...only they dont see it that way..but it is.Then there is the right wing nut cases who are shouting from every soap box they can get on...ok folks when you can really say thet you actualy DO live your life in the exact way that you say you do then explane to me how in the world cau you have a soap box to shout from if I know you are going to bars,casinos,car races,gettin drunker than tooter brown,people going after each outher for all they can get weather its sex or money or just cause they can or abuseing others cause they are only vaguely covering up the meanness with being anywhere near human.....I could go on and on but wont.If they can really 100% say they are as liveing life the way they expect someone else to only then they wouldnt have anything to say cause they would be the kind of folks that would mind there own buisness unless it directly involves them to give any opinion on how another person wishes to live there life.Takeing a deep breath and geting off my own soap box.If I offended anyone hear I will appoligize now it wasnt my intention...just needed to blow some steam off about the general public who judges far to much.

Just_G
09-14-2011, 12:38 PM
Something is just not sitting right with me and it may just be the way society at large is being such a@@'s about him dancing on a friggen show.

People made a HUGE stink about Bristol being on the show, since she is technically not a celebrity...she is the daughter of the VP nominee that got pregnant as a teenager and now promotes abstinance...people griped about her all season and threatened to boycott the show if she won. Why do you think the tea baggers kept voting for her in droves? :blink: There is always that ONE person on the show that people say they will boycott the show for...this time it happens to be someone that is transgender. *GASP* I would bet money that most people in this country do not even know what that word means, let alone accept someone that IS transgender. People are going to judge Chaz, and believe me, he knows exactly what he is getting in to and I applaud him for taking on the challenge. :clap:

It really isn't reality and it sure isn't something most people will ever do in their lives. Hollywood is full of fake people, fake lives, fake expectations. I just hope this isn't one of them. Not that Chaz is fake, not saying that at all.

I am not sure what you mean about it isn't reality, would you mind expanding on that please? I also don't know what it is that you are saying is fake. (Thanks!)

Corkey
09-14-2011, 12:50 PM
I am not sure what you mean about it isn't reality, would you mind expanding on that please? I also don't know what it is that you are saying is fake. (Thanks!)

The whole premise of the show is fake to begin with, it's nothing more that a popularity game. The best dancers don't always win, the ones with the most votes does. Stacked, rigged, fake. I'm not judging Chaz, I think he has every right to dance, where ever he damn well pleases with whom ever he damn well pleases. This is what bugs me, he is never going to change any bigots mind, but the show using him as a prop is what I have an issue with.

Just_G
09-14-2011, 01:09 PM
The whole premise of the show is fake to begin with, it's nothing more that a popularity game. The best dancers don't always win, the ones with the most votes does. Stacked, rigged, fake. I'm not judging Chaz, I think he has every right to dance, where ever he damn well pleases with whom ever he damn well pleases. This is what bugs me, he is never going to change any bigots mind, but the show using him as a prop is what I have an issue with.

Ah, okay, gotcha....thank you for elaborating!

I remember when Brandy got voted off earlier than expected...hell, most thought she might win the show..people were pissed, which got a lot more people watching...pretty smart on the network's part. I really don't think it is all voter choice...I think it is somewhat rigged in that regard.

The show is nothing more than a ratings machine....all shows are; hence the reason they try to find either controversial figures or young stars that will draw in the pre-teen/teen crowd to watch and boost those ratings. I totally get what you are saying about it not being reality and very fake!

I do however love to watch the dances and to see how the celebs handle themselves under pressure in the studio when learning the dances.

Gemme
09-14-2011, 03:57 PM
http://ellen.warnerbros.com/2011/09/a_heart-to-heart_with_chaz_bono_0914.php?icid=ellen|dl|chazbo no&ncid=webmail17

nowandthen
09-14-2011, 09:47 PM
I am heart sick, I agree that the backlash about Chaz Bono on DWTS is shameful, There is a big call for support, rightfully so, But where is the out cry for the three Trans-women killed in DC recently, Both media and community support need to step up. Where is the HRC on this or Ellen, yes I know the answer, but I am calling it out, life is life and we all need to be aware that there is a war of difference, especially when difference is radicalized or mark as immigrant?
:praying:

Just_G
09-14-2011, 10:05 PM
I do not live in a cave, I promise! But I have not heard about what is going on in DC. I read the news online every day and have not heard about this. Perhaps starting a thread about it would be a good idea so you can inform everyone on the site about it.

nowandthen
09-14-2011, 11:26 PM
I do not live in a cave, I promise! But I have not heard about what is going on in DC. I read the news online every day and have not heard about this. Perhaps starting a thread about it would be a good idea so you can inform everyone on the site about it.

That is my point! who makes news and who does not.... You can google the info :)

Write14u
09-15-2011, 09:54 AM
Contrary to what Fox News' talking head, Dr. Albow, had to say, it really wasn't that hard to explain to kid. The one I explained it to is very accepting anyway, but definitely got that Chaz wanted to make his outside match how he felt inside. Simplified, sure, but isn't that the heart of it?
Heck, *I* am the one who had to make it more complicated, although the one thing he found confusing was that I am a masculine-appearing butch, so I tried to explain this step beyond, so to speak.

Write14u
09-15-2011, 09:58 AM
And Corkey, I agree with you on how ratings-driven these type shows are. The more controversial they are, the more ratings they're going to have. People don't actually boycott the show. They want to see what the noise is all about, or they're determined not to let their person (Bristol Palin) be eliminated. Ratings = dollars.
And I fully believe Chaz knows exactly how all this stuff works. He's been around long enough.

EnderD_503
09-15-2011, 10:17 AM
I am heart sick, I agree that the backlash about Chaz Bono on DWTS is shameful, There is a big call for support, rightfully so, But where is the out cry for the three Trans-women killed in DC recently, Both media and community support need to step up. Where is the HRC on this or Ellen, yes I know the answer, but I am calling it out, life is life and we all need to be aware that there is a war of difference, especially when difference is radicalized or mark as immigrant?
:praying:

That is my point! who makes news and who does not.... You can google the info :)

Fucking exactly! This is part of what I was trying to say with my post earlier.

But to add to that, to me talking about Chaz as an "advocate" for trans rights really doesn't give me a good feeling at all. Even when Chrissy Polis was video-taped getting severely beaten in a McDonald's by two women, there was no outcry from people like Ellen or Chaz. When there are countless transwomen and transmen getting harassed on the street in broad daylight, beaten, raped and killed quite literally every day around the world, where are these "advocates" making the public aware of the consequences of transphobia?

I'm sorry but I don't see Chaz as an advocate. At best, he seems to be an advocate for mainstream LGBT rights, ignoring the plight of the more marginalized communities. I don't see going on a TV show as helping to improve the lives of some of the most marginalized people in western society...when those people are reduced to homelessness, forced into sex work, and denied proper housing, healthcare and employment. When in many places there isn't even basic workplace safety or policies against transphobia...or governments that take those policies seriously. When I think about transphobic remarks made by politicians, where are those advocates then? When there was a chance to add gender identity and expression to laws prohibiting discrimination? Where are these "advocates" conveying the ugly realities of transphobia to the mainstream public? Or perhaps transphobia toward a celebrity is the only type worth mentioning?

MsTinkerbelly
09-15-2011, 01:00 PM
Did anyone see the Ellen show yesterday? Chaz was on to talk about the show, and as a suprise they had Cher join in by telephone. Talk about a Momma Bear defending her Cub!

Personally, I can't wait for the season to begin...love the show!

ruffryder
09-15-2011, 01:16 PM
http://o2.aolcdn.com/dims-shared/dims3/PATCH/resize/600x450/http://hss-prod.hss.aol.com/hss/storage/patch/3e090c626fc386c2f1bde220d2407b06

Yeahhhh Chaz.. He has a hot partner!! Go buddy! LOL I still don't see him as a role model or an advocate on this show. Just don't understand all the hype, probably never will. I see Chaz as a man wanting to go on DWTS .. that's all.

AtLast
09-15-2011, 01:37 PM
Did anyone see the Ellen show yesterday? Chaz was on to talk about the show, and as a suprise they had Cher join in by telephone. Talk about a Momma Bear defending her Cub!

Personally, I can't wait for the season to begin...love the show!

Yes, Cher has been tweeting quite a bit of late- back at the transphobic remarks that are all over Twitter about Chaz's participation on the show.n It is interesting, it appears (I don't really know this as I don't know either of them personally) that his transitioning has brought them to a much closer relationship. But, of course, I am basing this on the years of conflict between them that has on the media. But, it makes me feel good to believe they are doing better.

Although I completely understand Cher's not going to the show while Chaz performs due to her feelings that the media will frenzy around her during his performances, it is kind of sad. Parents at your plays, ballgames, chess competitions, etc. is part of the kid-parent thing. But, I know the news hounds and photographers would be all over her.

Quintease
09-15-2011, 03:45 PM
Go Megan and Fox News! AblowChaz - YouTube

~Bo
09-19-2011, 08:56 PM
I only watched the show tonight to see Chaz dance.

And he rocked!!!! :clap:

Diva
09-19-2011, 08:59 PM
He wasn't the best, he wasn't the worst.
I did not need to see Nancy Grace's panties. I just did not. :|

The_Lady_Snow
09-19-2011, 09:05 PM
Well... I've seen worse!! He danced like no one was watching and had fun and his smile is contagious! I voted cause I could and cause it takes courage to take all those pot shots with the style he did.

Great going Chaz!

~Bo
09-19-2011, 09:18 PM
Well... I've seen worse!! He danced like no one was watching and had fun and his smile is contagious! I voted cause I could and cause it takes courage to take all those pot shots with the style he did.

Great going Chaz!

Yep, I think he has an incredible smile too. And he looked like he was having a great time. I loved it.

Can't believe I missed the panties. :(

Rockinonahigh
09-19-2011, 09:23 PM
I watched Chazz dance,he was haveing good time at it,I hope he stays on for a while I would like to see how he dose as he go's along.I voted as did several people I know....go Chazz.

grenade
09-19-2011, 10:33 PM
Anyone notice they put Chaz on last??? I think some of the media hype was purely for ratings. I wouldn't surprise if DWTS wasn't behind a lot of it.

grenade
09-19-2011, 10:35 PM
Yep, I think he has an incredible smile too. And he looked like he was having a great time. I loved it.

Can't believe I missed the panties. :(

*flashes panties* Of course, I'm no Nancy Grace.

Greyson
09-19-2011, 10:37 PM
Sitting here on the West Coast waiting to see Chaz dance. I usually do not watch this show but because Chaz is on it and his participation has caused such an out cry from some of the right wing ideology crowd, I am watching and voting for Chaz. Yes, regardless of how he dances, my vote will be cast to show I support human rights and personal freedom and responsbility.

nowandthen
09-19-2011, 11:14 PM
Anyone notice they put Chaz on last??? I think some of the media hype was purely for ratings. I wouldn't surprise if DWTS wasn't behind a lot of it.

After 9pm is considered after family hour!:blink:

SoNotHer
09-20-2011, 12:18 AM
Chaz knocked it into orbit and lit up the stage. :-)

chaz cha - YouTube

~Bo
09-20-2011, 03:05 AM
*flashes panties* Of course, I'm no Nancy Grace.

Wooo hoooooo!!!!! :tongue:

Shadowboi2010
09-20-2011, 05:25 AM
I watched DWTS and I thought Chaz did great! I went to the website and voted a bunch. I dropped a vote on Carson too.

Shadowboi2010
09-20-2011, 05:26 AM
Wooo hoooooo!!!!! :tongue:

*Rolls Bo's tongue back up in his mouth*

Can't have that thing draggin' around on the ground.

Tommi
09-20-2011, 05:42 AM
http://www.rickey.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Chaz-Bono-and-Lacey-Schwimmer-Cha-Cha-Cha-Dancing-with-the-Stars-.jpg
Yes, I am sure it was. I smiled as I watched the line-up sashaying across the stage. Starz producers did a great line-up and I know it hit the out-of the park ratings.

""The mix of reality stars, athletes, actors, TV journalists and talk-show hosts took to the dance floor to attempt to impress the judges and legions of TV fans who will be tuning in to vote to keep them dancing week-after-week""""

If you didn't see it , there was something for everyone.

JR, the dynamic super joyful war veteran burned in an explosion was great.
Nancy Grace,all of HLN, and Nancy's church family have been praying and voting for her for weeks, and she needed the help.

A super jock female soccer player is teamed up with a macho ego-maniac who wanted to show off his muscles and hers were just as big.

The flamboyant dresser tripped the lightfantastic and had a wonderful time out there...

And , Chaz Bono did not disappoint the audience, and I be made his Mama proud. Did you see his girl in the audience smiling then crying as he did soooooo good. His partner was dynamic, and they will just get better.
http://cdn.inquisitr.com/wp-content/2011/09/Chaz-Bono-Dancing-With-the-Stars.jpg
http://www.rickey.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Carson-Kressley-and-Anna-Trebunskaya-Cha-Cha-Cha-Dancing-with-the-Stars.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-JrEDf9Lx6Ls/TiljiC6NBJI/AAAAAAAAEZU/fPIch4RcgCg/s1600/hope-solo.jpg

http://fernandaezabella.folha.blog.uol.com.br/images/hope.jpg

AtLast
09-20-2011, 06:13 AM
I watched and voted! Chaz did well. It looked like he was really enjoying himself. Have to say, however, Hope Solo strikes me as the possible winner. It will be interesting to see the voting results.

It made me cringe that Nancy Grace had the best pro lead/instructor!!

Now that I think about it- has there ever been a same-sex couple on DWTS??? This is the first time I have watched it.

The judges gave him good reviews, I thought. He can do some moves- have to see what happens as it get more complex. Or, does it? They actually were doing simplistic steps and turns with a lot of glitz via pro choreographers. But, I think it went well for Chaz.

Dominique
09-20-2011, 06:23 AM
I'm so glad Lacey Schwimmer is Chazz's partner. He had all kinds of support from the dance pro's. Lacey is personal friends with several of them and as we all know, support is important.

Can I just say, I hope the Kardashian is the first to go. The little *Bitch*
Lady Snow, I know you were watching, and I kept thinking.....UUUgh, Rob, you need some home training by The lady Snow, as you have no manners.He was the worst I thought. (poor Cheryl Burke)

Ron Artest, was not that bad...at least he respected his partner.

Carson was so funny, I didn't know what to expect. I had tears rolling out of my eyes. NEVER has that show had a DRAG (something) performance. It was the best entertainment all night. To keep the precious ratings, they need to keep him!

It was a good opening show. Chazz seemed nervous, and I was surprised how shy he was. (again, good pairing with Lacey as she is not shy) The big guy moved fairly well. A couple times I noticed Lacey was dancing around Chazz and Chazz was just standing there, But Lacey will work on that. Chazz was very different at the end of the show.....I'd call it relieved. I thought it was done tastefully (for those haters out there) and Chazz's delicate explanation to his journey was palatable for all.

I was liking Hope and Max. (The soccer star) as a woman with muscles
I thought she looked terrific. I hope my back looks as sexy as hers!

It's hard for me to stay awke until 10p. I had to stand up for the last three dancers. It was worth it:vigil:

Tommi
09-20-2011, 06:34 AM
Lacey was awesome, and I am sure is going to work that stiffness out of Chaz by the next one. So tonite, someone gets voted off. :moonstars:

I had trouble getting all my votes through , as I kept getting the message "voting is closed in your area". I just kept hitting redial until I used alllll my votes on the most improved dancer Chaz Bono.:wine:

The_Lady_Snow
09-20-2011, 06:43 AM
I love me some Kim Kardashian, her dancing on DWTS LAAAAAAME just like her bros who needs

TO

GO!!

I loved loved Ricky Lake but then again she's a cutie pie I always have thought so..

So tonight down with Kardashian I hope! Go go Chaz who with his shy demeanor and smile won my cheers and vote.

The_Lady_Snow
09-20-2011, 06:46 AM
If you are an AT&T customer you can vote up to 10x's via text!!! I voted from each of our phones including Worm's and sent the # to The Pack up North!

Dominique
09-20-2011, 06:47 AM
I loved loved Ricky Lake but then again she's a cutie pie I always have thought so..

I had tears just like Ricky....I was caught up in the moment
too. Plus, by then I should have been asleep.

The_Lady_Snow
09-20-2011, 06:49 AM
I had tears just like Ricky....I was caught up in the moment
too. Plus, by then I should have been asleep.

Do your eyes twinkle like hers when they are teared up too?

:hk2:

Dominique
09-20-2011, 06:52 AM
Do your eyes twinkle like hers when they are teared up too?

:hk2:

They do, but her eyes are a gorgeous deep color, mine are bright blue.

Tommi
09-20-2011, 06:52 AM
If you are an AT&T customer you can vote up to 10x's via text!!! I voted from each of our phones including Worm's and sent the # to The Pack up North!

Goooood idea. Maybe the East Coast folks could post the call in number for Chaz. ..then I wouldn't get timed out. Yes, I am biased. Yes all my votes will be for Chaz. .

Hollylane
09-20-2011, 06:54 AM
I voted for Chaz, because he just looked like he was having so much fun. I also voted for David Arquette for the same reason. They both looked so nervous, but did so well. David's facial expressions were so telling, and really showed that despite his out there personality, he is human like the rest of us.

I loved JR, and I think it is awesome that they teamed Max up with the soccer star!

Carson was over the top hilarious! Ricki looked so sweet, feminine, and in love with the dance.

Tommi
09-20-2011, 07:01 AM
I voted for Chaz, because he just looked like he was having so much fun. I also voted for David Arquette for the same reason. They both looked so nervous, but did so well. David's facial expressions were so telling, and really showed that despite his out there personality, he is human like the rest of us.

I loved JR, and I think it is awesome that they teamed Max up with the soccer star!

Carson was over the top hilarious! Ricki looked so sweet, feminine, and in love with the dance.

Ditto, I think the teams are great, and Carson was fantabulous. This is going to be an fun show with all the dynamic personalities

Write14u
09-20-2011, 07:15 AM
I went online and voted for Chaz, although I had to save a vote for Hope Solo. Now I have to go youtube this stuff since I ended up going out for dinner and didn't get back home in time. And curse my dogs and their need to go do their business just as Chaz came up. I caught the intro but missed the dance.

Here (http://aol.it/nXTLhC)'s the ending and judge commentary for anyone else that hasn't seen it.

Chaz definitely moved pretty well, so I gotta think he will definitely get better.

Oh yeah, Tommi, the voting on the phone is supposed to be open for half an hour after the show ends in each time zone. I totally missed that, but online voting is still open until 8 a.m. on the West Coast at abc.com.

Just_G
09-20-2011, 07:22 AM
It is hard to say who will be the first to go....there were some rough dances out there. :blink: However, I am sure it was all nerves on the first night.

