Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > GENDER AND IDENTITY > The Femme Zone

The Femme Zone For all things "Femme"

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-04-2013, 08:41 AM   #19
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,097 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow View Post
The descriptors you used in the post to *me* are assigned markers of hierarchy... Femme has no High ----- Low, we- just are. For me it's my gender so..... I can't and won't fall into the trap of assigning "value" to Femme. I'd like to address the stuff about Femmes of Color and our experiences but I'll take the chance and be transparent and say I'm not comfortable cause there was some hostility in the posts regarding a WOC's perception about race/identify/gender/Femme...

Candy, I'm going to come back after work and share my experience as a Femme who chose to live with a cis gender man and the trials of holding on to Femme

Hang in there sister!
Snowy, I would really appreciate hearing anything you have to say.

I am sorry that the environment here feels too hostile to you to be able to speak to your experience as a woman of color. I ALWAYS get kind of concerned when a conversation about race only includes the perspective of white folks, and I did have that concern here. For the record, I would welcome your perspective on that but also understand if you don't feel able to share it.

I don't intend to come across as hostile towards Femmes of color--I am hostile towards that picture LOL. What irks me about her opinion around the intersections of race and Femme, is that for me personally I don't believe that the privileges I access that Femmes of color don't have much to do with my femininity. It has way the hell more to do with my whiteness.

But, I know that lived experience is never simple and we can't really parse out the boxes we fit into in the world. If there is something we are missing around the intersections of race and Femme--I think your opinion would be invaluable.
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post: