Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > GENDER AND IDENTITY > The Lesbian Zone

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-05-2010, 07:03 PM   #18
bonne-maman

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
All right SPA. I am single.

bonne-maman Has the BEST Reputationbonne-maman Has the BEST Reputationbonne-maman Has the BEST Reputationbonne-maman Has the BEST Reputationbonne-maman Has the BEST Reputationbonne-maman Has the BEST Reputationbonne-maman Has the BEST Reputationbonne-maman Has the BEST Reputationbonne-maman Has the BEST Reputationbonne-maman Has the BEST Reputationbonne-maman Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFemme View Post
I am a femme, a lesbian and I love other humans.

I happen to be in love with and married to a trans man, but not because he is a transman. It just happened that the human I fell for is a transman.

It's hard for me to couch an answer in what it is I love about a specific label, because no two transpeople that I know are exactly the same.

I will say that I appreciate it when a trans person wants to keep their Queer/Butch/Femme/Whatever roots and remain a part of the community.

I don't want to lose all the history and amazing people we have because they chose to transition, and I am incredibly grateful when people do not leave the community because of transition.

I know it's not easy sometimes.

I am also grateful when others make room for each other and change is accepted. Again, it's not always easy, but the pay off is immense.
I agree that it feels awkward to single out a group for why we like them. I had the desire to challenge myself to this (enjoyable) task, as a way to continue my own evolvement. Sometimes its good to really think about why it is that we like certain people. It can tell us something about ourselves, or about the ones we love. Thanks for your response SF.
bonne-maman is offline   Reply With Quote