Chyna Philips was so graceful, but I wonder if she has the voting support to back her up. We shall see.

I loved it and can't wait until tonight!

Dominique
09-20-2011, 07:32 AM
dsB1V9LIhFA

Write14u
09-20-2011, 07:37 AM
OK, and I'm back and up to speed courtesy of youtube. LOL
I didn't see everyone, but I checked out my faves.
Agreed, there were moments when Lacey just danced around Chaz, but that's very typical for the first couple of shows as dancers are learning. I saw it with several other couples, too. Chaz looked very enthusiastic and did pretty well to my untrained eye. And holy cow, if those are basic dance steps ...

Hope Solo was hot and boy was she baring a lot of skin. Interesting to note that the one thing she covered up was probably washboard abs. LOL I also saw what appeared to be an ESPN interview with Solo before the announcement with Maks saying he wanted to be partnered with her. They asked if she could dance. She was like, "I can barely walk in high heels."

I LOVED Ricki Lake. She looked so beautiful.

I thought Chynna Phillips was also graceful, and she seemed to do a lot more on her own as a dancer, which was impressive.

I feel sorry for Rob Kardashian's partner. She looked like she was twirling a big ol' mannequin around the dance floor. He was stiff.

That's all I've seen so far.

MsTinkerbelly
09-20-2011, 07:59 AM
I watched and voted! Chaz did well. It looked like he was really enjoying himself. Have to say, however, Hope Solo strikes me as the possible winner. It will be interesting to see the voting results.

Now that I think about it- has there ever been a same-sex couple on DWTS??? This is the first time I have watched it.

The judges gave him good reviews, I thought. He can do some moves- have to see what happens as it get more complex. Or, does it? They actually were doing simplistic steps and turns with a lot of glitz via pro choreographers. But, I think it went well for Chaz.

Chaz is a Man, they are not a "same-sex" couple. If Lacey had been dancing with Hope then yeah, I would say same sex. (f)

princessbelle
09-20-2011, 08:06 AM
Enjoyed the show...i actually almost missed it. I was happy Chaz was last so at least i didn't miss him. I saw Ricky Lake too who i've always admired.

I was proud of Chaz. It was apparent he was very nervous but i'm sure they all were.

I've said this before, He may not be the exact representative that is needed in the Trans community but at least it will get people talking, good or bad. Acknowledging and discussing things in life is a good start to understanding and accepting.

Hang in there Chaz. You did great!!!!

Quintease
09-20-2011, 10:19 AM
Chaz is a Man, they are not a "same-sex" couple. If Lacey had been dancing with Hope then yeah, I would say same sex. (f)

That. Apparently DWTS has said they will never have a same sex couple on the dance floor, regardless of the sexual orientation of the dancers.

Jessica
09-20-2011, 10:19 AM
I watched last night just to see Chaz. He did a lot better than I thought he was going to. Especially when they showed how fatigued he was during practice. Good for him :) BTW Hope Solo=hoootttt :D

Amber2010
09-20-2011, 10:22 AM
I watched it last night and Chaz did such a great job at dancing.
I am not sure what it will do for the community but I think
it is going to be great watching him.

Tommi
09-20-2011, 03:28 PM
Cher reacts to Chaz Bono on 'Dancing with the Stars'
September 20, 2011 12:20 PM EDT
Chaz Bono took the stage on Monday night's Dancing with the Stars, but where was his mom, Cher? Everyone expected to see her sitting in the front row, cheering for her son, but she was nowhere to be found. Well, that's not entirely true. She was on Twitter.

"WOW ! HOW GREAT WAS MY SON? 'THE GREATEST THING, GREATEST THING, GREATEST THING NO MATTER WHAT! WHAT! WHAT!' HES A WINNER ! I Was So Nervous (sic)," Cher tweeted after Chaz danced an impressive Cha-Cha.

Chaz Bono wasn't alone by any means, as the audience looked on, thoroughly entertained by his dance with Lacey Schwimmer. His longtime girlfriend, Jennifer Elia, was in the crowd, cheering loudly and getting emotional as she watched her guy make a bit of TV history. He is, after all, the first transgender contestant on the popular ABC show.

While there is no explanation for why Cher wasn't there rooting for her boy, she certainly was watching him. She tweeted her love and asked her followers to vote. Perhaps she will make it to the ballroom next week to watch because, despite the controversy, it seems many people fell in love with her son. And he deserves to have his mom cheering him on from the sidelines!

http://celebs.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474980347025

Now, Can't wait to see the outfits, male and female for the rest of the season.

Positive comment so far today that I have seen.

No straight people threw tomatoes, or booed , and the audience was very supportive and standing and clapping.

Nobody on TV has said ABC should be shut down..and It looks like all that Crappy shit that was being said by the media and the outsiders is no longer flooding the airways.

The_Lady_Snow
09-20-2011, 07:38 PM
I thought it was really sweet of Harry Connick Jr to give Chaz some props like he did!

The_Lady_Snow
09-20-2011, 07:44 PM
Chaz is safe!!!!!!!!!

suebee
09-20-2011, 08:51 PM

I don't think A.L.H. said that Chaz was IN a same-sex couple. I think she asked if a same-sex couple has ever been on the show.

Chaz did really well! I was pleasantly surprised. And Carson cracked me up! :)

Shadowboi2010
09-20-2011, 08:59 PM
YAY! Chaz is going to the next round!

Gemme
09-20-2011, 09:58 PM

I don't think A.L.H. said that Chaz was IN a same-sex couple. I think she asked if a same-sex couple has ever been on the show.

Chaz did really well! I was pleasantly surprised. And Carson cracked me up! :)

This is what I got from ALH's question too. After all, she's never seen the show before now so there's bound to be questions about how things were previously done.

Good for Chaz!

Leigh
09-20-2011, 10:32 PM
Go Chaz Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guy
09-20-2011, 11:07 PM
I got the moves like jagger.. Ha ha omg Carson cracked me up!

Just_G
09-20-2011, 11:47 PM
I think the reaction of Chaz's peers on the show when he was announced as moving to next week was awesome! Did you see them all rally around him and how excited they all were for him?

I was sitting here watching that and I got a smidge choked up. I think it is amazing to have the kind of support he has gotten....no matter what the critics against him might say, I think there is wayyyyy more support than not.

I just think this group of people will all be very supportive of each other. You have Chaz being the first transgender dancer, David Arquette who has battled addiction and is now 8 months sober, J.R. going through thirty-some surgerys after being burned over 40% of his body...because he was serving our country in the war.....I think there are so many great stories behind the cast this season, and I find them to be so inspirational!

I love this season and can't wait to see how it goes!

Hollylane
09-21-2011, 08:41 AM
I am so happy for Chaz, JR, Ricki, Carson and David! All my favorites made it!

I think JR is really just the most awesome person, I loved the missing ear jokes!
Carson's flirty thing with Maks is hysterical! His brother Val cracked me up when he commented about just wanting to be in bed with his shirt off, that is so like his brother!

I have to say as a long time fan of this show, ultimately I will vote for the best dancers. They all work so incredibly hard!

MsTinkerbelly
09-21-2011, 10:08 AM
DTWS was watched by 18 million viewers...the lowest viewed season opener ever of DWTS by 25%. :(

2 1/2 men received 29 million, their highest season opener ever.

MsTinkerbelly
09-21-2011, 10:11 AM
This is what I got from ALH's question too. After all, she's never seen the show before now so there's bound to be questions about how things were previously done.

Good for Chaz!

ALH said what was said in the middle of talking about Chaz...began the post with Chaz, ended with Chaz. Maybe it was a wandering thought in the middle of the post, but it needed to be clarified darn it, and I am just the buttinski to do it!

princessbelle
09-21-2011, 10:11 AM
DTWS was watched by 18 million viewers...the lowest viewed season opener ever of DWTS by 25%. :(

2 1/2 men received 29 million, their highest season opener ever.

That surprises me.

Does make me sad as well.

They missed a good show...by ALL the contestants. Still 18 mill isn't nothing to sneeze at. Hopefully it will go up from here.

Tommi
09-21-2011, 10:15 AM

Hiya ATL.. now, are you hooked on the show.. It increases the fan base all the time, and I can't wait to see how Chaz will be dressed, along with the others.

I still wonder about when they will have a same-sex couple on too. I was hoping for Ellen Degenres paired up Lacey Schwimmer. Maybe some day..or, Ricky Marting and MAX....:police:

Think I'll write in and ask for Ellen, She loves to dance and so does Ricky, and ..it is all about the ratings. They said they never would, but , maybe this is a test for tolerance and ABC Ratings.

I think Chaz is coming out of his shyness a but. What a spectrum. Nancy Grace always talking about her Methodist Church, where Nancy's mother Elizabeth plays the church organ....and the bashing the Christian's Lions saying not to let your kids watch Chaz. Ratings , Media Hype, YEP...and look at alll the folks seeing it for the first time., and don't forget to VOTE ON ABC.

Look at all of us interested in Chaz, and I am sure the boi's and girls are watching the flaming dancer out of his closet, and the super sexy jock chick.

Go TEAM>

:pile::ymca::ballerina::breakdance:

AtLast
09-21-2011, 01:07 PM
I am loving it that this group of folks includes both a trangendered person and a woman pro athlete. I was a little annoyed with the 'not as feminine" comments about Hope- the whole women shouldn't have muscles and athletic bodies- or that is not sexy. It is very sexy to me!!

Since I have never watched this show before- which is kind of weird since I love partner dancing (its the Hollywood glitz factor that gets to me), I was also really happy to see women that do not fit the "model" figure thang out there. I don't like Nancy Grace's politics, but I do admire that she is out there with some extra weight (goes for Chaz, too). That is not easy in our weight phobic society.

LOL- I did get a bit of a charge out of the fact that Nancy gracy and Chaz are in the same goup of competitors!! Enlightenment vs. Faux News.. and Carson is in this bunch too!!!

Ugh.. I just read comments on the DWTS FB page. Yes, some ugliness about Chaz- and ignorance galore!

Since on the first night I had trouble with the phone line voting, I just went to the website, registered and voted. So, this might work for other people that had trouble with the phone lines. You get 9 votes to use. Since I am into the actual dance, I spread my votes over the teams- including Chaz. I think he can stay in for quite a few weeks. I hope he is feeling less nervous now that the first two shows are completed. I also hope his knees calm down for him. Sounds like the training is helping him drop weight and he does talk about wanting to take the weight off- and that will really help with the knee problems. So, I hope he attains this goal as well as becomes a partner dancer off the show. It is fun and really good exercise. Plus a great social network. And you don't have to be an expert dancer to enjoy yourself!

I think he is going to do well throughout the whole thing!

I couldn't catch it last night- glad to hear Chaz and partner are still in!

I think one of the best in technique and natural dance ability at this point is the veteran (can't recall his name) turned actor. It is also great to see people with facial disfigurement on the show. He has one great body and hips that most male dancers would die for (hell, me, too). Graceful, too and athletic. I predict a sleeper- he might very well take this thing. As some of the gay dance teachers and dancers I have been in class with (damn, I miss dancing), he has some serious "booty lift angle"!!

Just_G
09-21-2011, 01:30 PM
I am loving it that this group of folks includes both a trangendered person and a woman pro athlete. I was a little annoyed with the 'not as feminine" comments about Hope- the whole women shouldn't have muscles and athletic bodies- or that is not sexy. It is very sexy to me!!

I do know that she was here in KC playing soccer last Saturday and Maks was here also so they could practice when she wasn't playing. Our local tv did an interview with her and she even said it herself: "I am not feminine at all and I have never walked in a pair of heels, let alone danced in them." So I don't consider people saying that she is not feminine all that offensive to her..lol It was cute; she was laughing about it and making light of the whole thing.

She also laughed when speaking about the wardrobe selections they have for her and how much skin she is showing. She said that her mom sure is happy about the dresses and stuff. She said her team mates were razzin' her about it too and that she refuses to dance in front of them or let them see her practicing in her heels.

All tomboy....pro athlete...I hope she does well!! My favorite thing about her is that smile!!

AtLast
09-21-2011, 01:55 PM
I do know that she was here in KC playing soccer last Saturday and Maks was here also so they could practice when she wasn't playing. Our local tv did an interview with her and she even said it herself: "I am not feminine at all and I have never walked in a pair of heels, let alone danced in them." So I don't consider people saying that she is not feminine all that offensive to her..lol It was cute; she was laughing about it and making light of the whole thing.

She also laughed when speaking about the wardrobe selections they have for her and how much skin she is showing. She said that her mom sure is happy about the dresses and stuff. She said her team mates were razzin' her about it too and that she refuses to dance in front of them or let them see her practicing in her heels.

All tomboy....pro athlete...I hope she does well!! My favorite thing about her is that smile!!

Oh, I see your points about the feminine thing and how she feels! I am not actually offended by it. I took a lot of crap as a female athlete and I was thinking more about how I felt long ago about being in her shoes. I did not come-out at a young age and was quite actively heterosexual for many years and a big time tomboy. Getting me in a pair of heels was really hard to do. I always felt so awkward with stuff like this. Of course, as time went on.......

I was thinking a lot about the same kind of mentality I keep seeing on blogs and comment areas on the DWTS FB page about not only Chaz, but women athletes- all of the heteronormative value bull. And sizeism galore.

I really appreciate all of these folks getting out there and doing this. I also hope that this leads to more and awareness among the poplation outside of ours about trans and gay, etc. issues. Some parents have all these complaints about the show making their kids ask them about transgenderism, for example and it is pissing them off. I'm thinking- good, they need to be asking questions and learning about all of the different kinds of people in the world. Even if they get bigoted answers- a seed is planted of awareness and they will grow up and may go off to college and get some positive information. Maybe they are asking question due to being trans themselves and have never had a name for what they are feeling- now they do!!

Anyway- it is great to see such a diverse group of contenders.

WOW- I would love to see her play in person!!

Dominique
09-21-2011, 02:07 PM
More on Hope.....it's no secret, I femme crush her body!

They (some news media group) showed the team goofing around and the ladies all broke out into some *girl bonding dancing and stuff* but Hope was just laughing and being silly. No dancing. They (the news crew) asked the dancing team members if Hope danced and almost in unisome they all yelled NO! Apparently she is a little on the serious side too. I heard (?) or read maybe Max requested her.....I'm anxious to see how far he can coach her. I liked what I saw on her first dance. I thought it was a great first dance from everyone (except Kardashian)

Shadowboi2010
09-21-2011, 10:32 PM
I guess next week a lot of folks will be doing the quickstep. This is just a personal preference, but I'm not a big fan of the quickstep. I've only seen ONE quickstep dance I ever liked and it was on "So you Think You Can Dance" this season. Nick and Iveta danced it.

For a person that can't dance a lick I sure do like to watch others do it.

J. Mason
09-22-2011, 12:40 AM
I think Chaz did great and I loved all the support he received from other cast member when he was voted safe to move onto the next round.

I am having my friends vote via text message as many times as possible!

The_Lady_Snow
09-26-2011, 06:13 PM
Anyone else watching!?!

ruffryder
09-26-2011, 06:15 PM
Yup Yup Yup. Let's go Chaz.. Bust a nut! haha..

princessbelle
09-26-2011, 06:25 PM
I'm glued to the tube!!!! http://dl2.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1361/1361242h0w0ms341e.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

Loved the Marliyn impersonation. OMG that was cute!!!

Come on Chaz and Rickie!!!!

MsTinkerbelly
09-26-2011, 06:27 PM
I can't wait! You all are bad though, I have to avoid this thread until after the show airs here on the left coast. LOL

ruffryder
09-26-2011, 06:27 PM
well helll.. thought I was watching. damn FL rain storms and stupid satellite connection. grrrr. i may miss it. boooo! Thank God for Youtube. I'll have to catch it later maybe.

The_Lady_Snow
09-26-2011, 07:07 PM
Ricky Lake is dancing right now still no Chaz!!

Wait in 2 & 2...

princessbelle
09-26-2011, 07:17 PM
I can't wait! You all are bad though, I have to avoid this thread until after the show airs here on the left coast. LOL

yes yes.

Good idea not to read the threads about shows until after you watch them unless you want to know what happens. Us East coasters don't like to wait for the most part. Heck it would be past my bedtime if i had to wait on the west coast to see first. lol.

Ricky did ok. Wow she has lost a lot of weight. She looks great and seems to feel a lot better.

Oh....Chaz Chaz where are youuuuuuuuuuuuu

The_Lady_Snow
09-26-2011, 07:20 PM
He's on now!!!!!

The_Lady_Snow
09-26-2011, 07:23 PM
DISLIKE!!!!!

~Bo
09-26-2011, 07:25 PM
LOL.........that was great. He did good for being hurt.

princessbelle
09-26-2011, 07:26 PM
Ok maybe it was a little slow? Gosh i sure couldn't keep up with him.

Kudos for him doing this with bad knees and extra weight compared to the rest.

He's still grade A in my book.

Write14u
09-26-2011, 07:28 PM
Better get your vote on for Chaz, folks, cuz that was a SLOWWW quick-step. I think it's coming down to what we thought initially ... this will be hard on Chaz because of size constraints.

That said, I think everyone was in the same boat with having to learn a lot more. Ricki looked awesome. Still liking Hope Solo. Chaz gritted it out, but I'm betting the scores are low.

The_Lady_Snow
09-26-2011, 07:30 PM
Sigh, the pain thing is gonna get him out!! The score eh...
Start voting!!!

ruffryder
09-26-2011, 07:34 PM
Ricky did ok. Wow she has lost a lot of weight. She looks great and seems to feel a lot better.

Yeah Ricki did awesome! hmmm Chaz. I hope he gets the votes to push him through another week, however everyone has been pretty good thus far.

The_Lady_Snow
09-26-2011, 07:37 PM
Wow China was not so good!!!

The_Lady_Snow
09-26-2011, 08:04 PM
1-800-868-3412 Chaz!!!

AT&T customer text 3412 up ten times

Tommi
09-26-2011, 09:58 PM

I'm on...and hope I didn't miss it. West coast 9PM:pirate-steer:

AtLast
09-26-2011, 10:40 PM
I'm on PST - just saw Chaz. I feel badly for him and to be honest, I don't think he should continue. Knees are kind of important and dance requires them to be pushed to the limit- I think he has hit his. I can't imagine him doing Jive- although there can be more interpretive stuff to that individually.

I think this is his last week.

I'm afraid he will do permanent damage. Which brings me to a question for people that have watched this before- can he return on a later show in the future to compete again? He obviously wants to do this, but he isn't in shape for it. I think with taking weight off and getting in shape, he could be quite good out there.

WOW for Riki Lake!! Her Kicks and Flicks were great! I would love to be able to do those like she did!! Good Jive, Ricki! Geez, they are learning and dancing 2 different types of dance per week- that is a lot!

Have some more coming up.... haven't seen the whole show.

Hey, but maybe Chaz will be OK tomorrow. The Jive really might be easier for him. Hope so.

MsTinkerbelly
09-26-2011, 11:38 PM
Wow China was not so good!!!

What was up with her mouth? It was hard to watch her:|

Rockinonahigh
09-27-2011, 01:02 AM
I really hate to see Chaz in so much pain,I hope he can do more than just ice and rest for it,if he stays on hopfuly he will get some other medical work done to help out.Danceing with so much weight is really hard,I read in an artical he lost 10 pounds sofar..if he can keep it up he can lose more.
Now, as for the judges...Lenn needs a dose of humble,I know he is doing his job but he could draw less blood and still get his point across.I voted all my votes to him and will as long as he stays on the show.Go Chaz.

J. Mason
09-27-2011, 08:03 PM
YAY!!! Chaz is safe this week!

betenoire
09-27-2011, 08:12 PM
No offence, but the man cannot dance. I hope he isn't going to be this year's Bristol Palin (ie - person who lasted longer than they should have because of a political fanbase)

Mind you, I think DWTS is a stupid show...so I guess I don't care that much.

The_Lady_Snow
09-27-2011, 08:14 PM
Holy shit he stayed on!!

He's gonna have to follow through!!

Rockinonahigh
09-27-2011, 08:22 PM
Chaz is safe for one more dance,hopefull he will get some pain releaf before he dances again..

Tommi
09-27-2011, 09:36 PM
Chaz is safe for one more dance,hopefull he will get some pain releaf before he dances again..

West Coast 8:30 ,Chaz not on yet, but now I don't need to watch to see he's safe. This works for me. Thanks Easterners.

ruffryder
09-27-2011, 09:40 PM
yesss Chaz is safe! I agree, he needs to step it up!

Shadowboi2010
09-28-2011, 04:30 AM
Yes, Chaz is safe again. His quickstep did need a little zing. I'm not a fan of the quickstep to start with.

Dominique
09-28-2011, 04:42 AM
Holy shit he stayed on!!

He's gonna have to follow through!!

The power of the vote! Not to say that Chazz had the most, Val and Elizabetha were relatively unknowns, and I'd venture to say, they had the least.

Chazz was truely moved he got another week. He's very likeable, and I thought, trimming up his beard a little and that nice stylish hair cut. He *looked* real good. Let's trust that Lacey will come up with something creative/compromising helping Chazz dance better.

Go Chazz!

The_Lady_Snow
09-28-2011, 05:13 AM
I think it's great he's moved on to the third week, mind you NOT the bestest of dancers but hot damn he's on for ANOTHER week!!! As a queer that makes me a lil giddy!

ruffryder
09-28-2011, 09:15 AM
Get out of the carwash Chaz, and wash that damn car yourself! move it! haha..

theoddz
09-28-2011, 09:21 AM
I really feel for the guy. As a big guy, myself, and one who has bad knees (had them both replaced 3 and 4 years ago), I can surely empathize with what he's going through. Even with these prosthetic knees, I can't imagine what it would be like to try to *dance* with them, let alone before they were fixed. I staggered around with a cane for 2.5 years, before my surgeries, chewing Vicodin, because the pain was so excruciating and yet, I had to work. I had/have a house to pay off and no one is going to do that but me!! Let me tell you, extra weight is just murder when you have bad knees. He has my support and admiration, though, for even trying this!!! That takes chutzpah!!!

I still can't dance. I never have been able to, really....well, there were those times when I used to drink.... :thinking:

I just hope he doesn't keep on until he's really done some damage to himself with all this. It's not worth it, to either him or his fans. He doesn't need to "prove" anything to anyone. He has already "proven" everything he needs to prove to the most important person of all.... himself. :winky:

He certainly has my 150% support, whatever happens. :thumbsup:

Leigh
09-28-2011, 09:49 AM
I sure am glad he's safe too but I hope he takes good care of himself !!!!

Write14u
09-28-2011, 09:55 AM
Well, another dance might suit him better. Maybe he'll draw a waltz next week. LOL Although, it dang sure looked like his quick stepped slowed down to a waltz a couple times this week.
Whether he can dance is almost irrelevant, as long as he can post decent scores. It's apparent he has a fan voting base, which is most important in this. I don't think his fan base is going to be bigger than a couple of these folks, but easy enough to outlast a few of them and stay a couple more weeks. I also don't think he's a Bristol Palin, who will stay on almost until the end.

AtLast
09-29-2011, 12:43 AM
I really feel for the guy. As a big guy, myself, and one who has bad knees (had them both replaced 3 and 4 years ago), I can surely empathize with what he's going through. Even with these prosthetic knees, I can't imagine what it would be like to try to *dance* with them, let alone before they were fixed. I staggered around with a cane for 2.5 years, before my surgeries, chewing Vicodin, because the pain was so excruciating and yet, I had to work. I had/have a house to pay off and no one is going to do that but me!! Let me tell you, extra weight is just murder when you have bad knees. He has my support and admiration, though, for even trying this!!! That takes chutzpah!!!

I still can't dance. I never have been able to, really....well, there were those times when I used to drink.... :thinking:

I just hope he doesn't keep on until he's really done some damage to himself with all this. It's not worth it, to either him or his fans. He doesn't need to "prove" anything to anyone. He has already "proven" everything he needs to prove to the most important person of all.... himself. :winky:

He certainly has my 150% support, whatever happens. :thumbsup:

Yup- agreed! Kudos to him!

I'm not behind him continuing if he can really damage his knees though.

What I am having trouble with with DWTS is that none of them are really doing the job in terms of technique. Ricki Lake probably has done the best with this. It is so Hollywood glitsy. But it looks like a lot of people like it- but it not really a serious dance program. I never watched it before this- I wanted to learn how to vote so I could support Chaz as a queer.

Shadowboi2010
10-03-2011, 08:03 PM
So did anyone else get the feeling that Chaz wasn't really into it tonight? Or is just ready to go home?

J. Mason
10-03-2011, 08:08 PM
So did anyone else get the feeling that Chaz wasn't really into it tonight? Or is just ready to go home?

He is suffering from knee problems, his mom sent PT's to help him out.

Shadowboi2010
10-03-2011, 08:17 PM
I can relate to that. I've had both my ACL's replaced and I can't imagine doing all of that.

He is suffering from knee problems, his mom sent PT's to help him out.

J. Mason
10-03-2011, 08:21 PM
I can relate to that. I've had both my ACL's replaced and I can't imagine doing all of that.

Yeah I think his injuries are getting to him.

~Bo
10-03-2011, 08:51 PM
Oh damn. I missed it. :blink:

J. Mason
10-03-2011, 08:53 PM
I think you can find recaps online, not sure.

Bella~Vita
10-03-2011, 09:48 PM
Oh damn. I missed it. :blink:

It doesn't come on here tonight till 1:30am because of damn football ... dammit!

ArkansasPiscesGrrl
10-03-2011, 10:00 PM
Yup- agreed! Kudos to him!

What I am having trouble with with DWTS is that none of them are really doing the job in terms of technique. Ricki Lake probably has done the best with this. It is so Hollywood glitsy. But it looks like a lot of people like it- but it not really a serious dance program. I never watched it before this- I wanted to learn how to vote so I could support Chaz as a queer.

The thing I have a problem with DWTS is also the technique, plus also the music they choose for each of the dances rarely fits in any way at ALL with the dance itself. Not saying that the timing of the music to the steps isn't choreographed, but they are always choosing a modern, oftentimes pop song for more classic ballroom dances. Something that the masses will readily recognize.

My last partners' family is in the dance business. They have taught ballroom dancing for decades, and own several studios around the country. A couple of her family members actually go out to CA each season for the show, and get backstage with all the dancers.

Write14u
10-04-2011, 02:21 PM
Missed most of the show last night, but went and youtubed Chaz's performance. Definitely better with a slower type of song, but the fluidity is missing. I'd like to see him hang on for at least another week. I'm definitely enjoying Ricki Lake.

Leigh
10-04-2011, 02:48 PM
I agree that I'd like to see Chaz for one more week but I'm not 100% sure that anyone else in the group right now is worse (since he is at the bottom this week) so it'll be intriguing to see if he sticks around ....... I want him to stick around as much as possible but our votes will only get him so far!

I'm absolutely LOVING Ricki Lake and J.R. plus last night Carson killed it :D

princessbelle
10-04-2011, 02:56 PM
I was all about Carson last night omg he was fantastic.

Ricki is my fav though...wow she is just so eloquent.

Those two are my favs.

I love Chaz being there and getting as far as he has and i voted for him.

I just don't think he can go much longer, the knees being the main reason. He just can't move very much. Not his fault and i admire him getting out there and trying no matter what people said. As one of the judges said...it says a lot about his character.

Horray for DWTS!!!!!

Rockinonahigh
10-04-2011, 03:35 PM
As a hearing imparied person have learned to read body language pretty good,especally peoples faces,I dont think Chaz was in as much pain as he seemed like he was very sad,I know this show was about things that have impacted ones life so remembering his father was really hard on him.

PinkieLee
10-04-2011, 03:41 PM
I think that Chaz is doing good... not great. It is about the dance afterall. I am happy that he has been able to stay on for another week... and it's great to see him so determined to do well. I really hope that his knees allow him to improve his skills.

Hands down, my favorites are JR and Ricki.

My honey... she's pulling for Hope Solo ;)

~Bo
10-04-2011, 06:58 PM
Cher said that if Chaz makes it thru this week, she's coming to the show next week to watch him dance. :clap:

Write14u
10-04-2011, 07:09 PM
Cher said that if Chaz makes it thru this week, she's coming to the show next week to watch him dance. :clap:

Hope she said that before the voting. That will motivate people to vote for Chaz. LOL

The_Lady_Snow
10-04-2011, 07:13 PM
I just wanna say I'M SHOCKED!!!!

Bella~Vita
10-04-2011, 07:20 PM

Me too ... I really thought he would go this week.

J. Mason
10-04-2011, 07:49 PM
I am glad he is sticking around, I hope Cher does come to the show.

princessbelle
10-04-2011, 08:06 PM

Ditto!!!

Yay!!!!!

AtLast
10-04-2011, 08:11 PM

Although I understood why she stayed away at first (she was right, it would have taken things away from him doing his thing), I hope she does come and watch. She's his Mom, dammit!

Rockinonahigh
10-04-2011, 08:14 PM

I fell asleep in the recliner so I missed that part,when I woke up they were voteing off the last dance team,I was really surprised chaz wasnt one of them.Im glad he's staying but the ones voted off danced way better.

Shadowboi2010
10-04-2011, 08:21 PM
Well, I didnt expect him to move on, but I am glad he gets the chance to make a comeback!

Leigh
10-04-2011, 09:56 PM
I even have to admit that I was shocked he was safe cuz for sure I figured he was in the bottom 3 but OMG to say I'm happy he's staying is an understatement :D

Gayla
10-04-2011, 09:59 PM
I'm really shocked at the results.

But not as shocked as we were about the horrible pants that all the men were wearing last night. Well, except Carson.

Leigh
10-04-2011, 10:15 PM
Leave it to Carson to be the fabulous one :-)

AtLast
10-04-2011, 11:22 PM
I'm happy that Chaz is still in but this is a bunch of garbage in terms of who was eliminated. This is supposed to be about dance- technique, improvement- the ability to dance. I support Chaz because he gets out there and is very out of shape, a Transman and activist, but I have to say that the couple eliminated tonight should not have been. David Arqutte or Nancy Grace should have been.

Also, I think that Hope Solo is not being supported because she is a woman athlete. Yet, she has improved 10 fold and nailed technique in the last dance. I don't like her partner much, but he is a good instructor.

I am appealing to all to support Solo with some of our votes. And if I hear do a "girly walk" one more time, I might barf. Her body is one of the finest of a female athlete I have ever seen and she is damn sexy!! Reminds me of the body of the woman I spent 21 years with who also never felt feminine enough. She was a gorgeous, willowy, angular woman with deep grace. She could leave her shoes under my bed anytime! GRRRR.. yes, some of this brings back childhood stuff as a female athlete and how US society is so damn stuck on women with angular and muscular bodies are not feminine. Sexuality has nothing to do with this- I was straight (and comfortable with being so until I found something more satisfying) for many years and it hurt deeply to continually be compared to blonde (usually), big busted girls and women as what a young woman should look like.

I love and appreciate women's bodies of all shapes and sizes, really, but there is some real stereotyping going on in the voting in this show. This plus the horrible things said about Chaz on websites all over have really been upsetting.

I admire all of the contestants really- and I was so thrilled during the first show to see disfigured, fat, trans, and gay people out there. Mainly, I am having a hard time with this show really not being about dance at all. It is a personality contest, Hollywood style.

I am going to start splitting my votes between Chaz and Hope. I just have to support her, too.

Soft*Silver
10-04-2011, 11:25 PM
he is still in the competition simply because he sells. The advertisers wont hear of his elimination...

Corkey
10-04-2011, 11:38 PM
I'm happy that Chaz is still in but this is a bunch of garbage in terms of who was eliminated. This is supposed to be about dance- technique, improvement- the ability to dance. I support Chaz because he gets out there and is very out of shape, a Transman and activist, but I have to say that the couple eliminated tonight should not have been. David Arqutte or Nancy Grace should have been.

Also, I think that Hope Solo is not being supported because she is a woman athlete. Yet, she has improved 10 fold and nailed technique in the last dance. I don't like her partner much, but he is a good instructor.

I am appealing to all to support Solo with some of our votes. And if I hear do a "girly walk" one more time, I might barf. Her body is one of the finest of a female athlete I have ever seen and she is damn sexy!! Reminds me of the body of the woman I spent 21 years with who also never felt feminine enough. She was a gorgeous, willowy, angular woman with deep grace. She could leave her shoes under my bed anytime! GRRRR.. yes, some of this brings back childhood stuff as a female athlete and how US society is so damn stuck on women with angular and muscular bodies are not feminine. Sexuality has nothing to do with this- I was straight (and comfortable with being so until I found something more satisfying) for many years and it hurt deeply to continually be compared to blonde (usually), big busted girls and women as what a young woman should look like.

I love and appreciate women's bodies of all shapes and sizes, really, but there is some real stereotyping going on in the voting in this show. This plus the horrible things said about Chaz on websites all over have really been upsetting.

I admire all of the contestants really- and I was so thrilled during the first show to see disfigured, fat, trans, and gay people out there. Mainly, I am having a hard time with this show really not being about dance at all. It is a personality contest, Hollywood style.

I am going to start splitting my votes between Chaz and Hope. I just have to support her, too.

I hear my own voice in your post.

mustangjeano
10-05-2011, 12:54 AM
I was dissapointed in Chaz's dance on Monday--it seemed like he wasn't really trying or enjoying himself....but....Have ta say I'm glad he will be back next week.

Dominique
10-05-2011, 06:15 AM
As a woman who is muscular and athletic, I've been told about my walk. I of course have no idea what people are talking about. Refreshing to see Hope doesn't, and Max didn't seem to care. Excuse me, but tell me this isn't HAWT!

_HK95af8X5Y

Dominique
10-05-2011, 06:24 AM
What do you think.....did he look distracted?

T5q_3jj7n_0

Dominique
10-05-2011, 06:27 AM
HERE'S CARSON!

6LUsSP3ipXU

AtLast
10-05-2011, 10:45 AM
As a woman who is muscular and athletic, I've been told about my walk. I of course have no idea what people are talking about. Refreshing to see Hope doesn't, and Max didn't seem to care. Excuse me, but tell me this isn't HAWT!

_HK95af8X5Y

Oh, this IS hot! Sizzling! She has really improved and it feels like she is enjoying herself. I so applaud her for bringing the woman athlete to the ballroom dance stage and keeping her walk! No, Max doesn't seem to care at all. And I thought his "girlie walk" off the stage was actually saying stick it- They did some very complex lifts in their routine and she is letting her body feel more in a totally different way than she is used to.

Oh and JR still has my vote for best male dancer booty hip lift! A natural! He is simply sensual and has a liquid quality- he is very deeply in touch with his body. LOL, I always say I have to dance with someone before having sex with them- very telling! There is a gay man that I used to partner dance with (he's the follow) that had the best hip lift! He taught me so much about dance anyway. I kept telling him I wanted to see him dance with my son. It would be a booty tilt lift fest! It is really hard for a female bodied lead to do- kinda how little boys could always make better car noises. Then again, challenge a male dancer with arm fluidity or range of motion if they are musculiar in their upper arms. Those big 'ole football players that use ballet technique to improve range of motion have it right!

Oh, and I am touched with how JR's partner/instructor caresses his head and face when they are being "judged"- obviously his emotion about how he felt about his disfigurement when first recovering had a lot of fear about not being thought attractive by a potential love. The guy went through this smack dab in the middle of our developmental stage having to do with partnering in life.

But I digress- I am loving that the public votes are keeping Chaz in the show in some ways- I do think it is important for a transperson to be on such a show.

I know.. blah, blah, blah- but there are many things going through my mind watching this show.

ruffryder
10-05-2011, 10:51 AM
Chaz, Chaz, Chaz. Wow! I hope to see him dance sometime! Maybe with Cher in the audience next week! :goodscore:

Bella~Vita
10-05-2011, 11:14 AM
As much as I love Chazz I think it's wrong a better dance couple went home ... I think Chazz is challenged with his hurt knees and is gonna further injure himself . We love you Chazz ... please take care of you, you have nothing to prove . Coming from my heart ~ Kat~:bunchflowers:

Dominique
10-05-2011, 11:25 AM
I know DWTS is a reality TV show. It is the only one I watch. Lacey Schwimmer, Mark Ballas (The pro voted off last night) and Derek Hough are VERY good friends. Lacey was the first person to come to Mark. You can't help but think this causes people to be torn. It's all about the ratings, this proves it. It also proves how strong the LGTQ community is. Essentially, our votes are keeping TWO SUB PAR DANCERS on the show. Chazz, as Kat F stated....his BRAVERY, but his point is made.....and Carson (He did show up this week) but last week (?) hope the politicians are getting the message.:sunglass:

Bella~Vita
10-05-2011, 11:31 AM
I know DWTS is a reality TV show. It is the only one I watch. Lacey Schwimmer, Mark Ballas (The pro voted off last night) and Derek Hough are VERY good friends. Lacey was the first person to come to Mark. You can't help but think this causes people to be torn. It's all about the ratings, this proves it. It also proves how strong the LGTQ community is. Essentially, our votes are keeping TWO SUB PAR DANCERS on the show. Chazz, as Kat F stated....his BRAVERY, but his point is made.....and Carson (He did show up this week) but last week (?) hope the politicians are getting the message.:sunglass:

You're right our community is speaking strong .. that's a wonderful thing . :hangloose:

Dominique
10-05-2011, 11:45 AM
You're right our community is speaking strong .. that's a wonderful thing . :hangloose:

OOPs, I left out the B...thats supposed to be LGBTG....buries head.

