How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,617 Times in 2,489 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow View Post
"As easy as taking candy from a baby."

Have you ever tried to take anything from a baby, they scream the place down!
I know. That is scary to me actually. Because if I think it through, I get an image of what the person who first said this actually meant and it's horrifying. It is actually easier to take candy from a baby than it is to take it from someone who can fight back. Some kind of baby punching asshole first came up with that saying.

And what about “I slept like a baby.” I know everyone remarks on this but seriously where did it even come from? Babies wake up crying every couple of hours and everyone looks peaceful when they sleep. So why?

I hate “it is what it is.” No shit really? Let me know when it is what it isn’t will ya? And I use it all the time. I want to punch myself in the head every time I say it but it hurts and it looks really dumb.

People pointed out that they were personally nauseating when they meant to say they were nauseated by telling others “I’m nauseous” so frequently that it is now deemed correct usage as long as one adds a verb before it such as “I’m feeling nauseous” or “I’m becoming nauseous.” I’m not a big fan of changing wrong to right because everyone is doing it. And besides it always made me laugh when people say "I'm nauseous." You can't help but think, yes, yes you are.

It confuses me when I hear “well, it’s a moot point.” I’m never sure what they are saying exactly. Moot does not mean something is superfluous. It means its open to discussion. If you say it is a moot point it means you want to discuss it. It doesn’t mean it doesn’t matter, it means it’s debatable.

It annoys me when someone says they are anxious to see someone or they are anxiously awaiting some pleasant event. Anxious doesn’t actually mean you’re looking forward to something. You might want something very much but you are not anxious for it unless there is a feeling of unease mixed in. You might be anxious to receive the report from the doctor but you are not anxious to see your sister unless she punches you every time you see each other.
Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:

Tags
annoying, phrases, words