Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 08-31-2011, 09:51 AM   #1
Jessica

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Taken

Jessica Has the BEST ReputationJessica Has the BEST ReputationJessica Has the BEST ReputationJessica Has the BEST ReputationJessica Has the BEST ReputationJessica Has the BEST ReputationJessica Has the BEST ReputationJessica Has the BEST ReputationJessica Has the BEST ReputationJessica Has the BEST ReputationJessica Has the BEST Reputation
Smile Healthy Weight Gain

Yep I said it- weight gain. I am looking for healthy ways to put back on some weight. I started losing weight last year. At first it was ok, but now I feel I have lost too much. I am not able to eat but a few bites of my food before feeling full. I have gone to the Dr. and no one can seem to figure it out. The GI dr told me to eat fattier foods. I do not eat anywhere near healthy now so that doesn't help me. I just want to put on 5-10lbs. I am 5'7" and weigh 125 (maybe less) now, I was 155 when this started. I don't want to get too small for my frame. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!!
Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jessica For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2011, 11:25 AM   #2
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

Drink ensure. It's not as disgusting as it used to be. In fact, buy the vanilla
flavored and blend in a piece of mango, and it will taste like a dream sickle.

Even though I have Skinny Bitch underneath my heading, I am not one. I gain weight very easily, and through a healthy diet and exercise I keep my weight in the 135 pound range.

However, I was in an accident, and injured my thalamus. I began wasting away. Wasting is the medical term. The Neurology people put me on ensure (it's loaded with vitamins and minerals) and the weight came back, kind of quickly, all things considered. Ask your Dr. about this because if the
Dr. assigns this as part of your RX, insurance covers it, and UPS delivers it to your home. It's outrageous to purchase OTC, $1.25 a bottle x 3 a day...

I hear the chocolate is really good. I don't like chocolate anything.
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2011, 11:35 AM   #3
Jessica

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Taken

Jessica Has the BEST ReputationJessica Has the BEST ReputationJessica Has the BEST ReputationJessica Has the BEST ReputationJessica Has the BEST ReputationJessica Has the BEST ReputationJessica Has the BEST ReputationJessica Has the BEST ReputationJessica Has the BEST ReputationJessica Has the BEST ReputationJessica Has the BEST Reputation
Cool

Thanks! I bought some chocolate Ensure last night to try. They are not cheap! Maybe I will ask my dr about it so that maybe my insurance will cover it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jessica For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2011, 11:36 AM   #4
The Oopster

How Do You Identify?:
transgender male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he

2 Highscores

Thanked 2,655 Times in 759 Posts
The Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST Reputation

I had lost a lot of weight due to health problems. Protein shakes helped me to put weight back on.

I personally like

http://www.ihealthtree.com/whey-pump...2-2lb-mrm.html

.. I mix in soy milk and frozen fruit and have a nice sweet drink.

I had a health practioner who used milk shakes when she was younger to gain weight.
The Oopster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Oopster For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2011, 11:43 AM   #5
The Oopster

How Do You Identify?:
transgender male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he

2 Highscores

The Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST Reputation

http://www.ihealthtree.com/all-natur...olate-mrm.html

The also have the above which I haven't tried.

I haven't priced recetnly but the prices on that site were the best I could find when I first looked on line for it.

If you buy enough shipping is free.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:53 AM   #6
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
Yep I said it- weight gain. I am looking for healthy ways to put back on some weight. I started losing weight last year. At first it was ok, but now I feel I have lost too much. I am not able to eat but a few bites of my food before feeling full. I have gone to the Dr. and no one can seem to figure it out. The GI dr told me to eat fattier foods. I do not eat anywhere near healthy now so that doesn't help me. I just want to put on 5-10lbs. I am 5'7" and weigh 125 (maybe less) now, I was 155 when this started. I don't want to get too small for my frame. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!!
I have the opposite issue, but wanted to pop in and wish you luck...and also say "Bravo" for being healthy as you go about it.

When my son was younger he went through a stage of being too thin. His doctor said to make sure he ate frequently, and to use whole milk products instead of low fat. She also advocated a big dinner, and then a snack before bed that included a glass of whole milk.

I'm not sure if he grew out of that stage or if her advice worked...but we followed it, and he gained enough to get back to a healthy "normal" weight.
Old 08-31-2011, 12:44 PM   #7
Jessica

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Taken

Smile

I'm going to give the Ensure's a try and maybe snacking more. I just don't want to put on unhealthy weight. I try and stay away from dairy as much as I can- dairy and I don't really get along. I am still going to the dr to try and figure out if something's wrong or if it's just me.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:36 PM   #8
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

The ensures are small like 8 ounces, if I recall correctly. I was like you, eating half a pear and feeling like I was just at a chinese buffet. TIP...
I liked them better, very cold (who knows why). I did drink them because they (medical people) kept saying You'll get sick...You'll get sick...

I checked out the link to that whey, thats a good whey, and a good price,
but whey is a by product of dairy. (curds and whey). I wonder what ensure is?
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 01:44 PM   #9
Jessica

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Taken

Smile

I'm not sure what all ensure is. I drank my 1st one this morning. I made a smoothie out of it in the blender, added a banana for some flavor. Wasn't horrible. I will check out those links when I get home.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:56 PM   #10
Julie

How Do You Identify?:
Angel * Femme * Lesbian * Girl * Woman * Slut * Bitch *
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No longer a Virgin Bride to Dreamer ~ May 17th, 2014

Thanked 18,159 Times in 3,632 Posts
Julie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Hi Jessica,

I have been on both ends of the spectrum. Excessive weight loss and weight gain.