Write14u
10-05-2011, 01:40 PM
AtLastHome, just to clarify ...this is a show that is loosely about dancing and much, much more about a popularity contest for ratings. I know it's presented more as a dancing contest, and the dancers really do get better for the most part the longer they are allowed to remain. However, it's all about the vote. And I don't think the shows producers are above creating controversy to keep ratings high.

Chaz and Carson have to be huge draws from the queer world, and I'm sure they are drooling at the thought of Momma Cher coming on the show. They get all kinds of celebs on there anyway (Courtney Cox, Kim Kardashian... just two of the ones I've spotted in the past few weeks. Oh, and mini celebs such as Solo's teammate Abby Wambach).

I know you'd like to see the best dancers remain on the show, but that's seriously not going to happen. It was always this way on American Idol. Somebody good always got knocked off way too soon. It stirs controversy and cranks up the ratings, typically.

And I totally agree with you on the hotness of Hope Solo. She's definitely improved, and I don't think she has to "walk more feminine" to show she's getting better. That said, there is a big difference between the grace of an athlete and the grace of a dancer. The grace of a dancer seems to be associated with femininity, and that seems to be what the judges think Solo lacks. Major BS, in my opinion, but that's how it comes across to me.

Write14u
10-05-2011, 01:48 PM
*laughing*
I just now saw Carson's dance. He is SOOO flamboyant. It's incredible in its awesomeness. He just can't clamp down his natural way of strutting around, and I love it. He's just who he is.
Very much "Take me as I am."
Love.

macele
10-05-2011, 04:42 PM
Her (hope solo) body is one of the finest of a female athlete I have ever seen and she is damn sexy!! -- AtLastHome

espn the body issue ... you get to see hope solo's athletic-damn-sexy-naked body. she sure has got the body to dance!

i love the one where she is watering the lawn lol.

http://espn.go.com/

Write14u
10-10-2011, 05:59 PM
I'm curious how much Cher tweeting about being on this week affected the vote last week. It's also amazing how people get aggravated when it's apparent it's simply about the voting. This is season 13 ...haven't figured that one out yet? LOL

Shadowboi2010
10-10-2011, 06:57 PM
Did he already dance? I think I missed it.

Write14u
10-10-2011, 07:17 PM
No, he's at least two away. Kardashian is up next.
Carson was hysterical, as usual. That was the most limp-wristed sword fight I've ever seen. LOL I was just told: "You know he's dying to be twirled."
I think he'd be happier if he could be in a dress out there. LOL
Hope Solo was cute during her routine.

Rockinonahigh
10-10-2011, 08:46 PM
Yes,Chaz danced,but im not tellin how he did..ya gotta watch!

princessbelle
10-10-2011, 09:13 PM
HORRAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

I think this was Chaz's best night ever!!!!! Brought tears to my eyes. Was very proud of him.

Loved, loved, loved!!!!

Was a great night. I really enjoyed all of them tonight.

I loved the theme and the fun that was going on.

Great night!!!

Shadowboi2010
10-10-2011, 09:54 PM
I thought he was really good too! Much improved!

I'm kind of an old stickler when it comes to the Paso Doble, and think it feels odd if done to anything but a Spanish type genre, and I think it stems from the dance itself (Matador/Cape).

Rockinonahigh
10-10-2011, 10:28 PM
Once I saw the tradional Paso done while in mexico,I was awsome,to bad no one will prolly ever do the traditional dance on this show.

J. Mason
10-11-2011, 09:06 AM
Ugh I missed it I was busy watching the football game, I am glad yall post in here!

Novelafemme
10-11-2011, 09:27 AM
HORRAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

I think this was Chaz's best night ever!!!!! Brought tears to my eyes. Was very proud of him.

Loved, loved, loved!!!!

Was a great night. I really enjoyed all of them tonight.

I loved the theme and the fun that was going on.

Great night!!!

I heard on the radio this morning that Cher was in the audience and even she was moved to tears. I'm so happy that their relationship seems to be going strong!!

Dominique
10-11-2011, 09:58 AM
They are not available until early Wednesday morning from UTube to post.
So I'll post them tomorrow. I'm worried who will be eliminated.

Greyson
10-11-2011, 01:15 PM
Was Cher in the audience? My sister texted me last night while I was in class to tell me Chaz did better this week. Again, thank you to those (YellowBand) that post the videos for us to view.

Write14u
10-11-2011, 01:19 PM
Cher was indeed in the audience, along with a bunch of other family members, according to Chaz. It's actually been pretty interesting to watch the various famous people who show up. The Arquette sisters were in the house last night. Bruce Jenner nearly had a coughing fit at something Carson did. Can't remember now. It's good entertainment. Oh yeah, Abby "header" Wambach was there last night supporting Hope Solo. Various teammates have been there. Courtney Cox has been there the past two weeks.

DomnNC
10-11-2011, 01:46 PM
You can go here http://abc.go.com/watch/shows and watch the entire show from last night online now. Just scroll down until you see Dancing With The Stars and select last nights show.

Dominique
10-11-2011, 04:10 PM
Hope and Maks

d1U1pt1_q1M

Dominique
10-11-2011, 04:32 PM
oJ0kDu12VXI

Dominique
10-11-2011, 04:35 PM
qOU2drxhFt4

Dominique
10-11-2011, 04:38 PM
1UL_RgMck6w

princessbelle
10-11-2011, 04:43 PM
oJ0kDu12VXI

EVERY single time i watch this i get chills. Call me mushy or sappy or whatever. I don't care. I almost always root for the underdog. As much as he has been through, emotionally and physically, he is Rocky in my book.

I know he's not perfect and doesn't represent us all or even how some of us want him to. But. He is another famous someone who is family, taking the risks of hatred from the public and standing tall and running up those steps like many of us have done and continue to do....

I just can't watch it without crying and feeling so proud. THAT is an honor to see AND feel.

THANK YOU CHAZ!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dominique
10-11-2011, 04:51 PM
I love the way Lacey Schwimmer markets him too. Case in point that whole *GiG* last night. Excellent. I'm a sap too.
I watched it again as I posted it, same reaction as I had last night, tears. She has made it both fun and real for Chazz. :bunchflowers:

AtLast
10-11-2011, 05:20 PM
Cher was indeed in the audience, along with a bunch of other family members, according to Chaz. It's actually been pretty interesting to watch the various famous people who show up. The Arquette sisters were in the house last night. Bruce Jenner nearly had a coughing fit at something Carson did. Can't remember now. It's good entertainment. Oh yeah, Abby "header" Wambach was there last night supporting Hope Solo. Various teammates have been there. Courtney Cox has been there the past two weeks.

Yes, many "celeb" friends and family have been there. That is one reason I was hopeful Cher attended at some point. As well as his half-brother and step-mother. I felt kind of yucky during the first show when there wern't more family and friends there for him actually watching and cheering him on. Although, I get why there needed to be sensitivity to who was there at the show for him. But don't like it- everyone else had key relatives there.

I think he will being going on to the next show. I am getting really tired of carrie Ann's obvious issues with women atheletes as feminine concerning Hope Solo. I was thrilled that Len and Bruno both (as they have been) critiqued her dance in terms of technique and the fact that she has this down. Obviously she struggles with what many female dancers have learned from childhood in terms of feminine stereotypes of movement. Most likely a life-long battle and could almost be viewed as a form of body dysphoria.

To me it looks like Chaz is dropping some weight and feeling better out there each week. I want him to have the plain enjoyment of it all along with all that goes along with his making a statement for transpeople. Something just for him as a human being that we all need.

Write14u
10-11-2011, 07:43 PM
Wow, here's hoping the queer voting bloc comes out and votes during the next elections the way they are voting for DWTS. LOL

Write14u
10-11-2011, 07:51 PM
OMG...
I. AM. DYING. HERE.

Nancy Grace's dancing partner gave her advice before last night.
It consisted of this: Keep your nipples in, don't fart...and you'll be alright.

I almost fell off the couch laughing.

Bella~Vita
10-11-2011, 08:20 PM
OMG...
I. AM. DYING. HERE.

Nancy Grace's dancing partner gave her advice before last night.
It consisted of this: Keep your nipples in, don't fart...and you'll be alright.

I almost fell off the couch laughing.

I saw that and busted out laughing. Too funny:jester:

Rockinonahigh
10-11-2011, 08:21 PM
Wow, here's hoping the queer voting bloc comes out and votes during the next elections the way they are voting for DWTS. LOL

Yep,It would be great if the gay/queer voteing block did this in elections that can change things for the good.

AtLast
10-12-2011, 03:09 AM
I saw that and busted out laughing. Too funny:jester:

I know- I especially liked Tristan's pronunciation of fart! I about fell over!!!

Shadowboi2010
10-12-2011, 05:00 AM
I laughed too. I can hardly imagine Nancy Grace farting as it is.

I bet only the dogs can hear it.

Write14u
10-12-2011, 08:07 AM
I laughed too. I can hardly imagine Nancy Grace farting as it is.

I bet only the dogs can hear it.

Hah...Google search that one and see a clip from the week before. It was hysterical. Best part was the look on Tristan's face. That's why I knew it was legit. He's about to die in the clip.
And then when he acknowledged it this week, I was cracking up.

ruffryder
10-15-2011, 12:27 PM
Thanks for those that post the videos of the dances! I missed last weeks but saw the results. . I did enjoy Chazz's dance. His best so far, I think. Good job!! I hope he continues to feel inspired and keeps getting better! Good job Chaz! :congrats:

J. Mason
10-17-2011, 07:44 PM
I think Chaz did a better job this week than last week!

Shadowboi2010
10-17-2011, 09:28 PM
I agree, in fact I think it may have been better than his Cha Cha.

Peach
10-18-2011, 08:58 AM
He still isnt my favorite dancer, but he is way better than Carson. I WISH Carson would take it seriously, I think he could have been really good, but he just wants to goof around, and camp it up. He didnt even really try to do a jive last night. JR continues to impress, that samba last night was HOT. Ricky proved last night, that without Derek, she wouldnt be going far, Nancy has improved a lot too, but still not one of my faves either.

Dominique
10-18-2011, 09:30 AM
Let's let the PLANET decide AT&T customers call 867-5301 to vote for Carson

3rKkKiUcu7c

Dominique
10-18-2011, 09:33 AM
For you ATLAST, I expect to see your comments. You know how I feel! HAWT!

ifiwNCo4uiA

Dominique
10-18-2011, 09:41 AM
oiK_3ntmoKo

MsTinkerbelly
10-18-2011, 10:10 AM
I thought Chaz showed some improvement this week, which is why I gave him 3 of my 8 votes.

I think Carson really wants to dance, but has 3 left feet. Sometimes, just for an instant, you can see how much he is hurt by the judge's comments. He has had to develop a tough hide through the years, and he seems to hide his feelings behind the goofiness.

theoddz
10-18-2011, 10:49 AM
I don't usually watch these shows, but I have been following Chaz's performances, simply because I want to cheer him on!! It's not every day a person sees a guy like us (transmen) put himself out into the public eye, opening himself up to criticism and cheering, alike. I want to be part of the cheering crowd!!! :clap:

I have to admit, I really enjoyed watching the show this week, not just because of my desire to root for Chaz, but also because I really dig that 80's music. I don't think they could've possibly found more danceable music than what was popular in the 80's era. My favorite tune of the night was the cover of Spandau Ballet's "True" . How well I remember that wonderful song, and I think Nancy Grace and Tristan McManus did a wonderful job with it. It brought back those magical evenings I had, myself, dancing to that song with a lovely Lady in my arms. (thanks, Allison!!:heartbeat:) :winky::thumbsup:

Go Chaz!!! Great performance!!!! :clap::thumbsup::winky:

Dominique
10-18-2011, 11:48 AM
I love 80's music. I still listen to it, most of the time. DWTS is one of the very few TV shows I watch, other than the news. By the time Chazz and Ricki come on to dance, It's way past my normal *go to sleep* time so, I usually have to stand up, to stay awake to see them dance (silly, I know)
Well, when Ricki and Derek started out that fox trot with a Rodger Rabbit, I flashed back to my clubbing days. (keep in mind I was 99% asleep) so I broke into my own rendition of Rodger Rabbit.....thinking it may have looked more like the DiGiorno pizza guy :| it took me forever to learn how to do that. Apparently I didn't remember it forever. I woke up this morning with a head ache and have had poor concentration all day. No doubt from shaking my brain around doing the Roger Rabbit incorrectly.

Kudo's to you Nancy Grace...even though it wasn't you doing the Roger Rabbit...you are out there as a middle aged woman giving it a fair shot. And lets not forget Kirstie Alley:vigil: lol.

girl_dee
10-18-2011, 12:10 PM
thanks for posting the videos !

Dominique
10-18-2011, 12:23 PM
thanks for posting the videos !

My pleasure! (f)

I'm liking that they are available on tuesday now, and we are not waiting until wednesday morning!

Fancy
10-18-2011, 01:01 PM
My pleasure! (f)

I'm liking that they are available on tuesday now, and we are not waiting until wednesday morning!

I don't have TV channels/cable, so I watch them every Tues during lunch online.

:)

It's the only show I follow....

macele
10-18-2011, 01:31 PM
i'm not a dwts watcher. ive only watched the clips. what i have followed is chaz.
he is smiling courage. he has totally embraced who he is. i wish that for every one.

as far as hope solo and maks, i don't care to watch whatever they are trying
to accomplish behind the scenes. it's not working for me. silly. but i don't guess it has to.

if the judges/whoever feels she can't relax and lessen the athlete inside her,
maybe they should have paired her with a woman. it seems like maks wants this to be about him, and it's not. i really think he would sling her off the stage if he could get away with it lol. they are trying to do too much. slow it down a tad and they might get a more femme hope. that's what they want, right?!?!

Corkey
10-18-2011, 01:32 PM
Thanks for the vids. I'm a football fan, need I say more. Chaz has improved immensely he doesn't look like a cherub in tiny shoes any more. :|

Dominique
10-18-2011, 02:00 PM
i'm not a dwts watcher. ive only watched the clips. what i have followed is chaz.
he is smiling courage. he has totally embraced who he is. i wish that for every one.

as far as hope solo and maks, i don't care to watch whatever they are trying
to accomplish behind the scenes. it's not working for me. silly. but i don't guess it has to.

if the judges/whoever feels she can't relax and lessen the athlete inside her,
maybe they should have paired her with a woman. it seems like maks wants this to be about him, and it's not. i really think he would sling her off the stage if he could get away with it lol. they are trying to do too much. slow it down a tad and they might get a more femme hope. that's what they want, right?!?!

As a woman with muscles, but I am not built like Hope Solo, nor am I as young as her. Sporty women don't know what people are talking about when they critique our walk. Maks actually requested Hope. He wants to win, and he knows that Hope has that drive. I loved her comment *I don't like any man telling me......* i/e Len, one of the Judges. Hope is still playing soccer, and Maks is traveling with her, and they are dancing in between soccer work outs and games. That's sort of why he dragged her away from those comments implying she doesn't work hard enough. Maks' knows she does.

This is why I love this thread, this television show in theory, is about who is progressing the best and ultimately becomes the best dancer. But as we keep seeing, week after week, it's really all about the ratings. Carson and Chazz have been out right terrible as far as dancers go. But Queer nation
has come together and kept them both on the show, and really both are sub par. We've seen far better leave.

We all love Chazz (and Lacey) for all the right reasons, and week five, (last night) was really the first time he actually danced. It was also the first time I saw him look comfortable and happy.

I have a feeling Chazz will stay tonight. But this may be it for Carson. I'd love to see Kardashian go. I'm shocked week after week, at the inflated scores he gets from the judges. Maybe they really like his Dance pro Cheryl Burke. :confused: Who knows, Carson and Anna made two pretty nice appeals to Carsons' fans?

Peach
10-18-2011, 02:02 PM
Let's let the PLANET decide AT&T customers call 867-5301 to vote for Carson

3rKkKiUcu7c

this was not their dance from last night, it was last weeks.

Dominique
10-18-2011, 02:15 PM
this was not their dance from last night, it was last weeks.

Hi Peach

The Jive, they danced on 10/17/2011 begins at 2:55.....first they recap last week.

J. Mason
10-18-2011, 08:43 PM
Chaz is safe again this week!

Dominique
10-20-2011, 04:50 AM
Paulina Porizkova: Chaz Bono Has 'Dancing With The Stars' Sympathy Vote

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/380513/thumbs/r-PAULINA-PORIZKOVA-large570.jpg
First Posted: 10/19/11 10:01 AM ETUpdated: 10/19/11 10:12 AM ET

Rumored to be returning to reality TV in Donald Trump’s "Celebrity Apprentice," Paulina Porizkova remembers how painful it was to be voted off "Dancing with the Stars" first and has a shocking theory about why a beautiful girl will never win the Mirror Ball trophy.

“I was the first one to get fired. But I also got fired from something else, didn’t I?” Paulina jokes, referring to her exit from her "America's Next Top Model" judging gig. "Let’s put this down as a fact, we were number four on the scores with the judges. I was clearly just the least popular person there."

It’s true that neither Kate Gosselin nor Bristol Palin were any better dancers than Paulina, but they all lasted in the competition much longer thanks to the audience voting them back week after week.

“Yeah, she was not a dancer, but she was popular,” Paulina says referring to Bristol. “Yes! I want to be popular. I was unpopular in school, did the whole round circle and now I am unpopular again. ... Haven’t you noticed that the ones that always go first are models, unless they are fat. I just think that people figure that if you look good and you already have it made, why should you do that? But it gets sympathy. If you are attractive, you don’t get sympathy and you need sympathy to be truly likeable.”

So what does she think about Chaz Bono?

“He’s got a good sympathy vote, that’s for sure!” says Paulina. “In order to be the best, you have to be mediocre. You have to have a little bit of this, a little bit of that, and meet in the middle.”

But Paulina's theory doesn't quite hold up when it comes to Brooke Burke's season 7 win and Nicole Scherzinger's season 10 win. Hopefully Paulina has better luck on "Celebrity Apprentice," where the only person making the decision is a man who certainly appreciates a beautiful woman.

For my entire interview with Paulina, check out HDNet's "Naughty But Nice With Rob" Thursday evenings at 8:00 pm.

AtLast
10-20-2011, 05:29 AM
He is so much more relaxed! Some good booty shakin'! Loved this week's clips with Lacy's Dad working with him. Sorry to see Carson go.