I am not a proponent of ensure, unless you are ill and cannot hold anything down. Have your serotonin levels checked (high serotonin can cause lack of hunger and full feeling) as well as possibly seeing an endocrinologist. I have a condition where I do not get hungry, and it is do to my endocrine adrenal function.

I would suggest eating peanut butter, almond butter, etc. One of my favorites (and very fattening) is Almond Cream. Soak the raw almonds overnight in water, so they sprout - blend them with water and add figs, honey and nuts - OMG this is an amazing meal. You will know the consistency. Banana's, Cheese and Avocado are excellent choices as well. You might want to think about snacking on trail mixes, etc. The nuts, cheese, etc.. Are really healthy and will help to increase your fat content, without eating a big mac. Fruit juices, potatoes, corn -- All weight producing. If you have to, supplement with a healthy weight gaining powder -- but, I would add peanut butter or fruit to it.

I wish you luck and seriously - talk to your doctor about your endocrine system.

Hope to see you in LR.

Julie

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps4d9fb6c0.jpg

I Love You ~ I Love Us
May 17, 2014
Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Julie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2011, 02:05 PM   #11
The Oopster

How Do You Identify?:
transgender male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he

2 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie View Post
Hi Jessica,

I have been on both ends of the spectrum. Excessive weight loss and weight gain.

I am not a proponent of ensure, unless you are ill and cannot hold anything down. Have your serotonin levels checked (high serotonin can cause lack of hunger and full feeling) as well as possibly seeing an endocrinologist. I have a condition where I do not get hungry, and it is do to my endocrine adrenal function.

I would suggest eating peanut butter, almond butter, etc. One of my favorites (and very fattening) is Almond Cream. Soak the raw almonds overnight in water, so they sprout - blend them with water and add figs, honey and nuts - OMG this is an amazing meal. You will know the consistency. Banana's, Cheese and Avocado are excellent choices as well. You might want to think about snacking on trail mixes, etc. The nuts, cheese, etc.. Are really healthy and will help to increase your fat content, without eating a big mac. Fruit juices, potatoes, corn -- All weight producing. If you have to, supplement with a healthy weight gaining powder -- but, I would add peanut butter or fruit to it.

I wish you luck and seriously - talk to your doctor about your endocrine system.

Hope to see you in LR.

Julie
To go with this if you do get a protein powder ... you don't have to use milk .. i use soymilk since i don't do dairly and sometimes almond milk. More expensive but good... also it is easy to make your own almond milk I just haven't done it for ages
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Oopster For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2011, 02:47 PM   #12
Jessica

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Taken

Smile

I can definately do peanut butter, bananas, cheese, and the trail mixes. I will have to give those a try. Never tried soy milk before but if I do the protein shakes I will definitely consider it. Everyone's been so helpful. Thank you!
Old 08-31-2011, 02:54 PM   #13
The Oopster

How Do You Identify?:
transgender male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he

2 Highscores

Quote:
I can definately do peanut butter, bananas, cheese, and the trail mixes. I will have to give those a try. Never tried soy milk before but if I do the protein shakes I will definitely consider it. Everyone's been so helpful. Thank you!
I always get the vanilla flavored one. you can buy in in the frigeration section or non frigerated. I buy the non frigerated ones in bulk at costco but would suggest just buying one carton first. May want to try one of each ... the frigerated and non frigerated. On the protein powder I'll warn you that I didn't like the vanilla in that brand even when I add things to it. I really like their chocolate. If you want a double fix add peanut butter in it! Triple fix add bananas also!

I had a banana overload at one time and can't do them anymore! Became allergic!
Old 08-31-2011, 06:35 PM   #14
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,401 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Goat's milk........not the kind in the can the kind from the live goat.

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2011, 06:40 PM   #15
Jessica

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Taken

Cool

I will try avoid having a banana overload I've have really low B12 an I know that can contribute to the loss of appetite, so I am getting a shot of B12 once a week to try and get it back up to a good number.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jessica For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2011, 07:17 PM   #16
Jessica

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Taken

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Goat's milk........not the kind in the can the kind from the live goat.
Haha Not sure I can do that. I don't have access to a goat. Not sure if I would be able to drink it if I did.
Old 10-02-2011, 09:12 PM   #17
little_ms_sunshyne

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 12,241 Times in 2,540 Posts
little_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputation

Came across this thread and thought I would pop in and say good luck. I too have heard ensure is the way to go. More than 2000 calories daily a must. If all else fails I have a grandmother that cooks some fantastic mexican food. We can send you her way. lol
little_ms_sunshyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 09:30 PM   #18
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

Hi Jessica! I was just going to recommend B12! I have a bottle of sublingual B12 on my desk that I take right when I get to work every morning. It really seems to help!

I am in the same boat as you, more or less. I am 5'9" and weight about 116 right now. I'm a total stress non-eater and have to be careful when life gets hectic for me or I waste away to nothing. And one thing I do to combat the stress is to run, which doesn't help with the weight loss at all!

I have an apple and almond butter for breakfast and then a salad with steak or chicken for lunch and a protein rich dinner. I tried the Ensure drinks but didn't care for them. If you have a Trader Joe's nearby they sell a yummy vanilla protein powder that you can add to a breakfast smoothie in the morning...it's better than coffee!!

The best of luck to you!!

Quote:
I will try avoid having a banana overload I've have really low B12 an I know that can contribute to the loss of appetite, so I am getting a shot of B12 once a week to try and get it back up to a good number.
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
healthy, weight